Forums > RWBY

Remembering Monty

Posts (2)

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33482459 - 2 years ago

So as many of you know it was two years ago today Monty Oum, the creator of RWBY, passed away. I wanted to start this thread to share the memories and moments that many of us had related to him. Monty said keep moving forward but from time to time its nice to step back and relive the good times. 

SO! If any of you have memories of when you met him or when you first encountered his work or he affected you moving forward please share them.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33482466 - 2 years ago

I guess since this is my post I'll start. My first encounter with his work was with Haloid. I remember after watching thinking 1. That was awesome, and 2. its sucks this guy is probably not gonna go anywhere...boy was I wrong. 

The next time I saw his work was in Red vs Blue, I remember the excitement of CG being introduced via warthog crashing through a wall. By the time of the fight of Tex vs the Reds and blues I was a major fan.

Of course RWBY came and need I say how I reacted. We were all excited and when it came out we were all hooked.

When Monty died like the rest of you it sucked I became a bit depressed. In an odd twist for me I discovered Dead Fantasy which I didn't know was from him and watched it as my own personal send off to the guy. 

Now two years later with great influence from Monty Oum I'm currently in college learning 3d animation doing something that for many years I felt I could never do.

So in my Final words, Thank you Monty, thank you for so many awesome pieces of work and being 

an inspiration not only to me but many of us in our own persuits. 

Keep Moving Forward.

group7c33e57e3dbd8a52940fa1a963aa4a4a49d