Forums > RWBY

RWBY Volume 5 Soundtrack Discussion

Posts (771)

• Tporter

Tporter

#33725986 - 4 months ago

When the soundtrack provides deeper character insight than the actual show.

• Tporter

Tporter

#33725987 - 4 months ago

When the soundtrack provides deeper character insight than the actual show.

• Davidlovescookies

Davidlovescookies

#33726001 - 4 months ago

am I the only one who listens to the score as well?  sweat_smile

• Storm-Cutter

Storm-Cutter FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33726715 - 4 months ago

Love it, like I loved all the soundtracks. - But I think on balance I'd rather have 10 amazing songs with a couple of intrumentals than the remixes, re-arrangements and incidentals - and have it a month or 2 earlier. - But fantastic work to all involved. Much love form myself and my youngest daughter who will probably be playing it daily until vol 6!

• JustJaune

JustJaune FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33726777 - 4 months ago

In reply to Storm-Cutter This volume's soundtrack definitely was a really good addition to the RWBYverse. It'll keep people busy until the first sound of anything volume 6 related drops.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33726972 - 4 months ago

In reply to JustJaune 

Of course i really want an Rt4c style video for Battle at the Belladonna's with the bit from Red Like Roses part 1 correlating as it should to the most screenshot scene in the volume

• JustJaune

JustJaune FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33727003 - 4 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe Or maybe have Smile instead? Seeing has how that would be one of the most applicable songs for that scenario.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33727021 - 4 months ago

In reply to JustJaune

No it isn't, Smile doesn't work for Blake on top of Ilia, 

• JustJaune

#33727086 - 4 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe Phrasing

• MichaelHalpe

#33727334 - 4 months ago

In reply to JustJaune

In reply to MichaelHalpe Phrasing

But its more fun to describe it that way. That said "wrestling" and "tackling" can have similar connotations as can "pinned down" 

• JustJaune

#33727510 - 3 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe No, I think the bridge would work for that section.

• MichaelHalpe

#33727517 - 3 months ago

In reply to JustJaune

True but it wasn't what was playing

• fb_1702503453138339

fb_1702503453138339

#33727531 - 3 months ago

so when is this going to be on spotify already cause I'm sick of waiting since there's no excuse it isn't already available on there.

• JustJaune

#33727533 - 3 months ago

In reply to fb_1702503453138339 YouTube is free, y'know?

• dpla

dpla

#33735680 - 2 months ago

Well, no Spotify release for Vol.5, it seems (as with Vol.2 of Camp Camp).  But on the upside, the physical soundtrack is now available.

https://store.roosterteeth.com/collections/new-arrivals/products/rwby-volume-5-soundtrack

Sooner than I expected.  Wish the shipping cost isn't half this item's price.

• JustJaune

#33736828 - 1 month ago

In reply to dpla Or you could just buy it on Amazon, iTunes, or Google Play for less than their asking price for the physical one

• dpla

dpla

#33738942 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to JustJaune

1) I like to collect soundtracks physically if they're available.
    2) Those digital storefronts only serve lossy audio, and if I want to preserve music digitally, I try to keep it in FLAC or ALAC.

• JustJaune

#33739330 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to dpla I understand the desire for the physical one. I normally try to get a physical copy more to own it than other things, but I've been moving away from that ever since I bought my aux cord.

• dpla

dpla

#33739673 - 2 weeks ago

I too use an aux cord for my casual music play, whenever I'm on the road.

That's your decision, Jaune.  I understand the reasons people can't commit to physical goods, and personally the limited space I have encourages me to look into digital conservation.  But until I commit to the task, I'll just continue to buy stuff out of shelves (real or online).

• JustJaune

#33740461 - 1 week ago

In reply to dpla I don't have the space in my place anymore, so I can't really afford to buy any more physical goods.

• dpla

dpla

#33741586 - 3 days ago

In reply to JustJaune Same reason I rarely buy physical books.  I only have room for one book shelf.