Forums > RWBY

Create your own RWBY Character! (newbies welcome)

Posts (160)

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33737863 - 5 months ago

In reply to RyuukoDawn My bios are always super long, haha.

• RyuukoDawn

RyuukoDawn

#33737910 - 5 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie I understand lol i need to get into the habit of writing longer for more detail descriptions 

• Jason_Tenjiro

Jason_Tenjiro

#33751983 - 3 weeks ago

Name: Icarus Athens

Race: Faunus

Trait: Feathered wings

Appearance: ragged black hair, and medium brown eyes. He wears a blue trench coat over a grey and blue combat suit, which hides his Faunus trait. He also has a visor that hides his face and can materialize when he presses a button. 

Bio: Icarus was born in Vale to a human father and Faunus mother. His father was a well known for making weapons and gagets, and had his own company for awhile. His mother was a teacher a Signal Academy, but died when Icarus was young for reasons he never knew or remembered. His father's company was eventually bought out by the Schnee Dust Company and the Atlas military. Icarus wanted to make sure that he and his father would live a decent life, and decided to become a Huntsman at Beacon.

Icarus enrolled into Beacon Academy at the same time as Team CFVY and was a member of a team known as SCIT (pronounced scythe). Icarus enjoyed his time at the Academy and eventually grew a crush on Velvet of CFVY. They went out for a few months but eventually broke up, for reasons that people are still curious about. He still was friends with Team CFVY, and heard all about their various missions and other friends. 

During the fall of Beacon, Icarus tried to help people get out while the White Fang, Grimm, and haywire Atlesian robots attacked. He tried to take on a group of robot soldiers by himself, including a Paladin, but had his wings shot, bringing him to the ground. He was heavily injured and blacked out during the rest of the invasion. When he awoke, he was told by doctors that his wings were heavily damaged and had to be removed. 

Icarus tried to live out his life without his wings, got a normal job, but he missed the action of being a Huntsman. His father saw this and wanted to make his son's wish come true. He tried to get Icarus to get back out in the world, but Icarus kept saying that it wouldn't be same, that a part of him was still missing. In one last attempt, his father went into his old workshop and built something for Icarus that he knew would make him feel whole again. He returned to his son with a mechanical wing frame, saying that the wings themselves were made of hard light dust. Icarus felt overjoyed, and asked his father to help put them on. Once he did, he trained to adjust to his new wings, then set out to Atlas. (Thanks to a possible tip from Goodwitch).

Weapons/Gear:

Sky Knight Wings- These were the wings that Icarus's father made after the fall of Beacon. The frame is made of a lightweight yet durable metal that can colapse on his back, making it easier to walk around. The frame creates a hard light set of wings that can be used for standard flying or gliding. They also come with various ranged weapons to be used in combat and can also attach to his arms when on the ground. 

Haven's Oath- A set of dual scimitars that can each use three forms of dust, held in the handle and changed by either hand gestures or vocal commands. They can also be combined to form a greatsword.

Nova visor- A tactical visor that Icarus created himself, it can materialize and de-materialize on command (if anyone's a Marvel fan, think Star-Lords helm/visor) The visor also contains a VI known as Nova, who helps control the Sky Knight wings, and calculates the probability of a plan working

Semblance: He absorbs the light of the sun/full moon and stores it until he releases it as energy blasts or shields. The amount of energy he uses depends on the intensity of an energy blast or the size of the shield (bigger shields/blasts take up more of his energy) Once the energy he has stored is depleted, he cannot use energy attacks or defenses again until his has absorb light for 12 hours. The light energy he stores cannot be from artificial sources and he cannot absorb energy while using it. (meaning if he has a shield up, he can't replenish the energy he uses instantly, he needs to stop using the energy to re-store it)

(Does this seem a little unbalanced or OP? I would love any feedback)

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33751988 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to Jason_Tenjiro I'm confused what is 'transformed' about him after he uses his semblance. From what I understand, he looks exactly the same, he can just use powerups now.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33752155 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to Jason_Tenjiro If he becomes light, isn't he intangible? That's a bit OP.

• Jason_Tenjiro

Jason_Tenjiro

#33752165 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

True, but the form only lasts for as long as he's absorbed light energy (If he's absorbed 24 hours worth of light, the form lasts for at most 24 hours, depending if he uses more energy for shields and energy blasts while transformed. Once he's run out, he can't transform until he's absorbed 12 hours worth of energy that has to be natural and not artificial. But I guess it still is a little OP, he could just be able to use blasts and shields if I need to knock it down a bit. Besides that, how's the character?

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33752189 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to Jason_Tenjiro I say get rid of the intangibility completely, and just leave it where he summons weapons and shields of light and that's it. Also, what color is his name and team name? You are aware of Monty's color rule, right?

• Jason_Tenjiro

Jason_Tenjiro

#33752705 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

I am aware of Monty's color rule, but I went for a more mythological approach with the character name. As for team name, I just randomly came up with it on the spot. Besides, I was unsure of how to approach this with the color rule mainly in mind. 

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33752719 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Jason_Tenjiro So...you knew about the rule but decided to ignore it? Or is there a color here I'm not seeing?