Forums > RWBY

RWBY VOLUME 6 IN DEPTH DISCUSSION THREAD| Argus

Posts (4954)

• TheGuyFromTheInternet

TheGuyFromTheInternet

#33717851 - 7 months ago

In reply to cbwriter

That's pretty good. Admittedly, that is better. A lot more story telling opportunities to be had there than what I had in mind. It shows how big of a world Remnant is without being all over the place.

• MarkPayton

MarkPayton FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold BloodMoon

#33717890 - 7 months ago

conspiracy theory alert!!!

...what if Ozpin and Salem are secretly on the same side?  after all, they both use other people, for their own purposes...  Salem recruits thugs & criminals, and Ozpin literally possesses people, along with assembling an army of loyalists...  Ozpin's real body just might look similar to Salem's body...  the so-called gods of light & darkness may actually just be Ozpin & Salem...  and they may be the last two of their kind, with their kind being an ancient race that predates humans and faunus...  possible evidence to support this theory?  Salem has that crystal in her forehead, that looks like dust...  her people may have dust all throughout their entire skeletal structure...  which would mean that dust is a byproduct of humans attempting genocide?  which could explain Salem wanting to kill them all?

we may not get any answers to these questions, at least until volume 9 or so...  but still, I hope we get to see more of Zwei the Super Corgi...  lol

• TristanJoestar

TristanJoestar

#33718164 - 7 months ago

Ok, so Neath retweeted a post with Nora, and called her his wife. And Neath voices Ren. Does this mean the two are confirmed to do such? And will they.. fondue?

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33718211 - 7 months ago

Bruh. really. Go fanfic somewhere else. this is a section for theories and wants. not pervy stuff.

• GammaEmerald

GammaEmerald

#33718302 - 7 months ago

That should be in the RWBY ships thread but you don’t need to be rude about it

• TheGuyFromTheInternet

TheGuyFromTheInternet

#33718328 - 7 months ago

In relevance with shipping, I hope they're not setting up the ship between Weiss and Jaune. Volume 5 seems to suggest that. Parallels with Weiss getting impaled by Cinder just to taunt Jaune. It felt rushed and unnatural. If they were going for Jaune and Weiss pairing, they need a lot of development between Weiss and Jaune. At this point, Ruby is more suitable to be paired with Jaune since she spent time with him in their journey and shares a trauma (Pyrrha) which makes their pairing more practical than the Jaune and Weiss pairing.

Just wanted to get that out there. Not shipping anyone here. Just saying if they were planning to do what I think they were gonna do, then I hope it doesn't feel unnatural or forced.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33718476 - 7 months ago

In reply to TheGuyFromTheInternet

Maybe they used that as a spark. White Knight is my #1 shipping. Maybe your overthinking it. I know that Jaune and Weiss seem like they don't have anything in common, but to be fair that's because we know nothing about his family other than they're a family of warriors and he has seven sisters.

I personally think it would be a good way to start off the White Knight shipping. I think it starts with Jaune saving Weiss, then she thanks him by treating him to lunch or something, then they start opening up to each other and hanging out more. Little by little, Weiss starts to fall for Jaune by seeing that he is completely different from all the other boys she's known.

I think once we meet Jaunes family, then we will really see a start for the White Knight

• TheGuyFromTheInternet

TheGuyFromTheInternet

#33718507 - 7 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I guess I thought of the White Knight shipping to be rushed because of the poorly executed volume but I guess it works as an opener to white knight in later volumes.

• acw28

acw28

#33718520 - 7 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

First three volumes have turned me off of shipping White Knight. Not saying I'd drop the series immediately if it happens, but I'd definitely be voicing my complaints, especially if it happens in the next volume as it would likely be too rushed and poorly executed.

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33718537 - 7 months ago

In reply to acw28

I think White Knight could actually work (though I'm not sure if I want it) by emphasizing that Jaune is not only completely different from most of the gold diggers Weiss is used to (as Dinobot said) but also completely different from how Jaune himself used to be back when he was actively pursuing her. 

Make it clear that if Volume 1-2 Jaune had actually gotten his wish and entered a romantic relationship with Weiss it would have been a trainwreck because he was way to immature back then to make a relationship with her work. The same goes for Weiss herself but to a lesser degree.

• GammaEmerald

GammaEmerald

#33718662 - 7 months ago

I feel like Jaune only really thought he had a chance because Weiss called “tall dark and scraggly” in season one

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33718667 - 7 months ago

In reply to GammaEmerald

Pretty much Jaune thought Weiss was complimenting him during the night not realizing he was the butt of her joke probably because he tuned in part way through and only heard part of what she said.

Then later he probably thought she was playing hard to get.

Its really clear Jaune doesnt have much dating history if any so he just didnt get it because he lacked the experience.

If Weiss had sat Jaune down and said to him straight she wasnt interested at all I think Jaune would have stopped. But I think Jaune who clearly had a crush on Weiss and no experience in this wasnt getting the subtle hints.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33718686 - 7 months ago

Having the the White Knight shipping happen would not be the end of the world. Having one little classic fairy tale event wouldn't be so bad. (Of course we don't really know if Jaune is the peasent boy. He could be the prince walking among the commoners for all we know)

In reply to AenarTenthSkraeling

Thanks for agreeing with me.

In reply to acw28

I want the White Knight shipping to happen, but I agree that it shouldn't be rushed. In the next volume,  we should at least have a scene or episode where Weiss thanks Jaune for saving her life.  And little by little, Weiss falls for Jaune after she realizes Jaune likes her for who she is and not her family name. Weiss really needs a boy like Jaune in her life, but I agree that the shipping should be developed slowly, like Kagome and Inuyasha

My point exactly.

• GammaEmerald

GammaEmerald

#33718690 - 7 months ago

if they do white knight I want it to be kinda awkward 

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33718735 - 7 months ago

I'll be honest if you asked this in like V2 I would say no, but honestly the way they are now I'd find it believable. WhiteKnight could work if they did it right, it wouldn't be just for ships sake either it could be a great way for them to explore how much they changed. It could also be used to explore the loss of Pyrrha as part of the journey for him being able to move on with his life.

• acw28

acw28

#33718781 - 7 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Pretty much everything revan said is my response to this. To expand on that I feel that Weiss is essentially Jaune's first tangible crush, and what we saw in the first three volumes was Jaune latching onto that and trying to make it work. Speaking personally as someone who went through something similar, it took time but I eventually realized that the I liked girl I was going after much better as a friend than I ever would have as anything more. That is what I think Jaune's relationship with Weiss should evolve into, moving away from a crush and to a deep friendship. I don't say that in any kind of disrespect, it's completely alright if you ship something I don't, I'm not looking to vilify you or anything of the sort. I do agree that it could work if written carefully but it's not something that I want to see. I can see, like JROY suggested, the relationship being used to explore how the characters have developed since volume 1, but I feel that there are other ways to do this that won't alienate the majority of the community.

As I said before, it's completely fine that we ship different pairings. Right now I think it'll be interesting if some of the minor characters from the previous volumes are given a bit more prominence and become the "B-cast" that JNPR were originally going to be, which of course might result in the prevalence of more crack shipping. And on that side note, am I the only one who wants to see Jaune and Yang get together (assuming there is no Pyrrha revival, which is a whole other topic that I won't get into here) or think that Weiss and Flint would make an interesting pairing?

• notvai4

notvai4

#33718810 - 7 months ago

I think people are being a bit harsh to Jaune. I'm not advocating the "annoy a person until they cave" strategy, but to be completely fair, Weiss was putting him down for assuming something completely unrelated to him that was false, and then turned around and accepted another flirt immediately just because he looked cool. Weiss has by far gone through the most change of the cast, while I'd say Jaune's really only had his situation change, as opposed to his views and such. So in how I'd view the situation, you'd have Weiss maybe opening up to the idea that Jaune's always been a pretty great guy, rather than him having suddenly matured, which I'm not really sure he has in that way. It would of course happen over a fair stretch of time, the effects of what happened with Pyrrha still being very present in the group.

In reply to acw28

Yang and Jaune is my crack ship of choice for sure, and would love to see that somehow work its way into reality. I could see Weiss and Flynt working out, or at least being interesting. On that note, c'mon CRWBY, give us the rest of FNKI in Atlas!

• lena27

lena27

#33718818 - 7 months ago

In reply to notvai4

Forget FNKI, what about CFVY?? One of the biggest disappointments in V5 for me is deff no CFVY showing up.

• notvai4

notvai4

#33718823 - 7 months ago

I imagine CFVY is still helping out in Vale. The rest of SSSN not showing up though...

Further on the topic of teams we wanna see more of, how many other people wouldn't mind seeing CRDL with a real year's worth of experience under their belt? And hopefully grown up a bit attitude-wise. (Or maybe they're destined to always be awful and I'm just reading too many fanfics.)

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33718828 - 7 months ago

In reply to notvai4

You’re reading too many fanfics. If anyone deserves redemption it’s Roman Torchwick because GOD I miss that man’s charisma and snark.

• Dinobot01

#33718842 - 7 months ago

In reply to JROY

That is the perfect way for White Knight to start. Great idea.

• Dinobot01

#33718848 - 7 months ago

In reply to acw28 

Well, I understand your point of view and you make some good points. However, I've seen the situation Jaune and Weiss are in. I had two childhood friends, and I'm not making this up, who where very similar to Jaune and Weiss. The guy had a crush on the girl. He did everything he could to try and win her over, but while she thought he was a nice guy and everything, she just didn't see him as her type. However, after some time had passed she began to realize that he was everything she was looking for in a guy. So, they started hanging out more without me, and after a while they finally began dating.  

Jaune and Weiss would be perfect together. Weiss needs a boy who wants to be with her for her personality and is not like all those other jerks she's used to. And Jaune needs a girl who......well, he needs a girl. Of course, I don't want it to happen right off the bat. Let it grow and let them get to know each other a little better. I know everyone is still grieving over Pyrrha.

I want it to happen, just not all at once

• GammaEmerald

GammaEmerald

#33718873 - 7 months ago

I’ll say this again, we should keep shop talk to the dedicated thread. WRT other teams I’d like to see FNKI in Atlas but we didn’t get a SSSN appearance at Haven so my hopes are low. I would like to see CRDL return; anyone else kinda think Cardin is like Groose from Skyward Sword? I’d love for that kind of return if you know what I mean

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33718895 - 7 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

Amen to that

giphy.gif

• Dreamsandweirdness

Dreamsandweirdness FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33718958 - 7 months ago

I totally forgot about the existence of the community site XD I changed name btw if anyone gets confused with what I'm replying to

I saw V4 and V5 as "knowledge", so maybe "creation"? Either way we'll just have to wait to find out

In reply to tin-foilhat

tbh I don't know what you're replying to so yeah