Forums > RWBY

Anyone else want to see a new RWBY game? (Aside from Cross Tag Battle)

Posts (11)

• FateFaeron

FateFaeron

#33666692 - 1 year ago

Don't get me wrong I'm super hyped for the Cross Tag Battle fighting game but for people like me with no friends it would likely be something I wouldn't play much. That was an issue I had with RWBY: Grim Eclipse, as well as a couple other problems with the game but I won't get into it. 

Basically I want to see a RWBY game that's single player/story driven focused. Since the story of RWBY is just as important as the awesome fight scenes. And it would be a great way to expand the lore of the RWBY-verse. Whether or not the game should be a 2D or 3D game is up to debate. Personally I want to see a 2D one.

Though I'm pretty sure the game production side of rooster teeth were working on something else at the moment, can't remember the name right now though.

• user-59e280297f8e7

user-59e280297f8e7

#33668519 - 1 year ago

What do we want to see in a RWBY game?

-Absurd transforming weapons

-Tight melee combat system based heavily on quick movements

-Bestial monsters everywhere

-A destroyed and mysterious world

What game already has all of these things?

BLOODBORNE

A FromSoftware-made RWBY game would be amaaaazing

• mr_plueschmann

mr_plueschmann FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33693245 - 1 year ago

I want in a RWBY Game:

- open world Campaign

- customizable characters and weapons

- a storyline as a Huntsman/Huntress of Ozpins inner Circle on the Trail of Salems Henchman. 

- More Background informations on some Characters (Glynda, Port, Oobleck, etc) and Remnant and its Kingdoms.

- Side Quests with typical Huntsman work. 

Im not sure if a game during the events of the series or before, would be better.

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33693560 - 1 year ago

Imagine if CD Projekt Red were to make a RWBY game.....

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33694515 - 1 year ago

In reply to ClNDERFALL

Those guys would make a 300 hour game, with 150 hour expansions. But they are already working on another game, so the makers of Blood borne, as stated above would be a good decision on RT's part.

• LinkXL1

LinkXL1

#33694765 - 1 year ago

i would prefer a more story driven game as opposed to the hack and slash that was grimm eclipse, which really felt more like a proof of concept that fell flat on its face. or maybe a game that focuses on creating your own character. either way, GE could be improved upon and added to in all directions. and id be very surprised if RT didnt try for a second game, given their efforts to expand RWBY with a board game and manga. they clearly want the franchise to expand across multiple medias. 

on a side note, that cross tag game is not looking good. they're locking half the characters behind DLC. now i dont play very many fighting games, but having rwby characters made me keep my eye on it. but now?

rwby cameo or not, im not buying a game with shitty nickel and dime tactics (hint hint)

• lolerskin

lolerskin

#33697187 - 1 year ago

Didn't they said that they don't want to make more games (because fans want that), but concecrate on shows and other things?

• GammaEmerald

GammaEmerald

#33697612 - 1 year ago

Grimm Eclipse anyone?

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33697644 - 1 year ago

In reply to GammaEmerald

It was fun, but videogames are still an untapped field.

• GammaEmerald

GammaEmerald

#33697798 - 1 year ago

I personally feel like RWBY would work as like a Xenoblade Chronicles-style RPG, but replace chain attacks with team attacks, you can use many two-person attacks (like 3 or so) or one full-team attack off a full meter