Forums > RWBY

RWBY VOLUME 6 IN DEPTH DISCUSSION THREAD| So that's how it is...

Posts (3927)

• dtmahanen

dtmahanen

#33744043 - 1 week ago

In reply to Rakolai

Yeah, if I remember correctly, they released an episode during Extra Life last year. Ninja'd, but just saying what I remember.

• user-5a98361f8663d

user-5a98361f8663d

#33744046 - 1 week ago

In reply to JROY

well i think the reason why is telling oz to tell them ever thing is that ever one's life's are on the line and those secrets will help them to know what are they up agents witch will increase there odd of surviving what ever is waiting for them.

also yang keeping quiet about Raven being a Maiden do's not directly effect them for ya knowing who is the spring maiden will be nice and all but do's that improve the odd of winning a fight?

• boscocraftxd

boscocraftxd 14th Xehanort Vessel

#33744050 - 1 week ago

In reply to user-5a98361f8663d

It possibly could... What happens if they decide to have ALL maidens in a fight? Cinder and Salem vs Raven, the winter maiden, and the summer maiden... Knowing who the spring maiden is would make that much easier...

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33744052 - 1 week ago

In reply to jVictor

Yang is likely getting tired of people making excuses for their poor decisions instead of taking responsibility. She's heard it from Raven and now she hearing it from Ozpin, the guy she defended from her. It's one thing for Ozpin to say "Okay my bad on not telling you about the relic being a Grimm magnet. Old habits." but it's another for him to say "I chose not to tell you because I don't trust you with information that can save your life. It's nothing personal I just don't trust people period."

Ozpin has valid reasons for his trust issues but when does this valid reason start becoming an excuse? What's stopping him from using that card again the next time he's confronted? He's made it clear to Team RWBY and Qrow that he doesn't trust any of them and yet expects them to follow is lead without question. I think Ozpin doesn't understand (or forgot) that trust is a two way street.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33744063 - 1 week ago

They're Baaaaaack!!!

...goddammit image won't show!!!

• dtmahanen

dtmahanen

#33744069 - 1 week ago

In reply to JROY

Wait, who's back?

Back again?

Is Shady back?

Do I need to tell a friend?

• jVictor

jVictor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33744070 - 1 week ago

In reply to JROY

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

Like I said before, I think the thing that set Yang off was Oz being caught in a bold-faced lie. She seemed to understand that Oz couldn't tell them everything (even though it frustrated her), but Jinn revealing that she could answer two questions (when Oz explicitly told them all the questions were expended) was the straw that broke the camel's back. She's mad and frustrated, and her uncle is still trying to defend him, so the gauntlets are coming out. It's definitely a knee-jerk reaction, but it's one that makes sense for the situation and her character.

But I also want to call more attention to what Qrow must be thinking at this point. He had a look of utter disbelief when Jinn revealed the truth. Qrow had a positive relationship with Ozpin, and he's been Ozpin's agent for a long time. Qrow understood that a lot of information was on a need-to-know basis, and that it was for the greater good in the grand scheme of things. Qrow likely believed that the kids were overreacting to Ozpin keeping his secrets because they simply didn't know Ozpin like Qrow did. But based on the look on his face, this was the first time Ozpin lied to him. Suddenly, Qrow finds himself doubting his earlier defending of Oz. Maybe the kids' doubts weren't simply an overreaction. Maybe Ozpin really was hiding something dirty. You can see him doing the math when Weiss had Myrtenaster at his chest. He was conditioned to try and defend Oz or at least give him the benefit of the doubt, but when weapons were drawn you could see him asking "Has it really gotten this bad?" Qrow's beginning to see that maybe his faith in Ozpin has skewed his outlook. Hence, he defers to Ruby, the one who's managed to keep a somewhat level head in all of this. Qrow stops defending Ozpin and opts to trust his niece, which I think is kind of a big deal.

• acw28

acw28

#33744072 - 1 week ago

In reply to JROY

link the URL!!! I must know who's back!!!

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33744073 - 1 week ago

https://pm1.narvii.com/6558/e632c8d158f74ee56a74375a39a82ee66b2a7205_hq.jpg

https://pm1.narvii.com/6558/a26b497473fddc5acab219706bbae5ea272f3923_hq.jpg

https://66.media.tumblr.com/15ef52f7691ea1caf92f549eb63046f1/tumblr_inline_ou84jwIVwf1u6sqhk_540.png

https://pm1.narvii.com/6654/b081f6e822be2532f245ad381deb587ac1a31e20_hq.jpg

I still wish some fans will make a game of this crossover...

Hell I’d be fine if it’s just a reskin of the games with fan dubbed lines, Ruby as Sora, Weiss as Donald, Yang as Goofy, Blake as Riku, Oscar as Kairi, etc.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33744074 - 1 week ago

In reply to acw28

In reply to dtmahanen

N7 Brandons character charts are back.

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33744099 - 1 week ago

In reply to JROY

Like you said, JROY, he's back.

https://roosterteeth.com/forum...

Good stuff.

grin

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33744119 - 1 week ago

In reply to jVictor

Ozpin revealing his lack of trust in humanity and the people that follow him will be hitting Qrow the hardest because he's known and worked with Oz longer than RWBY and JNR. 

How many times has Qrow defended Ozpin in the past? How many friendships were broken because he chose Ozpin's words over theirs? Looking back on it, Raven seemed hurt when Qrow chose to follow Ozpin ("Sorry, brother. I guess family disappoints you. Qrow: "Were not family anymore." Raven: "Were we ever?")

Qrow has dedicated his life to Ozpin's mission and now he's basically being told that the sacrifices he's made for him were all for nothing. 

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33744123 - 1 week ago

Or you know Qrow is okay with this.

Keep in mind Qrow may actually be aware that Ozpin keeps a LOT back and cant trust people. His sister is a good personal example of WHY Ozpin cant really trust anyone fully. 

Qrow maybe FULLY aware of what Ozpin is doing on the trust level and may in fact agree with him.

People are using his expression when all the magic goes down but we dont know if Qrow ever saw any magic especially not God tier level like Jinn is.

So he might be shocked and awed by it instead of the actual events.

As well as the girls complete and UTTER lack of faith in Ozpin.

Keep in mind they dont trust Ozpin and have made that super clear multiple times and hold Ozpin to levels of clarity they themselves dont uphold if Yang didnt tell them about Raven being Spring.

Every time Ozpin has tried to explain his countless generation long life span they have taken it badly. A perfect example is the issue with leo which they see issue with while Ozpin sees it as another turn of the wheel something he has lived through many times and will live through more times.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33744126 - 1 week ago

Also something else to keep in mind Ozpin may not have lied about the questions at all.

Ozpin has admitted he is ignorant about stuff such as the pull of the relic which if he knew how that worked there is no way he would allow it to do it.

So Ozpin doesnt know all the things.

Now I have compared the relic to Mobile games which have an energy limit that recharges with time.

It is roughly for most games every 5 minutes is one unit of energy or 12 units for an hour.

Once you hit your Energy cap you dont gain any more energy.

If the relic works on like ideas every 100 years you get 3 questions but it might be a question recharges after X many years.

But Ozpin doesnt know that so he thinks its once its a 100 years new set of questions.

That said based on how Ozpin acted he probably did know the questions are there.

But I would like to point out there is the chance that Ozpin didnt lie.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33744134 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to revanninja

I don't think Jinn recharges like that. When she's describing her powers she specifically says "I can answer three questions every one hundred years [and] I still have two questions this era". The specific use of the word "era" suggests that it's a hard cycle, not a gradual one.

Additionally, Oz makes it pretty clear he knows she still has those two questions when he tries to interrupt her introduction. I can't really give him the benefit of the doubt on the "he didn't know the Relic was still usable" front. That said, I can understand why he doesn't want to share his past. We've all had moments we aren't proud of and don't want to talk about, and sometimes it's best to let old ghosts rest. Qrow in particular can probably sympathize with having a past that you'd rather keep hidden, and I wouldn't be surprised if he makes peace with Oz pretty quickly once he gets over the initial shock of whatever the revelation is, assuming it even really shakes him up to begin with.

Still, lying to them about the Relic and then trying so aggressively to stop them from using it were likely poor choices. There are going to be consequences, and Oz was at fault there.

• revanninja

#33744135 - 1 week ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

I am going to disagree on that.

It was pretty clear the girls were making this an issue when it didnt need to be. He asked for it back and then they started to fight back against him and it escalated and this isnt the first time either.

Yang has been LOOKING for a reason to fight Ozpin.

We need to be careful about taking the words literal we know so little about how Jinn works that it might be a case where we see and read it in a meaning they arent meaning like with Aura. 

Also Era isnt a century its a fixed point in time which years are figured from.

Era can also mean an event so she might be saying at this moment in time I still have 2 questions instead of this cycle she still has 2 questions left.

Because Jinn has the ability to see the past she may only have a loose grasp of time in relation to things. So to her, her times used might actually be her measurements of time.

As for Oz that doesnt mean anything. Oz has used Jinn in the past and probably knows what it looks like when she can answer questions vs cant. He knows the cues so as soon as he sees it he knows she can answer without her saying anything.

As for his past yeah I doubt this is going to be pretty even if Ozpin isnt at fault just from the little we have already gathered.

• acw28

acw28

#33744139 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja

So, here's what I've been able to piece together, and it doesn't look good for Ozpin. It seems after the crash Ruby finds the relic and innocently asks what's it matter who holds it, especially since it's pretty much a paperweight. It's Ozpin's reaction that starts the chain of dominoes. I don't think Ruby or Yang had any malicious intentions at this time, but Ozpin's frustration and paranoia tips his hand to Oscar (which now I'm starting to wonder who'll remain I'm the end, Ozpin or Oscar). At this point we get the reveal that Jinn can still answer two questions, so it's a natural assumption that Ozpin has already used a "wish" and is lying to protect himself. Him rushing at Ruby really only cements this.

• revanninja

#33744143 - 1 week ago

In reply to acw28

No that isnt how it goes at all.

So what actually happens is they are riled up because of the whole the relic gives off a faint signal that the grimm can feel Ozpin doesnt know how it works it just does and since they cant do anything about it he decided not to tell them to prevent their emotions from going haywire over it attraching more grimm.

They then get mad at this and tell him he can trust them which he responds dont you think Leo, who they just got talking about remembering him for all his good instead of his final year mistakes while not excusing it, said as much.

Ozpin flat out says he has his reasons he has been betrayed before. Ruby then asks him if all the trust was just for other people which Ozpin responds no he didnt mean that.

THEN he realizes the relic isnt on him and when he asks Ruby then shows it.

He asks for it back which Yang heatedly responded why does it matter which he says its his burden to bare.

As things get tense Oscar intervenes and tells them about Jinn and how Oz is trying to stop them from finding out what he is hiding.

Then they call out Jinn which Ozpin is 100% freaking out about this and trying to get them to stop.

When qrow goes Hey not even harshly or anything just trying to get their attention they DRAW WEAPONS on him. Which qrow says do what you feel is right kiddo.

Ruby asks Jinn THEN Ozpin rushes her clearly trying to stop her.

Whatever this secret is Ozpin doesnt want them to find out and I imagine its a HUGE shame to him. We know via the preview ALL humans had magic now suddenly they dont.

I think this is related what Ozpin is ashamed of.

I think he did what at the time he thought was right but has hurt and maimed so many people all he can do is weep in shame over his mistake meant in full goodness.

And Salem dont forget wants to destroy all humans she wants to kill them so I think this is a case where they are trying to make us think Ozpin isnt good when the truth is Ozpin screwed up BADLY but was never evil.

But no this is one of those things its EASY to see it as not good for Ozpin but if you take a step back and look its not so one sided as people want to believe.

Everyone has been trying to pain Oz as evil and incomptent since the early days. RT is playing with that because people WANT to think Badly of him despite the mountain of evidence that says Ozpin is a flawed but ultimately a good man.

• acw28

acw28

#33744145 - 1 week ago

Okay, I haven't seen the episode, so I can't speak for tone, but could Yang's question seem "heated" because everyone was still stressed about the trainwreck, not necessarily at Ozpin himself? And as far as the question, I see it as "what does it who carries the Grimm attracting object if we're traveling as a group?

As far as Salem being evil, yeah I'm not disputing that. What I think is going to happen is that the main cast get tired of Ozpin's methods. They see him as having countless lifetimes to stop Salem yet has repeatedly failed (it almost looks more like he isn't trying to win against Salem, just contain her influence...yep my new nickname for Ozpin is now Chamberlain). Yes Ozpin knows Salem, but she knows him, they know each other's tactics, so now it might be time for someone else to call the shots and form a new strategy.

As far as Qrow goes, if that's how it played out I completely agree with you.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33744146 - 1 week ago

I had a thought. What if the Relic at Beacon is under the statue in the courtyard? 

• acw28

acw28

#33744147 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Where would the mechanism for the elevator be at?

• revanninja

#33744148 - 1 week ago

In reply to acw28

As someone who HAS seen the episode no on both parts.

Yang was mad at Ozpin and looking for a fight. She was angry over the relic and then when Ozpin gave legit reasons WHY her DEMAND of him being open and honest doesnt work and he has history of it not working and turning around and biting him which Leo and Raven are the 2 most reccent examples of.

And Yang KNOWS it.

And your new name shows how much you dont get it. So dont use it because it fails on so many levels.

Okay?

ozpin 100% has been fighting Salem the issue is Salem doesnt stick to the same patterns she learns and adapts and Ozpin who is worried about her AND protecting humans which he has issues with due to betrayal or other things.

Ozpin is fighting a constantly evolving war against Salem sometimes he does well other times like now he doesnt.

So no someone else calling the shots will fail because Salem is immortal from what we understand and has a LOOONG time to work out her tactics. 

Another person will be playing catch up heavily.

Ozpin HAS surprised her. When Salem asked if Cinder killed him she flat out said what is he up to. 

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33744161 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja

My main problem with Ozpin right now is that he explicitly said no more lies, and then lied. And I'm one of those people who's usually defending him. Regardless of his motives lying about something so big after he just swore he wasn't going to lie was a bad call, because if he gets found out he's in exactly the position he's currently in. The sheer potential for it to blow up in his face should have been enough to make him realize it was a bad idea.

• revanninja

#33744162 - 1 week ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

Or him NOT lying was the bigger deal.

Keep in mind we dont know all the details dont know his motives or reasoning.

For example let us say he tells them and they waste the questions. When he has plans for those questions that are actually important for concepts he knows but RWBY isnt aware of just yet. Say what he can do to restore magic as an example.

He could also be waiting to use the questions when he has more information to ask the RIGHT questions. 

There is so many ways this can go and we know Ozpin has been down this route and it has bitten him HARD in the butt.

• ZanyGamer196

ZanyGamer196 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33744176 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja

And what if it's his lack of being honest and open that leads people to betray him?  Heck that's why Ironwood lost faith in him, and possibly Raven as well.  And they're only two of the people who lost faith in him, yet he does not change his approach.  Heck he even goes so far as to defend his approach, as he did in the last episode, even though said approach is starting to backfire on him.

From what I've seen, Ozpin seems to be trapped in a vicious cycle.  He doesn't give his allies the same trust he demands of them.  And when they betray him he becomes even more distrustful and secretive.  It all seems to stem back from what happened in the Age of Magic that Jinn's about to tell in the next episode.  Hoboy, the fallout from that is bound to intense, and then some.  Can't wait.

In reply to acw28

A place where only Ozpin knows, hence why he threw the fight against Cinder so she'd never know where the Relic was actually stored.  Something like this anyway.