Forums > RWBY

RWBY VOLUME 6 IN DEPTH DISCUSSION THREAD| That's all she wrote.

Posts (6991)

• Dreamsandweirdness

Dreamsandweirdness FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33756913 - 2 months ago

In reply to seedfan85

oh rip knew it, we both saw a different post. this is the one I saw: >https://www.reddit.com/r/RWBY/comments/aq77ky/do_people_actually_know_what_having_ptsd_is_like/

but with regards to what you said about not wanting it to just "dissapear" just cause Adam is gone, then yeah I absolutely understand and we'll just have to wait and see what happens in V7 onwards

• Dreamsandweirdness

Dreamsandweirdness FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33756914 - 2 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01 wooo and on that note, to everyone, please don't post any spoilers here!

• seedfan85

seedfan85

#33756917 - 2 months ago

In reply to Dreamsandweirdness

Then in that case, I do actually agree with most of what was said in that article.

And when Adam actually starts preying on her fears, near the tail end of the battle when he's grasping for whatever tactics he can and he tries to scare Yang by saying "Do you think you were faster than you were at Beacon?" like, it actually works. You can tell she is shaken up from it, because when Adam starts attacking her after that she stops attacking back. All she does is dodge and flail around, and Adam gets a few good hits on her when he previously didn't. Go and rewatch the fight if you need to, because that's what happens.

I do however have a bit of a problem  with the bolded bit. Adrenaline is released in order to cope with hightened stress, but, most importantly, in this situation, it doesn't affect her short term memory and she had just been ducking and dodging around each and every strike that Adam had made. Now, admittedly, I'm no doctor, but to me those two things completely contradict each other, turning it into plot convenience rather than as a result from the PTSD.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33756920 - 2 months ago

But they do say to stay after the credits

• Dreamsandweirdness

#33756928 - 2 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

ahh okay. tho a warning - if you haven't watched, I have seen people making spoiler comments under RT's insta posts

In reply to seedfan85 

hm that's fair

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33756941 - 2 months ago

In reply to seedfan85

Except for the part where adrenaline intensifies and exacerbates fear responses. It would make Yang more vulnerable to psychological tactics (particularly those focused on eliciting fear), not less. And as someone with PTSD, Yang would be even more susceptible to intrusive thoughts triggered by something Adam would say.

• 4654ryan

4654ryan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33756946 - 2 months ago

Cool thought, how awesome would it be to see Atlas literally fall to the ground to join Mantle. I don't know how this would happen, exploding the gravity dust or large scale mining operation but I just really need that in my life.

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33756947 - 2 months ago

In reply to 4654ryan

A land mass that size falling to the ground would be utterly catastrophic. It would probably render Solitas uninhabitable and it would DEFINITELY kill everyone in Mantle and Atlas. So it'll probably be part of Salem's plans.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33756953 - 2 months ago

Yeah. I know. Only two days left. should be easy to avoid

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33756967 - 2 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01 till what exactly?

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33756968 - 2 months ago

In reply to VoshTheStampede Not to mention the shockwave from said fall would disrupt the remaining ships of the fleet causing them to lose control and collide into each other or fall to the ground far below.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33756971 - 2 months ago

So seeing as Nolan North and Troy Baker are doing stuff with RT how much do you want to bet they'll be doing voice work in some RT shows?

• Dreamsandweirdness

#33756975 - 2 months ago

In reply to 4654ryan

* flashbacks to age of ultron*

In reply to user-572df514355fe

endgame

In reply to Dinobot01

have fun! I have to wait till next week to watch it sooo

In reply to JROY

I believe so, and absolutely hope so

• seedfan85

seedfan85

#33756978 - 2 months ago

In reply to VoshTheStampede

In reply to seedfan85

Except for the part where adrenaline intensifies and exacerbates fear responses. It would make Yang more vulnerable to psychological tactics (particularly those focused on eliciting fear), not less. And as someone with PTSD, Yang would be even more susceptible to intrusive thoughts triggered by something Adam would say.

Except that his words had no effect on her whatsoever. She went from dodging and blocking his attacks a bunch of times before kicking him away, to dodging them completely, activating her semblance, catching his sword and shooting(?) him away. Which she did because she was told by Blake that he could increase his damage output without having to take any damage himself, not because of anything that Adam said or did.

• VoshTheStampede

#33756981 - 2 months ago

In reply to seedfan85

Yang was put on defense after Adam's comment, and was most definitely not dodging completely as he landed several hits. You need to actually go back and watch the fight. 

• seedfan85

seedfan85

#33756983 - 2 months ago

In reply to seedfan85

Yang was put on defense after Adam's comment, and was most definitely not dodging completely as he landed several hits. You need to actually go back and watch the fight. 

I already had. You need to watch it again, completely; then read my post again. She was already fighting defensively, all that happened was that she stopped attacking him as well, to prevent him from being able to use his semblance, which was because she was given more information about him and adjusted her tactics accordingly. Not because of anything that Adam had said.

• VoshTheStampede

#33756986 - 2 months ago

In reply to seedfan85

Yang knew about Adam's semblance since the previous episode, but even so she was still attacking with Blake and hitting him. You could argue that she was feigning a reaction; trying to trick Adam into using all the stored up energy so she could catch and disarm him, but I think it makes more sense that she was genuinely rattled by his comments because of her PTSD (when she dodges/blocks after said comment, she loses her footing and stumbles a lot). What Adam didn't count on was that Yang would be able to recover from it fast enough to regain her composure (no doubt helped by the fact that Yang knew that Blake was still in the fight). 

• seedfan85

seedfan85

#33756987 - 2 months ago

The reason that I think that it was her skill as a fighter that all of that happened, is because of the mismanagement of the PTSD throughout the last two volumes. That said, I won't disagree that that is a possibility, so I guess that we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. 

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33756999 - 2 months ago

We see Adam's words did affect Yang just before Blake's "protecting each other" i don't think they mismanaged her PTSD, her case is just less severe than others, which is fine, because everyone is different.  It's not Legend of Korra level, but the narrative doesn't revolve around just her, so it's not going to be.

• Dinobot01

#33757010 - 2 months ago

In reply to user-572df514355fe

Avengers: Endgame

• Dinobot01

#33757011 - 2 months ago

I had a thought about magic in RWBY. In The Dragon Prince series, it's been said that only magical creatures can use magic and humans can only use magic if they have a Primal Stone or by the use of dark magic.  However, in the last season, Callum used magic with using a stone or dark magic. That proves you don't have to be magic by birth to use it, you just have to harness it.

That got me thinking, the gods took magic from the people, but what if they didn't take it from the world. What if the people of Remnant can use magic if they learn to harness it?

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33757012 - 2 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Or Callum's dad was an Elf which would give him the ability to use magic.

• Dinobot01

#33757014 - 2 months ago

In reply to JROY

Well, that too. But I'm just saying, in general what if people can still use magic in Remnant?

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33757021 - 2 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

At least 8 people can use magic. In addition the Schnee semblance may count as suspicious being both extremely versatile and hereditary. 

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33757030 - 2 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Depends on where they want the story to go. In Dragon Prince the requirement to use magic is a fundamental understanding of and connection to the element you want to use. Magical creatures are innately born with such a connection and understanding while Callum apparently managed to forge one. Here the gods specifically gave and later revoked magic. From a theorycrafting standpoint that seems a much greater obstacle since it carries the implication that the ability was specifically removed rather than simply not discovered. That said we know next to nothing about magic so the writers are hardly backed into any kind of corner at this point.