Forums > RWBY

Create your own RWBY Character! (newbies welcome)

Posts (143)

• animexrwby

animexrwby Izac Neal

#33668081 - 7 months ago

Go ahead and make your own character inspired by RWBY theories, Trailers, and/or Story line! Don't be afraid to intertwine before, during, or after the main story. Hope you enjoy this topic! We accept positive feedback about our character(s).

P.S. Stories are welcome and, With the creators permission, you can intercept with 1 or multiple OC's. Have Fun!

And for an example, Here's mine:

Character name: 

Daken Ookami  

Preferred Name: 

Daku 

Character type

Half Grimm, Half Human

Height:

6' 1"

Appearance:

Dressed in all black with small white tribal designs

Long, Straight, black hair

Pale complexion

(From Salem) Black veins under the the skin and in the eyes

Tall and skinny

Armor type:

Flexible light metal armor

Weapon name(s):

Sutoraika and Defenda (Split blades) (Changes into Gladio et arcu for bow form)

Dakuurufu no ha (Claymore)

Okami no kiba (Dagger)

Weapon type:

Sutoraika and Defenda (Split blades): 

Split-Blade type, can add a small handle extension to make into a dual headed Staff.

Dakuurufu no ha:

Standard Claymore

Okami no kiba:

Standard dagger

Gladio et arcu:

Bladed Bow

Ranged weapon: 

Bow and arrow (From the split-blade Sword)

Abilities:

Immortality* (Grimm side), Detect Negative Emotions (Grimm side), More keen sight, smell, and hearing than a regular human (Grimm side), Fast learning (Human side), Impressionable (Human side), Flexible (Human side)

*Character can live forever, but can die of an unnatural death (Stabbed with a sword, shot with a gun, etc).

Semblance:

Soft-step (Stealthily walk so quietly no human or faunus can detect him. Only animals have a chance to detect him) 

Aura amount:

Very little (Grimm side) (Drawback)

Personality:

Very blank expressions and emotionless at first. Overtime, Daken starts to develop a personality, sense of humor, and becomes more emotional. But still very conserved. Likes to experience things firsthand. Scorpio-type personality (won't show emotion unless pushed/forced to, Very loyal, Persuasive if desired). 

Believes in negotiation, not in fighting. Fights if he has no option unless if he has to fight Grimm. 

Fighting Skills:

Somewhat mastery of Martial Arts and Mastered Sword wielding of his own style. Depending how desperate Daken gets, he prefers to mainly use Sutoraika (Striker) and Defenda (Defender) in open combat, Then will add the handle extension for the Small Dual headed Staff, After that, he will use his Claymore (Dākuurufu no ha) strapped on his back. But will use his Grimm (Beowulf) form if extremely desperate. Stealthy tactical type of fighter. Tries to use the element of surprise to favor him as much as possible. Uses his dagger, Okami no kiba (Wolf fang), as a quick draw weapon to fight and win against surprise attacks.

Fighting style:

Daken uses stealth to take out as many enemies as he can without losing the element of surprise and tries to remain hidden and uses Okami no Kiba as melee stealth attacks and uses Gladio et Arcu for ranged stealth attacks. In open combat, Daken doesn't use Gladio et Arcu. However, he dual wields Sutoraika and Defenda in one hand in single-blade mode for offence and Okami no Kiba as defense under normal circumstances.

Genealogy:

Father was experimented on for Grimm-Human to see if bonding could work. (Project: Midnight, Explains Daken's Grimm side, Big Secret from everyone)

Only things Daken knows about his mother is that she had silver eyes, only daughter, was a huntress from Beacon and trained at another combat school.

Only facts Daken knows about his father is that he went to Signal Academy, then Beacon, and his father was a huntsman, was also an only child, Parents died due to Grimm attack.

No siblings

Backstory:

Lost his Mother when he was 6, Father died mysteriously. Salem raised Daken since he was 7. Daku was told that humans are bad and that they must be destroyed by Salem. Salem takes him in and trains him as a fighter. Stayed loyal to Salem as a bodyguard

At the age of 18, Daken wanted to experience the humans firsthand and when he told Salem about his idea to experience the human race, She told Daken "If you leave to experience the humans, you will no longer have a place at my side and I will no longer see you as an ally to me. But count you as my enemy." His desire to experience the humans overpowered his fear of being alone, again. But, He was determined. So, he left Salem and saw the good and the bad side of humans. Decided to fight against the Grimm, thus, loosing his family (Salem was all he had left). 

Daken was captured as a science experiment to study his unique type and abilities through blood analysis. When finished, They start to take his blood to create super soldiers (What Project Half-breed is). Daken finally brakes loose with the help of Nite Kazama (another OC), the only scientific breakthrough through Project Half-Breed that survived the breakout, and they are now at large. Daken and Nite hid in a cave far from civilization and the secret lab and decide to stay there, and decided to make a vow to stick together, no matter what. They also decided to hide from the world unless if they are absolutely needed to save the world and went into hibernation.

The search for Daken and Nite was stopped and Project Half-breed has been discontinued. 

They slept until the rise of Grimm activity after the attack on Beacon Academy. And decided to assist and save the world from Salems terror. Ends up running into the living remainders of teams RWBY and JNPR. 

(Follow me on twitter @realizacneal) 

(Feel free to message me about my Character on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or here on Rooster Teeth)

Drawbacks:

Can only change into his Grimm form if absolutely necessary for 15 minutes every 2 weeks. But, If not transformed in the 2 weeks, 5 minutes are folded over, per se. 

Maximum time capability: 30 minutes.

If transformation time exceeds 30 minutes, Grimm form will force its way out, and Daku will not be in control. 

Transforming into Grimm form drains his strength, sanity, and could kill him if done too much and/or too long. 

Every time he uses his transformation ability and exposure of negative human emotion, His Grimm form gets stronger and unfortunately, closer to his Grimm side. Positive human emotion make him more human. He is an unstable being. (Has too much Grimm blood in him; So, he needs an anchor to hold on to or keep him under control. Ex: Inuyasha and his fathers sword URL: http://inuyasha.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_43)

(Unintended) puns:

(When surrounded by Grimm) "Well, This situation is looking quite Grimm."

(Fighting the White Fang) "(Now,) I got some (more) dirt on the White Fang..."

Quotes:

"Bad beginning to your story? Well, good thing you can always change the end of it."

"Train like you never won a battle, Fight like you never lost a battle."

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33670827 - 7 months ago

In reply to animexrwby How much has changed from last time you posted this character? Did you take any of my tips into account, any at all?

• animexrwby

animexrwby Izac Neal

#33671209 - 7 months ago

I looked at other people's OC's to get ideas.

• animexrwby

animexrwby Izac Neal

#33671210 - 7 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie yeah.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33671216 - 7 months ago

In reply to animexrwby Please explain to me what's different.

• animexrwby

animexrwby Izac Neal

#33671274 - 7 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie The Aura amount is very low due to Daku being Grimm (Drawback). I dropped the extra semblance. 

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33671882 - 7 months ago

I got notifications for this thread having 2 new posts. But I'm not seeing anything. Is the website deleting them again?

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33671907 - 7 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

That's really odd man, I accidentally double posted my character and I can't see him anywhere

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33671910 - 7 months ago

Name: Herman Grauer

Appearance: Herman has long, flowing grey hair, accompanied with a short beard. His gaunt eyes are a dark blue with cat-like pupils. These are complimented by an aquiline nose and high cheekbones, as well as fang like teeth. His skin colour is sun-kissed, has a medium, somewhat bulky frame, and is 6 feet 3 inches tall. His attire consists of black combat boots, navy blue trousers, a red shirt and a dark grey trench coat as well as a skull-patterned facemask and reflective sunglasses. A pair of bandoliers criss-cross his chest

Personality: A man of few words, who prefers solitude. Highly observant. Usually calm and collected in every situation but on occaison can be provoked into a furious rage, usually upon seeing discrimination, injustice, White Fang members and everything with the last name Schnee. He does 

like killing, peaches, pretty girls and the occasional whiskey though.

Bio: Herman never fit in well, neither with the faunus nor the humans on account of his ancestry. A half breed child of a wolf Faunus Huntsman and a human woman from Vale, and such an odd pairing was rejected by both races as they saw too much of the other in the family. Growing up, Herman was trained in the arts of hand-to-hand combat, chainsword handling, usage of a sawn-off double barelled shotgun, foraging and trapping by his father, Caleb Grauer. At age 14, Caleb was severely injured on mission, and thus was unable to continue hunting. The sole breadwinner of the family gone, it fell to the wife and Herman to provide. Times were hard, money was short. They grew hard and lean. Caleb despaired to see his family in such a position, and in his desperation he met with some faunus assosciates, who managed to hire him for what they promised to be a simple job: A raid on a Schnee Convoy.

It was a massacre, and Caleb barely got home alive. Unfortunately, he was tracked by PMCs, and thus, gifting his chainsword and shotgun to his child, he stayed behind to confront them. As Herman and his mother fled to the forest, they were set upon by Grimm, and the wife died trying to protect her child, who in fury killed all of them, activating his aura for the first time. As he saw his house become kindling, and his father excecuted on the spot, the lad resolved to follow the PMCs back to a Schnee 

mining outpost.

At first it seemed hopeless; security was too tight. For a week he waited, and his chance came when the White Fang conducted a raid on the outpost. Joining their forces, he avenged his family a hundredfold, exacting brutal revenge on the men who killed his father. But it was not enough. Not until the entrails of every Schnee dripped from his chainsword would he be satisfied. And the White Fang offered that. 

Recommended by the commander of the raid, Herman found himself in a special operations squad, granted the best training and 

equipment.

He's 17 now, heading out for his first op; a hit and run on an Atlas weapons dump located in a city. Plant the bomb, get out before it detonates. They won't see them coming, he was assured.

They were lied to. Someone tipped off the Atlas military, and a huntsman was there to boot.

Nonetheless, they were the best the White Fang had, and he was able to rip and tear his way through multiple soldiers and plant the bomb. As the huntsman approached, Scythe held high, Herman 

decided to instantly detonate the bomb.

He awoke to see the hell he wrought. Destroyed homes, crying children, bodies torn apart by the blast. Fathers cradled their sons in their hands, lovers wept for one another. The huge influx of negative emotions drew Grimm, who easily overwhelmed the weakened defenses. A confounded butchery began, and Herman escaped by the skin of his teeth. As he saw the consequences of his actions, he renounced his alleigance to the Fang, and embarked on a mission to seek revenge.

Branded a terrorist by Atlas, a traitor by the White Fang, prey by the Hunters, Herman must survive as he walks the twisted road of redemption.

Weapons: Chainsword, Double barelled sawn off shotgun, throwing knives.

Semblance: He is still learning to control his Aura, so he hasn't discovered it yet.

Quotes: "To wash the blood of the innocent off my hands, I must bathe in the blood of the White fang."

• animexrwby

animexrwby Izac Neal

#33672083 - 7 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie I got it back

• animexrwby

animexrwby Izac Neal

#33672094 - 7 months ago

In reply to user-59f4cc5dcb079 This story that you wrote is a beauty. The background of your character is amazing, I can see this take place in the past. The quote is a great as well. But I was thinking this little poem could be what he writes to remind himself of his goal:

"In the blood of the Fang, 

I cleanse my hands of innocents blood. 

To avenge my mother and father,

I held so dear, Damn the Grimm.

The Schnee will pay,

In my time, 

By my way."

What do you think?

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33672171 - 7 months ago

In reply to animexrwby

That's.....badass. Amazing.

Anyway, I did change some details about Herman, it's currently on another thread. I'll paste it here so if you want to go through it and review it, well go ahead. (Pretty please?)

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33672175 - 7 months ago

I did a few tweaks so please read through this again and tell me if it is any better.

Name: Herman Grauer

Appearance: Herman has long, flowing grey hair, accompanied with a pair of wolf ears. His gaunt eyes are a dark blue. These are complimented by an aquiline nose and high cheekbones. His skin colour is sun-kissed, has a medium, somewhat bulky frame, and is 6 feet 3 inches tall. His attire consists of black combat boots, navy blue trousers, a white long sleeved shirt and a lightly armoured light blue Ackchan (A formal dress where I'm from, sort of like a sleevless coat which extends to the ankles). 

Personality: Herman is a very close mouthed, mistrusting child who would prefer his own company. He is extremely paranoid and would never try to stay in places for long, nor visit the same place twice. In addition to this, he is traumatized by the bombing, and has frequent nightmares (thus sorely lacking sleep). He also has a deathly fear of authority figures and is extremely awkward around women. He also easily angered, and may fly into rage at the smallest of things. The only things he seems to like are peaches, which remind him of the orchard back home, and tinkering with his weapon, as it helps keep his mind of the anxiety. 

Bio: Herman never fit in well, neither with the faunus nor the humans on account of his ancestry. A half breed child of a wolf Faunus Huntsman and a human woman from Vale, and such an odd pairing was rejected by both races as they saw too much of the other in the family. 

Growing up, Herman was trained in the arts of hand-to-hand combat, chainsword handling, usage of a sawn-off double barelled shotgun, foraging and trapping by his father, Caleb Grauer. At age 14 Caleb was severely injured on mission, and thus was unable to continue hunting. The sole breadwinner of the family gone, it fell to the wife and Herman to provide. Times were hard, money was short. They grew hard and lean. Caleb despaired to see his family in such a position, and in his desperation he met with some faunus assosciates, who managed to hire him for what they promised to be a simple job: A raid on a Schnee Convoy.

It was a massacre, and Caleb barely got home alive. Unfortunately, he was tracked by PMCs, and thus, gifting his chainsword to his child, he stayed behind to confront them. As Herman and his mother fled to the forest, they were set upon by a Beowulf, and the wife died trying to protect her child, who in fury slew the beast, activating his aura for the first time. As he saw his house become kindling, and his father excecuted on the spot, the lad resolved to follow the PMCs back to a Schnee 

mining outpost.

At first it seemed hopeless; security was too tight. For a week he waited, and his chance came when the White Fang conducted a raid on the outpost. With their help, he was able to ambush the man who killed his father, and in a fight which left him severely wounded, he avenged his family. His revenge did not bring his family back, but the White Fang offered a different sort of family. 

Recommended by the commander of the raid, Herman found himself in a special operations squad, granted the best 

training and equipment.

He's 17 now, heading out for his first op; a hit and run on an Atlas weapons dump located in a city. Plant the bomb, get out before it detonates. They won't see them coming, he was assured.

They were lied to. Someone tipped off the Atlas military, and a huntsman was there to boot.

Nonetheless, they were the best the White Fang had, and he was able to rip and tear his way through multiple soldiers and plant the bomb. As the huntsman approached, Scythe held high, Herman decided to instantly detonate the bomb.

He awoke to see the hell he wrought. Destroyed homes, crying children, bodies torn apart by the blast. Fathers cradled their sons in their hands, lovers wept for one another. The huge influx of negative emotions drew Grimm, who easily overwhelmed the weakened defenses. A confounded butchery began, and Herman escaped by the skin of his teeth. As he saw the consequences of his actions, he renounced his alleigance to the Fang, and embarked on a mission to seek revenge.

Branded a terrorist by Atlas, a traitor by the White Fang, prey by the Hunters, Herman must survive as he walks the twisted road of redemption.

Weapons: Double handed greatsword with chainsaw teeth tracks running on both sides, activated when a switch beneath the pommel is flipped. It can also morph into a LMG which is chambered for 5.56x45 dust rounds. 7 throwing axes each having a different coating of dust.

Semblance: He is still learning to control his Aura, so he does not quite know.

So how was this attempt? The guys on a create a character for rwby thread really disliked my first try, and they were justified. His personality was scrambled, and the weapons were uninteresting. The appearance wasn't anything special. Thus I present Herman V2. 

P.S. I will keep the quote and the poem when I write his story. Thanks so much!

• animexrwby

animexrwby Izac Neal

#33672181 - 7 months ago

In reply to user-59f4cc5dcb079 Nothin' but positivity here, man. That is what they did to my character, Daku.

• animexrwby

animexrwby Izac Neal

#33672180 - 7 months ago

In reply to user-59f4cc5dcb079 "he is traumatized by the bombing, and has frequent nightmares (thus sorely lacking sleep)." That is P.T.S.D (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder).

• animexrwby

animexrwby Izac Neal

#33672183 - 7 months ago

In reply to user-59f4cc5dcb079 The edit was better than the last one. But, don't let that stop you. Reread you characters stuff, Get some ideas from other OC's and use that to improve your character(s).

• animexrwby

animexrwby Izac Neal

#33672191 - 7 months ago

giphy.gif

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33672308 - 7 months ago

In reply to animexrwby

Thanks for the support. I'm thinking of writing up a serial killer type OC who Herman will encounter. After all, the Grimm are not the only monsters in remnant. Here's a little story.

The huntress had such pretty eyes. He could state at them for hours and hours.

Captivating eyes they were. He could almost feel himself ontop of her. Yes. Yes. Drool dropped from his chin. 

Rustling in the bushes told him he was not alone. He placed the eyes back in the jar and grabbed his dagger. It was time for a new toy.

• animexrwby

animexrwby Izac Neal

#33672398 - 7 months ago

In reply to user-59f4cc5dcb079 Is the huntress the serial killer or is that someone else?

BTW, I am thinking of changing around the poem.

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33672399 - 7 months ago

In reply to animexrwby

Nah man it's another guy who I'm gonna expand upon

Feel free to change up the poem, it is yours after all.

• animexrwby

animexrwby Izac Neal

#33672400 - 7 months ago

ok.

• animexrwby

animexrwby Izac Neal

#33672506 - 7 months ago

In reply to user-59f4cc5dcb079 I got the poem done. Hope its at least a little better.

"In the White Fang’s blood

My hands are cleansed

From innocents deceased

I will avenge.

To my mother and father,

Who I held so dear,

I will defeat the Grimm

I will avenge.

The Schnee will pay

In my time,

By my way.

I will avenge.

To right the wrongs,

I will return the debt,

In time,

I will pay."

If you like it better than the last one, then I must be a natural at poetry.

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33672653 - 7 months ago

In reply to animexrwby

This one is pretty good however I think you ought to change innocents gored. Gored is well, the act of bring impaled on a boars tusks. Thus I think it does not fit that well.

Aside from that little bit, the rest is very good, and I think I'll use it instead of the old one. You're good at this.

• animexrwby

animexrwby Izac Neal

#33672752 - 7 months ago

In reply to user-59f4cc5dcb079 I just have a gift to write I guess

• animexrwby

animexrwby Izac Neal

#33673050 - 7 months ago

In reply to user-59f4cc5dcb079 I changed the poem again