Forums > RWBY

RWBY Volume 5: In-Depth Discussion/Speculation/Spoilers (All Things Must Die {FINALE})

Posts (14447)

• acw28

acw28

#33718186 - 4 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

In reply to WrightKnight

So Joust has a bigger cultural impact than RWBY does? Those ostriches were featured pretty prominent.

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life

#33718197 - 4 months ago

I mean it takes place in the year 2045 it's probable that RWBY's status as a pop culture icon grew in that time. 

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33718258 - 4 months ago

In reply to acw28

As one of the original Atari games, as well as being the key to the first challenge in the novel, yes.

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33718259 - 4 months ago

In reply to FettucCR

Yeah the more I heard about it the more it seemed like it wasn't worth watching. I've basically been going from "maybe I should watch it when it hits the cinema?" to "maybe just buy the DvD, when its hits the discount bin" to "not worth the effort".

Like if the movie had actually been good then it might have been worth watching even if the RWBY cameo is barely present but by all accounts the movie is mediocre at best which makes the 0.05 second background cameo that doesn't even have enough color to be visible just plain not worth it.

• KamenRiderOz-Gear

KamenRiderOz-Gear

#33718386 - 4 months ago

Do you think everyone will get upgrades in Atlas?

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33718406 - 4 months ago

How about new outfits again? I'm sorry Weiss but GREY IS NOT A GOOD COLOR ON YOU.

Funny how the FNDM and official artwork seem to agree. They keep giving her new outfits blue hues.

• acw28

acw28

#33718473 - 4 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Yes I know that the game was part of the first challenge in the book, the point being that it was so incredibly obscure that people had difficulty beating it, I think Art3mis said she's tried over 20 times before Wade even found the challenge.

In reply to AenarTenthSkraeling

I won't look to change your opinion, but it was definitely worth it for me to see. I greatly enjoyed the story, even if I did miss the Ruby cameo.

• FettucCR

FettucCR

#33718522 - 4 months ago

In reply to acw28

So, it seems it's that kind of movie (some love it, some hate it). I probably will wait till it's out on HBO or some other channel. Won't be holding my breath, though.

In reply to tin-foilhat

In reply to KamenRiderOz-Gear

If they go to Atlas, it's likely they'll get upgrades. Maybe not everyone. I don't know why, but I feel Gambol Shroud might get some overhaul. And I totally agree about Weiss' color scheme. Her old dress looked way better.

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33718536 - 4 months ago

Here's hoping Ruby gets a scope that actually does stuff. So far all her fights have been at such close range that there's no point in using a scope anyway, especially when she's demonstrated the ability to fire accurately at similar distances while upside down and spinning through the air. 

Girl has got to get herself a fancy sci-fi scope that can switch between different vision modes, like thermal, Aura detection, night vision, that kind of stuff. 

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33718538 - 4 months ago

I'm thinking that Salem's gonna pull off a mind game on ruby similar to the one that Brron mad king of darkworld did to jaden yuki in season 3 of yugioh gx.

• notvai4

notvai4

#33718598 - 4 months ago

Supreme Queen Ruby? That'd be funny to see.

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33718601 - 4 months ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe

I'm a firm believer in Summer is Salem theory, or possessing her body. Of course it works along the lines of Holly's father and Moo from Monster Ranchers. But with all the other anime references of RWBY it should fit in. 

That anime was everything I wished Pokemon had been as a kid. Dark and overlapping storyline, mature writing, and strong characterization for the monsters. 

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33718612 - 4 months ago

In reply to notvai4 I was thinking more like salem puts her friend's under a spell that makes them react to the strongest emotion they keep locked up and them make them say what that emotion embodies such as irritation and anger at ruby for her actions in the past and present to try and break her spirit.

You do realize that Pokemon is a show aimed at little kids right?

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33718613 - 4 months ago

In reply to notvai4 Funny? or Brutal? since that would be the opposite of the current ruby rose since she would be cold, cruel, ruthless, Merciless and callous.

• notvai4

notvai4

#33718624 - 4 months ago

Yeah, but with Ruby's squeaky voice just put through a filter or something. Seems pretty funny to me, lol.

• JacquesSchnee

JacquesSchnee

#33718676 - 4 months ago

A clarification: I understand that Cinder doesn't regard Emerald in any way as something other than a mean son to an end. I was, however, saying that Emerald, in lack of anything else, sees Cinder as the one who saved her and gave her new life, promising her she'd never go hungry again, and in that respect, that Shen regard she Cinder like a mother In reply to JacquesSchnee

• tin-foilhat

#33718692 - 3 months ago

I watched these shows when I was ten years old on Fox Kids back in the day. How much “younger” are you thinking?

• acw28

acw28

#33718782 - 3 months ago

Didn't Ruby use her scope to finish off the Giest? Also, didn't she use it to take some pot shots at Tyrian during his fight with Qrow?

• AenarTenthSkraeling

#33718832 - 3 months ago

In reply to acw28

Yes she did. Which is my point. Because there was absolutely no need to use a scope in that situation. If anything at such a close range the scope is completely superflous, especially when we've seen that she has no problem making shots from similar distances in far more difficult circumstances and without using a scope. 

I just want the fact that her weapon is part sniper rifle to actually matter. So either give us some crazy long distance shots or give her a high tech scope that lets her do stuff you couldn't do with other weapons, like using a thermal/aura/x-ray scope to see through walls and then snipe the people behind them by shooting through the wall.

• TenThousandFlowers

TenThousandFlowers

#33720219 - 3 months ago

I spent a large amount of time improving my writing quality and have taken multiple courses to further my craft. I really enjoy RWBY, and love the show. However, there are a large amount of glaring problems that I feel need to be addressed in order to make the show as good as possible.

https://roosterteeth.com/post/51727139

• 4654ryan

4654ryan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33726770 - 2 months ago

As far as the Summer is Salem theory it is a interesting one but there are a few problems. it does help explain the Salem super intelligence and the clear deep connection between Salem and Ozpin and possibly Salem and Ruby, however the other explanation for Salem is she is an ancient Grimm who has lived so long she has become sentient and it also contradicts Salem's ancient age  suggested by the fact that she has been around since Ozpins was cursed because she caused it. Based on the time of the ancient war and the approximate age of a cavillation slightly beyond humanity (as evidenced by there use of hard light and use of dust which is essentially a series of kinetic, luminous and thermal energy stores and absorbers) I would guess the humanity has been around for 3.2 million years to 2 million years. if you want to check my math I'm guessing that remnant is progressing at twice the speed so the 80 years they have passed since the great war that contains roughly 160 years of technological advancement. then we compare it to earths timeline in which exactly 100 years have passed since the first world war which is clearly what the great war is based of. this means for every 1 remnant year there is about 1.25 human years and every remnant year of advancement there is approximately 0.4 years of human advancement which means remnant is progressing 2.5 times as fast as humanity in completion. considering it took humans 8 to 5 million years to evolve into what we are today so humanity should have evolved into hunters and kingdoms in 3.2 to 2 million years. To carbon date Ozpin I am going to refer to the Wizard story in which we see that the old wizard, who we now know to be our friendly neighbourhood child infesting Ozpin, there is a log cabin. the log cabin has been around for around 380 years (not as long as you would expect) which considering the accelerated of technological advancement translates to around 152 remnant years. We have little actual information about what or more importantly when Ozpins incident with Salem happened so we can Ozpins age based on our earliest evidence of his existence. Interestingly enough this lines up with one of the two possible timelines for Ozpins existence. I think everyone could gather that Ozpin is in fact the king of Vale from the great war but it is up for debate whether this was the reason for Ozpins curse. The age of the maidens and the fact magic is heavily implied to be used by the king does suggest that that the king of vale is younger than Oz. I'm guessing that the Oz put himself in isolation directly after failing as people often do after traumatic events until the maidens eventually found him in his cabin and drew him out which was roughly 72 years before great war giving him plenty of time to become the king of Vale after being drawn out of the log cabin. This may not give us an accurate age of Salem but it might give us some basis for the age of the maidens. One could argue that Ozpin and thus Salem have to come from the dawn of humans before the Gods left the earth because the Gods have to have been there to curse him.

Take all of this with a grain of salt because first my math is rough and compares humanities timeline with Remnant's, and secondly Ozpins character basis is a deceiver who uses illusions to trick others into giving him power. 

• 4654ryan

4654ryan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33726771 - 2 months ago

If you want to go further, the wizard of Oz only source of magic is through items he collects like his sceptre? or possibly the relics and or the objects the king was wearing when he fought in the great war.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33726789 - 2 months ago

In reply to 4654ryan So you think Ozpin can recharge his magic from the Relics like batteries?

• 4654ryan

#33726790 - 2 months ago

possible. I definitely believe that he isn't telling us everything or is lying about something. I believe he lied about the gods. their story dissent fit in with a lot of things like the Grimm who despite being created for the singular purpose of destruction seem to only attack humans as stated by the WOR or dust which despite being crucial to humanities survival seems not to have come from  the gods and isn't even mentioned in their creation.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33726792 - 2 months ago

In reply to 4654ryan

That is because I think Dust IS the gods and I think its their remains. Hence why its not mentioned. Because it was after them.

As for Grimm Ozpin has said Salem did something which him failing to stop had the gods curse him. So I think its likely the grimm going after humanity alone is because of Salem.

Miles has also flat out stated the Origin story of the gods is not the complete version its the cliff notes.

And Miles DOES flat out say its the origin story of the world when he talks about it so I dont think the gods are a lie but rather there was stuff LATER that changed things.

I am not sure why so many are quick to try to dismiss the gods and not consider the reason why things dont match up is either because something changed at a later time or the story we got told is not complete and there is more to it that either Qrow doesnt know or he kept secret because its something he feels the kids shouldnt know.