Forums > RWBY

RWBY VOLUME 6 IN DEPTH DISCUSSION THREAD| Seeing Red

Posts (5972)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33723026 - 8 months ago

In reply to AenarTenthSkraeling

While I think probably not for those examples the basic idea of a nomadic lifestyle is possible.

We just currently dont know as outside of a few facts from him we have almost nothing about his home life or even what it entailed.

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33723032 - 8 months ago

In reply to revanninja

His parents didn't want to bother raising him so they sent him to summer camp?

camp_rwby_rwby_by_saintssister47-dbk80t4

https://saintssister47.deviantart.com/art/Camp-Rwby-Rwby-699094552

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33723033 - 8 months ago

While funny probably not based on a few comments he has made.

I think its most likely Jaune was babied a lot as we are told he is on the younger side of his family by Kerry. Now that might mean he is 6th 7th or 8th child out of 8, Seven sisters plus him equals 8 children, we currently dont know where he is placed.

Since Jaune is 17 and the younger side of the family he has a good chance of having older adult sisters.

So there is a better then average chance being the only boy he might have been treated with kid gloves which is his whole he got a tent alone because he was the special boy lines up with.

So I am personally thinking overprotective family of the only boy.

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33723061 - 8 months ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...

What do you guys think?

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33723068 - 8 months ago

In reply to EmeraldKiwi94

He does have a point. RT never really shown or dealt into the Faunas discrimination. But, it was never really a part of the show I cared for. So, I'm happy that it seems that they aren't going into it anymore. Unless, they show it in Atlus, which is supposed to be the center of Faunas hatred. Whether or not, they focus on it. I don't really care. But, to be honest, discrimination is not something I like to see in a show I love so much

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33723069 - 8 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Yeah, I never really cared about the Faunus discrimination plot either. I'm a little interested to see if they do something with it in Atlas, but if they don't I wouldn't mind. Actually I'd prefer if they didn't do much with it. I'd rather they use the time in Atlas for Weiss and her family plot and the Relic plot.

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33723188 - 8 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Do you remember Velvet? The whole Faunus discrimination plot line is central to Blake’s character arc and was the very reason she went to Beacon. To become a valued member of society who didn’t stand by or something.

But I agree that I think moving on from the Faunus plot line is for the best. Making a fictional minority group based on animals and putting them through oppression that mirrors RW minorities, who constantly struggle still not be deprived of their humanity and one of said ways to best dehumanize someone is too compare them to an animal... Yeah. 

Like, I get what CRWBY was trying to go for but it still leaves an u fortunate taste in my mouth. That even those these ARE a people with their own complexities, cultures, etc., that are no different from you, they still ARE animal-based which is what the oppressed are trying to do away with so...

• wolf-rain

wolf-rain

#33723226 - 8 months ago

knock knock. anyone home? :D 

.. oh fudge, i've missed.... a fudge ton. 

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33723248 - 7 months ago

Okay, so this isint as much a theory as a question. WHere did their stuff from before season 3 go? Was it destroyed @ the battle of beacon, or do they still have it @their house?

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33723249 - 7 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat Yeah, the Faunas discrimination arc was central to Blake (and Weiss a little(?)) charecter development, but RWBY &co are my escape from this shitty world of finals projects and cramming we live in, and I am fine with problems similar to RW issues, but racism in a show that is my outlet from reality is not something I dont want that much.I'm not saying do away with things like stress, loss, regret, and other issues, but racism is just something that takes a whole seperate show and mission to poke at, and I feel that if they want to do that in the world of RWBY, it will have to be a seperate show/spinoff.

• wolf-rain

wolf-rain

#33723295 - 7 months ago

hey guys, update! I just got word volume 5 dvd releases June 5?! 

AND THE SOUNDTRACK ALBUM IS A CLOSE BEHIND?!

hype.

• tarielsky

tarielsky FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33723315 - 7 months ago

That is interesting that you guys feel that way about the Faunas/ Blake arc and I totally understand your reasons. I would actually really like to dwell deep into the subject, I felt like this show hits home in really raw areas, and honestly RWBY isn't rainbows and sunshine. We'll just have to wait and see what CRWBY does. 

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life

#33723322 - 7 months ago

In reply to wolf-rain

You want to talk about hype Killmonger has been confirmed for Gen:lock

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33723327 - 7 months ago

In reply to Bumblebee4life

I KNOW RIGHT!!!

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33723328 - 7 months ago

Do you mean that Micheal B Jordan is going to voice Julian Chase?

Nvm: that is what you meant.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjDqRwAB7ib/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=zinuk3iaq5s9

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33723333 - 7 months ago

DdzngDWU0AAj9fF.jpg

The Blake Panther. 

Of course her superhero code name would be Panthera. (Pan-th-air-a)

• AenarTenthSkraeling

#33723336 - 7 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Well.... There can only really be one response to that...

y0RM2zM.jpg

• Dinobot01

#33723352 - 7 months ago

True that

• wolf-rain

wolf-rain

#33723389 - 7 months ago

In reply to JROY

... :D

I feel like I should know who this is? fill me in?

In reply to Dinobot01

xD lol

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33723395 - 7 months ago

In reply to wolf-rain

Creed and Kilmonger or the guy in the picture a couple posts above.

• AenarTenthSkraeling

#33723403 - 7 months ago

Speaking of MCU though. Assuming that the Relics are like the Infinity Stones and each have unique powers even before you collect them all for ultimate cosmic power, what do you suppose each Relic could do? Knowledge for example could have a lot of potential powers. Like maybe they will give us more details on the villain backstories next volume by using the Relic of Knowledge in a Ghost of Christmas Past style?

• wolf-rain

wolf-rain

#33723405 - 7 months ago

In reply to JROY

shut. up. THATS AWESOME OH MY GOD!

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33723425 - 7 months ago

#GHOSTOFBEACONPAST

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33723426 - 7 months ago