Posts (63)

• notvai4

notvai4

#33710299 - 5 months ago

White, I would assume.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33710345 - 5 months ago

I don't really feel like it fits within the color rule though.

• notvai4

notvai4

#33710376 - 5 months ago

I think the color rule is more loose than people give it credit for. There's plenty of names that reference things that can have multiple colors, or where you have to jump through a few hoops to get to the color.

The white sheet-ghost image is a very popular portrayal of ghosts, so I'm more than sure it counts.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33710411 - 5 months ago

In reply to notvai4 I disagree. There's jumping through hoops to get there, and there's choosing something with an ambiguous color. If you have to translate it, it's still a color word. But you can't just choose a word that is not generally associated with any one color, and decide that just because some people think of some color for it, it counts. What about green ghostbusters ghosts? What about the purple shade of the pokemon type ghost? It's SUPER subjective, and at that point, I think it's too far.

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33710430 - 5 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

Well, when I thought about it the color evoked misty grey fog in my mind, so I decided to roll with it. I suppose other people may think of other colors for a certain word, but its kinda difficult to include all those perspectives in a 4 letter acronym. 

By that extension, I could ask what is the color of PSTL and ATMN. Those are rather broad color schemes (in pastels case, a property) and they may have different portrayals.

In the end, I'd just like to say that these are in progress teams, and I may pick something more to your liking if the idea occurs to me.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33710485 - 5 months ago

In reply to A-Tank They're color schemes, like FNKI, but colors are still quick to come to mind. Autumn is known for its colors, and the only other usage of the word pastel is to refer to the coloring medium, which would again relate to color anyway. Ghost doesn't necessarily relate to colors at all. You can relate it if you try, but it's not like ghosts are known for their color or evoke a specific color idea. That's kind of the difference I see here, not sure if I managed to put it into words very well.

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33710521 - 5 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

I do see your point, even though it took me less than a millisecond to have a color snap into my mind for GHST. I understand other people may not see as I see, and painting an accurate picture in the reader's mind is important. 

Very well, it seems the lineup may need to be shaken up, since three characters for the above mentioned name have been created. Or I'll just roll with it and see the reader feedback. Or none of the above. The future is yet to be set.

Thank you for making the effort to explain your argument.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33710535 - 5 months ago

Anyway, I realized my last relevant post here is a year old. Might as well post the newer list of team names I have.

-PRBL: Purple

-PSTL: Pastel (soft, light shades of colors)

-ATMN: Autumn (color spectrum from yellows to browns)

-CHSS: Chess (black and white)

-ENDV: Endive (vegetable with white leaves that have a distinct yellowish-greenish rim)

• RazielVermillion

RazielVermillion

#33713755 - 4 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie it illudes to Sacred Heart University, whose colors are white and red

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33713769 - 4 months ago

In reply to RazielVermillion I feel like that's a bit of a stretch.

• RazielVermillion

RazielVermillion

#33713777 - 4 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie i think it falls into the third point of the second color naming rule

https://vignette.wikia.nocooki...

• DekZek

DekZek

#33713787 - 4 months ago

This idea came from a half-joke discussion between me and some of my friends about Zwei, if they were a team leader. Since Zwei is a dog, and dogs love to bring everyone together as friends, we made this team idea with team members as different as possible. Every member of this team is from a different location, and has a drastically different personality.

Team ZWEI

Zwei

Winter

Emerald

Ilia

Just imagine the shenanigans.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33713832 - 4 months ago

In reply to RazielVermillion I disagree.