Forums > RWBY

RWBY VOLUME 6 IN DEPTH DISCUSSION THREAD| That's all she wrote.

Posts (6770)

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33733857 - 9 months ago

In reply to revanninja

And I'm saying that since the things Blake loves are just a means to and end for Adam, that Adam would not bother with a long, drawn-out death for them.  He's trying to draw out BLAKE'S suffering, not the suffering of those Blake loves.  You DID post this line: Bring her to me alive but not before you've slaughtered her family. I have a promise to keep."  Will the rank-and-file White Fang bother drawing out the deaths of Blake's family?  Would Ilia have, if she had chosen to stay with the White Fang?  No, they wouldn't, and that very quote makes it clear that Adam's not going to do the job himself, either.  To him, Blake's family dying and Blake surviving it is Blake suffering.  So why then would it not be the same for Yang?  Remember, he says that he's going to "destroy" everything Blake loves.  For what we've seen of him, Adam IS pragmatic enough to know that keeping one of Blake's loved ones alive only gives her a chance to rescue them.  So why give her the chance to begin with?  It's counter-productive to his stated goal, and he's shown enough to know that.  Leaving Yang, and by extension anyone that Blake loves, is Bond Villain Stupidity.

I'm not forgetting any of Adam's lines, I'm taking them into account.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33733860 - 9 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

No they wouldnt but at that point Adam is more worried about the Belladonna's you are forgetting its not just Her at that point. Ghira has the ability to take away the white fang. He was after all the former leader of the White Fang and he still has power.

Its more then just blake at that point.

You are forgetting Yang was RIGHT there vs Blake's family he could actually control it. Which that DOES make a difference.

One is a few feet away another is on a completely different land mass to him. It does matter wright.

Because he WANTS to abuse and torture Blake. He makes that clear he WANTS to make Blake hurt and suffer.

Something you dont seem to consider adam ISNT leaving anyone alive. he is just making it slow and Painful to die which is VASTLY different and is in fact my POINT.

He isnt trying to leave a single person alive but he does want and makes moves to torture and draw out Yang's death right in front of blake.

Its not at ALL counter-productive Wright in fact its VERY productive to his stated goal he wants to DESTROY what Blake loves. And with yang he was going to do that by slowly torturing and killing Yang RIGHT in front of Blake's eyes.

Also no Adam is NOT pragmatic that is made clear over and over again. He makes choices based on hurting people not what is the wisest one.

You REALLY arent taking them into account Wright you are taking the literal meaning and avoiding the intent and the pattern behind them plus circumstances.

Your argument on the Belladonna family shows this as Adam wasnt there so of course he isnt going to do it himself he JUST got the leadership of the Fang he cant risk it just to keep a promise especially with a big plan ahead.

THAT is being stupid if he did that. he has people and he didnt order them to make it slow because Ghira IS a big name the people might balk at it there is a difference between killing someone and dragging it out.

EDIT

Also Slaughter when applied to people it means either killing a large group of people or in this case to kill them in a violent or brutal manner.

He is in fact telling them to make it messy. It may not be a slow torture death but it is meant not to be an easy death.

And even then there is a good chance they will balk at following such an order due to Ghira's history.

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33733932 - 9 months ago

Wait, what? What’s that? In reply to Dinobot01

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33734026 - 9 months ago

In reply to Whiterosepetal

Ruby Rose will play Batwoman in the CW

• cdavis32

cdavis32 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33734045 - 9 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I’d watch it

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33734079 - 9 months ago

I’ll watch it

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33734107 - 9 months ago

In reply to Whiterosepetal

In reply to cdavis32

She'll make her debut in the CW superhero crossover event this season. Her own series will come later

• Dinobot01

#33734108 - 9 months ago

Hey guys! The new Voltron season is out!!! I've watched up to episode 4 and I like what I see so far. We get some confirmed LGBQT characters and some new sparks of romance for a certain Red Paladin. There are 13 episodes this season and I say, So far So good

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33734117 - 9 months ago

Ok so I was standing just in the Panel when the Adam short came in but didn't it confirm that he can use his semblance to attack from a distance?

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33734132 - 9 months ago

In reply to JROY

First I have heard of that.

I personally don't know the small clip I saw didn't show him using it that I saw.

And no one who has reviewed it has said that one way or the other.

From my phone 

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33734142 - 9 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Ok so in a part of the short while Ghira was still was still leader the White Fang A convoy of the white fang (including Ghira, Sienna, and Adam), are attacked by Humans. Que big action scene with Sienna and Adam. Any the fight ends when Adams kills a human by what looked like him using his semblance in a ranged attack to cut the guy in half. You should have heard the audience react to that part. Also I was just inside the panel room so Im not sure if he was actually cut in half but its still by far the bloodiest scene in RWBY so far.

• revanninja

#33734176 - 9 months ago

Okay RWBY chibi just took a crack at the whole silver eyes thing and it being an unexplained power. HAHA.

Also I think Joel was just allowed to write Obleck because that was the most joel thing I have ever heard come from Obleck's mouth.

Joel is the VA for Obleck and Caboose from RvB

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33734190 - 9 months ago

In reply to JROY

That scene got a big pop-off from the Friday group, I know that much.

• JROY

#33734279 - 9 months ago

In reply to jVictor

Yeah thats the one I was at. 

• JROY

#33734281 - 9 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Ok so I saw this at RTX and the Audio wasn't done yet so they had someone just mouth sounds for the audio for the preview.

• revanninja

#33734284 - 9 months ago

In reply to JROY

That honestly sounds like it would have been pretty funny to listen to.

From my phone 

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life

#33734361 - 9 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I've just started getting caught up on Chibi I've finished episodes 9 and 10

• Dinobot01

#33734375 - 9 months ago

Best Voltron season yet! Non-stop action, climatic battles and the finale nearly gave me a heart-attack. At the end of the season; CLIFF HANGER AHOY!!!

• JROY

#33734414 - 9 months ago

In reply to revanninja

It was. We also got a sneak peak of Chibi Coco.

• revanninja

#33734415 - 9 months ago

In reply to JROY

She is honestly going to be riot to listen to I WANT her to take Jaune and remake his fashion only for her to be unable to.

Also what ever happened to the Spring break roadtrip thing they started on? Did they drop it because of the whole breaking the season up to fix Nomad?

• JROY

#33734418 - 9 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Not sure. I thought that was just a one shot honestly.

• revanninja

#33734420 - 9 months ago

In reply to JROY

It seemed with the whole cinder in the car and other things it was going to be like battle of the bands a semi-continuing plot line.

• acw28

acw28

#33734441 - 9 months ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to JROY

Also what ever happened to the Spring break roadtrip thing they started on? 

I mean, didn't they break up the running gags into three or four parts last season? The battle of the bands was introduced with RWBY and Nora, then we had it expanded by Jaune, Ren, Sun and Neptune before we got the introduction of Trouble Cleff, and everything wrapped up in the actual battle. So thus far we've got the opening car trip, and I feel like there was a part two of the series but I can't recall.

In reply to JROY

In reply to revanninja

It was. We also got a sneak peak of Chibi Coco.

Once more, I ask who will be getting the make over. Or maybe she'll be showing up to protect Velvet from Cardin?

• Fudgemint

Fudgemint

#33734472 - 9 months ago

Just now catching up with the news and remembered I have an account here after...a lot of months. (Where did the year go?)  I don't have too much to say about Volume 6, though I am hopeful. I'll still  keep my expectations at a healthy low like I do with anything, but it was nice to here they're changing things up with how production is handled. 

The Adam short has my interest and people leaking footage of it just burns my brownies. It's not like we have to wait a year for it or something!

My biggest concern with the short and Volume 6 is the stain left by Volume 5. As they won't magically un-weenie Adam, and even if the stupidity of...practically everyone is addressed, it still happened. At the very least, I hope they stop dancing around "spoilers" and actually write with said "spoilers" in mind, also not waste time with awkward pauses and the like.

I don't know what my feelings on the novel are yet.

• JROY

#33734504 - 9 months ago

Ok kinda off topic but I found some gifs released for The Dragon Prince show. Honestly if These have any thing to say the frame rate thing isn't actually that bad. Also the elves in the show have 4 fingers...thats a first.