Forums > RWBY

RWBY Fan Discussions - Meet Other RWBY Fans

Posts (3370)

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33731187 - 7 months ago

In reply to EliseProudmoore

Don't worry about rules too much with writing.  Main thing is if your audience can follow the narrative/storytelling, and if it's captivating.  The rest comes with what kind of story you want to tell, which is entirely dependent upon you.

• bobbotfitz

bobbotfitz FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33731196 - 7 months ago

Sense I have not done an introduction yet, I will do it now. 

I have been a fan of RWBY sense it started five years ago. I discovered Rooster Teeth my freshmen year of high school. I started with Red vs Blue and then found Achievement Hunter later. I have been a fan ever sense.

More about me, I am a film maker in New Mexico. I have been working in film for two almost three years now. It is very fun to work in film, being on set and meeting people in the industry, but sadly I have not had work sense november. So I am now looking at a career in digital media and video game design. I have not made anything yet, but I will be next month when I start a digital media program. I hope to make some interesting things, including some RWBY animations for my original characters I came up with. I hope to have at least one of them out before the end of the year.

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33731197 - 7 months ago

In reply to bobbotfitz

Awesome!  pleased to meetcha!

Have you thought about doing something like HISHE?  Only a different concept.

• bobbotfitz

bobbotfitz FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33731203 - 7 months ago

In reply to Jianju

I have not thought of the overall concept yet. The main thing I am going to do first is my original characters, then work on another fan made animation for a different show second, but I have not thought of what I am going to do after I finish them yet.

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33731212 - 7 months ago

In reply to bobbotfitz

Both JROY and Azura work in animation too, definitely try and hit them up for networking :)

• bobbotfitz

#33731223 - 7 months ago

I will have to wait until october to do that but it is good to know who works in animation.

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33731593 - 6 months ago

Recently, I've been thinking more and more about how stories these days are written, choreographed and executed, and I think I have some good ideas.

Basically, play some Dungeons & Dragons in the storywriting process.

Yes, I know it sounds weird, but sometimes, being involved in making a decision, then thinking about the consequences of actions, really helps to tie everything together. D&D provides a way to do that, one that is incredibly interactive and allows you to flesh out things you might not even think of. For example, my friends and I played a quick little bit of D&D, and the resulting story was just diabolically hilarious. I'm having a friend animate a scene for me, and I already did the voice acting, but the end result is something you wouldn't expect to happen.

And that's the thing- unexpected things happen, and they can be the best of the best in a story, so long as it all flows together.

Additionally, choreography is a critical area to pay attention to. It goes beyond just looking at individual moves and overall timing, it has to do with the nature of each interaction, as well as the tone and "genre" of each  style of choreography used. Compare Ozymandias, Night Owl, and Rorschach from Watchmen (the live action version).

- Ozzy is fast, direct and skilled. His choreography involves speed, strategy and intuition. The 'shock of skill', if you will.

-Night Owl is (by realistic standards) lack-luster in terms of mastery, but exuberant and grand, with the classic comic book smack-down choreography.

-Rorschach is simple, brutal and creative, with little consistency of pacing, and a ferocious and chaotic M.O. to boot.

The problem that this results in is... what happens when you throw different choreography styles at each other? The problem becomes that very pace-reliant choreography does not mix well with more chaotic choreography, and you have to take more than a few liberties for a classic beatdown character to beat a skill-based character.

Sure, there's a lot more to it than that (more styles, more ways to write a story), but what do you guys think?

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33732239 - 6 months ago

Ah Texas, Hello my home away from home!

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33733503 - 6 months ago

So, been a little bit since ive posted in here. You know its bad when you've got 600 notifications form all your threads. 

Anyway just wanted to share this cool amv i found. Not only do I love the editing and its about my favorite RWBY girl, but the song kinda fits how ive been feeling lately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33733508 - 6 months ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

Awesome!  Thanks Blaine!  That song is sooo perfect for my situation right now too!  And that AMV is nicely done.

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33733510 - 6 months ago

In reply to Jianju

I hope it gets better for you then. I wouldn't wish how i've been feeling on my worse enemy and I mean that sincerely.

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33733511 - 6 months ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

awwww..... *hugs

DcMu6D6.png

• HunterBlaine

#33733512 - 6 months ago

Heh...Yang in there. Classic. 

Joke aside, thanks very much. Always appreciate the friends ive got here.

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33733513 - 6 months ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

Please PM me if you'd like a listening ear and you're up to talking about it.  

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33733516 - 6 months ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

Listening to that song for the 5th time.  It's pretty crazy, almost word for word what I've been thinking all day.  Anyway, don't worry, I'm one strong mf.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33733566 - 6 months ago

So RTX is over...now im sad

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33733694 - 6 months ago

In reply to JROY

Ruby_Crying_1.gif

Ruby knows

• Azura_Ablaze

Azura_Ablaze FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Destroyer of Tacos

#33734747 - 6 months ago

ARghhsfsdgh

• tripletaco

tripletaco FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Drop Bears are real

#33734752 - 6 months ago

translation “Tacos are awesome”

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33734782 - 6 months ago

In reply to tripletaco

In reply to Azura_Ablaze

Join Space Force!!!

26c7m3.jpg

trump-make-the-galaxy-great-again-space-

36136565_372034143318944_432250290686027

You've been memefied.   (」゜ロ゜)」

• Azura_Ablaze

Azura_Ablaze FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Destroyer of Tacos

#33735304 - 6 months ago

B
    L
    A
    R
    G

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33735340 - 6 months ago

In reply to Azura_Ablaze

tacos?

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33735365 - 6 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

that was interesting

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33735368 - 6 months ago

In reply to Jianju

Yeah, seemed like a better idea in my head.