Forums > RWBY

Faunus species and inspiration

Posts (193)

• fallen_leader123

fallen_leader123

#33726277 - 6 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

That's yet another question I've been asking myself; since he's supposed to be a "tough guy" I thought of making a Semblance regarding absorbing and redirecting damage, but that'd be like a copy of Yang. Then I thought about the fact that he's a "hunter" of sorts, so I've been trying to find a Semblance that would fit that description (and also kinda fits with his faunus type).

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33726282 - 6 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie I guess if Faunus can have wings sprouting from their backs then a pair of arms with pincers or other bug limbs are not out of the question.  I just don't feel like using them on my own characters.

In reply to fallen_leader123 If your looking for other weapons ideas you may want to look into chain weapons here are some example https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/... anther option is a rope dart or other flexible weapons some are listed with the rope dart.   

As for names I would need some more information like what colors do you want, is there something your using as an inspiration. with out any thing to go on beside lizard arms how about Bruno Rex  Bruno its a german name meaning brown, Rex is latin for king  it could be a references to Tyrannosaurus rex or really any other king.

for semblances you could focus hits you take into something other then strength like a burst of speed or pump it back into your aura for a temp healing boost. 

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33738163 - 2 months ago

What do you think of a Faunas with the abdomen and acid-making appratus of a bombardier beetle?

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33738172 - 2 months ago

In reply to A-Tank How would that work (as in, function) anatomically? What would he even look like? 

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33738223 - 2 months ago

Oh, just a few extra organs in the stomach and a long, tapered abdomenal area, which is prehensile.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33738233 - 2 months ago

In reply to A-Tank See, that's what I was afraid of...when do you stop calling this '1 faunus trait' and instaed 'multiple faunus organs'? 'Cause this seems a little complex.

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33738539 - 2 months ago

Sorry for late response, I wanted to make sure I knew what I was talking about. The beetle has hydroquinine and hydrogen peroxide stored within the abdomen, and so I think it counts as 1 trait.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33738631 - 2 months ago

In reply to A-Tank Yes, but you're talking about adding multiple extra organs AND abdominal area. That's more than 1.

• YoiteShimizu

YoiteShimizu

#33738721 - 2 months ago

Well if you think about it, blakes ears are the same thing. An adjusted part of the body with a secondary organ, in this case the ear drum. That being said, I'm not an expert on the bombadeer beetle, but that does sound like a lot for a faunus trait. Doesn't mean it couldn't work though

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33738722 - 2 months ago

In reply to YoiteShimizu Well, I don't mean it like that. Having ear drums just comes with having a working ear. He argued for adding extra organs in the stomach, AND an abdominal area. That to me crosses the line of what is accepted to be a part of 1 single trait, and instead is 2 separate things at least. I get that he wants it to be able to make the acid, but maybe there's some other way of making that work without having to add more faunus parts than is reasonable.

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33741628 - 1 month ago

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, life is being an arse.

So anyway, I feel that within her stomach she'd secrete those acids from the glands present in the mucous wall, and the abdominal area being the trait. All it takes is a simple change to the chemical composition of the acid secreted, nothing requring extra organs.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33741643 - 1 month ago

In reply to A-Tank Now I'm confused. What animal parts does she have then?

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33741698 - 1 month ago

Just the abdomen.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33741703 - 1 month ago

In reply to A-Tank But how many pieces does it consist of?

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33741728 - 1 month ago

Just the one.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33741732 - 1 month ago

In reply to A-Tank Which is? Stomach lining?

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33743515 - 1 month ago

okay so I'm knew to the whole making a faunus thing but can their skin have different color variation but have a specific animal right?

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33743518 - 1 month ago

I figured out a way to create Dragon Faunas. The only way you can tell if someone is a Dragon Faunas is if they turn into their full dragon form

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33743531 - 1 month ago

In reply to Dinobot01 What?? Faunus don't have "full animal forms"? Also, we don't know if mythical animal faunus are even a thing.

In reply to Horus1122 I'd say so, then you would just say that their animal trait is their skin. It does mean that you can't have another faunus trait besides that though, as you get only one.

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33743591 - 1 month ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie Really cause sienna khan had both the strips and ears

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33743597 - 1 month ago

In reply to Horus1122 The stripes were probably bodypaint.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33743625 - 1 month ago

I know that. It's just an idea. Plus, that is what will make them so different from other Faunas

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33743673 - 1 month ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie I'm not a hundred percent sure that's right. But since I don't have evidence to support my claim I'll just put a pin on that for now

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33743687 - 1 month ago

In reply to Dinobot01 That's ridiculous, I'm sorry to say. Your OC doesn't need to be 'more special than other faunus', it just needs to be well written. Breaking the established rules of the RWBY universe doesn't make them special nor well written. 

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33743770 - 1 month ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie okay so this is a theory about why Sienna may have those strips and ears. It could be natural skin pigmentation that resembles animal traits, or there birth marks that just resemble stripes. These are kinda big what if's but the more I thought about it the more it click with me. Skin pigmentation isn't only accessible to humans, animals get it to. So maybe faunus can get skin pigmentation that resemble animal traits while not actually having said trait. Or maybe I'm wrong and it is body paint or birthmarks, but still its a cool theory don't you think