Forums > RWBY

RWBY VOLUME 6 IN DEPTH DISCUSSION THREAD| That's all she wrote.

Posts (6585)

• Dreamsandweirdness

Dreamsandweirdness FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33753292 - 1 week ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

I absolutely disagree with this video. It doesn't really point out why her potential story is a lie, when we haven't seen any. It just points out why some of the stuff she did at the start wasn't the best (I agree, blocking isn't the best move) but have seen that thread waay before this and I don't see an issue with it

But even if it was a horrible move and reply, doesn't immediately discredit her.

In reply to revanninja

How has it shown to have issues when she hasn't really given us the full story yet?

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33753303 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja what seems to have happened with the #METOO and other like movements is that when it comes to rape, it is guilty until proven innocent. This is a very bad precedent, as even if allegations are proven false, his life could be ruined.(Of course, people will forget him 5 minutes later when the next guy gets his 5 minutes of infamy)

Not saying people being punished for rape is bad, just the fact that we've entered this system is bad.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33753311 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dreamsandweirdness

Some of the things she has claimed has actually been shown to come into conflict with things for example she says she is holding back judgement then posts stuff like Believe the survivors and other like things. She has also been very vocal about harassing Vic.

She for example stood behind Vic when he was with his girlfriend and making stupid faces even when it became clear Vic was being made to feel uncomfortable about the situation and this is from HER by the way this was an old story she was proud of.

Also I have actually seen the whole message chain on what got the guy blocked he made another video on it discussing the back and forth with screenshots on it and no it does actually really discredit her.

Keep in mind this is not the guys first video on it and the response from her has not been good. He has been one of MANY people who has been coming forward to question the allegations.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33753313 - 1 week ago

In reply to Whiterosepetal

It is bad and also a little suspect that these allegations started up again when Vic just got a MASSIVE role with Dragon Ball Super Broly movie.

And as far as anyone has been able to tell the allegations are all old stuff. One of the thing people who are standing in Defense of Vic have been saying is that there doesnt appear to be anything new coming out and instead it just looks like the old allegations are being stirred up again.

Also people have been pointing out ANN has someone on their staff who is going through a LIKE issue right before Vic got this and that guy seems to have been swept under the rug. And its making a lot of people wonder.

Again I dont know if Vic is or is not guilty and I think this 100% needs to be investigated without question but this is not the first time someone has been falsely accused and it nearly always destroys someone's life.

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life

#33753321 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja

Also people have been pointing out ANN has someone on their staff who is going through a LIKE issue right before Vic got this and that guy seems to have been swept under the rug. And its making a lot of people wonder.

Their CEO. Funny story this happened right after their litttle hissy fit over Rise of the Shield Hero were they said that False Accusations never happen. Said CEO has claimed that the allegations are false. *insert curb your enthusiasm theme here*

Anyways we should probably discuss this elsewhere

• revanninja

#33753323 - 1 week ago

In reply to Bumblebee4life

At this point the discussion is just going to go around and around without end. So yeah I think its best if we should shelf this discussion.

And having read Rise of the Shield hero it makes it super obvious that it is False like there is no question about it at all. He was set up from the start and the story makes no bones about it.

How someone could miss what is stated and reinforced that Naofumi, I think its spelled, was completely innocent I dont know as him getting treated like this is a major plot point for a LONG time as it makes him not trust the other heroes and gives them a horrible relationship to work with each other.

And False accusations 100% DO happen like that is a fact. There has been so many cases where it comes to light the whole thing was a lie that its mind boggling anyone would take the stance False accusations never happen.

• revanninja

#33753328 - 1 week ago

In reply to Bumblebee4life

Naw I am just shelving it no point in continuing honestly.

I have seen enough to know this a complicated mess and its something I am sure Vic is seeking legal on and we will see how it goes from there.

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33753360 - 1 week ago

If RT is being quiet, reserved, and responsible about this, I imagine that RT fired Vic saying "Until you can figure this out and fix this, we can't have anything to do with you."

Which is the safest business decision to do as RT needs to protect itself and all of it's assets, and if any of you have seen just how bad and traumatic theses allegations are for everyone involved, it would make perfect sense why RT wants nothing to do with anything/anyone who could be associated with such horrendous allegations that seem to be everywhere now since the past year or two.

So RT probably said: "Hey, leave, fix this, then come back and we'll re-hire you if everything goes well." As Vic probably isn't that bad of a guy. But if RT was connected with Vic and the whole thing (whatever and all of what that entails) rang true, it could be bad for RT as well. So they are just protecting themselves and all of their shows.

And someone said that Vic could/will/is/should sue. Which that would be childish honestly as I doubt Vic lost money when he left RT, and RT does not have the time or the money to deal with court cases. Not to mention RT has one of the biggest communities out there that would shred you alive if someone destroyed a project or piece of RT.

So I doubt RT is being mean about it, they are just probably trying to protect themselves and what they create. As for Vic, I honestly don't care. I would like him to come back as Qrow as I really love Qrow's character but I don't and haven't kept up to date with the charges or allegations that are plaguing him right now.

And besides, what is RT gonna do if it turns out all of it is/was true? RT can't really defend their "friend" (?) against legal action.

Idk, I'm just baffled as to why people are going nuts at RT when they are just protecting themselves, and most likely making it easier for Vic to deal with it all without worrying about RWBY or any other thing he did there.

I'm done now.

• revanninja

#33753365 - 1 week ago

In reply to TheImmoralCookie

I was the one who said he could sue and it's not childish he has in fact lost contracts over this he for example was slashed from all but 5 of his con showings 

He has 100 percent lost contracts and revenue over this and he does have the right to seek legal action even more so as this defamation of his character.

There is business laws on this actually under slander and libel so no not childish at all. I

And I wasn't saying he would sue rt I was actually saying he would sue Ann the people reporting this.

From my phone

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33753370 - 1 week ago

Ok, gonna be breaking my silence for this and only this, in large part because I knew that it would be talked about here.

First and foremost, sexual assault is not a crime that has been taken seriously at any point, and that is the biggest point of the MeToo movement: to FINALLY get it to be taken seriously.  And as a major crime, it damn well should be.  If a police report is filed, it damn well should be followed up on.  If an accusation is made, it should be taken seriously, regardless of any personal beliefs.  That being said, when a claim is made, proof should be provided to back it up.  It has NEVER been the case that the accusation is proof in and of itself, even from a first-hand account of the events.  If all that is offered is an account of events by the accuser, it will eventually become a "he said-she said" situation.  At the same time, cross-analysis of those stories might reveal some hole in one or both of them, which makes the concept of seeking evidence to back up the claim even more important, as well as the right for the accused to defend themselves.  And this is true, no matter how many people stand up and make the accusation.

That being said, while the goals of the MeToo movement are noble and just, the methods behind them are flawed, and actually create fertile ground for a false accusation.  The thought process is that you should always believe the victim.  While a noble sentiment, this relies on the logical fallacy that, as I stated earlier, that the accusation is proof in and of itself; that the witness testimony is proof on its own.  This is an example of the "misleading vividness" fallacy, or as its more commonly known, anecdotal evidence.  I'm going to provide a link to the wikipedia page on anecdotal evidence for your own reading: Anecdotal Evidence.  One paragraph stands out in particular, under the "Law" sub-entry on that page:

"Witness testimony is a common form of evidence in law, and law has mechanisms to test witness evidence for reliability or credibility. Legal processes for the taking and assessment of evidence are formalized. Some witness testimony may be described as anecdotal evidence, such as individual stories of harassment as part of a class action lawsuit.  However, witness testimony can be tested and assessed for reliability.  Examples of approaches to testing and assessment include the use of

questioning to identify possible gaps or inconsistencies, evidence of corroborating witnesses, documents, video and forensic evidence. Where a court lacks suitable means to test and assess testimony of a particular witness, such as the absence of forms of corroboration or
    substantiation, it may afford that testimony limited or no "weight" when making a decision on the facts."

Please take note of this line: "Legal processes for the taking and assessment of evidence are

formalized. Some witness testimony may be described as anecdotal evidence, such as individual stories of harassment as part of a class action lawsuit."  This is EXACTLY what is going on here: people are sharing individual stories of their own experiences with Vic, and very few, if any, are commenting on the same story, with limits them severely as corroborating evidence.  In addition, the MeToo movement relies heavily on the appeal to emotion, both as an integral part of the anecdotal evidence, but also in pushing back against anyone who either comes in on the side of the accused, or asks (correctly) for proof, emphasizing how hurt the victim is by just coming forward.  In addition, the MeToo movement cites that very few sexual assault accusations are false, citing several studies on the topic, as well as the idea that the accused essentially have nothing to gain and everything to lose by coming forward.  I cannot really comment on the latter, but the former says everything that needs to be said as to why the accusation should be properly investigated for accuracy: that very few sexual assault accusations are false.  That implicitly means that some accusations are false.  The scenario does exist that this accusation, and possibly the one that Pridemore made against Todd Haberkorn, is false.  Now, remember what I said about the methodology actually making it fertile ground for a false accusation?  Here's where it comes in.  Again, the very thought process is that you automatically believe the victims without needing concrete proof.  So what happens if, say, you or I make an accusation against another person, for whatever reasons only known to us?  We would be believed without needing to provide proof, we would be complicit in the tarnishing of the accused's reputation and life.  And while it objectively (and ideally) should not do so, one confirmed false accusation will make any others lose credibility, more so if any of Pridemore's accusations are proven false, ALL of her accusations will lose credibility if either one against Vic or Haberkorn are proven false.  All of this illustrates exactly why the people who are asking for proof beyond the accusations are objectively correct, and why there should be even more vigilance paid towards the idea of a false accusation than ever before.  Again, while I fully agree with the goals of MeToo, the methodology and tactics employed by them have massive potential to backfire on them.  All it takes is one person falsely accused for ANY reason, more so if that false accusation leads to a wrongful conviction.

Now, and I cannot say this enough: I HAVE NO PERSONAL STAKE IN THIS WHATSOEVER.  I fully support the investigation of any accusation of sexual assault, and if it turns out that Vic Mignogna is guilty, then he should be appropriately punished.  I also think that, despite my own beliefs towards RT, that they did the best thing that they could do in this circumstance.  There really wasn't any "good" choice to make here.  However, I am also prepared for the possibility that this accusation is false, and if it is so, then Vic is well within his rights to counter-sue for slander.

• Dreamsandweirdness

Dreamsandweirdness FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33753380 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja

where does she say to hold back on her judgement? (curious, cause I never saw that)

also, when I say discredit her it doesn't mean discredit her stance of supporting survivors. I meant as in her personal story, thus her acts of supporting victims shouldn't discredit that story. With regards to her "being proud of helping Vic", one of her tweets does somewhat address it where - she says she chose to forgive him after the incident but decided to come out after the new allegations. reason I can believe this is I've witnessed this occur to someone I know of (where the friends decided to forgive thinking it was a one off but it happened again, thus they then decided to truly fight). 

Lets be clear: I'm not saying she is 100% in the right because none of us truly know, thus like I said in my op, lets wait and see what happens. The truth behind her statement will likely shape the way things go. So lets wait and see once she comes out and then judge, because none of us truly know what has been going on bts at RT either.

• revanninja

#33753389 - 1 week ago

She did it in one of her tweets before the believe survivors.

And it wasn't being proud of helping Vic it was being proud of harassing him and making him feel uncomfortable.

Yes I am of the same stance just looking around more then a couple of the allegations against Vic have already been called into question and some of the timing is more then a little suspect.

From my phone

• angeltengko

angeltengko HardstyleLoverZ69

#33753405 - 1 week ago

Like Philanthropy, firing Vic may be just good for business. Honestly, in the end, stories are just stories. Pretty much why I find it difficult to take testimonies seriously in court cases. But if there is proof and he is guilty, I will proudly retract my IStandWithVic stance.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33753409 - 1 week ago

Geez, the panels with Tood Haberkorn and Monica Rial at Zenkaikon are going to be awkward....

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33753411 - 1 week ago

In reply to angeltengko

Like Philanthropy, firing Vic may be just good for business. Honestly, in the end, stories are just stories. Pretty much why I find it difficult to take testimonies seriously in court cases. But if there is proof and he is guilty, I will proudly retract my IStandWithVic stance.

well RT really didn't have much of a choice and I would say it was the least bad for business. Which would they rather be in the wrong about? firing him (in which case he can be re-hired) or NOT firing him and getting the heat from it? 

• Dreamsandweirdness

#33753453 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja

OH okay misunderstood your previous post, thought you meant that she was proud of defending Vic in the past. 

But yeah hey who knows, just gotta wait and see

• Dreamsandweirdness

#33753454 - 1 week ago

In reply to angeltengko

unfortunately, sometimes, all we have are testimonies. Because in say court cases of rape, chances are you wouldn't be recording the incident since you never expected it in the first place and by the time it happens its too late. Is it a perfect system? nope. but unfortunately we can only work with what we have. 

Also, I don't think RT is firing him merely because of the sexual allegations

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33753509 - 1 week ago

That's really the thing.  If I've interpreted the MeToo movement correctly, in that they are effectively demanding that accusers be believed without proof, then they are in for a surprise, because if this goes to a courtroom, those claims ARE going to be questioned as part of the cross-examining process.

Again, it's one thing to demand that accusations of sexual assault be taken seriously.  It's another thing entirely to demand that those accusations be outright believed without proof, with the implicit demand that sentence be passed on the guilty party without due process.

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33753535 - 1 week ago

In reply to WrightKnight Thank you. I one hundred percent agree with you

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33753566 - 1 week ago

In reply to WrightKnight 0_0

are you serious? Are they mental or something? do they have any brain cells at all or are they all out to lunch? 

• revanninja

#33753577 - 1 week ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe

Yeah you see it a lot and there is a growing trend of false accusations.

And its starting to get backlash.

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33753648 - 1 week ago

so, in a week or two should we shut down this forum and switch it to vol 7 theories and wants?

• acw28

acw28

#33753658 - 1 week ago

I'm just going to leave this here, skip to 40 seconds in.

Link

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33753726 - 1 week ago

In reply to pretty much everyone

Yeah because with the growing trend it’s ruining men’s lives, and staining the METOO movement.

It’s getting backlash because before when they were true all the guys were like “ it’s true so why would we be angry?” But with the trend now the he backlash is coming because if guilty until proven innocent and men don’t think it’s a good thing anymore as it’s ruining people’s lives