Forums > RWBY

On the Subject of Combat Animation

Posts (28)

• ZetaZ98

ZetaZ98

#33658606 - 1 year ago

I recently debated on YouTube with another fan on the subject of whether RT has ruined RWBY or not since Monty's passing. He argues that decisions are being deliberately made which sabotage the combat choreography of the show and have made it worse. My counter-argument was that while volume 4 had some VERY lacking combat it was part of RT's efforts to experiment with different styles and methods in order to find something that works and can replace Monty's style.

Upon conclusion of the debate it was asked that I post this on RWBY's forum and so I shall honor their wishes and put it up here. Please be aware that I do make a few assumptions about RT's methods and am a novice animator in Blender 3D so some of my interpretations might be dead wrong.

I will explain 3 main issues with combat choreography in CGI and RWBY specifically, both from Montys animation and RTs new methods. These are not the sole subjects on whether RWBY fights will be good or bad but simply two things I've noticed changes to that might be causing people to get upset even if they dont realize what this stuff is as they watch it.

Camera angling in a fight scene: In a 3D program you can create multiple "cameras" that then follow the scene as it plays out. These cameras can be animated to move in the same way the actual characters are, allowing motion shots to be recorded. You can also have the camera being viewed jump back and forth between different cameras if one camera cant sweep over to the action on the other side fast enough.

Monty typically used camera sweeps that pivoted around the cameras to add an additional piece of motion to the action. This also kept the scene from becoming bland due to the characters often being in one spot trading blows with no actual motion or change in their location. The characters were often locked close together with very little motion (Sun vs Roman or the close range phase between Yang and the twins). If the camera motion stagnated the scene would look boring.

RT is now using a more "Hollywood" style of camera angling with jump cuts or swapping to the perspective of another camera instead of using a lot of motion through one consistent flow. They switch between several scenes at once to keep things fresh or will switch from a close up view to a camera further out to prevent stagnation. They also dont lock characters in place and trade blows like Monty did and instead are often flying all over the scene (resulting in the heavily criticized "floatiness" of volume 4) gravity kind of got tossed out the window and ruined a lot of the fights. 

One thing I never saw either Monty or RT use is simultaneous camera zooming and sweeping. This would produce the same desired result of keeping the scene from stagnating visually but with an animation style dramatic effect you might see in a cartoon. This would further cement RWBYs status as a blend of Japanese and American animation. I dont get why animators lock their camera axis's when a full range of motion produces dramatic effect without even moving the subjects. No matter what though, RWBY needs to NOT use floaty combat in volume 5 or even Im giving up on the combat of this show because stuff like what went down between Blake and the water dragon were horrible. What is are your opinions on camera angling?

Weapon collision and prevention of clipping: A core problem with any combat animation is how to show the connection between the two characters' blows because the models will actually clip through each other unless you program a very in-depth dynamic system to teach the weapons how to respond when their models connect.Common solutions include camera angles that hide the point of collision (and the subsequent clipping), jump cuts (at the moment of collision), post effects (motion blurs of spark effects to hide slight clipping errors) or even simply viewing the scene from a zoomed out perspective to hide the clipping event. 

If you watch the fight scenes that came out WITHOUT Monty involvement you will see that the camera often freeze frames the two characters right as they collide so the animators can take time to make the weapons connect without having to hide the issues of clipping through each other. An example of this is pretty much every fight Qrow has been in. Half time they freeze frame and the other half they hide the collision off camera. This is very jarring and visually unappealing (it feels lazy and looks stupid). 

Monty's combat seemed to use (again as a novice animator its possible Im not seeing this correctly) motion blurs and spark effects to hide clipping during a collision such as the sparks in Sun vs Roman or the motion blurs he used for almost every time Blake fought something. This seemed to work very well especially since with some characters like Yang the spark effects actually coincide very well with the weapon type making the issue of hiding collisions a mute point since Yang's knuckles were always being hidden by a fire effect. 

The freeze frame collisions seem to already be getting phased out thankfully but I want to see RT put more stock into motion blurs instead of screwing with cameras to avoid showing clipping errors. That really limits your tool set and hurts the value of the scene.

Combat Choreography in CGI The way a scene is being created dictates what kinds of animation is viable to create the fight scene. The two core means of animating are to either load up a mo-cap recording and then use slight adjustments to fit it into the scene OR use classic key-framing where you set the character up in a position and then jump ahead in the timeline and put them at another key point in their motion and then the program fills the gaps to get the model to move to that position. Keyframing is time consuming but allows a wider baseline to begin with because mo-cap, while editable through keyframing is still utilizing that mo-cap motion as its basis. Please be aware that I have NEVER been able to use mo-cap myself and do everything with keyframes since Im just a noob with a computer in my house LOL.

Monty used keyframes in his early work due to a lack of mo-cap capability, at RT he seemed to quickly grow fond of mo-cap and began using a lot of it at least from what Ive heard from people as well as seen in RT's videos. A lot of the stuff that characters would do in Monty's animation cannot be simulated in mo-cap and instead had to be painstakingly done out in key frames to make a reality. I believe this is th ekey reason for people's distaste with the new combat. They notice there are a lot less dramatic movements or over the top choreography because now RT appears to prefer mo-cap of human fighters (which brings with it human limitations)

RT seems to rely heavily on the mo-cap of pro-fighters as well as regular people that hop into the suits to record a walk cycle since key framing a walk animation is an absolute nightmare. Keyframing has taken a backseat and is only used now for slight motions like a hand or head movement when the character is standing in one spot. Since GOOD keyframing and mo-cap are kind of hard to tell apart I might be mistaken in saying that RT uses a bit too much mo-cap. 

RT should experiment with creating combat that a real life fighter cannot produce and utilize its larger number of animators to take the time to do the long process that is keyframing. RWBY has always suffered from people who wanted quantity over quality both before and after the loss of Monty. RT's animation team is now HUGE compared to the first 3 volumes. They should have the manpower for people to be divided up and set to the long process of keyframing combat instead of just popping in mo cap and doing some touch ups. Granted the new complication with a large team is that it is hard to keep everyone in sync on what the desired effect or method of delivery is going to be. It might be hard to make a Monty style combat choreography when the fight is dived into multiple people (which might explain why Monty and Shane often did the combat themselves and spent long nights on them instead of dividing it up among the team).

In conclusion: I love RWBY and am adamant that the failures of volume 4 were due to experimentation into developing something better. I cant blame a company for crap combat animation when their two leads combat animators were for one reason or another lost. RT is not at fault for trying something new and failing, they will be at fault if volume 5 comes out and no changes have been made in a full year of animation development. I expect either A. to see a new series of ideas being tested in response to volume 4 experiments failing or B. they try to re-create what Monty often did in his works. Some of the stuff in his animations that RT is not doing can be VERY easily done by any animator worth their salt. Why some of these methods were abandoned or never used is beyond me but Id hope that animators with far more skill and experience than me would have something in the works for volume 5 rather than keep doing what they pulled in volume 4. 

Thank you for your time reading this and please feel free to debate my analysis with respect to all parties.

-ZetaZ

• Arcrius452

Arcrius452 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33660119 - 1 year ago

ZetaZ, that was a really interesting read, and some awesome detailed insight!  I don't have any animation experience, I'm just a fan of the show, but a lot of what you said made sense to me.  I'm hoping someone from RT will take a look at your post and really consider what you've had to say, because even with no detailed knowledge of your technical points, I could go back and see the discrepancy between seasons.       

The biggest difference for me between the Monty fights and the fights that followed is that the weapons themselves became so much less important. If we look back at the first two seasons, the different modes on the weapons were not only utilized more often, but also in more interesting and dynamic (if, admittedly, over the top) ways. Ruby using her sniper-scythe to rapidly change direction, Yang using her gauntlets to increase her speed and velocity in close combat, and Nora's massive hammer blows were incredibly "wow-ing" to me. 

In addition, the semblances were more prominent in combat. How many times did Blake use her semblance in the first two volumes? Now what about the rest of them? And the last major difference, imo, was the the coordination of the teams. The team attacks, and how seamlessly they were worked into the fight, really caught my attention and brought the combat to another level. These are the things that grabbed my attention before the story started to mature, and although I do stay for the story and increasingly impressive character/world building, I do sorely miss all these components of the first two seasons. 

I will say this though, the Qrow/Tyrion fight was very well done, at least to me. I just don't see why Ruby had to jump off the roof and run slowly to the battle, when we all know she could have used her sniper to propel herself around rapidly. ...and seriously, when are we going to see those beautiful gunchucks again?

I personally don't have any experience in animation.  It's not something I've ever looked into from the technical side.  I'm just a fan of the series who really wants some of these key features from the first two season to come back.  

• ZetaZ98

ZetaZ98

#33660742 - 1 year ago

In reply to arcrius27 I love what you had to add. I never noticed it until you mentioned it but you're absolutely right about the usage of the weapons for movement and usage of semblances and coordinated attacks. Those 3 things have really faded away and if anything I think finding a way to bring those back would be WAY better for RWBYs combat than even the stuff I mentioned. 

I really hope RT is looking into improving the combat animation because really as long as they are TRYING to fix it/improve it I have no qualms with change. Stagnation is the #1 killer of any animator or animation team. "Never stop moving forward" is never more prevalent than in animation as there is ALWAYS improvements and refinements to be made.

• Arcrius452

Arcrius452 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33667287 - 1 year ago

Just revisiting this post to point out, I've seen the Yang short for season 5...and whether by happy accident or intentional design, weapon-based movement is BACK!  I'm so excited for this, and I hope it's here to stay again.  Hopefully you've seen it, and if you haven't Zeta, absolutely check it out and let me know what you think.  

RT, regardless of whether you've paid any attention this thread, thank you, thank you so much.  Let's keep taking steps in this direction, yeah?

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33667292 - 1 year ago

Guess you haven't heard that ScrewAttack is moving to Austin and will be joining the animation department. Apparently the action animators will be taking part in some form for RWBY,

• ZetaZ98

ZetaZ98

#33667580 - 1 year ago

In reply to arcrius27 Nice to hear from you again, yes I have seen the new Yang short and I must say it has some drastic improvements from vol 4. Floaty combat has become properly weighted and theyre doing a better job dealing with model collisions. The choreography is getting there but its obviously not Monty Oum lvl yet LOL. I think I can say with confidence that RT is hard at work to imrpove RWBY combat and taking into account that as JROY said the ScrewAttack team has some great combat choreography skills, that will certainly help.

Some improvements to still make are how a lot of the motions are still slow and laggy. The actions the characters make are good but they stall and stutter between each motion, the flow of each blow is not natural but then again that might be stylistic for the fight since its got a lot of boxing elements at play.

Id also personally like to see the weird curvy bullet crap stop but thats kind of nit-picking of me and no where near the priority of other stuff like choreography.

• Arcrius452

#33669413 - 1 year ago

@JROY, No, I hadn't heard that, but I'm certainly excited for it!  Thanks for the heads up!

@ZetaZ98, I'll be on here from time to time, just because I enjoy talking about the animation.  The combat in the first two seasons really drew me into the series. 

• StarboltView

StarboltView Crafty

#33671334 - 1 year ago

May I endorse? Criticism of RWBY is a welcome sight. Good to see that other observers are picking apart the combat.

Here's one which I've noticed. 

Running = Tack - It's obvious if you look at the fights in Episode 2 of Volume 3, or Ilia's scuffle with Blake and Sun in V4. Running is somewhat like the fight choreographer's version of a storyteller sitting characters down to converse; it's stock, it's brainless, it's easy, and it's completely unlike the style of animation you see from Oum.

You don't notice it on face value but both Monty's and Shane's fights avoided using running animations in RWBY fights like the cold, unless the fighters were deliberately unskilled, such as CRDL or the Torchwick goons. RvB during the freelancer seasons, and Dead Fantasy also do it. 

Any shots where characters need to move almost completely utilize alternative means of travel, such as momentum, jumps, attacks, or moving objects, vehicles, and creatures to make the aerodynamic ingenuity you get from the earlier fights in the series.

And a second one regarding the fights in Season 4.

Fights are happening and being executed for the wrong reasons -

I've observed that RWBY fights fall into two principle categories; their purpose is either to confront an adversary (the sort of fights that we consider exhilarating and work best when anticipated), or to establish the danger level of the adversary (which lends better to suspense, or drama, or dealing a blow to the opponent).

If you analyse the fights from Volumes 1 up to 5, you'll see the former being fully dominant in the earlier seasons when Monty was present, and almost all Volume 4 and some later Volume 3 fights falling into the latter, whilst simultaneously trying to be the former as well, which is why they didn't work.

We found the earlier fights exciting and pumping, not just because of excellent choreography, but because they were about beating through the opponents standing against them. The earlier fights were challenges, and challenges are exciting.

It made the cast look strong, and the fights far more memorable. They also had the common trait of being built up, with the opponent being obvious, and the more time that the build-up was given, the better the pay-off.

You'll probably be seeing these crits fairly frequently whilst Volume 5 is airing. Good observing, and I trust these are coherent.

• ZetaZ98

ZetaZ98

#33671531 - 1 year ago

In reply to StarboltView Yeah the story perspective for the fights has really shifted and Id love them to stop using action as a means to drop information without it being boring. Exposition dumps in combat or during the build up to combat is a really weird tendency that only works in some video games like say Touhou. 

I retain my faith that RT will continue to improve and that over time more and more of what was lost with Oum will be returned in time. His loss has had an understandably dramatic shift in the animation and I wouldnt expect some miraculous recovery in 2 years when a project like RWBY can be so easily undone when one of its core leaders is lost. 

RTs growth in its animation department has been drastic and with that I should expect to see quality continue to rise not just graphically (as Maya already has done that) but in animation quality. What I love most of all is that they didnt have some big fight in the opening episode this volume, thats fantastic in my opinion, showing restraint and care to not just throw fights in for the sake of it.

• Arcrius452

#33673724 - 1 year ago

Just saw the latest episode.  I have to say, I didn't notice the running thing until it was pointed it out to me, but now that you have, it's definitely a problem. (In my opinion)  Especially in the bandit camp, there was a lot of running/walking during fight scenes that really slowed down the pace and make all of the fights seem sluggish.  Kudos to the team for the actual choreography being brilliant however.  Yang's fighting style was pretty impressive, but without a sense of speed things seemed...well, dull. 
    As I'm being critical at the moment, let's also talk about the episode before that...Weiss' choreography seems to be getting more and more stilted and silly.  The ballerina spins need to stop.  They're distracting, useless motion that happens at odd times.  I just personally don't like it.  Maybe some people do, but she used to have clean, efficient motions.  In the first season she was able to control her glyphs with a twist of her wrist.  Now she needs to pirouette three times and stab her blade into the ground?  That doesn't make any sense.  It's jarring.  I legitimately don't want to watch any of her fights from this season again, at least from what we've seen so far. 

As far as things that are going well, the motions themselves are definitely more distinctive and clean.  I think using the weapons as a propulsion method is a welcome returning feature, but now the movement between those moments is slowing down, and the fights are actually MORE jarring to watch because of the dramatic change in speeds.  
    I think Yang's character and fighting style are going the right direction.  She's easily my favorite character and I'm glad that her core fighting method hasn't been...edited. Like Weiss. 

I think the scene with RWBY and Oscar/Oz was well done.  They fought like people new to fist fighting, which is good, because they are.  

Overall, keep up the good work.  I can see progress in all areas of the combat animation and I appreciate it deeply as an avid fan. Let's just not take any steps backwards.  :)

• KingArthur13

KingArthur13

#33674128 - 1 year ago

I agree, the animation has recieved a drop in combat quality since Montys passing.  My biggest gripe with the animation in the fight scenes in volume 3 and 4 was the pacing.  Some of the worst pacing Ive seen in a fight scene in a combat oriented show was in volume 3 and 4.  The lengthy exchanges that completely disconnect the viewer from the fight were such a drag in volume 3 and 4.  They would explain what they were going to do for far too long, and the payoff would often not be there.  For example in the rock grim fight, when Nora is charging up for her swing, you expect a big swing with a lot of force behind it, but instead they practically make it look like a normal swing and the grimm just topples over from it.  A lack of reward for the build up is often a problem with the fight scenes, and Im hoping they never make the scenes drag like that again.   

• jacktoyoface

jacktoyoface

#33674157 - 1 year ago

In reply to ZetaZ98

This was an excellent read. Thank you for your input.

I personally enjoyed how the combat scenes were flaunted in the first two volumes. It felt like they were so proud of it that they'd stuff it in wherever they could (e.g, the food fight).

In reply to arcrius27

I think I can relate on the Weiss dancing thing, but I am also at odds on the subject. I always LOVED it when she danced during a fight. It felt like it really defined her style. But then again, I don't want to see it overused, as it used to represent her at her best moments. 

• KingArthur13

KingArthur13

#33674481 - 1 year ago

In reply to jacktoyoface I agree, Weiss' movements like that should only be shown to insinuate a very large attack, or some sort of complicated glyph.  The worst thing they could do is over use the spins and twirls because she has been shown to use glyphs very easily and without much movement in the past, and I feel they have somewhat nerfed semblences because of their inability in the past to integrate them well into a fight scene.  In Volume 1 and 2, you see them using their semblance's with almost no repercussions on their Aura, but in every volume afterward, they make their semblance's like a last resort, or at least limit their usage of their semblance's.  

• ZetaZ98

ZetaZ98

#33675843 - 1 year ago

Nice to see the conversation is still rolling, I must say Weiss was always my favorite and as a character she still is but the spinning has killed her fight scenes. It was cool once or twice during big moments back in volumes 1 and 2 but now its too frequent.

I love the effort being made on Yangs fighting, that was something I always worried theyd screw up and never find a way to fix it but they seem to be in a great direction on it. We havent seen much of Ruby yet but as long as "speed" doesnt turn back into flying ALL THE TIME Im pretty much happy with her.

I can tell they are afraid to do stuff with Blake, I dont think they have any idea how to choreograph her stuff (watch me get proven wrong in the next episode LOL) Think about it, weve seen here in like 3 fights since volume 3 and most of them were small skirmishes where over the top action wasnt needed. The only big fight she had was the water dragon fight the most infamous fight in the show for it being so colossally taken down the wrong path.

If they re-did the lore of RWBY and made semblances more draining on aura than during Monty's time thats going to really piss me off. Theres no need for that and it feels like they would only do that out of laziness or inability to compensate.

Im most interested in a Sun fight because THAT is something which will really test what their capable of, Nunchuks are something thats so hard to animate and motion track that even Monty covered them up in motion blurs and particle effects.

• jacktoyoface

jacktoyoface

#33676202 - 1 year ago

I actually always thought that doing the yang fights would be the easiest, because its hand to hand, which I think is rather conventional. 

The thing I miss the most from season 1 and 2 is how awesome everything looked. The character's actual standing in terms of strength was never taken in to account, they were always incredible, unless someone was just way stronger than them. It all comes down to how brave the crwby feels in terms of animating the fights and if they have the skill to make it look incredible.

Also, this may be a bit off topic as we are on the subject of animation, but i think it can be felt that there is a serious lack of fighting going on right now. It used to be so frequent! Now there is a lot of talking. Talking is nice, but it can get really boring if that's all the show is.

• KingArthur13

KingArthur13

#33676311 - 1 year ago

I don't like how weapons no longer click in intricate ways, they've seem to be missing those amazing shots where they would load the weapon where things would spin into place.  The little details that made the RWBY animation so unique are still missing in the new volumes, but I'm sure the animators will get there, someday.  I just hope they don't make the show have less action and just more dialogue as the show goes along. 

• swaggrenox

swaggrenox

#33677350 - 1 year ago

So much have changed since volume 1 and 2, most for the better (storytelling, animation quality, episode length, backstory, etc.), but some for the worst (fight choreography....)

I've recently done some very thorough research as to what's happening in the fight choreography department after Monty's passing, Dillon leaving after Volume 3 and Shane leaving the team. I did enjoy the recent Yang vs bandits fight scenes but it gave a totally different vibe, not that I don't like it but it felt... different and it takes time to get used to.

I just really hope RT keeps focusing on the FLOW of the combat scenes, making it more like HK fighting rather than Hollywood fighting style, and of course, follow a rhythm (like dancing) and match the soundtrack. In that regard, Weiss' fight scene felt very underwhelming. Too much dancing around with no real purpose, the fight felt sluggish and the motions lacked a real punch. Yes, it's prettier, but if I was into RWBY for that, I wouldn't be. 

I feel like it's fine to expand on Monty's legacy in the storytelling department because it was never his expertise and he actually came and sought RT's help for it, but to completely change what defined Monty's as one of the best fight animators ? No offense, but I'm not so sure RT can do better withouth him. So instead of trying out different ways to animate fight scenes, since you've worked so closely with Monty and know how he operates and orchestrates the fights, how about expanding on his VISION and LEGACY as one of the greatest animated fight choreographer ? It's no easy task, but eliminating uncessary walking / dancing that add to nothing and slow down the pace, is a great start. Working closely with the one providing the fighting soundtrack, Jeff Williams, is another great way to set the fight rhythm. With the RT team ceaselessly growing, I am sure you will come close, and eventually surpass Monty's genius choreographies. 

KEEP MOVING FORWARD ! I have faith in RT and I believe you can find the right crew to pass on Monty's legacy :) !!

• swaggrenox

swaggrenox

#33677667 - 1 year ago

If you guys haven't seen this yet, I sure rewatched it today and man... I can only hope the team who made this fight scene go work on RWBY right now !! It is the closest piece of work I can find that gives me Monty vibes. Fast paced, no wasted movement, great choreography, camera a bit shaky but that's ScrewAttack's style and I welcome it, great song on the 2nd part of the fight, it is anything I can hope for that comes remotely close to Monty's work. Y'all part of the same RT family and I just hope we can find such amazing fights on RWBY this volume... fingers crossed... Like I said on my previous post, I HAVE FAITH IN RT !!

youtu.be/5IOf8F6ChKs?t=9m13s

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33677668 - 1 year ago

In reply to swaggrenox

Quoting myself from a previous post...

"Guess you haven't heard that ScrewAttack is moving to Austin and will be joining the animation department. Apparently the action animators will be taking part in some form for RWBY."

• KingArthur13

KingArthur13

#33677675 - 1 year ago

Yeah, his name is Torrian and he has a passion for animation very similar to that of Monty, he and monty work in the same mindset.  They like to make fights with great pacing, and great characterization through the way they fight.  He gives individuality to the characters he animates.  I definitely trust him to animate RWBY,  I just doubt he'll be working on EVERY fight scene, since he's still busy with death battle as well.

• user-5848d785b1a95

user-5848d785b1a95

#33677836 - 11 months ago

I seriously hope the others working on the animation take notes on Torrian’s work and get better without relying on him. And that they can work out Weiss and the sembalances. Also, do we know anything about if they look at these forums or other sites for information/suggestions?

• swaggrenox

swaggrenox

#33677844 - 11 months ago

In reply to JROY

That is awesome news !!

In reply to KingArthur13

I've never heard of him but I'll look him up, from the way you describe him, this looks very promising :) I wonder why they didn't integrate him sooner in the team for volume 4, he sounds like an amazing animator. 

In reply to user-5848d785b1a95

I hope they do, I know they value community feedback and I really like all the constructive criticism we have here. 

• hackodis

hackodis

#33677866 - 11 months ago

I'm one of those people that don't nit pick a show to death. I watch RWBY because it's a great show with not really an original idea. I love the animation in Vol.5, I think it's great they added something more to Weiss semblance. Watching the character short with weiss i was stunned, it was so well done and all the little extra things weiss now does just adds to it. She's light quick and nimble, and that shows when she moves almost like a ballerina. Anyways i'm going to end it her and just say i enjoy RWBY for everything it provides.

• swaggrenox

swaggrenox

#33679435 - 11 months ago

Guys, the hype is real ! Look at this great early footage of Sun Wukong featured next on Death Battle ! I really REALLY want to see this type of fight back into RWBY. Gomg.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=efAAjxh0LHg&feature=youtu.be

• BlackboardMoniter

BlackboardMoniter

#33742722 - 2 weeks ago

I know this is a pretty old forum by now... And you can absolutely ignore me... but it still bothers me from time to time, and I found a GREAT video (actually, like 4 really short videos) from an amateur animator (his words) explaining some very interesting stuff:

...btw Youtubers name is "Cake", as I'm referencing his work here, I felt I should let you know beforehand. Feel free to subscribe

RWBY Just isn't the same: The pillars of Monty Oum

(*edit: dunno if videos show up here, just have to copy paste the title into youtube)