Forums > RWBY

RWBY VOLUME 6 IN DEPTH DISCUSSION THREAD| Stealing From The Elderly

Posts (5893)

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33750029 - 5 days ago

In reply to Dinobot01 they based on the rainbow? How have I not heard this before!

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33750034 - 4 days ago

In reply to Whiterosepetal Um jaune's name means yellow in french and one of his sister's names is saffron and in the picture shown in episode 7 they are all wearing outfits with colors retain to each found in a rainbow: the older is wearing red, saffron obviously the one in orange, jaune the one with the pigtails and the help sign, the dave look alike tomboy wearing green, the one with glasses is wearing light blue, the twins making funny faces are both wearing blue and youngest on top of the couch is wearing violet clothes.

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33750079 - 4 days ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe huh. Guess I just mainly foucused on how Jaune and Max from Camp Camp look similar

• Nesto55

Nesto55

#33750082 - 4 days ago

lmao what's with alltheteasing?! 

Oh god someone's gonna die... 

• acw28

acw28

#33750083 - 4 days ago

In reply to Nesto55

Pretty sure Miles tweet is about gen:Lock since he said "ain't for the show you think."

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33750089 - 4 days ago

In reply to Nesto55

If Arryn’s thing is about RWBY, not sure if she’s voice acting for Gen Lock, then I’m feeling like I might possibly end up heavily disliking what’s coming.

• AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush

#33750115 - 4 days ago

In regards to Arryn, who's to say it couldn't just be a recording session for a LA Dub Company, like Bang Zoom? Much like with Jen downplaying it, it doesn't have to revolve around Volume 6.

As for Miles, keep in mind that RWBY isn't the only thing he does.

Considering Camp Camp, RvB, and the possibility of him voicing in a project like Spikeface or Motor Knight..it's better to think from multiple angles.

__

Chapter 11's title has been dropped, The Lady in The Shoe

Additionally, here is the synopsis:

The only thing standing between our heroes and Atlas is Caroline Cordovin, but it will have to be a joint effort if they're going to bring her down. Meanwhile, Yang races to find Blake while Adam does his best to finish her.

• ZanyGamer196

ZanyGamer196 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33750119 - 4 days ago

In reply to AlexanderMBush

Well I guess this confirms that Cordo alludes to the Old Woman Who Lives in a Shoe, so her mech must have a shoe or boot-related name.  Or she's gonna say something along the lines of "I'm gonna enjoy putting my boot to your necks," just like the Nazis.  Wouldn't surprise me with her, not one bit.

And Blake and Adam are going to continue their battle, and Yang is bound to get involved no matter how hard Blake tries to prevent it.  It'd be a good way for Adam to atone for that embarrassing display in "Downfall" and "Haven's Fate," he deserves better than that.

• 4654ryan

4654ryan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33750124 - 4 days ago

In reply to ZanyGamer196

Can someone pick up the phone, because I f**king called it

In reply to TheImmoralCookie

Some people she is based off the story of the old woman who lives in a shoe as her Cordovin is a type of leather and the fairytale is based on Queen Caroline of Ansbach, (not queen Caroline of Brunswick although that was a fun, close coincidence). Nora also refers to her as a big dumb boot which also makes little sense apart from as a failed insult or a reference to her origin.

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33750131 - 3 days ago

Wow this episode was just boss fights galore.

We see Ruby's crew using some good ol' divide and conquer tactics on the giant mech (which Jaune correctly points out isn't meant for fighting multiple small yet powerful individuals) and Adam doing his best Vergil impersonation and squaring off against Blake and Yang consecutively. Both fights end on a cliffhanger, and will likely conclude next episode. Which means that SOMETHING else is probably gonna happen for the finale (possibly Cinder and Neo related?) 

Other things of note:

-Hard light shields are a product of Hard Light dust

-Maria had her driver's license revoked (due to blindness or being old? you decide!)

-Ruby's semblance apparently has a time limit (it "runs out" before she can get back up the cliff)

-Adam does NOT have silver eyes, but icy blue eyes...or "eye" as his left eye has a nasty SDC brand on it (gee, no wonder he hates them)

-Adam's semblance is similar to Yangs, only he can use external objects instead of his own body to absorb the energy

-Yang's fancy new arm can tank one of Adam's semblance enhanced strikes

-Gambol Shroud broke! Time to start thinking about upgrades... 

• AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush

#33750132 - 3 days ago

So, that was something.

My favorite of the two fights, was definitely the Blake & Yang/Adam, but I want to just take the time to appreciate the level of layers that had to go towards the Cordovin fight. While it was a bit more chalky, it had a lot of fun and exciting moments, with some great direction and tension. If the latter wasn't in this volume, it would be my favorite fight so-far. I do love the most though, that there is some ground to cover with Adam

. Regardless of if he dies or not, the branding is probably something that we will see sooner than later with SDC, especially to how vicious it looks. Makes me really wonder about Illia's parents, and what the hell they went through in the mining facilities. It also makes me wonder, if it's Jacques doing on approving of branding their members.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33750133 - 3 days ago

The Lady in the shoe

15:53

So it starts off with the sneak peek.

So Jaune points out what I have been saying its designed for giant grimm that come in from deeper waters.

Okay divide her focus and make her pick her targets, She has shields so long range is an issue though there does seem to be limits.

So what Qrow is doing? Something I have pointed out could have worked against the Grimm Dragon Kevin.

Okay mech nearly got them but a use of the Wasp summon got Weiss and Ruby out of harms way.

They knocked over the mech and made Argus feel it. Time for up close and personal attacks.Found the shield generator on its back like Ruby said.

Okay taking a giant mech fist looks like the first time Jaune has broken his Aura on screen.

Maria and Oscar go to save them but the mech catches the missile and throws it back at them from the sounds of it damaging the engine.

There goes their way to Atlas.

Adam and Blake now looks like the second sneak peek.

Hmm that was a nice trick using the shroud to sheath adam's sword and steal it.

And he just broke Gambol shroud.

Okay we just got to see Adam's face and okay yeah DAMN that is...

I think it says SDC

And now we know Adam is not a silver eyed warrior.

Okay that was tense and the thing everyone was begging for Yang to ram her bike into Adam just happened. Though that Bike is gone it went into the drink and ignoring water proofing or not dragging it out is a major issue.

Okay this is a nice fight but notice Adam he is letting her build his charge. Yep called it. Man that arm is tough.

And okay regardless of shipping or not about time Blake and Yang did this. 

• SaberWulf

SaberWulf

#33750134 - 3 days ago

Not too bad of an episode, though I was right that the mech fight is kinda taking away from the Adam fight a bit. Guess my only real question is if Adam wasn't going to be a Silver eyed warrior or some other theory why the dragging out of his face reveal?

• novusdawn

novusdawn FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Xenos need not apply

#33750135 - 3 days ago

Well people got what they want, Yang hit Adam with her bike. But at what COST?! No more bumblebee! That was Yang's baby you bastards!

Cordova ain't no pushover it would seem. I was actually thinking she'd be more easily dealt with. Also kudos to Jaune for literally taking a giant mech bitch slap to save his teammate.

Have to admit, I chuckled when Ren and Qrow found the hardlight emitter on the back of the mech that was labeled in big bright lettering. Point for the gamer knowledge about giant robot bosses!

Honestly, I have seen several fanfics that have Adam being branded or tattooed with the SDC/Schnee family logo so this actually didn't come as too big a surprise. Still it does but his hatred of humanity into a more compelling light. Kinda like Magneto and his being a holocaust survivor and having been tattooed with a serial number. Unlike Magneto Adam is more of a bitch, less awesome, extremely misogynistic, and really just in it for revenge rather than the betterment of his species treatment at this point.

Also, any time a dark grey magnetic aura wants to engulf a part of Cordova's mech to redirect a killshot or hinder it's movement would be welcomed.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33750136 - 3 days ago

So something else 

The Bullhead sounds like it is damaged. Now it might be repairable it might not dont know yet since it only SOUNDS like its damaged and implied with how its going into a spin.

If they cant fix it they are in hot water as them stealing another is unlikely and the results from this is a big deal.

If they can fix it that takes time and how much depends on how bad it is. As well as what parts and supplies they can get.

Then there is the fact Gambol shroud is broken and Blake only has the sheath blade left.

Plus Yang's arm has been damaged though how bad it is, hard to say could be covering damage. And the inner parts are more or less okay.

Now something I thought of when Blake sheathed Adam's sword in her weapon is she might take Adam's weapon for her own either the blade or the whole thing depending on what happens to it.

And we will most likely finish both fights next episode. So then what is the finale?

• revanninja

#33750137 - 3 days ago

In reply to novusdawn

We will see Jen brown WAS saying we should be excited for next Week while she backpedaled from the idea its Pyrrha they are NOT going to want to let that slip until its on screen.

So take it with a LARGE grain of Salt on both sides of it.

Also the funny part about the Mech bitch slap? Its the first time Jaune's aura has broken on screen.

In reply to SaberWulf

Probably because of how graphic it is. Because that is some messed up stuff and it also clearly underlines Adam's anger and has some NASTY implications about the SDC which is based in Atlas which is where they are going.

It helps set up for next season because people will wonder about it.

• emilyblack

emilyblack

#33750138 - 3 days ago

Never thought I'd be saying it, but I get why Adam would think humanity deserves hatred. Holy shit, that brand mark looked brutal. Also....Im sorry, it's kinda silly to me that Yang just shrugged off Adams semblance enhanced strike with basically only some scuffed paint on her arm. Blake didn't even get hit by one of those and she been having trouble staying on her feet. Im not even touching the fact her PTSD stuff is basically nonexsistent until the tail end.

• novusdawn

novusdawn FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Xenos need not apply

#33750139 - 3 days ago

In reply to revanninja

Can we all let that sink in for a moment though? It takes a fucking MECH meant to take on giant sea Grimm to break Jaune's aura, he has fucking godly amounts of aura. I am positive he is a descendant of some awesome fairytale hero and/or Salem and Ozma at this point.

• revanninja

#33750141 - 3 days ago

In reply to emilyblack

No it was there the thing is PTSD can be a build up. You are fine for a bit but the noise crowds whathave you slowly get to you and cause you to have a Panic attack.

Its also not that long of a time between when yang gets there and her Panic attack starts to kick in.

As for the Arm Yang braced for it was already aware of it and her arm is tough. Clearly Ironwood knew what he was doing when he made it.

And that doesnt look like Scuff Paint to me it looks like it broke the protective shell. It may or may not have damaged the inner workings.

Reminds me of FMA when ED breaks his Automail arm yet it can still work even though its in terrible condition.

In reply to novusdawn

Yeah when Pyrrha said he has a lot of aura she MEANT it.

• novusdawn

#33750143 - 3 days ago

In reply to revanninja

Now I have to wonder if the size of a man's aura relates to the size of other things.  barbara

• revanninja

#33750145 - 3 days ago

In reply to novusdawn

GARO_The_Animation_EP_21_Screengrab_1.jp

Jaune's ancestor German Luis

Aka 

the Three legged Man

• emilyblack

emilyblack

#33750146 - 3 days ago

In reply to revanninja

Yeah, and there was time in FMA where I said that was silly too. But I see your point. I was hoping this episode would be all Adams fight, to be honest. The fight with Caroline felt kind of clunky in places and, well, didn't have 3 volumes of waiting behind it

• novusdawn

#33750147 - 3 days ago

Has anyone seen HunterBlaine recently? He must be bouncing off the walls with Joy with this newest episode.

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33750149 - 3 days ago

In reply to novusdawn

Oh Im here, trust me. I just haven’t had much time to discuss the volume between all the doctor appointments etc. Ive just been reading this to keep up with any theories ya’ll come up with

But....your not wrong, brother. Grinned like an idiot at that last scene.

• revanninja

#33750150 - 3 days ago

In reply to emilyblack

We knew we were getting a fight with Caroline before we even knew about Adam so I really dont feel the same way to be honest.

As for the clunky fight its a giant mech not designed to be used against targets that small and few. Its probably designed for Large grimm or Grimm in Large Numbers.

So its clunky partially because its a mech being used in a way its not designed for.

And again it doesnt feel that clunky to me so each their own.