Forums > RWBY

RWBY VOLUME 6 IN DEPTH DISCUSSION THREAD| TRAILER DROP!

Posts (2490)

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33721719 - 5 months ago

In reply to Crimson_King_9

Emerald and Mercury sure, but not necessarily Cinder, she can stay a power hungry narcissistic egomaniac because that's EXACTLY the kind of person that Salem would find easy to control and dispose of when no longer needed, Emerald and Mercury however have potential 

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33721721 - 5 months ago

OK! This is cool!!!

• crazz

crazz

#33722023 - 5 months ago

In reply to drpainkiller I don't see any practicality in that kind of semblance. It would basically be a "fuck you dad" ability that wouldn't help him in a fight. In fact, it would only worsen any situation since Ozpin is way more skilled than him and would be needed untill Oscar learns to fight properly. Plus once Ozpin and Oscar eventually combine souls, Oscar's semblance will be completely useless.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33722159 - 5 months ago

Get this, everyone. I just watched the Batman Ninja movie. It's an anime Batman movie made in Japan where Gorilla Grodd creates a time machine and sends Batman, his crew and some if his classic villains to Feudal Era Japan.

One of my biggest surprises was that Catwoman looks like an adult version of Nora!!! I'm not kidding. She looks like an adult Nora!! Watch the movie and see for yourself. The movie was great, so it will be worth it

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33722214 - 5 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01 I saw an ad for that!

• FennecAlbain

FennecAlbain

#33722231 - 5 months ago

I if Cinder doesn't come back...I'll be yangry.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33722326 - 5 months ago

In reply to Whiterosepetal

Well, it's true!!! See the movie for yourself!! Catwoman looks like an adult Nora!! The movie is great, so it will be worth it

• tarielsky

tarielsky

#33722329 - 5 months ago

Late post but OMG that fanfic was amazing! Love it! 

• tarielsky

tarielsky

#33722330 - 5 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01 Who made this fanfic? 

• Dinobot01

#33722343 - 5 months ago

In reply to tarielsky

Not sure.I found it at random on tumbler, Search"There's an extra 'o' ". It's in the photos part. This is a issue that needs to be dealt with in the next season

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33722424 - 5 months ago

Hey, I actually made a forum for people like me to a) scream about why the writers wrote themselves into a corner and b) People to scream about why she cant be dead. Its called Cinder fail. Get it? I thought it was very PUNNY and I cant wait for it to crash and CINDER. (Sorry I love yang puns)

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33722426 - 5 months ago

But, in all seriousness, yes, Jaunes outlook needs to change in some way.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33722495 - 5 months ago

Welp, I know how Weiss and Ruby ended up on the Nevermore in Volume 1 now.

• tarielsky

tarielsky

#33722507 - 5 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01 Thank you for sending me in the right direction. 

http://mrk50.tumblr.com/post/170564148158/you-matter-part-1-part-2-a-rwby-fancomic-i for anyone who would like to know. Can also google You matter tumblr Rwby and it should be the first to show. 

I would very much appreciate a scene like this in the show. 

My little sis and I like to joke around about Juane. copying the phrase "and Juane" when Nora states what is great about team JNPR, but Juane is a great character. I dont feel like he is putting himself down per say, he knows where he stands. He just needs more encouragement from his friends. 

• Dinobot01

#33722534 - 5 months ago

In reply to tarielsky

You are absolutely right

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33722621 - 5 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I like Jaune, but a lot of fans feel that his character arc and progression comes at the COST of other characters, especially in regards to the main girls. 

I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but I think they have a point. For one Ruby Rose is the main character, but JAUNE gets more meaningful development in the last few episodes than she has had since V1.

I love the girl, don’t get me wrong, but what happened to her insecurities being a leader? Having friends? Ozpin thrust her into this big position she demonstrated a clear reluctance. 

When I look at Ruby I don’t see the leader of a team. I see a young girl striving to be a hero and her friends holding her up. Don’t get me wrong, that kind of characterization and dynamic is fine. It creates the sense they’re all on equal playing grounds emotionally even if she is the “leader.” 

Jaune as a leader? I get because, well, what else is on his team? He’s obviously a big brother type of character. He has a lot of sisters and probably expected it of himself to be the protector growing up. Nora and Ren are too co-dependent, and Pyrrha was too much of a pushover...

• emilyblack

emilyblack

#33722647 - 5 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

I honestly don't know what it is about Ruby that frustrates me more and I would be here all day if you asked me to list them out. Im not sure what the fix for this situation is either, and I don't claim to know, but her as a character is currently one of the biggest anchors weighing down my enjoyment of the show. 

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33722671 - 5 months ago

iBurn would have fit better as a pun in that sentence, just saying. It even still ties back to Cinder since its her profile name.  weiss

• Dinobot01

#33722680 - 5 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

Your right. That is not a popular opinion. Jaune is my number 1 character. I think Jaune has had less development than Ruby. We just recently got to see what EXACTLY his semblance is and we don't know anything about his family other than he has 7 sisters and he comes from a line of warriors.

Here's some questions: If he wanted to be a huntsmen s badly, why didn't he go to combat school like the others? What is his family history? Is he really descended from the Warrior King? Why does Tyrian find him "interesting"? What exactly is his role in the show?

Ruby wanted to be a huntress because she wants to be like the fairy tale heroes. Ruby has a half-sister, a dad, an uncle and a deceased mother. Salem wants her because she is a Silver Eyed Warrior. Her EXACT role in the show is as the main character.

See what I mean? What I'm saying is, just because she's the main character doesn't mean Jaune, Ren and Nora shouldn't get their chance to shine and make a place for themselves in the show. They need to have a role to play in the big picture too. 

I think RT is trying to show that they don't play favorites with the characters and that they will all get character development. I think their just trying to be fair with the characters

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33722783 - 5 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01 That moment when you realize that its not his semblance and he's just feeding her aura. ( Jaune said so!)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33722789 - 5 months ago

It IS his semblance though yes his semblance is giving his aura to enhance others but its extremely powerful if used right.

What he was saying was his semblance wasnt healing. Because his semblance is enhancing others aura which has a side effect that is healing.

As for Jaune being the  great great grandson of the King of Vale that is a theory. So far Jaune is the only character connected to the great war. He says his great great grandfather was a hero but doesnt go into details unlike Weiss's grandfather Old Nick for example. 

Jaune's original sword design was the exact same one on the statue at beacon which has Jaune looking up at with a face that says how do I live up to that example?

Jaune's sword is called crocea mors. Crocea Mors is actually a real world famous sword used by Julius Caesar which got stuck in an enemies shield.

Crocea Mors means in Latin Yellow death. And The King of Vale in the Great War WOR from Vol 4 is seen using a Yellowish Orange blade. While the Blade is a different design then what Jaune uses since WOR are stylized with an art style that might be a case of Art difference or intentionally different to throw off people.

So right now Just a theory no more no less but there is some things that might come together to make it a fact.

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33722815 - 5 months ago

I just read a page from a fanfic that would defiantly add fuel to fire that make's pyrrha more valuable to salem with her semblance, it involves the iron in the bloodstream of the human body and intense focus that she would be a blood bender but doing so would be draining as a result.

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33722835 - 5 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Jaune's sword is called crocea mors. Crocea Mors is actually a real world famous sword used by Julius Caesar which got stuck in an enemies shield.

Crocea Mors means in Latin Yellow death. And The King of Vale in the Great War WOR from Vol 4 is seen using a Yellowish Orange blade. While the Blade is a different design then what Jaune uses since WOR are stylized with an art style that might be a case of Art difference or intentionally different to throw off people.

The bolded part seems pretty important. I think its more likely that if Crocea Mors really did belong to the Last King of Vale then Jaune is descended from one of his enemies rather than the King himself. 

Although personally I subscribe to the theory that the reason the King of Vale is the only WoR character whose character scheme isn't uniform is because the sword and crown were Relics, and they were given different colors from the King to highlight how important and special they are. In comparison the king's "scepter" matches the green color of the King. Assuming that the king was a previous incarnation of Ozpin (which seems all but confirmed) that fits with the Relic theory since Ozpin has specifically confirmed that his cane is not a Relic and is just important to him, hence it matching the green of Ozpin while the Relics, which are their own thing also have their own colors.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33722841 - 5 months ago

In reply to AenarTenthSkraeling

Not really because Jaune's sword is sheathed in the shield which is where they are referencing the stuck in the shield part.

Jaune is by having that sheathing mechanic in place referencing it without actually being 1 to 1.

So that argument more or less falls flat due to the allusions already present.

Also it runs into another issue that Jaune specifically says his Great Great Grandfather was a hero which if he fought the King of vale does not make him a hero since the king of Vale is considered by far and wide to be the hero of the Great War from what I can take from it.

Also another thing is the King gave up his power and vanished after the great war.

The sword and Crown are not relics.

We currently dont know what the other 3 relics look like but there is a theory that they look like the symbols of the kingdom since Mistral's looks like the only relic we do know the lamp. But only time will tell if the 1 example because the norm or not.

V2_03_00027.png

None of the current symbols are crowns.

Also it runs into another issue the other kings also have something unique

Wor_great_war_00009.png

This is Mistral's emperor who wears a Green Necklace

Wor_great_war_00024.png

The Mantle King wears a Bear skin Cape

And while the queen of Vaccuo doesnt have a unique item on her she does have horns.

Also the Kings Cloak is very clearly a different shade of green then he is.

So basically the idea that because the King's crown and sword are different colors it must be a relic runs into a large wall.

Instead its most likely the different designs plus different colors is meant to make them stick out since the people are given the same colors as their nations

Wor_great_war_00021.png

Now the Crown might be another item of importance something being hinted at but we dont have the clues for just yet. But I dont think its a relic based on everything we are seeing.

I think the symbols being the relics is probably correct.

tumblr_static_jaunescrest.png

Also as an aside this is Jaune's Family symbol

Diadems look a LOT like this when looked at from above and men can wear it in fact Persian kings were known for this.

So were Roman emperor's after a certain point.

And if you look The King of Vale's crown looks like a Half Crown design so its very possible the symbol is to remind himself what he gave up and it became the family symbol.

Now its nothing but a theory and we really dont have anything just yet so its impossible to actually say its one thing or not just yet.

Even the Relic looking like the symbol may turn out to be a single event rather then the trend.