Forums > RWBY

What Pokemon Would RWBY Characters Have?

Posts (52)

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33353664 - 2 years ago

My nerdiness is going full blown with this post! I hope you have fun to.

Team RWBY:

Ruby-Roselia

Weiss-Froslass

Blake-Glameow

Yang-Pyroar

Team RNJR:

Ruby-Bellossum

Nora-Raichu

Jaune-Raticate

Ren-Gabite

What do you think of my picks? What characters will you pick and match?

• MisCon

MisCon

#33354275 - 2 years ago

I only know the Gen 1 Pokemon  stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye, but in honesty, Pikachu would probably fit Jaune... Just like his Pumpkin Pete hoodie! Cute and pathetic looking, but actually capable in a fight. Although Jaune's Pikachu shouldn't be the super-powered beast that is Ash's Pikachu, but more like an ACTUAL pikachu: Scrappy, useful, but too adorable to be taken seriously and too weak to take a heavy blow...

Of course, Jaune would be the one to fall for buying a Magicarp...

Raichu does fit Nora though; even down to the lightning bolt tail.

Ren could have Raticate or Pigeotto, both fast and hard hitting.

Pyrrha and Charizard don't have much in common, but I feel their fighting styles would compliment each other. Char being fiercely protective of her, and her incredible skill coupled with some power hits or air strikes from him whenever she leaves an opening... I just see it looking amazing!

Yang?... Well, just bear with me... Gyrados! OP AF huh? So is YANG! Her name means Yellow Dragon or something, and Gyrados IS a dragon! His colossal rage would fit nicely along hers, and if they learn to fight together, they'd be near-unstoppable.

Gen 1 didn't have the best representation of the more "exotic" pokemon types, so I can't think of anything that'd fit Weiss or Ruby, or even Blake... Maybe give Blake Meowth's evolved form, Persian, wasn't it?

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33359993 - 2 years ago

In reply to MisCon

Persian would fit Blake, especially the new Alolan Persian that is a reclassed as a dark type for the new games.

I did not know that about Yang, but AWESOME!!!!

Pyrrha practice fighting with Charizard....epicness. As long as one of them does not get kil...I'm not finishing this sentence (I'm not brave enough...the RWBY fandom might use flamethrower on me.)

Ren flying on Pigeotto would look so cool!

Jaune would buy Magicarp for $1,000 Pokemon dollars. A Gen 6 Pokemon name Bunnelby (a bunny) would fit Jaune's Pumpkin Pete shirt to. You reminded that there are two pumpkin Pokemon from Gen 6 that could fit too (they even come in different sizes). I wonder if Jaune would command Pikachu to use an electric attack on a ground type...

• MisCon

MisCon

#33360026 - 2 years ago

In reply to ProfileForRWBY

Oh, he totally would! Then he would switch to a water type after Pyrrha lovingly reminds him of his mistake, and he would pull out Magicarp...

Cinder would have Magmar, unless there's an even MORE badass fire type from a later gen. Y'know, wait... Maybe Ninetails? That one is almost too good for Cinder, but it'd fit. Give Magmar to Torchwick. Or maybe Growlithe!

In Jaune's defense, however, buying the Magikarp in Gen 1 was a REALLY smart move. You can get a Gyrados by training him up even BEFORE you can get a free Magikarp by fishing later on! 

always buy Magikarp! Last time I promptly named him Leviathan, and I'm sure my foes laughed when Leviathan the Magikarp was sent out... After level 20 hits, they don't laugh much anymore...

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33360030 - 2 years ago

In reply to MisCon

Aw, Pyrrha helping with Pokemon would be adorable.  pyrrha

Ninetails, definitely.

*Jaune is sad in Volume 4*

*Ruby mentions to name Magicarp Pyrrha*

*Magicarp pyyrha is born*

*Pyyrha evolved and used hyper beam on Cinder*

*Hyper Beam is super effectice!*

• MisCon

MisCon

#33360038 - 2 years ago

THAT would rock! Too bad Gyrados doesn't come in Red... Wait isn't there some kind of red one? Donno enough. I studied Gen 1 in and out, then lost a bit of interest in Pokemon, came back, and it's gone INSANE. Not relearning them ALL again! Nope... Well, not unless I find a good reason...

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33361080 - 2 years ago

In reply to MisCon

Yeah, there is a red one. If a shiny gold Magicarp evolves, it becomes a red Gyrados. That would fit Pyrrha really well. Nice idea!

• MisCon

MisCon

#33361733 - 2 years ago

Cool! What Generation do I have to play to get one of those?

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33361948 - 2 years ago

In reply to MisCon

Heartgold or Soulsilver. The Johto region (I think that is Gen 2.) And actually, there is a point in the games story where you see a red gyrados on a lake.

Of course, there is a chance to catch a shiny in any generation (DS game-I'm not sure about older games) by fishing in the same spot over and over until you catch one. I just recommend either Heartgold or Soulsilver because I think you can just catch the red Gyrados in those games instead of having to raise Magicarp. Its near impossible sometimes to catch a shiny Pokemon.

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33362053 - 2 years ago

In reply to sonofcinder

Agreed. Have any suggestions?

• MisCon

MisCon

#33362106 - 2 years ago

Ever see the webseries Pokemon Rusty? It's about a STUPID kid who idolizes the Pokemon protagonist Red, and tries to become a Pokemon trainer, and fails horribly... In one episode he spots a shiny "Badooth" or whatever that beaver-looking thing is, and gets super excited, throws a pokeball, misses, and it bounces back and traps him instead...

Then he tells his only other Pokemon, a Kakuna named "Pikachu", to go get help...

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33362108 - 2 years ago

In reply to MisCon

No, but that sounds hilarious.  laughing

• MisCon

MisCon

#33362121 - 2 years ago

Here you go... The thread may be derailed now...

Pokemon Rusty

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33362134 - 2 years ago

Jaune would have an evee or a honedge to be honest.

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33362199 - 2 years ago

In reply to revanninja

I love Eevee.  heartpulse

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33362205 - 2 years ago

It would be the most Sassy Evee EVER recall chibi were Jaune was trying out the weapons and his response "Don't be jealous"? That is how his Evee would act all the time. 

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33362219 - 2 years ago

In reply to revanninja

Jaune's almost got himself a full team of Pokemon.

• MisCon

MisCon

#33362642 - 2 years ago

Well, he's about as pathetic as Ash was when he started out...

• animalia

animalia

#33362808 - 2 years ago

Ruby's team would have

Electrode

Tailow

Ninjask

Deoxys

Roserade

Lycanroc

Let me know if you need this explained.

• Azarow

Azarow

#33364736 - 2 years ago

RWBY:

Ruby: (M-)Scizor, both experts at cutting stuff, they are all about red

Weiss: (M-)Gardevoir, two classy ladies with impressive mental skills.

Blake: Zoroark, they excel at deceiving and then again, matching colors :p

Yang: Infernape/Charizard(Y) because she burns. And those two are incredibly bad-ass :)

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33364875 - 2 years ago

In reply to animalia

Hi, animalia! I understand Roserade, but could you explain the others?

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33364876 - 2 years ago

In reply to Azarow

Nice. Nice. Nice. Nice! I think Gardevior can learn Ice Beam on top of that, right?

• animalia

animalia

#33366601 - 2 years ago

Lycanroc is a Pokemon that just debuted in Pokemon Sun & Moon it is the first ever Wolf pokemon and therefor fits with her Little Red Riding Hood Motif

Deoxys, Ninjask, and Electrode are all high speed pokemon, and work with her semblance.

I was struggling for a sixth pokemon until some searching found out that an anime Character had a Taillow named Rose although  although now that Azarow has reminded me of Scyther I think I would like to replace Taillow with this. Does this work?

• SirSailorStar

SirSailorStar

#33368633 - 2 years ago

In reply to animalia

Yes, that is fine. Azarow said Scizor and you said Scyther. Although I think taillow would be better because her Uncle Qrow has a bird (crow) motif in the show. There is a crow Pokemon actually named Murkrow. Anyway, I like the team you came up with! Thanks for explaining your choices! I can't believe I forgot about Ruby's wolf motif as Little Red Riding Hood. Lycanroc is an excellent choice (the rest are good choices for speed as well).  star

• animalia

animalia

#33377487 - 2 years ago

Now my team for Weiss Schnee. While having all Ice types for Weiss may be obvious (Ice Queen and all that), I have specifically chosen to make her team all Ice HYBRIDS. The reason is that while Ice may be Weiss's dust of choice she as shown proficiency with the other elements as well, as such I thought This should be reflected in her team by having them all be hybrids.

Her team would include

Alolan Sandslash - I wanted to include a steel hybrid as a nod to Weiss fencing ability and as the only fully evolved Ice/Steel hybrid this fell to this pokemon

Alolan Ninetales - This was a hard pick. Mainly it came down to its majestic feel matching Weiss.

Lapras - Lapras is also known for its singing

Articuno - Again mainly for it sense of majesty

Froslass - Ditto

Aurorus - half majesty, half the fact that it is also a rock type, and we know Weiss at least carries rock dust or she wouldn't have been able to give it to Blake in Volume 2 Episode 11

Please let me know  what you think ProfileForRWBY