Forums > RWBY

RWBY VOLUME 6 IN DEPTH DISCUSSION THREAD| TRAILER DROP!

Posts (2478)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33726419 - 4 months ago

In reply to emilyblack

My step mother hated my guts and worked to get me kicked out was my Xmas present in a few years.

And I had to pretend everything was ok to keep the peace.

So I think it's more walks of life thing then you realize

From my phone 

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33726420 - 4 months ago

In reply to revanninja

From your phone, there is such a thing as an auto-correct.  USE IT.  Doesn't take me any more than two or three seconds.  Also, totally love how you, in one breath, not only just "disagree", but blanket me with not knowing a damn thing about the subject at hand.  That's been your claim most of the time to people: "I disagree and you don't know anything" while crying and screaming.  Well, what the fuck do YOU know about these things?  It is FACT that Ruby had no part in taking Roman out.  But if you wanna cry/whine/scream some more, go right ahead.  Wah.  Wah.  WAH.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33726422 - 4 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Actually auto correct is the problem but you don't think of that at all.

No it's called I don' agree with you but I don' have time to show examples I am at work Wright about to go on.

So I don't have time to debate and actually explain also you'e attitude on this is terrible and I really don' have a desire to deal with it again.

So you are wrong on auto correct and what I am doing but you don' realize that.

From my phone 

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33726423 - 4 months ago

In reply to revanninja

My attitude reflects the overall quality of this show.  I give back what I am given.  I am going to be honest: the ONLY reason I am still watching is to satisfy my honor code of the three-strike rule.  I am no fan of this anymore, I am watching purely from an analytical perspective.  For example, I will be SHOCKED if they even bother with handling any tension between Yang and Blake for Blake up and leaving the team at their lowest point.  Blake KNEW of Yang's abandonment issues, because that was a BIG part of how Yang got Blake to FINALLY take a fucking rest from trying to find the White Fang and Roman Torchwick.  The build-up is now FAR too big to have a simple "we're back together" hug to be the payoff.  It's one of those things that, if that's all it takes for the two of them to be "all good", it's going to be the third strike.  At that point, the writers will have told me that no inter-character tension matters, hell, that no character DEVELOPMENT matter, unless it somehow helps the overarching "fetch quest" plot.

• revanninja

#33726424 - 4 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Don' agree with that at all.

But that isn't an argument I should be having with you.

From my phone 

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33726426 - 4 months ago

You are spending too much time looking for things that are wrong, you miss diagnose some as wrong and miss what is right, only do that with Bayformers and Shamalon's stuff (and the movie adaptation of Eragon)

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33726465 - 4 months ago

Can we please stop arguing and instead focus on the fact that RWBY Chibi will return on june 30th and will feature Klein?

• tarielsky

tarielsky

#33726469 - 4 months ago

In reply to AenarTenthSkraeling Omg, I'm so excited for RWBY Chibi now! Klein is the best, always got to love the butler. He's gonna be adorable in chibi form. 

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33726474 - 4 months ago

Ok someone a friend of mine were discussing the big rewrite that was mentioned in the V5 commentary but does anyone know if they said if its was the plotline they said they were pushing back?

• revanninja

#33726480 - 4 months ago

In reply to JROY

I havent heard the commentary yet myself but so far I think its the same but not said as much.

Because it was first mentioned in the AMA and was made clear it was a BIG thing they cut but they werent fully cutting only moving back.

And Miles said it was the biggest rewrite of RWBY as far as he is concerned.

So i think chances are high they are one in the same.

• revanninja

#33726481 - 4 months ago

In reply to tarielsky

In reply to AenarTenthSkraeling

Sweet and Klein looks awesome though Weiss has an odd look on her face cant really place it to be honest almost annoyed which is odd.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33726484 - 4 months ago

I only got to ep 5 of the commentary, but I am thinking Ruby x Oscar and maybe some other ships

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33726486 - 4 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Well if it is Pyrrha's mom that was the plotline and is also whats rewrite...this volume's gotten more intriguing. 

• revanninja

#33726487 - 4 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

No the people who have gotten further have reported it was a new character and plotline entirely and I have seen that repeated by several people.

• revanninja

#33726489 - 4 months ago

In reply to JROY

I am hoping it is because she was suppose to be a voice over all the way back in vol 2 but they cut it which if the next time she appears is suppose to be vol 5ish then it makes sense as holding a VA that isnt in house for that long and not have them work would be an issue unto itself.

And the reason why I think she got cut this volume and moved back is because she is going to be BIG. And I think she will be big for Jaune personally which we know with vol 5 they have had issues over Jaune with Fans being all over the board.

Based on a few things Miles has been saying I dont think Fan response is going to hold them back because Miles has flat out said Fuck everybody anger is great and generally seems to be getting more in touch with his angery side. Which makes me think its part the response to Jaune where people have accussed Kerry of Lying on the AMA about how Miles doesnt really write for Jaune and Miles getting into being an angry Jaune.

• JROY

#33726490 - 4 months ago

In reply to revanninja

They said a long while back that Pyrrha's mom does have an important role in the series, so this will be interesting. I really like the idea of her maybe being based on Achilles mom like a couple people have suggested.

• JROY

#33726491 - 4 months ago

A couple other things I think we'll see. I think we'll be seeing a lot of interaction between Blake and Yang. Also Weiss is obviously going to get a lot of focus related to her family, I actually would love to see her interaction with Blake's family and experience a more normal and loving family.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33726493 - 4 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Really?  They're angry?  Good.  Then let them channel that anger into their writing.  Show us up.  To use a modified quote from Read or Die TV: "Kill me with your writing!"  Give me a reason to, when I take a fine-toothed comb to this show and stress-test it to hell and back, say "Well done, guys".

• revanninja

#33726495 - 4 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Yeah not what I was talking about and not a good thing.

Its in response to people basically going Miles is white/trash/homophobic/texan.....etc and basically treating him like he is the most HORRIBLE things.

To give an example of that they call Jaune as a self insert of miles or a Gary sue and is in fact what was the question that spawned Kerry telling us he is the one who writes Jaune plots now because Miles dislikes writing Jaune because of everything.

So no not a good thing at all.

Because it may not be channeled into the writing because that may not be the FOCUS of the writing and what they are aiming for. 

So not a good thing and more examples of Toxic behavior of the fandom which is NEVER a good thing.

• HunterBlaine

HunterBlaine FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33726507 - 4 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

You know I didn’t even think about that? If they brush aside the tension that SHOULD be there with Yang and Blake or they barely do anything with it, thats honestly going to be my strike 2, speaking in terms of your system.

I hope Im wrong though. Ive been so sick this last year, I don’t have the energy to be angry at this show like I used to. Im honestly to the point where Im begging them to stop messing up.

• EliseProudmoore

EliseProudmoore

#33726518 - 4 months ago

What do we post about Vol 6 in here, just our general predictions?

• revanninja

#33726524 - 4 months ago

In reply to HunterBlaine

They arent going to.

Even in vol 5 while Yang didnt fight the hug for long it was clear there was tension and upset emotions.

With Vol 5 ending it was less this is all forgiven and more like you came back and I am happy about but still upset and this is the wrong time and place to voice that.

A Lot of vol 5 is Yang growing up or I should say showing us she has matured. 

So I dont think they are going to just sweep it and rather Yang is going to hash it out behind closed doors.

Dont be surprised if they make it LOOK like all is forgiven and swept away like how in vol 5 they made it look like Yang was going after her mother when instead it was still Ruby her mother was just the quickest means to the end. So we might get an episode or 2 where Yang and Blake dont show any tension but then an episode where they are alone and Yang just loses it.

• acw28

acw28

#33726532 - 4 months ago

In reply to EliseProudmoore

Just general predictions at the moment. Once RTX rolls around we'll be overanalyzing everything that was said or unsaid at the panals.

• tarielsky

tarielsky

#33726533 - 4 months ago

In reply to revanninja OMG, Yes, please! I need exactly what you described to happen between Yang and Blake! I also want to see Ruby break, it sounds so mean but she needs to crumble after all that has happened. 

• EliseProudmoore

EliseProudmoore

#33726534 - 4 months ago

In reply to acw28

Well that’s good to know. I never know what threads to go to when I first join forums like this