Forums > RWBY

RWBY VOLUME 6 IN DEPTH DISCUSSION THREAD| That's all she wrote.

Posts (6664)

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33744213 - 4 months ago

In reply to revanninja

The god of darkness being the one to destroy the moon was something I ‘knew’ but didn’t know. Had to be him or Salem.

• 4654ryan

4654ryan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33744214 - 4 months ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

I admit the parallels between Jaune and Salem grew in the episode as the 4 children were a nice nod. they had magic so they could have survived the fight. Some have drawn parallels between the maidens and the children. One of them had dark blue eyes and blond hair. Jaune's large aura could be because his ancestors wielded magic. Anyone else fail to see how the SEW fit into this fable. It is worth noting one of the children had silver eyes as well. None of Oz's past lives appeared to be the king of vale. Anyone else curious what his staff does. So the relics are a sword, a spear, a lamp and a crown.

• CarryOn88

CarryOn88

#33744215 - 4 months ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

Yeah I mean that would litteraly be masterful move, I mean with all this hearts of men are easily swayed line it is possible. But the problem is that Pyrrha was killed by Cinder who was working for Salem unlike first Ozpin who simply died due to illness. 

While Salem decided to vent her anger on the world, in that case she's indirectly responsible for her death so Jaune joining Salem is unlikely.

In reply to revanninja

Now that you mention it he did take closer look at Jaune before deeming him interesting 

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33744216 - 4 months ago

In reply to CarryOn88

True. But if Cinder continues to fail her, Salem wouldn’t have use for her. And if Jaune IS somehow linked to her in that way, I can easily see her manipulating him.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33744217 - 4 months ago

In reply to CarryOn88

It depends on how she spins it and what she wants in return for doing that.

From my phone 

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33744218 - 4 months ago

haha so many people are calling Jaune line after this episode.

From my phone 

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33744219 - 4 months ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osDOGP-iljY

You guys really need to watch this video. He makes an analysis none of us have done

• CarryOn88

CarryOn88

#33744220 - 4 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01 

He says nothing that wasn't already said. Now the question remains if that is true

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33744221 - 4 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I wonder if Dust isn't "fossilized magic" in a sense. When the Dark God first did his massive blast, I assumed he had just stripped away humanity's ability to use magic, but since that wasn't the case, what happened to the magic? Energy cannot be created or destroyed, only changed, so unless the gods took the magic with them it's still around in some form. Given that Oz, Salem, and the Maidens still have magic it's unlikely that it was removed from the world, so I think Dust is magic's new form, what became of it after it was separated from humanity.

• novusdawn

novusdawn FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Xenos need not apply

#33744222 - 4 months ago

Well... Fuck. That was an episode and a half. So Salem got humanity noah'ed but in a much more efficient manner and I would have to agree with what someone said that Dust is all that is left of those humans.

I'm positive Jaune is the descendant of Salem and Ozpin.

This also makes it clear that it IS possible to bring a person back to life, just not that it is looked favorably upon by the gods. It is obviously going to play into the story and does give Jaune a reason to maybe go to the dark side but I actually doubt it. The Brother of light said that 'life and death are a delicate balance', my guess is that Jaune will try and trade his life so that Pyrrha can come back because it would fit his character. He sees her death as his fault because he was too weak and that the world is better of with Pyrrha and not him (something a lot of Jaune haters will cheer about if it comes into play.)

So one prediction is that Jaune will be confirmed as the descendant of Salem and Ozma. Salem will try and twist Jaune to her side promising Pyrrha brought back to life. on if he turns to her side I am split so I can't really make a call. However, at some point the brother's WILL be summoned back and Jaune will play a pretty big role in humanities fate (Suck it haters) and will ask the brother's to bring Pyrrha back but to keep the balance will offer his life instead. Then, something really mushy, corny, and tropey will happen like Salem realising her errors and for the life of her descendants and their happiness will offer her life instead.

Now this seems the obvious path so I will also postulate that the writers will go "NOPE, SUCK IT FUCKERS, NO HAPPILY EVER AFTER PYRRHA DOESN'T COME BACK. DOESN'T THAT MAKE US EDGY AND COOL?! DOESN'T IT?!" 

Given that RWBY  is basically a modern fairytale either ending is pretty likely. The reason being that old school fables were DARK AS FUCK so I wouldn't put it past the writers to try and emulate those darker stories that usually had a dark and/or bittersweet ending. That being said, more modern spins on those older tales have a much happier ending which is now an accepted way to write a story hence "happily ever after." So really this lore bomb basically turns the ending of RWBY into a bit of a binary chance of 'dark' or 'happy' ending. 

Honestly I WANT the happily ever after because I fucking hate bittersweet or unhappy endings, mostly due to my nihilistic and pessimistic outlook on life where a story is literally sometimes the only way I find even a fraction of a moment of 'happiness' in my otherwise depressed and fucking bleak life where all things end up being shit. So BECAUSE of my fucking sucky and shit life where the world seems to reveal in my continued suffering and drowning me in endless depression the writers will choose to go "DURRRRRRR, BITTERSWEET ENDS R KEWL AND MAKE US EDGY, PYRRHA STAYS DEAD!"

Now if the writers don't go with either of those routes and actually give us a third option I will be legitimately impressed but given their past track record it doesn't look good since they fucking fridged Pyrrha in the first place to get us to this.

• novusdawn

novusdawn FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Xenos need not apply

#33744223 - 4 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Honestly can you blame us? It gives the writers WAY too interesting a way to keep Jaune's character relevant in the story. Almost to the point it being laughably bad at how predictable it is. That and the writers were about as subtle at driving that point home as a sledgehammer to the forehead.

• SaberWulf

SaberWulf

#33744224 - 4 months ago

I was going to wait for the episode but fuck it, I read the spoilers.

I fucking called it. Ozpin didn’t do a damn thing and Salem was always the problem. Goodie. The question WAS a waste, but Im sure Ruby and gang won’t give a damn about that. And yes I AM laughing like I said I would.

Moving on, if Jaune is a descendant of Salem and she figures that out, assuming she hasn’t already, him turning to her side to save Pyrrha is very plausible and is something I DO hope they have happen. Be a nice change of pace

• 4654ryan

4654ryan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33744225 - 4 months ago

Main points I got from episode.

Humanity used to be much stronger. Salem is responsible for setting it back thousands of years. Salem cannot 

die until she learns the value of life and death. 

die until she learns the value of life and death. 

God of dark is not like by God of light. he is impulsive and gave Oz mar life again. 

Ozpin was tasked with guiding humanity and calling gods to judge them. 

Salem used to be know as the witch. 

Ozpin and Salem did indeed have kids, 4 daughters (maiden parallel). All blond, eldest dark brown eyes, next green brown, next dark blue and youngest silver eyes. possible Jaune and SEW connections. 

hint that the staff is somehow connected to finding the relics.

Development of relationship between Ozpins souls. 

• 4654ryan

#33744226 - 4 months ago

In reply to SaberWulf

I don't think they will go after Ozpin because they will recognize all he has been through. I think Oz partly blames himself for siding with Salem and for being part of the reason for the original destruction of humanity. I can definitely see Jaune and Cinder swapping sides.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33744227 - 4 months ago

In reply to novusdawn

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Salem's way past seeing the error of her ways. You don't shift multiple life-times of obsession with one touching moment.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33744229 - 4 months ago

Sooo....the whole Pyrrha's body argument took a nose dive in this episode. also wouldnt it have been hilarious if the gods kept killing and ressurecting Ozma while they were arguing.

• Ace-of-Rogues

#33744230 - 4 months ago

In reply to JROY

Not for Ozma.

• novusdawn

#33744231 - 4 months ago

In reply to JROY

That would have been a little too levity orientated in what was supposed to be a serious and tragic tale. It would have killed the mood and taken away a lot of the stories power.

• CarryOn88

CarryOn88

#33744233 - 4 months ago

In reply to 4654ryan

Maybe Jaune but Cinder? nah she would more likely go independent than join Ozpin and even if she tried the rest would not agree

In reply to novusdawn 

unless they would show it as traumatic moment for Ozma, it would also show how little the gods value human life 

• novusdawn

#33744234 - 4 months ago

I actually want to call bullshit on the whole "life and death are a delicate balance" crap the god of Light spouted. If it was then why the fuck was it OK for them to obliterate THE ENTIRE FUCKING HUMAN RACE because of something THEY basically make happen?! How does THAT balance out you fucker?! This is why I am an atheist, gods are fucking self righteous hypocritical assholes who nuke an entire sentient species when it doesn't pan out the way they want. Fuck those assholes. Seriously, they gave humanity the ability to make choices and be fallible, which the gods here are shown also to be mind you, and then the humans FAIL at following THE GODS RULES, which even THEY DON'T follow completely, they then get pissy and nuke their creations because "they didn't turn out they way they wanted". Fuck gods and their mighty-er than thou attitude. Seriously, they give a species sentience and when it turns against the 'almighty beings' they blame the species fallibility and decide to universally ax the entire species?! thats call GENOCIDE FUCKERS! AND WE HUMANS TEND TO LOOK DOWN ON THAT SORT OF SHIT! 

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33744235 - 4 months ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

In reply to novusdawn

Nah i was just being funny there. Me and my brother are actually thinking of doing that as a parody 

• CarryOn88

CarryOn88

#33744236 - 4 months ago

In reply to novusdawn

Well Salem said that they weren't infallible also they called Human's an experiment so yeah...

• 4654ryan

#33744237 - 4 months ago

In reply to novusdawn

That got religious real fast.

• novusdawn

#33744238 - 4 months ago

In reply to 4654ryan

They brought in gods and their fucking hissy fit of a reaction when things don't go the way they want and you DIDN'T think it wouldn't get religious?

• boscocraftxd

boscocraftxd 14th Xehanort Vessel

#33744239 - 4 months ago

So, here is my crackpot for the end game.

Based off of the conflict that is how spelled out by this episode, Ozma and Salem will once again fight. Only this time, Humanity will be against Salem. Amongst the chaos and destruction, she will have a Thorin moment and come to her senses, and the curse will break.

Once that happens, a nice sword to the chest would be nice. Then, Ozma  will be allowed to rest. Humanity will be judged, and the gods will return to remnant... Either that, or they nuke everything.