Forums > RWBY

Nora Valkyrie Appreciation Thread

Posts (30)

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33286597 - 2 years ago

_rwby__nora_s_quote_today____by_reef1600

Greetings, fellow RWBY fans! This thread is dedicated to the appreciation of everyone's favorite Queen of the Castle, Nora Valkyrie. Feel free to share your thoughts & your favorite quotes & images featuring Team JNPR's very own Hyperactive Hammer-Wielding Heroine. Just remember to keep it civil here, folks. No hating allowed. Otherwise, Nora will "break your legs!"

As always, let the appreciation begin!

• PhantomAC

PhantomAC FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Not Otaku, Just Nerd

#33435101 - 2 years ago

I LOVE this girl!!! She loves who she is and what she does without a second thought. And she does it all in PINK!

I Still miss the big baby-doll bow. (they didn't even relocate it in another form on her outfit)

My favorite quote is STILL "I'm Queen of the Castle,.. I'm Queen of the Castle!" All sing-songy. Gets me snorting every time!

And how does one get a rocket launcher to fire a heart pattern? Good stuff!

My Favorite without question!

• PhantomAC

PhantomAC FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Not Otaku, Just Nerd

#33435718 - 2 years ago

In reply to WalkingSpirit

Yes we can, and yeah, it was in the first season only.

• Merryb2184

Merryb2184

#33463167 - 2 years ago

Nora is my absolute hero, she has really shown how strong she is this season. And by that I mean as Ren's emotional rock. When jaune objected to the team splitting up, it was her quick thinking that validated giving Ren an out. She knew he couldn't handle returning to that place, and offered up a survey of the landscape as a legitimate excuse. She was both quick-thinking and highly empathetic in that moment. She's so much more than just comic relief and I'm thrilled to see them fleshing out that aspect of her personality. I adore Nora!

• PhantomAC

#33463254 - 2 years ago

In reply to Merryb2184Indeed.

And I would hope RWBY fans see Nora as more than comic relief,.. I mean, this is NORA we're talking about here! Maybe some people (obviously not you) may mistake sharing her joy at living as funny,.. but we can see it's not script filler,.. It's her unbridled, unapologetic, full-throttle passion for being alive and being herself that has us laughing.

She's a pure joy to watch,.. in good times AND bad. (Man I wanted her to smash those bullies so bad.)

• PhantomAC

#33463271 - 2 years ago

In reply to mgr99f9g

RIGHT!!!

"IN YOUR BROKEN FACE!!! With Love,.. signed, Nora." --- *BOOM*

Nora knows!

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33467549 - 2 years ago

In reply to PhantomAC

All hail Madam Boop! All hail Nora!

nora

• MisCon

MisCon

#33482397 - 2 years ago

Wow. What I've read here is enlightening. I didn't realize Nora was as deep and useful to the story, but she really is!

As for her "Love for life", I don't disagree, but my hunch is it's because she is in love with Ren, her hero since the beginning! No wonder they are so close, and why Ren puts up with her insanity without a single complaint. He's resigned to his fate of protecting his closest friend forever...and it's been so long he wouldn't have it any other way.

And they are an absolutely adorable little lovers!

• PhantomAC

#33482616 - 2 years ago

In reply to MisCon

If that's what's keeping Nora happy,.. then I'll order an entire barrel of Ren and dunk her in it!

• MisCon

MisCon

#33482632 - 2 years ago

In reply to PhantomAC

Ummm..... Lets hope you don't have to... Don't wanna see the Death Rider impale her beloved hero

• PhantomAC

#33482775 - 2 years ago

In reply to MisCon Me neither. But you know what REALLY kicks my plums about Nora; ... It's the ABSOLUTE passion she puts behind every moment. Other characters, (including Lie) have a secondary self-check to most of their actions, in battle, OR day-in-the-life.

Nora just goes,.. she breathes,.. she lives,.. even at the expense of 'social-clout'.

I agree that Ren is a #u@%!n& HUGE factor with her happiness AND stability; ( I hope Merry animate a chapter when Nora loses her $#!t because Ren has lost 'plot-armor') BUT you can see in her screen-time that she is ALWAYS in-the-moment.

So jokes & cannon aside; Nora is ALWAYS to be trusted, NEVER underestimated, and FOREVER aspired to.

She's a pink pillar of sanity in a world of oppression.

• MisCon

MisCon

#33483774 - 2 years ago

In reply to PhantomAC

You just said "sanity" in description of Nora.... It's ok, we'll forgive you. Try maybe "joy"? or "laughter", or "bright, pink sunshine", but not sanity.  nora

Seems Ren has a self-check on almost everything he does. Evidently, it's his semblance. And isn't "Lie" kinda a last name? Nora has been with him since childhood and calls him Ren and never Lie. It's like a reverse last name, where it comes first, right? Chinese/Japanese do that, right? I'm remembering Mulan, "Fa Mulan" (I think that's how you spell it).

• RexFrost

#33550453 - 2 years ago

Question: what's more awesome & adorable than Chibi Nora?

Answer: Chibi Nora with cute kitty ears!

tumblr_ongd3mdvkN1u8f9n3o1_1280.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/moj...

All hail Kitty Nora!

smiley_cat smile_cat heart_eyes_cat nora

• PhantomAC

#33552698 - 2 years ago

Putting the POW in MEOW! (not sure how that works,.. but if anyone can,.. Nora can!) heart_eyes

• MisCon

MisCon

#33554281 - 2 years ago

In reply to PhantomAC

Oh yes, she can!

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life

#33554453 - 2 years ago

In reply to MisCon

In reply to PhantomAC

Oh yes, she can!

It wouldn't surprise me.  

• RexFrost

#33557034 - 2 years ago

In reply to Bumblebee4life

With Nora, anything's possible.

nora

• kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19

#33557334 - 2 years ago

For those who watch Milo Murphy's Law does the character in that show Melissa look very similar to Nora for you guys? Seriously they look so similar that I have to wonder if the show's designer is a fan of RWBY or not.

• RexFrost

#33561569 - 2 years ago

Nora Valkyrie, Japanese style!

tumblr_oi2vyml23m1v51a66o1_1280.png

https://sumiwow.tumblr.com/pos...

• PhantomAC

#33562639 - 2 years ago

RIGHT!!? RIGHT!!? OH HELL YESSS!!!

NORA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Soooooo Perfect!!!!!!!!!!!)

Does RT know about this artist?!?!?! (I sure hope so!!!!!)

• RexFrost

#33563020 - 2 years ago

In reply to PhantomAC

If RT doesn't know about the artist, then shame on them. Great artwork like this should not go unnoticed.

• PhantomAC

#33564417 - 2 years ago

In reply to RexFrost PREACH IT!!!  raised_hands

• RexFrost

#33574059 - 2 years ago

C-MtRu0UQAAA_5f.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/moj...

nora

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine

#33574073 - 2 years ago

Okay confession time: When Nora was first introduced, i did NOT expect to like her at all. Hyperactive characters tend to be hit and miss with me. Example: I wanted to throw Mako from Kill La Kill into a wood chipper after 2 episodes -_-

But im thankful that i actually let it play out and I gotta say i can't imagine RWBY without her now.

nora_smash__rwby__by_crazy_luna-da50td9.

• PhantomAC

#33574384 - 2 years ago

HunterBlaine, I know what you mean but with Weiss instead. Nora was dear to me from the get go. The one that surprised me was Weiss. And I'm the same as you,.. I cannot see RWBY without any of them. (even the fallen)