Forums > RWBY

RWBY VOLUME 6 IN DEPTH DISCUSSION THREAD| That's all she wrote.

Posts (6889)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33750427 - 5 months ago

In reply to emilyblack

The thing is the plan actually WAS working.

Adam a force they didnt know about and we the audience didnt know about as his few "appearances" looked like them having flashbacks instead of real things.

Adam was something they literally couldnt account for.

They knew it was a risk but it was a risk they had to take.

Make no mistake even though I say this has a good chance of getting them arrested over it because they did just commit crimes against a military, a one on the crusp of war to boot, they really didnt have a choice in the matter.

Its just that reasoning is NOT going to fly with the military.

• ZanyGamer196

ZanyGamer196 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33750462 - 5 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Hmm, wish I knew, though considering we haven't seen the Three Little Pigs, Humpty Dumpty, or Who Killed Cock Robin, I'd say Jeff & Casey were trying to reference as many fairy tales and nursery rhymes as they could for this.  Though yes, the puppet with a heartbeat definitely refers to Pinocchio, whether it means Penny will be rebuilt remains to be seen.

In reply to user-572df514355fe

Same, I would've been happy with Cinder dying in Haven, killed by a stronger enemy to show what happens to all bullies in the end.  Though watching her toiling in the exile and her plans becoming unraveled will be wondrous to behold, few characters deserve it more than her.

In reply to emilyblack

Mm, we'll see how it plays out.  Though regardless of how he or Atlas responds, this whole travesty will show them in a bad light.  Using a giant mech to murder teenagers for trying to steal a military jet?  Cordovan isn't trying to take them alive, she just wants to exterminate them, completely ignorant of how the public will respond.  And it won't be just her, all of Atlas will be blamed.  Heck, I can see the survivors of Argus storming the base, demanding that Atlas leave their city.  And once word reaches the Mistral Council, it'll give them even more reason to go to war.  So this is bound to end badly, except for Salem because it works perfectly into her plans: turning people against one another.  And if the heroes are locked up and sentenced in Atlas, then no one is stopping Salem from taking the Sword of Vacuo.  Hoboy, looks like Volume 7 could possibly be another Fall of Beacon in the making, which the world doesn't really need.

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33750463 - 5 months ago

In reply to ZanyGamer196

Cinders a murderous psycho and not a bully, Cardin is a bully, I agree with what you say about her though. She along with Cardin and Yang are the characters I like the least/hate the most.

• acw28

acw28

#33750467 - 5 months ago

In reply to ZanyGamer196

(No tags because of speculation)

Could you imagine how heartbreaking a rebuilt Penny would be for Ruby? To find someone who looks and acts exactly like her dead friend, but has no memory of her.

• Emeralddrake

Emeralddrake

#33750473 - 5 months ago

If someone doesn’t mind explaining to me, why is half the stuff on these pages greyed out?

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33750477 - 5 months ago

In reply to Emeralddrake

To not give spoilers away from the latest episode that only gold members can currently watch.

• Emeralddrake

Emeralddrake

#33750478 - 5 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

Ohhhhhh. Well, don’t I feel dumb. Thankfully doesn’t apply to me because I watch the episodes on a different site though.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33750492 - 5 months ago

Ok sneak peak:

Caroline is still trying to knock Maria out of the sky (and failing). Meanwhile the Atlas soldiers are watching the fight and cheering on Caroline and fail to notice something is approaching on the Radar. Ruby manages to climb up the cliff and gets a message from Oscar on how to beat it, which is shoot the missiles while their still in the tube. Ruby proceeds to jump on the airship to snipe the missiles.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33750493 - 5 months ago

Ok so I just learned that Caroline is partly driven by the name of a shade of blue called Carolina blue, which is very similar to the colour of Agent Carolina's armour.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33750498 - 5 months ago

In reply to JROY

Did you watch the rewind or see this somewhere else?

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33750499 - 5 months ago

In reply to emilyblack

Doesn't add up? Doesn't add up? How exactly do you envision Ironwood responding to this? o_O

Ironwood: How could you steal an Atlesian military aircraft!?

RWBY&Co: Well we needed to get the Relic of Knowledge to Atlas as quickly as possible because Salem's underlings almost killed us all the last time we fought over it and we had no safe place to stow it. But Cordovin not only refused to give us passage to Atlas but didn't even offer to send a message to you explaining our situation, so we had no way to contact you and no way to get to Atlas through legal means. What did you want us to do?

Ironwood: Let the world die. 

I mean honestly that's basically what this "how dare they!?" crowd sounds like. Sure there is a good chance that the heroes could end up in trouble in Atlas, but that seems more likely to come from Ironwood being assassinated by Tyrian before they can get there, leaving them without a inside man at the top.

I mean fuck this exact thing the team is doing is precisely the course of action Ironwood encourages:

Ironwood: Ruby, I feel it's appropriate to let you know that I think what you did last night is exactly what being a Huntress is all about. You recognized a threat. You took action. And you did the very best you could.

Can any of you honestly say that Ironwood would place a higher priority on some random military hardware compared to a divine artifact that just by itself is insanely dangerous in Salem's hands considering the kind of information it can give, and as part of a set can literally destroy the world?

And are we just going to ignore that Cordovin using the mech to attack at all is not only massively incompetent but also outright dangerously irresponsible? She has fighter jets that can be used for dealing with rogue aircraft, Atlesian SOP is to use those aircraft for that exact purpose. The giant mech she is using is not meant to be used for that purpose but to protect the city from giant Grimm. Not only is she leaving the city temporarily defenseless against such threats while she's stomping around she is actively inviting them in as we can see from the latest preview.

• Emeralddrake

Emeralddrake

#33750500 - 5 months ago

In reply to AenarTenthSkraeling

I mean, your not wrong about some of that, but Ruby and company destroying the mech and possibly killing the leader of the base will leave Argus in a really rough spot too. The base will be leaderless, and we see the quality of soldier they tend to keep, and no mech to respond to large scale attacks.

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33750501 - 5 months ago

In reply to revanninja

You've been arguing that Cinder has had time to catch up with the heroes. How the fuck does it make sense in your world to both hold that Salem's incredibly OP Relic hunter is right around the corner while also saying that the group should just sit around on their asses, twiddling their thumbs because some red tape got in the way of getting the Relic to safety?

Like, if Cordovin had been less blatantly xenophobic, racist, ultra-nationalist and quite possibly imperialistic I could see an argument being made for telling her about the Relic in the hopes that doing so would change her mind, or that she would at least send the Relic itself to Ironwood. 

But not only did Cordovin make it absolutely clear that she had no intention of listening to them, but she is also quite clearly the last person on earth you would want to entrust with both knowledge of the Relics, let alone the possession of one.

• AenarTenthSkraeling

#33750503 - 5 months ago

In reply to Emeralddrake

There's no indication that RWBY have any plans of killing Cordovin, but Cordovin has attempted to murder them several times. Including Weiss, which btw is another thing that should get her fired.

I mean, what's the alternative here? Ops the plan went wrong because Adam Ruins Everything.

b352f3d1856b890a168ebde88dbf6842.jpg

• Emeralddrake

Emeralddrake

#33750504 - 5 months ago

Well sure NOW theres no alternative. Never said there was.

I just think if they’d really thought about it, they may have been able to come up with something other than breaking the law or as Weiss puts it ‘definitely worse’. 

Instead, bare minimum, Argus will be without its mech because of their plan. And chances are they’ll regret that when all the negativity undoubtably draws in bunch of grimm

• JROY

#33750505 - 5 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

rewind

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33750506 - 5 months ago

I didn't.

I said the choice makes sense for them but because atlas and Argus don't know about it they are going to slap the law at them.

Atlas and Argus as a whole don't know about Salem and the relic so wouldn't understand. They can only work on what they know which is rwby and jnpr are doing a lot of illegal things.

From my phone 

• Nesto55

Nesto55

#33750519 - 5 months ago

The red dot on the radar is most likely the kaiju grimm, Jaune called it on the last episode. 

Ruby will have her trial by fire.  Can't wait. 

• JROY

#33750521 - 5 months ago

In reply to Nesto55

I'm more thinking it might be either Cinder and Neo or Ironwood.

• revanninja

#33750522 - 5 months ago

In reply to JROY

Agreed it's most likely a Grimm but there is a chance it's not

From my phone 

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33750536 - 5 months ago

When I saw the clip, I thought three things:

1. Jaune had better get his semblance back QUICK!!!

2. Ruby is about to get her Trial by Fire

3. Release the Kraken!!!

• Dinobot01

#33750538 - 5 months ago

That red spot on the radar was coming from the ocean. So, unless it's Ironwood in his own ship or Cinder and Neo have stolen their own. It's most likely a giant Grimm. I bet it's a Kraken

• ManuErre

ManuErre FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33750543 - 5 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I think they decided to make jaune's aura break so the heroes can have a more difficult time fightning the grimms. Jaune's semblance is really cool, but is also incredibly OP. I don't think he is going to charge it up for now.

• ZanyGamer196

ZanyGamer196 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33750557 - 5 months ago

In reply to acw28

Hmm, you'd think so anyway, but considering how Lindsay Jones said that Ruby would start dissociating herself from the tragedies that have happened in order to always remain positive, I wonder if she'll also forget Penny.  Now I know it sounds outrageous and out-of-character, but since her VA knows things that we don't, we shouldn't discount what she says about her character.  Naturally it's not healthy but Ruby doesn't know how to deal with such things, so she doesn't, much to her peril.

Exactly, Ironwood understands the big picture, so he'll be less likely to act against the heroes and more likely to bring the hammer down on Cordovan for the travesty that's continuing to unfurl in Argus.  And while they heroes don't know Salem's put a hit on Ironwood, we do, so we know they don't have time to waste.

Though considering how everything is playing out, I'd say the actual hit won't come until Volume 7, since there's still a lot that can happen before the heroes actually leave Argus.

In reply to Emeralddrake

According to the sneak peek we got today, it could be even worse than you believe.  There's a blip out on the sea while the stupid soldiers are actually cheering for Cordovin.  Cheering!  Gosh, whoever said they were the dregs of the Atlesian military was probably right on the money, to me they're sounding more and more like the G5 (rogue Navy unit) from One Piece.  And since the base is closest to the sea, it'll be the first thing to be attacked by whatever's out there.  And since Cordo took the Big Metal Shoe to pursue one single ship and a band of teenagers, they don't have their big guns to stop it.  And by the time the soldiers stop watching Cordo on pay per view and actually take action, it might already be too late.  That thing will be upon them. and then Argus' best line of defense will be lost.   Though it'll mean no one will chase after the heroes , it'll also mean that Argus is undefended.  All because of one woman's hubris.  Fool.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33750560 - 5 months ago

What if instead of a kraken that dot is actually a grimm designed to look like the astral Leviathan from final fantasy xv?