Forums > RWBY

RWBY VOLUME 6 IN DEPTH DISCUSSION THREAD (The waiting game begins

Posts (1755)

• boscocraftxd

boscocraftxd FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Negasonic teenage warhea

#33693816 - 7 months ago

Hello Everyone, and welcome to the Volume 6 Discussion page. Before we get into theorizing and discussing the show, allow me to lay down some ground rules

Think before you speak:

I'm not some Nazi who censors what people say, but please. Think about who you are talking to so we don't have petty arguments.

Lurking is okay

I do my fair share of lurking in forums. To me, it just shows that you are good at paying attention. So don't be afraid to be a lurker 

Don't be "that guy"

do I really need to go into detail? We are to discuss, and theorize, not trigger each other. So, please. Save the drama for your mama (not that she'd listen either....)

With Volume 5 coming to a close, and RTX Sydney on the horizon, I am excited to see what will happen next. With that said, LETS GET TO WORK PEOPLE!!!!

• acw28

acw28

#33693828 - 7 months ago

I predict we will all be excited in the beginning, grow bored during exposition in the middle, enjoy the great fights at the end, and then go crazy over analyzing a post credit scene.

• boscocraftxd

boscocraftxd FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Negasonic teenage warhea

#33693831 - 7 months ago

In reply to acw28

Probably, but this is RWBY we are talking about....

• notvai4

notvai4

#33693844 - 7 months ago

Not really enough to go on for any specifics, but I'm gonna guess Vacuo is the next destination, if for no other reason than to give a reason for Sun to still be sticking around.

• afrogamer23

afrogamer23

#33693846 - 7 months ago

More greatsword juane!!!!

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33693929 - 7 months ago

Ok, hopefully someone gives RT a few quick tips about the animation quality. I've got some advice to give, but honestly it's not essential.

• acw28

acw28

#33693936 - 7 months ago

So I know Chibi is starting up next week, but with RTX Sydney being next month do you think they might share some Volume 6 info/concept art, or is it too early?

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33693938 - 7 months ago

In reply to acw28

They might share some stuff but I think it might be too early.

Since usually it takes them a few months to do scripts as they have to create the first blush script then story board then back and forth on what can and can not be done or what might be possible but look bad vs good.

All in all Next month unless they have already started on the next season is probably too early outside of basic stuff.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33693949 - 7 months ago

In reply to acw28

Waaaaay to early there bud you'll probably gonna have to wait till Austin. I get the feeling Sydney's gonna have a lot more about Gen:Lock anyways, and maybe an early Chibi.

• acw28

acw28

#33693952 - 7 months ago

In reply to JROY

I will take that as well.

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33694024 - 7 months ago

In reply to notvai4

I think Atlas is next. They were building towards the problems in Atlas during the Mistral arc much like how Beacon built towards Haven with villains infiltrating and what not.

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33694027 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I wonder why they’re airing Chibi so soon. Granted, it’s not a terrible idea to keep on riding the thrill and success V5 has given us (no, the volume isn’t perfect but I think it’s easily my favorite now. V2 will always be a staple of RWBY at its best but I love how far the characters have come and the narrative has evolved).

I wonder if this is being done so that when Gen: Lock airs RT can focus on it as The Next Big Thing that way they don’t have to divide the year between RWBY and Gen: Lock. From the looks of things it’s going to be overshadowing RvB as the Big RT show likely also because it’s an IP they’ll have more creative control over. 

I’m excited, but when is it going to air again?

• drpainkiller

drpainkiller FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33694045 - 7 months ago

My guess is Vale is going to be V6 focus, take that back while salem is on the retreat after the failure of Haven

• boscocraftxd

#33694049 - 7 months ago

In reply to drpainkiller

That would be cool. The battle of beacon was lost... LET THE WAR FOR BEACON COMMENCE!!!!

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33694053 - 7 months ago

In reply to boscocraftxd

In reply to drpainkiller

I personally dont think so as Vale right now is stable from what I recall.

I think its going to be Atlas but I think they are going to be in Mistral for awhile as they need to fix a lot of things from leo and Cinder.

• drpainkiller

drpainkiller FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33694069 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja true, a stop by vale could also work

In reply to boscocraftxd MISSION FAILED, WE WILL GET THEM NEXT TIME!

• Masterweaver

Masterweaver FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Teller of Tales and Bard

#33694094 - 7 months ago

I'm still hoping for Raven the Headmaster. Long shot, but there.

More seriously, I'm suspecting that we're going to get a split between teams RWBY and JN(P)R, with a +1 or +2 to each as they head to Atlas and Vacuo separately. Meanwhile, everybody else left back in Anima becomes mission control slash politics. So we get three plotlines:

A: Atlas, where we deal with trying to accomplish something while trying to reconnect with people

B: Vacuo, where we find out a lot of old secrets and new ones as we travel a lawless wasteland

C: Mistral, where we see attempts to rebuild but also a lot of political maneuvering and scheming.

Three plots is slightly more manageable then the four plots of V4, especially if they're all connected by Salem's metaplot of 'manipulate everything and try to kill these kids'. The two overarching goals will be to (1) find the maidens and the relics and (2) restore the CCT, but I don't think those goals will be achieved as they're pushed to the side for each kingdom's personal issues (much to the frustration of our heroes, who are like 'guys we're trying to save the world here guys seriously guys!'). Part of the lesson will be how groups have to be made ready before they can be helpful.

• revanninja

#33694096 - 7 months ago

In reply to Masterweaver

I REALLY dont see them splitting the groups up any time soon after they got burned with Vol 4.

I can see them having JNPR RWBY doing one thing and from time to time popping in to say what is going on in Mistral if they split off the group.

But I think since they just put so much effort into reuniting everyone splitting them off is unlikely.

• drpainkiller

#33694104 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja i think RWBY+Qrow and JNR+ oscpin will go different ways

• revanninja

#33694105 - 7 months ago

In reply to drpainkiller

I dont think so.

And the reason for it is Oz is SUPER important. if You noticed Qrow this whole time has been throwing himself between Oz and Hazel.

Qrow splitting from Oz based on what we are seeing and how they are behaving doesnt make sense as far as I can see, mind you there might be something in the Finale that changes that view, so them splitting like that doesnt make sense.

Qrow and Oz will stick together based on that.

And based on what we know Qrow and Oz will stick with Ruby due to many reasons.

So that leaves JNPR by themselves a man down and going on for some reason.

So entirely based on what we currently know I cant see them splitting like that.

• tin-foilhat

#33694117 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I’d almost like to see RWBY, JNR, and Oscar leave one morning with only a note saying “farewell” to Qrow has karma for what the mechanisms he pulled on Ruby that separated her from her family.

I think their is going to be conflict between Ozpin and Oscar soon, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it causes Oscar and Ruby to runaway from the Wizard’s Wingman (pun intended) as is they can’t  trust Qrow because Raven has a point. Qrow is blinded by loyalty. 

But this would require a way for Oscar to stay in control over Ozpin. Now I can see Ozpin being suppressed for awhile I don’t see HOW they’d be able too so it’s likely not going to happen but I’m expecting the seeds of friction to be planted soon with JNPR and RWBY being the only ones who will stay together.

Hey, if Qrow’s alone he can chase after them and meet Winter along the way whom I’m sure is headed to Mistral once she got word from Klein about Weiss. They can have their rom-com road romance and conceive Whathername at some shady motel in between.

• revanninja

#33694120 - 7 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

That assumes they havent already,

I dont think there is going to be friction for Qrow.

Oz and Oscar though especially with the whole taking over yes I can see that but I dont think it will bleed over into Qrow.

Qrow is loyal but not heartless he is just in a REALLY bad spot choice wise.

And so far there hasnt been friction between Qrow and Ruby to cause that.

So I dont agree.

• tin-foilhat

#33694130 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja

You mean hooked up in a shady motel? I guess that means child services will be contacting Qrow soon.

• revanninja

#33694133 - 7 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

Child services?

If only Qrow was that lucky

c09914c26adf2bae7024abe0abb70515.jpg

• drpainkiller

#33694134 - 7 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat maybe oscars semblance can somehow block out ozpin when its unlocked