Forums > RWBY

Faunus species and inspiration

Posts (193)

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33743787 - 1 week ago

In reply to Horus1122 Well, I don't think it would be very feasible. The WoR quite clearly states one trait and one trait only, I'm not sure why they would forsake that for the sake of skin pigmentation. In fact, I actually have a faunus OC whose entire trait is tiger skin pigmentation.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33743869 - 1 week ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

According to another rule, Faunus (A) + Faunus (B) gives Faunus (random).

If it is DNA all faunus have all traits in their DNA. And DNA synthesis sometimes malfunctions. There are humans which do not have the usual one head, one body, two arms and two legs. Why should this not apply to faunus traits?

Or they draw from somewhere esoteric, but then why should this be reliable.

Yeah that's bodypaint. And just by chance all Faunus being depicted as family have parents who are from sufficient similar Faunus species to get similar traits.

mama big cat + papa some other big cat => daughter cat

some fox combination => slimey Faunus priest with fox ears / slimey Faunus priest with fox tail.

If this was a pen & paper RPG maybe a Faunus will get one trait on a roll of 1-99 and a second trait on 100. OK people will cheat and authors are just people and they get to determine the roll without having to roll a die.

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33743879 - 1 week ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie hey its just a theory. I still don't thinks it body paint though but ehh like I said no evidence

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33743894 - 1 week ago

In reply to Horus1122 Here's the evidence: she already has a trait, and that's ears. Therefore it's paint or tats.

In reply to BakedBrain What are you saying? I'm having trouble finding your point.sweat_smile

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33743897 - 1 week ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

(1) There are exceptions from rules. So you can have monozygotic twins, although that is rare and is not in the normal rules.

(2) The authors find clever ways to wiggle around canon rules which they do not like.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33743919 - 1 week ago

In reply to BakedBrain Yes, but this is established lore of the RWBY universe. There is literally no good reason to break this rule. At that point, what's stopping them from making full on neko girls with cat whiskers, ears and tails? The rule is clearly supposed to prevent that garbage. There is no reason to dislike this rule, or find ways to 'wiggle around' it. It makes no sense to do that. If you feel creatively restricted because you can only choose 1 animal trait, that's your problem. If you want to create a character for the RWBY world, conform to the RWBY rules. What's the point of making a RWBY character if you're gonna bend all the rules as to what a person in the world of Remnant CAN be like? Why change that? You might as well create a character for a different series at that point. I'm sorry, but I have to disagree. I like it when people are a little daring with their character, but blatantly overwriting what has been established to be within the realm of possibility is a step too far for me.

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33743921 - 1 week ago

In reply to BakedBrain nah dude she's right I just looked her up on the wiki those stripes are tats not body paint or skin pigmentation. Well shit their goes a boot on that theory

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33744151 - 1 week ago

I am thinking of making a great white shark faunus and giving them white shark skin.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33744178 - 1 week ago

In reply to PaperGodzilla That's really interesting! I say go for it.

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33744775 - 5 days ago

is it possible for a faunus to have two sets of the same trait

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33744780 - 5 days ago

In reply to Horus1122 Like what?

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33744892 - 4 days ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie like say a fish type faunus having two sets of fins. Its one trait but multiples of it.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33744938 - 4 days ago

In reply to Horus1122 Why would that character need two sets of fins? 

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33745004 - 3 days ago

How about wolf ears and bat wings?

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33745031 - 3 days ago

In reply to Dinobot01 On the same person? No.

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33745052 - 3 days ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie cause some types of fish have four fins. And it'd look pretty cool

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33745081 - 2 days ago

In reply to Horus1122 If it's the same kind of fin, yes. If it's, like, 2 backfins and 2 tailfins, no. Since they'd be different traits.

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33745306 - 14 hours ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie yeah exactly. Thanks for answering the question now that I know its possible that really helps me thank you