Forums > RWBY

RWBY VOLUME 6 IN DEPTH DISCUSSION THREAD| That's all she wrote.

Posts (6783)

• ZanyGamer196

ZanyGamer196 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33756479 - 1 month ago

In reply to Dreamsandweirdness

Erm, I'm quite sure she was specifically talking to Ozma in that scene, since none of the others were born at that time.  And they all saw Salem reform after being reduced to a puddle by Ozma, so they know he can't kill her.  And they heard GoL say Salem would live until she learned the value of life and death.  And Jinn has no reason to lie or deceive them, so I don't see any of them calling her bluff on this.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33756503 - 1 month ago

In reply to ZanyGamer196

And it is likely that Jinn can't lie, she can be deceptive and not tell the whole truth of course but due to her nature, overt lies might not be possible, and she did give them more detailed information than she had to which means she is less likely to be inclined to deceive them.

• Dreamsandweirdness

Dreamsandweirdness FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33756625 - 1 month ago

In reply to ZanyGamer196

oh yeah, like I said the "theory" I mentioned was more of a for fun/joke thing and I definitely agree with what you said

• Dreamsandweirdness

Dreamsandweirdness FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33756626 - 1 month ago

Btw have yall seen the reddit post on why Yang's ptsd was handled well (and relatable) (by a person with PTSD)? Gives pretty interesting insights into the issue

• seedfan85

seedfan85

#33756700 - 1 month ago

Yeah. I just checked it out. I get where he's coming from, but everybody deals with it differently. He's also wrong though. I've had it myself, so I know that people can move past it over time, it's just harder to do for some things than it is for others. Mine was relatively minor when compared to what Yang has gone through, and it took me over two decades to move past without proper treatment. When people are confronted with the source of their trauma, it is completely debilitating and they will do whatever they can to prevent that trauma happening again, or relive the trauma when confronted with the same or a similar situation again. The sad fact of the matter, is that they have completely abandoned that storyline, barely even paying it lip service throughout volume 6. Also, as a side note, the user that made that post got the volume wrong. She didn't have PTSD in volume 3, but volume 4, where they got it exactly right. But, thereafter, it might have been alluded to by Yang's hand shaking after a battle, but since nothing happened with it during the Adam fight, it's just that, for some reason, it's in response to some supposedly stressful situation, that has never bothered her before. Because it doesn't always happen in the same situation, it enters the realm of an out of character trait.

If you want a good article on why it was mishandled in this season, I suggest that you check out a post on reddit, the title is: Yang, Depression, PTSD and why CRWBY really needed to spend more time with her (rant)

Admittedly, it was written after volume 4 was done, but the content of the article does still apply, now more than before.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33756705 - 1 month ago

I don't know if you've heard, but Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris is on fire. The Steeple, the roof and many of the artwork have been destroyed

• seedfan85

seedfan85

#33756713 - 1 month ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I have now. It's a tragedy to lose such a cultural icon. But, at least most of the artifacts and artworks weren't incinerated and no one was killed by it.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33756717 - 1 month ago

In reply to Dinobot01 Wonder what started it in the first place.

• seedfan85

seedfan85

#33756719 - 1 month ago

Now, I would like whoever did it, to explain why exactly they thought that anything that I said in that post, is flamebait!

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33756720 - 1 month ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe

As far as we know it was an accident. It was being restored from my understanding which is why a large amount of the work and arts were saved because they were removed during the process.

They think something happened with one of the tools it is a very old building so something like a minor spark in the wrong spot could cause a fire.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33756725 - 1 month ago

What's ironic is that they thought the renovation would save it, but ending up destroying it

• Rakolai

Rakolai FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Huntsman

#33756727 - 1 month ago

Just to clarify, the cathedral itself is still standing. Most of the damage was to the roof and spire, and one of the stained glass windows is gone. Everything else inside is mostly fine, including the relics and artworks that were kept in the treasury.

• Dreamsandweirdness

#33756728 - 1 month ago

In reply to seedfan85

I don't suffer from ptsd so I'm not gonna attempt to like discuss whether I personally felt that they did it well (because what do I know), but when you say that that person is wrong, doesn't that kinda contradict your agreement that different people face it differently and will have very different experiences when facing and dealing with it? Especially considering the number of people agreeing with it/saying they had similar experiences? (also I hope we read the same one, realised that reddit is very broad and its possible that multiple posts/threads on it exists)

• seedfan85

seedfan85

#33756729 - 1 month ago

The one that I looked at, was this one: >https://www.reddit.com/r/RWBY/comments/alak59/yangs_ptsd/

To your point, I don't think so. I may not have been very clear about it, but the problem that I had with that post was this bit.

But now that Adam is gone I fear that the writer's are just going to make her PTSD "go away." That's not how PTSD works, now I think it would be fine if Yang had lesser symptoms but ultimately PTSD doesn't go away just because your abuser is dead, trust me, I wish it did. I know RT probably won't see this but please, don't ruin the really good depiction of mental illness you have going here, Yang's PTSD is an important part of who she is and that in reality would stay with her for the rest of her life. 

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33756775 - 1 month ago

So for those who dont know Vic has officialy slapped a lawsuit on Funimation Monica and others.

It does not look good for those who are on the KickVic side there is several examples in the basic court documents of them going after him and intentionally trying to destroy his career contracts and so forth.

From what is said in the documents them and others went to other studios IE Roosterteeth and urged them to cut him using insider information on 3 investigation Sony was doing which all 3 are looking like complete garbage.

As an example Monica had from 6 years ago I think it was wrote her name on a Jelly bean and Vic ate it joking he "ate" monica. Yes that is the actual investigation from what I can find out.

While we will see what happens in court the President of Roosterteeth is actually stepping down if you didnt know and for those who look at this it looks a lot like he is being forced to retire especially considering its so sudden and they dont have a replacement yet.

It looks like this is Backlash against the Vic situation from higher ups considering this seemed to happen shortly after Vic filled.

As far as I know RT is not in the Lawsuit I dont know if there is further lawsuits coming but I dont think there is. He seems focused on Funimation and more specifically Monica and others which is a LOT of the root cause of his issues and problems.

Now this is not court yet but it is Filled Lawsuit papers with clear intent to go to trial. 

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33756791 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja

So wait has this dude been actually cleared or anything or what?

• revanninja

#33756792 - 1 month ago

In reply to JROY

So far nothing there was Sony in house investigation but there is a lot of shady stuff going on there.

So it's all been he has been accused by Monica and others but no criminal anything has come forward and just it's them saying things while using their positions to put pressure on other places to blacklist him and cost him appearances.

For example there is a NASTY issue over kamahamacon I think it is. Which is in Hawaii and they said no they would have Vic and they promptly received threats to try to force against that.

For example saying actors would walk which funnily some of the actors had no clue about any of this.

It's actually part of the lawsuit I think.

But yeah nothing outside of word of mouth no criminal charges nothing against Vic

From my phone

• fatalflaw101

fatalflaw101 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold 57

#33756804 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja

My dude, can we maybe go without the baseless speculation about Ezra stepping down as President?

Regardless of what happens with the lawsuit, Rooster Teeth is 100% in the clear legally. They didn't fire anyone - they decided not to renew a contract. Even if Vic were completely innocent, RT is in no legal trouble. The idea that the President of the company was secretly forced to step down over a casting decision is hilarious. Especially considering their own employees came forward with bad Vic experiences according to other members of the cast.

I get that this is kind of an antagonistic reply on my part, but you are way off base.

Next bit is a collective thing, not directed at rev:

People are gonna speculate on the Vic thing regardless, but I just want to remind everyone that none of us are capable of having an informed opinion on this. Most of any evidence that exists will not be out on Twitter for you to see - it will be behind closed doors in private company investigations. Keep that on your mind before you go inflicting others with your terrible opinions.

Cheers.

• seedfan85

seedfan85

#33756806 - 1 month ago

In reply to fatalflaw101

Just because we aren't employees of Funimation or Rooster Teeth, doesn't mean that we are incapable of having an informed opinion based on second or even third hand information. Go check out Rekieta Law, Hero Hei and ThatUmbrellaGuy on youtube. What Revan and JROY are doing, is using the timing of Ezra stepping down in relation to the filing of the lawsuit to draw a link between the two. It could quite easily be that it's sheer coincidence, but don't try and tell us that there are no corporation presidents that have lost their jobs over a situation that is damaging to the company. Corporate presidents are employees of the board, they don't own the company itself. It happens all the time in relation to scandals that they aren't directly involved with, but happen during their time as president, look at many of the presidents that lost their jobs over various banking scandals. Of course, it can happen over something that they are directly involved with too, for example Elon Musk.

• revanninja

#33756807 - 1 month ago

In reply to fatalflaw101

My dude can we maybe not accuse someone of baseless when this is actually a well known practice of business's when this sort of thing happens?

Because its actually normal and common if someone looks like they might be implicated they step down.

The president of RT suddenly steps down he doesnt have a replacement lined up and they are currently looking for one based on the president's OWN words on the subject in his farewell letter. Right before this Vic has filed his lawsuit.

Interesting timing especially when you see how quick and sudden it is I think by Friday of this week he will no longer be the president and for several days.

This is all the signs of classic being forced to resign.

So how about you NOT assume its baseless?

No they may not be in the clear legally actually this sort of thing is always murky and if they for example might have breached contract.

There is this thing called discovery which they are in Phase 1. RT may not be implicated now but if things come out in discovery they can be later due to new facts being discovered.

So no the person off base is you and pretty obviously so how about you not do that?

As for your redirect that actually goes for you because Ty Beard the person who is Vic's lawyer? Has been actually pretty upfront about all this because Monica and Ron have been running their twitter accounts off throwing out stuff and people have already been backtracking what they have been saying and finding issues with it.

For example they have said some cosplayers are being molested in some pics only for the said cosplayers to come forward and say hey no I actually requested he give me a hug or a kiss and so on.

A lot of information has been out there and people if they want to look can find it.

So inflicting others with terrible "Opinions"? Yeah right.

• fatalflaw101

fatalflaw101 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold 57

#33756837 - 1 month ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to seedfan85

I do want to quantify, again, that the ‘terrible opinion’ line was not directed at you but was a general statement. I include my own opinion in that box. The internet is well characterised as an abyssal hive of terrible opinions, and that is an earned reputation. I mean no offence by that. What follows will also be a terrible opinion:

On the point of access to knowledge. The people covering the story on Youtube don’t have any special access to information (as far as I know). They are information collators, with the same access as you or I; and I personally remain sceptical of anyone who has a vested interest (financial or otherwise) in keeping the drama ball rolling. When I say we are uninformed, I refer only to how we are severely limited in our access to first hand information. Yes, I am aware of what is out there on twitter and whatnot – I just don’t see how you can believe that there is not a great deal that we, as randoms, do not have access to. Testimonies that are given confidentially as opposed to vomited onto social media. Including from RT employees if Shannon is to be believed. I consider having relatively restricted access to tenable firsthand information to quantify us as uninformed, but we can argue semantics until the cows come home.

I don’t consider my referral to the Ezra stepping down theory as ‘baseless’ to be entirely unfair, though it is hyperbolic to be sure. The only supporting argument I’ve seen is that they happened around the same time. Nothing to suggest even a hint of legal concern. No examples of information that could be considered damaging to the company. Nothing implicating Ezra. Very little suggesting that RT is suffering a scandal because of this beyond some disenfranchised fans (this isn’t exactly Lettergate). Literally just the time thing. Correlation/causation and all that. Companies tend to cut ties with people who have bad reputations because it will give them good PR, not bad PR. I am not saying that it is impossible that this was the reason Ezra stepped down, though I will say that such changes in management may only appear sudden because their announcement to the public comes at the very end of a longer process.

I don’t know what my misdirect was, but I’ll assume it happened somewhere. I am aware that there are things that have been debunked, like the one cosplayer photo which is used for some reason to invalidate any testimony about Vic. There have certainly been targeted campaigns to take him down; from fans, from colleagues. Some of it misinformation created just to hurt him, which is abhorrent. But I don’t understand how one could look at what we have and conclude that Vic has never ever behaved unprofessionally. For example, according to other VAs, Vic corroborated huge chunks of testimony during company investigations. The difference being that everything was consensual from his point of view. His reputation for this kind of thing certainly could be the result of a targeted campaign of lies which was somehow sustained for over ten years. But not one person who knows or works with Vic has come out in his defence. And many who do have been willing to put themselves in the firing line to do the opposite. That’s the most convincing aspect for me.

But again, that’s my terrible opinion.

I apologise for any offence caused. As hypocritical as it may seem, I respect your opinions. I normally try to stay out of such things, but the Ezra bit annoyed me because it struck me as full conspiracy theory. I mean, it still does.

I’ll back out now.

• revanninja

#33756838 - 1 month ago

In reply to fatalflaw101

As far as you know is actually wrong. Many of those people are actually in contact with Vic's lawyer and have even done livestreams with the man.

And some of these people are getting attacked and even attempts to DOXX them have been made so the "vested interest" not on them as you might think.

There is stuff we as "randoms" as you call it arent aware of but there has been an ongoing twitter war between Monica and anyone who even is skeptical of her allegations about Vic. She repeatedly harasses and badmouths people who question it. And many others also behave in a like way.

As for the testimonies those are actually being requested in the court fillings as part of evidence that they are to be released.

And as is the confidentiallity has already been broken as the investigation for sony into Vic which they said he was guilty of the 3 cases has been brought to light one of the said cases is the whole jelly bean thing.

So its not quite the information dead zone as you seem to think.

You referally to stepping down as baseless IS 100% and without question unfair. You may not believe it which that is fine but its a long standing tradition that when companies screw up High ranked employees get the axe either because it happened on their watch or they are part of the issue. 

No there is more then just the timeframe and you thinking that is the only thing is the unfair part. First there was no hints of the president stepping down nor even thinking about it. Usually when a president of a company steps down there is a lot more time and fanfare to it and people are aware of the process going on.

One of the very big things that also sets off alarm bells is the fact he doesnt have a replacement. In his letter he flat out says they are looking for a replacement. If this was a long process like you claim a replacement would be extremely high on the list of things that need to be handled as not having a replacement actually sends a message of weakness and destabilized company which investors HATE.

The only time something like this happens and its generally not connected to a scandal or a budding problem like Vic's lawsuit is sudden health reasons which he specifically does not state.

So yes there is more going on then you are giving credit and you saying baseless is not fair and is actually quite belittling in the extreme.

The reason why the cosplay and its more then one by the way is used to debunk is because most of the allegations against vic are word of mouth alone. There is no hard evidence no photo no video nothing. So they keep trying to use cosplay photos were vic is friendly as evidence which the cosplayers come forward and say no that isnt what is going on.

Its a repeating pattern of them taking what is innocent or specifically requested or staged for X reason and using it to say here here.

Uhm actually many people who know and work with Vic have come out in his defense so I dont know why you think no one has come out in his defense because that is flat out untrue. 

Your attempt to decry what is a valid theory as conspiracy is just not okay. Because many MANY places have done this and behave in this way. You see it a lot for damage control and the others even when they are not connected to the issue because sometimes its not something the person has done wrong but rather the situation is one they dont feel is tenable and its usually a direct result of the whole thing.

So you can disagree with the idea Ezra and the vic lawsuit are connected that is fine the way you called it out is not.

• Dinobot01

#33756861 - 1 month ago

86fa96f1f4c9d3845545f6eae51291545f9ff5ee

HAPPY EASTER!!!

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33756870 - 1 month ago

Worldbuilding: Racial discrimination an example how to do it: The rising of the shield hero.

After episode 2 you know the basic extent of the discrimination. People with animal traits are enslaved, their obedience is enforced by a pain inducing curse.

* It is not a certified asshole moron who does it, but the main protagonist.

* The escalation level is not pulling some ears, but buying a slave and then making use of the pain-inducing curse to deprive the slave of choice - on screen and not once but several times.

* It is not watered down/neutralized by targeting other people more severely.

* When a discriminating restaurant is visited it is not a rotten drinking hole empty of people but a respectacle restaurant full of people. The discrimatory sign is not hidden in the shadows, but in plain view.

The hero does it, because he sees no other way to get companions, having been betrayed twice by normal candidates before. So he takes this easy way out when presented with the opportunity. And the authors also deny the hero the strength to throw a speech and free the slaves, because he does not have the fighting capability to do so. In fact he needs the companion to develop.

This poses a controversial question to the audience. What would YOU do? Stay true to humanoid rights and grind for experience alone or have another try at setting up a regular party, knowing full well, that this may not be sufficient to face the challenges ahead. OR take the slavery shortcut?

Dramawise, the party is unbalanced from the start as the hero can enforce his will on the companion as he pleases and although he does not blatantly abuses this edge, he deprives his companion of her free will whenever it is important for him (and his mission) and forces her into war (that already is real abuse).

The result of this approach is a complex protagonist, in party conflict and early on understanding of the world without blabbing characters.

• Dinobot01

#33756894 - 1 month ago

If anyone is looking for something to do this weekend, Avengers: Endgame is out on Friday!!!!! Avengers Assemble!!