Forums > RWBY

RWBY VOLUME 6 IN DEPTH DISCUSSION THREAD (The waiting game begins

Posts (1753)

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33733614 - 1 week ago

In reply to jVictor

Aw I didn't know you were at RTX you should have told me I would have told you the room I was working.

In reply to revanninja

Give me like two hours and I should narrow me down. I did find me in the picture taken above.

• AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush

#33733622 - 1 week ago

In reply to Whiterosepetal

Patience.

Give it about a month or two, and we will probably see the Adam trailer pop up sooner than later.

As a non-spoiler note, it seems like the fight choregraphy has improved a bit if it goes to shove for that trailer, even from a slight POV that is not normal.

Shout-out to Sienna's weapons, as they are rather kickass in their own way and were what I was hoping for. And I hope, it signals that we get to go back a little bit doing Time-Rewinds to Adam Pre-V1 to see more of his dynamic against Sienna, Blake, and Illia.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33733625 - 1 week ago

In reply to AlexanderMBush

Uhm a Month or 2?

Miles or Kerry flat out said it would be out in 2 weeks which means by now we are looking at a week and some days.

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33733626 - 1 week ago

I don’t like waiting. But I will

• AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush

#33733630 - 1 week ago

TakeYourTime.gif

In reply to revanninja

Oh, did they? My mistake.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33733631 - 1 week ago

In reply to AlexanderMBush

Yeah I keep seeing that repeated in the summaries I am reading which are by different people.

They wanted to prevent leaks as much as possible so they are shortening the time between con release and public release making it less attractive to post it.

• jVictor

jVictor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33733654 - 1 week ago

In reply to JROY

I was so busy I barely got a chance to check the forums. I'm definitely going next year, though.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33733675 - 1 week ago

Listen to this, Ruby Rose, yes RUBY ROSE, has been chosen as The CWs Batwoman. Batwoman will make her first appearance in this seasons CW superhero crossover.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33733676 - 1 week ago

I've been wondering something about Aura. It can heal physical wounds, but can it cure poison and venom as well? If it can, then that's even more reason for Jaune to hone his semblance

• jVictor

jVictor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33733679 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I see it like this: Poison/venom causes damage as long as it remains in the body. So it's the equivalent of being stabbed by a foreign object. Aura can heal wounds, so long as the foreign object has been removed. It can't heal a stab wound if the knife is still there. Likewise, it probably can't heal the damage done by poison and venom so long as that poison or venom is still in the body. So it depends on Aura's ability to deal with the damage the poison causes until the body can get rid of the poison naturally. 

However, like in Qrow's case, if the poison causes delirium, making it harder to concentrate, then aura might not figure in at all as the lack of being able to focus would prevent the user from activating their aura in the first place. 

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33733684 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I think its a good choice. Besides her being LGBT and is playing an LGBT character she can pull off the character plain and simple. 

• JROY

#33733685 - 1 week ago

In reply to jVictor

I will say the whole Aura on and off thing is just one big continuity error for the, sometimes the plot calls for it yada yada yada, just my two cents on that.

• JROY

#33733686 - 1 week ago

By the by this was me and my crew for my panel room. I'm the handsome devil on the right.  relaxed

459888-1533582704268-20180805_082754.jpg

• JROY

#33733687 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Listen to this, Ruby Rose, yes RUBY ROSE, has been chosen as The CWs Batwoman. Batwoman will make her first appearance in this seasons CW superhero crossover.
    '

Yeah looks like she's already getting set for the roll...

DkB_YP5UYAAlCsZ.png

• jVictor

#33733690 - 1 week ago

In reply to JROY

I've always considered aura to be "plot Spackle". Just slap it on whenever you see a hole or crack, it'll get the job done.  

• revanninja

#33733693 - 1 week ago

I don't agree aura just has the issue of not being explained well due to the early limits of rwby and is causing issues because of that.

From my phone 

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33733695 - 1 week ago

In reply to JROY

That's funny

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33733839 - 1 week ago

In reply to ZanyGamer196

In reply to revanninja

The point that I've been trying to make in regards to Yang's sparing being OOC for Adam is that the target of his anger, and thus his willingness to make his opponent suffer, is Blake, Not Yang.  I can understand his targets, the end goals being the ones to suffer, but that was never Yang, or by extension, anyone Blake is close to.  He wants BLAKE to suffer, hence he would be trying to take BLAKE apart piece by piece.  Just cutting Yang's arm off is the equivalent of Blake metaphorically losing a pinky finger.  Killing Yang is the metaphorical equivalent of Blake losing HER arm.  So I'm going to maintain that Adam would NOT have left Yang alive, even if he's making his opponents suffer in the Adam short.  They are his current targets.  Yang was just a means to an end, an end with cat ears.

• revanninja

#33733842 - 1 week ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Yes Blake is his end goal but the thing you are HAPPILY forgetting is Adam FLAT out says

Adam: But not before you suffer for your betrayal, my love.

a bit later

Adam: And as I set out upon this world and deliver the justice mankind so greatly deserves, I will make it my mission to destroy everything you love.

Adam WANTS Blake to suffer and he wants to destroy everything blake loves and cares for.

So that means making what Blake cares about suffer to get to blake.

The more we see of Adam the more Adam hates humans but he wants to make them suffer and hurt.

He also says this in vol 5

We can win a war against the humans. Not only because we have the support of Hazel's master, but because the Faunus are the dominant species of this planet. We're better than humans. We have everything humans have and more. Humans shouldn't just fear the Faunus, they should serve the Faunus.

I will not allow them to ruin this. The Belladonna name has brought me nothing but grief. You've done well in finding the deserter. Bring her to me alive but not before you've slaughtered her family. I have a promise to keep.

And this is what Blake says about Adam

At first, I thought Adam was justice. Then, I thought he was passion. But over time, I realized I was wrong. He wasn't any of those things. He was spite- not hatred, not rage, spite. He won't accept equality, only suffering for what he feels the world did to him. And his way of thinking is dangerously contagious.

Adam presents himself like he is this calm person but the reality is he isnt he wants humans to suffer and he wants to make Blake suffer for what he feels she did.

And he WILL without a doubt not kill a human if he is planning on using them for an example like he was trying to do with Yang. 

He was going to torture Yang right in front of Blake he wasnt going to let her live but instead draw out killing her.

That is what you are forgetting this is a pattern with Adam he LIKES to make a display and draw things out.

He wants people to suffer and hurt like he did for what ever happened to him.

EDIT

Okay weird it wont keep the spaces I am placing to separate the quotes.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33733857 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja

And I'm saying that since the things Blake loves are just a means to and end for Adam, that Adam would not bother with a long, drawn-out death for them.  He's trying to draw out BLAKE'S suffering, not the suffering of those Blake loves.  You DID post this line: Bring her to me alive but not before you've slaughtered her family. I have a promise to keep."  Will the rank-and-file White Fang bother drawing out the deaths of Blake's family?  Would Ilia have, if she had chosen to stay with the White Fang?  No, they wouldn't, and that very quote makes it clear that Adam's not going to do the job himself, either.  To him, Blake's family dying and Blake surviving it is Blake suffering.  So why then would it not be the same for Yang?  Remember, he says that he's going to "destroy" everything Blake loves.  For what we've seen of him, Adam IS pragmatic enough to know that keeping one of Blake's loved ones alive only gives her a chance to rescue them.  So why give her the chance to begin with?  It's counter-productive to his stated goal, and he's shown enough to know that.  Leaving Yang, and by extension anyone that Blake loves, is Bond Villain Stupidity.

I'm not forgetting any of Adam's lines, I'm taking them into account.

• revanninja

#33733860 - 1 week ago

In reply to WrightKnight

No they wouldnt but at that point Adam is more worried about the Belladonna's you are forgetting its not just Her at that point. Ghira has the ability to take away the white fang. He was after all the former leader of the White Fang and he still has power.

Its more then just blake at that point.

You are forgetting Yang was RIGHT there vs Blake's family he could actually control it. Which that DOES make a difference.

One is a few feet away another is on a completely different land mass to him. It does matter wright.

Because he WANTS to abuse and torture Blake. He makes that clear he WANTS to make Blake hurt and suffer.

Something you dont seem to consider adam ISNT leaving anyone alive. he is just making it slow and Painful to die which is VASTLY different and is in fact my POINT.

He isnt trying to leave a single person alive but he does want and makes moves to torture and draw out Yang's death right in front of blake.

Its not at ALL counter-productive Wright in fact its VERY productive to his stated goal he wants to DESTROY what Blake loves. And with yang he was going to do that by slowly torturing and killing Yang RIGHT in front of Blake's eyes.

Also no Adam is NOT pragmatic that is made clear over and over again. He makes choices based on hurting people not what is the wisest one.

You REALLY arent taking them into account Wright you are taking the literal meaning and avoiding the intent and the pattern behind them plus circumstances.

Your argument on the Belladonna family shows this as Adam wasnt there so of course he isnt going to do it himself he JUST got the leadership of the Fang he cant risk it just to keep a promise especially with a big plan ahead.

THAT is being stupid if he did that. he has people and he didnt order them to make it slow because Ghira IS a big name the people might balk at it there is a difference between killing someone and dragging it out.

EDIT

Also Slaughter when applied to people it means either killing a large group of people or in this case to kill them in a violent or brutal manner.

He is in fact telling them to make it messy. It may not be a slow torture death but it is meant not to be an easy death.

And even then there is a good chance they will balk at following such an order due to Ghira's history.

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33733932 - 1 week ago

Wait, what? What’s that? In reply to Dinobot01

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33734026 - 1 week ago

Ruby Rose will play Batwoman in the CW

• cdavis32

cdavis32 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33734045 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I’d watch it

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33734079 - 1 week ago

I’ll watch it