Forums > RWBY

RWBY Fan Discussions - Meet Other RWBY Fans

Posts (3385)

• AngelFlower23

AngelFlower23

#33730132 - 2 months ago

Oh I thought I had done my Intro but sure back in 2016 I first watched RWBY on Netflix the first two volumes then I re found it on Crunchyroll which is where I started watching Volumes 3-4. My favorite characters have varied through out the Volumes but the one that I have liked from the moment she walked in through her portal is Raven Brawem however Weiss has become my favorite within the RWBY team and I also love Nora and Ren. The thing I did for the community was build a Bumbleby Discord server where people can discuss RWBY Bumbleby and other Anime and Games safely and respectfully I don't tolerate any b.s. in my server. If anyone is interested in getting an invite to the server please massage me. I also intend to do a blog for RWBY from Volume 1 on once I get Wi-Fi in the house, I also write RWBY fanfiction under my same user name AngelFlower23 on FF.net, AO3 and Wattpad though AO3 has the most story posted in.

I hope this helps (^_^)

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33730148 - 2 months ago

In reply to AngelFlower23

Oops, sorry, my mistake.  But I guess I needed a refresher.  I'll be sure to check out your fanfic  ruby

• AngelFlower23

AngelFlower23

#33730153 - 2 months ago

In reply to Jianju

Thanks I hope you like my stories some have smut in them others don't so just read what you would be comfterble with.

• EliseProudmoore

EliseProudmoore

#33730157 - 2 months ago

In reply to AngelFlower23

Thats cool! Im trying to write a fanfic myself but welp....aniexty over anyone even liking it is a bitch.

• AngelFlower23

AngelFlower23

#33730160 - 2 months ago

In reply to EliseProudmoore

You should still write it and post it you just never know some might like it others might not but even so it's still worth the shot.

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33730174 - 2 months ago

Are you writing for yourself or others?  If you're writing for yourself it's easy, if you like it, it's good.  If you're writing for others you have to figure out who your audience is.  You can target a specific audience, or a general one.  Then see what they think of it.

• EliseProudmoore

EliseProudmoore

#33730176 - 2 months ago

In reply to Jianju

Well..i AM writing for myself, it’ll just suck if I get like flamed big time because people don’t like it

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33730228 - 2 months ago

That's cool!  I think when you write primarily for yourself, it helps you feel less hindered by worrying about what other people think.  

I've wrote and created some stuff for audiences (like my video about Pyrrha on youTube), but it's true that you can't please everybody (the video got taken down twice by haters flagging it under false pretenses).  The hardest writing is when your target group isn't going to like the message/material you want to tell/show them.  Normally you write for people who would probably be interested in or like it.

For good encouragement, think about any of your favorite movies, shows, or musicians.  They all have their haters.  But if they bowed out because of some flamers, imagine what good stories or music you'd be missing!

• bobbotfitz

bobbotfitz FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33731068 - 2 months ago

Okay I am new to this forum and curios about it. Can someone explain it for me.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33731091 - 2 months ago

In reply to bobbotfitz I've seen you before though. What don't you understand?

• bobbotfitz

bobbotfitz FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33731132 - 2 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

I am new to this forum. Looking through I have seen many different topics related to RWBY and was just wondering if there was anything specific about this forum that everyone talks about or if it is just anything we want to talk about that is related to RWBY. 

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33731172 - 2 months ago

In reply to bobbotfitz

It's a forum for RWBY fans to talk to each other, but to talk about anything, doesn't have to just be RWBY.  

I started it because I figured that people with like interests probably would have fun talking about a lot of things.  Good way to meet.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33731177 - 2 months ago

In reply to Jianju

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

Starting to get popular which is nice, some of the other forums are unfortunately getting too toxic.

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33731181 - 2 months ago

In reply to JROY

perhaps they'll mutate and evolve into Ninja Turtles? lel

TMNT2.png

• EliseProudmoore

EliseProudmoore

#33731183 - 2 months ago

In reply to Jianju

I was wondering something. Do you think doing some prologue chapters could be good? I remember when the legion expansion was coming out for Warcraft they did little animations showing the status so to speak of important characters

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33731187 - 2 months ago

Don't worry about rules too much with writing.  Main thing is if your audience can follow the narrative/storytelling, and if it's captivating.  The rest comes with what kind of story you want to tell, which is entirely dependent upon you.

• bobbotfitz

#33731196 - 2 months ago

Sense I have not done an introduction yet, I will do it now. 

I have been a fan of RWBY sense it started five years ago. I discovered Rooster Teeth my freshmen year of high school. I started with Red vs Blue and then found Achievement Hunter later. I have been a fan ever sense.

More about me, I am a film maker in New Mexico. I have been working in film for two almost three years now. It is very fun to work in film, being on set and meeting people in the industry, but sadly I have not had work sense november. So I am now looking at a career in digital media and video game design. I have not made anything yet, but I will be next month when I start a digital media program. I hope to make some interesting things, including some RWBY animations for my original characters I came up with. I hope to have at least one of them out before the end of the year.

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33731197 - 2 months ago

In reply to bobbotfitz

Awesome!  pleased to meetcha!

Have you thought about doing something like HISHE?  Only a different concept.

• bobbotfitz

#33731203 - 2 months ago

In reply to Jianju

I have not thought of the overall concept yet. The main thing I am going to do first is my original characters, then work on another fan made animation for a different show second, but I have not thought of what I am going to do after I finish them yet.

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33731212 - 2 months ago

In reply to bobbotfitz

Both JROY and Azura work in animation too, definitely try and hit them up for networking :)

• bobbotfitz

#33731223 - 2 months ago

I will have to wait until october to do that but it is good to know who works in animation.

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33731593 - 1 month ago

Recently, I've been thinking more and more about how stories these days are written, choreographed and executed, and I think I have some good ideas.

Basically, play some Dungeons & Dragons in the storywriting process.

Yes, I know it sounds weird, but sometimes, being involved in making a decision, then thinking about the consequences of actions, really helps to tie everything together. D&D provides a way to do that, one that is incredibly interactive and allows you to flesh out things you might not even think of. For example, my friends and I played a quick little bit of D&D, and the resulting story was just diabolically hilarious. I'm having a friend animate a scene for me, and I already did the voice acting, but the end result is something you wouldn't expect to happen.

And that's the thing- unexpected things happen, and they can be the best of the best in a story, so long as it all flows together.

Additionally, choreography is a critical area to pay attention to. It goes beyond just looking at individual moves and overall timing, it has to do with the nature of each interaction, as well as the tone and "genre" of each  style of choreography used. Compare Ozymandias, Night Owl, and Rorschach from Watchmen (the live action version).

- Ozzy is fast, direct and skilled. His choreography involves speed, strategy and intuition. The 'shock of skill', if you will.

-Night Owl is (by realistic standards) lack-luster in terms of mastery, but exuberant and grand, with the classic comic book smack-down choreography.

-Rorschach is simple, brutal and creative, with little consistency of pacing, and a ferocious and chaotic M.O. to boot.

The problem that this results in is... what happens when you throw different choreography styles at each other? The problem becomes that very pace-reliant choreography does not mix well with more chaotic choreography, and you have to take more than a few liberties for a classic beatdown character to beat a skill-based character.

Sure, there's a lot more to it than that (more styles, more ways to write a story), but what do you guys think?

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33732239 - 1 month ago

Ah Texas, Hello my home away from home!

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33733503 - 1 month ago

So, been a little bit since ive posted in here. You know its bad when you've got 600 notifications form all your threads. 

Anyway just wanted to share this cool amv i found. Not only do I love the editing and its about my favorite RWBY girl, but the song kinda fits how ive been feeling lately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...

• Jianju

Jianju 愛の戦士

#33733508 - 1 month ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

Awesome!  Thanks Blaine!  That song is sooo perfect for my situation right now too!  And that AMV is nicely done.