Forums > RWBY

RWBY VOLUME 6 IN DEPTH DISCUSSION THREAD| That's all she wrote.

Posts (6585)

• CarryOn88

CarryOn88

#33747169 - 2 months ago

The episode was nice the fight was awesome but what bugs me if Maria was so famous ect ect wouldn't it take more to take her out of commission then few mercs? I mean Qrow made her his role model (sick burn btw) and if she was all that the fact that she got rekt by 4 people is slightly inconsistent with narrative.

As for Argus I was hoping for more Greek-theme city as the name suggested not a San Francisco copy. Which makes me doubt that we will see any Pyrrha connection as we're leaving Mistral and that's the last moment for RT to throw that in.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33747170 - 2 months ago

In reply to Nesto55

What was disappointing? I liked it; it had a nice bit of exposition, developed Maria a bit, and then we got to have some fun again. There was nothing mind-blowing or amazing, but I thought it was an over-all good episode.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33747171 - 2 months ago

In reply to CarryOn88

The irish girl her semblance seemed to be a high use aura draining invincible ability. So Maria during that 60 seconds couldnt hurt her at all. 

Also she is called the grimm hunter meaning she goes after grimm not people. And this group was specifically picked to take her out. They also hit her after she took care of a major Nevermore.

In Real Life this is actually accurate they got her when she wasnt fresh, with a team designed around taking her out and her biggest weapon doesnt work on humans.

And we have seen MAIDENS taken out under the same set of circumstances.

So not inconsistent at all. Actually VERY consistent showing that no matter how strong you are there are limits especially when you are alone and facing a group.

Groups helping each other is a major theme of RWBY after all

Just because its not greek themed doesnt mean anything to be honest. We will have to wait and see.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33747172 - 2 months ago

In reply to CarryOn88

a) The leader, the croc faunus, had a Semblance that seemed to give her a major boost for one minute, which helps explain why she could overpower Maria

b) If using Silver Eyes is draining then they had her at a disadvantage from the start

c) Numbers do tell and she was outnumbered four to one, and even then they only barely got her and none lived to tell about it.

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33747173 - 2 months ago

In reply to CarryOn88

I don't think they were just mercs. Not Tock at least. I think Tock was part of an earlier iteration of Salem's cabal. Probably Tyrian's predecessor.

• Nesto55

Nesto55

#33747174 - 2 months ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

it felt like a filler tbh.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33747175 - 2 months ago

In reply to Nesto55

Really wasnt.

Filler means an episode that has no weight to the plot and if did or didnt happen nothing matters.

This clearly matters as it gave us info about Salem hunting Se

It gave us the new town as well as Arc family lore which people WANT Tumblr is going nuts over it.

And it also set up the next major issue getting into the base.

Plus Cinder and Neo.

• KeybladeQueen

KeybladeQueen FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33747176 - 2 months ago

Really loved this episode. I was starting to think the whole volume might be just them travelling to Argus and we wouldn't see JNR again til next volume.

I definitely think Neo is plotting something otherwise things are working out far too well for Cinder.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33747177 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja pregnancy via doner or artificial womb perhaps?

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33747178 - 2 months ago

In reply to Nesto55

People keep using that word. I don't think it means what they think it means.

• revanninja

#33747179 - 2 months ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe

Or she had a husband or male lover before Saphron.

Adrian doesnt look that old so if she did have a male lover what ever happened to him death,walk out, or something else happened probably early into the pregnancy.

But honestly my guess is via doner. Its not that hard in our world as is.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33747180 - 2 months ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues I couldn't agree more.

In reply to Nesto55 What rouge said, not every episode is going to be packed with explosions, chase scenes and epic showdowns, there's always going to be times when the characters needs a breather as well as some development, not be on constant guard 24/7 that's just not healthy for anyone, fictional or otherwise.

• Ace-of-Rogues

#33747181 - 2 months ago

In reply to VoshTheStampede

But that would be absolutely, totally, and in all other ways inconceivable!

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33747182 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja 20 bucks say watts had a hand in the whole fritzy comm tower.

• M-Watcher

M-Watcher FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33747183 - 2 months ago

Funny thought, I know at least a few people were thinking Maria was like a grandparent to Ruby, even though that was a highly unlikely as is, but, there is a "grandparent" element to her.

Qrow based his weapon on her weapons, and Ruby based her weapon off of his. Maria's sickles are the "grandparents" to Ruby's weapon.

• revanninja

#33747184 - 2 months ago

So I am just laughing because literally everything I thought of for the double scythe concept I thought up back when Xenoblade 2 came out because I 100% based it on Roc's scythes came true for Maria's weapons.

The only one exception to it was I also included the joint scythe of Darksiders 2 Death has where one blade increases while the other shrunk. 

I also didnt think up Maria's magnetized weapons either. But shooting it like she did the way the gun is used to speed the scythes? All of that I had in mind.

I am just highly amused at that to be honest because I didnt do anything with the design since I thought it would be impractical.

Shows what I know RWBY came up with the same idea and made it so much better then what I was thinking.

• Ace-of-Rogues

#33747185 - 2 months ago

You have a talking $20 bill? Or do you have several smaller bills that all talk?

• revanninja

#33747186 - 2 months ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

I mean didnt Ruby track through the lost jungles of Aron to find the legendary pancake mix to fix Nora's hunger that no one ever speaks about references or show skills they learned along the way?

Sucker's bet

In reply to M-Watcher

uhuh I guess you can look at it like that though I am not sure as Qrow just based his on stories and not meeting her.

A little bit of a stretch I feel.

• dtmahanen

dtmahanen

#33747187 - 2 months ago

Okay, I finally gave in and signed up for VRV, so I can finally really contribute to these discussions! First thing's first, I'm SUPER glad that they made it to Argus and reunited with JNR by the halfway mark. I was a little worried about that, and I'm happy that they're likely gonna stay together for the duration.

Also, that crocodile faunus design was super cool, and the fight with the Nevermore and the mercs was pretty fun.

And I don't think that alliance between Cinder and Neo is lasting the season. Calling it now.

• giubba

giubba FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33747188 - 2 months ago

Ok considering what happened to Maria we now know what could had probably happened to ruby's mom and now the question linger:

1)How much until she realize it?

2)What the chance that she's gonna go berserk and enter a murder spree against Neo and Cinder?

• acw28

acw28

#33747189 - 2 months ago

So after reading everyone's comments I can't wait to see the episode next week, especially since I turned out to be right about something...although now I've got to go back to the drawing board for several of my fanfics with the info dump about Jaune's family.

• dtmahanen

dtmahanen

#33747192 - 2 months ago

Also, can we just talk about the fact that Maria's eye's were SLASHED OUT? And we SAW THE BLOOD? That's pretty damn gruesome, if you ask me.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33747193 - 2 months ago

My thoughts on Episode 7:

First, I think it was pretty obvious that Cinder was going to convince Neo that she should be the one who should kill Ruby and Neo seems to be VERY eager to do so, although technically it was the Griffin that killed Roman, but Neo doesn't know that so.... Uh oh.

Next, I thought it was kind of redundant for someone to have the nickname "Grimm Reaper", but seeing as how she had the skull mask, the awesome scythe and powers many can't explain, it's a good fit for someone like that. It was our first time seeing a crocodile faunas, which I think she looked very creepy. I think it was pretty clear that Salem could be the master she was talking about. This could be during the age when Salem wanted to hunt down all those who had Silver Eyes. I feel really sorry for Maria for losing her powers and I can't blame her for quitting and going into hiding. I was really surprised to here that SHE was Qrows idol and he based her weapon on her. She must have been a very skilled and heroic huntress to be considered a legend. It would be great for Maria to teach Ruby how to use her Silver Eyes.

Next, it's kinda mean for Jaunes picture to say "Vomit Boy" on her scroll, but I know she's just kidding. I must say, it really warmed my heart to see that everyone cares about each other so much that they all hug each other at their reunion. I shed a tear or two at that. Nora hugs Oscar, Ren hugs Yang, Blake hugs Jaune, (which is the best interaction we'vw seen Blake have with anyone in JNR), Jaune is the first one Weiss greets and Ruby and Jaune share the most tender reunion with Jaune with Jaune shedding a tear.

I was expecting Argus to look Greek-themed or something, but it looks just like downtown San Francisco instead, which makes it SO much better with the street cars and houses and businesses scrolling up and down hill. I think it's beautiful. It was nice to see JNR have all the knowledge and explain something for a change.

Then, FINALLY!!!! YES!! We finally meet someone from Jaunes family! His older sister Saphron. And not only did we meet one of his seven sisters, but we also meet his baby nephew, Adrian. That's right! Jaune is an uncle!! How awesome is that?! After arriving at Saphrons house, Yang and Weiss are all goo-goo eyed over Adrian, Saphron is teasing her LITTLE brother and we see a photo of all the Arc siblings. We've got the goofy twins, the smart one with the glasses, the tomboy with short hair and the missing tooth, the casual one who lies upside down in the photo, the one who looks the most normal, the eldest who stands in the back and of course poor Jaune with pig tails, holding a sign that says "HELP" and looks like he wants to be anywhere but there. That was funny!! It's hard to tell which one is Saphron, but seeing as how she has dark blond hair and only one of the sisters in the same, I'm guessing that's her. Plus, I think it's safe to assume that Jaune could be the youngest of them all unless one of them is younger.

But most surprising of all, was meeting his sisters wife!! Yep, her WIFE!!! Jaunes sister is a full blown LGBQT!! I know that Ilia is the first we've meet, but this is the first full blown gay couple in the show. I'm sure many fans are happy about this, I know I am. Her name is Terra Cotta Arc. Yep. Terra Cotta, she's named after the hand made pottery. She works at the towns radio tower and is one of the people who runs it. Both of them seem very happy with their child. 

This is now my favorite episode of the the season AND the show. So far, anyway.

Theory on episode 8:

Finding out why no one is allowed in the tower, they'll discuss how they can get to Atlus, RWBY informing JNR on everything about Salem and Ozpin and more on Jaunes background.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33747195 - 2 months ago

Okay, now comes the theory about Saphron and her family. Now, Jaunes sister is the first official LGBQT in the show to be in a relationship and have a child. That begs the question: How is she related to the child? 

Option 1: Terra could have had Adrian already from a previous marriage and Saphron is his stepmother

Option 2: Terra and Saphron could have adopted him

Option 3: Saphron and Terra did the surrogate thing

I think it could be the adoption thing, but I'd like to here what you guys think

• ZanyGamer196

ZanyGamer196 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33747196 - 2 months ago

My thoughts on Episode 7:

Wow, so Cinder's actually gonna try to get into Atlas, she's definitely audacious enough.  And she's instructing Neo to kill Ruby so she can't be held accountable, wow she actually thinks she can put one over on Salem.  But she's definitely going to try.

And loved the fight between Maria and that Alpha Nevermore, and then Tock and her fun friends.  But man, to think she lost her will to fight after that, tragic.  I can imagine she believed Salem would send another to take her out if she learned Maria was still alive.  So she had a very good reason to fear Salem, makes Raven's case look even weaker.

And we finally see Argus, YAY!  And meet Jaune's sister Saphron, nice. ^_^  And now we see where the extra LGBT content is, and people were hoping for Bumblebee confirmation. I chuckle.

But man, no luck getting into the Atlas base, yet.

Overall, very good episode to end the halfway point of the season.  Now I doubt they're gonna be pinned down for three weeks so Cinder can catch up.  And since they're inside Argus, it'll be harder for Adam and Salem's Faction  to reach them.  So they're safe, for now.

My prediction, Oscar tries emulating Ozpin in order to get inside the base and speak to Ironwood, which is probably destined to fail but the attempt is bound to be hilarious.  Can't wait. ^_^