Forums > RWBY

RWBY VOLUME 6 IN DEPTH DISCUSSION THREAD| That's all she wrote.

Posts (6989)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33735119 - 11 months ago

So moving on.

Something that is interesting is the early showing says All aboard the Limited Argos I think it was.

Which sounds like the term you use for a train or a ship.

Well the Argos is a city who was ruled by Agamemnon the Selfish king who upset Achilles prolonging the trojan war as a result. And a lot more to be honest.

It also refers to a Son of Zeus as well and a few other people like Odyessus Dog as well so its hard to say which one it refers to.

My money is Agamemnon simply because it ties back to Achilles aka Pyrrha who we know already and it would make sense Argos being a vessel and Agamemnon being the Captain or Conductor.

EDIT

Found the actual page.

tumblr_pdig8vvSC81rpk3a3o1_1280.png

Argus not Argos which does have people named for that but also from a look at wiki Argos and Argus are actually more or less the same but this might refer to someone else entirely.

• AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush

#33735133 - 11 months ago

Checked around the schedule, and it seems like the short will be up at 2:00 PM MST (5:00 PM EST) on the Rooster Teeth website.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33735134 - 11 months ago

In reply to AlexanderMBush

Thanks I was wondering when it was going to be released since it in the past seemed around 9am is their target.

Wonder why they changed it?

• AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush

#33735135 - 11 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I would assume that they may have some sort of timed exclusivity by the few hours for a group like Entertainment Weekly, Variety, or others to have people come over to their outlet.

Probably wrong, but hey; it's fair to point out that it has happened before.

• revanninja

#33735136 - 11 months ago

Hmm I am not sure myself your guess could be right.

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33735160 - 11 months ago

The Adam Short is out, boys and girls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=0&v=cb4Sh032Z1I

• BunnyKiwi

BunnyKiwi

#33735164 - 11 months ago

In reply to jVictor

Oh cool! I thought it would only be on the RT site. Thanks.

• BunnyKiwi

BunnyKiwi

#33735165 - 11 months ago

For some reason my post posted twice. Ignore this.

• AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush

#33735175 - 11 months ago

Holy crap, everything felt great with that to me.

It feels immediately, a lot better than previously; and shows a lot of the chain of events that have transpired and led to the point of where we are now in the story.

Bonus points for Monica Rial's performance, even if it was limited; she always brings a gravitas to the whole thing.

• revanninja

#33735178 - 11 months ago

Agreed and there was a lot subtle things going on in the short.

Adam is the one who started the whole mask thing.

Adam was playing around with his foes that is in fact how he built up the charge attack.

He was arrogant in a lot of his fight style taking his time and going for showy attack patterns.

• AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush

#33735181 - 11 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Not to mention, it also gives quite a bit more to how the dynamic between Adam and Sienna worked. Even in 7 minutes, I bought the trust that the two both gave to each other; in a way that makes me feel more angered that she was killed off that quickly in Volume 5.

• revanninja

#33735183 - 11 months ago

I think that was to highlight WHY she went down so easily she wasnt expecting it from Adam who was clearly her protege.

• acw28

acw28

#33735205 - 11 months ago

Okay, that was definitely beyond my expectations, also filled in some missing info. So apparently it was Adam's idea to use Grimm masks in the first place (I wonder if that was an original idea of his, or if he was influenced by seeing a certain bandit?) and that he was already well known within the White Fang when that began. A little ironic then that it seems everyone but Sienna choose to follow that example. It also appeared that the shift in power between Ghira and Sienna was much more sudden than many assumed.

Speaking of Sienna, anyone have an exact name for her weapon? The closest parallel I can draw is Scorpion's "spear" from Mortal Kombat, but he never used it like a whip as Sienna did. If we want to push the "mentor and trainee use similar weapons" angle (as seen with Qrow and Ruby, and to an extent Jaune and Pyrrha), that would mean that Ilia was closer to Sienna than Ghira, I'm curious if we'll have some dialogue about how she really felt about her possible mentor's death, maybe even reclaim the spear/chain? Or maybe the truth about Sienna's death will come to light and some relative of hers will take up the weapon and try to find Adam to avenger her, really I just want to see that weapon in action again, it was way too cool for just a one off appearance.

And finally the parting shot of Adam dropping his mask, abandoning the identity that he'd worked towards for the better part of his life. So does that mean that he's going into hiding or just abandoning the White Fang? Either way does that mean we're going to have the answer to one of RWBY's greatest mysteries, are we going to see Adam's eyes in the next volume!?!?!?!?!!?

• Rakolai

Rakolai FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Huntsman

#33735216 - 11 months ago

In reply to acw28

It looks to be a combination of a rope dart and chain whip, with the links closest to the tip being comprised of a series of darts that can be detached using the momentum of the weapon to shoot them forward.

• revanninja

#33735218 - 11 months ago

In reply to Rakolai

Rope dart they can in fact have chains instead of rope it lowers their ability to be controlled from my understanding.

rope-dart_1_480x480.JPG

I am more familiar with the rope so I am unsure what advantage it gives.

• acw28

acw28

#33735222 - 11 months ago

In reply to Rakolai

In reply to revanninja

Didn't Arslan use a rope dart? Although her version seemed to be a lot less deadly...

EDIT: Probably should have checked the wiki before replying, oh well. Anyway, apparently Arslan didn't use a rope dart, instead she just used an ordinary dagger. I guess when she had the throws she just tied the handle to the wraps around her wrist.

• revanninja

#33735226 - 11 months ago

In reply to acw28

Rope darts are more about kinetic build up using the swings I am not practiced in it like I am with swords so my knowledge is limited.

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33735242 - 11 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Ah, rope darts, a classic. Only ones I've seen are traditional Chinese whips with weighted tips, equipped with a ribbon on the projectile to produce a distracting whooshing noise and to help the user avoid wounding themselves. Haven't seen any where the dart comes off. In fact, usually the "dart" is a steel ball meant to cause blunt force trauma. Rope tarts are sometimes also used to loop the projectile around a weapon or shield to hit the opponent, which is notably tedious, risky and exhausting. It gives more reach than a sword with more unexpected angles of attack, but sacrifices the power and control of a rigid weapon.

Selina's "dart" is highly reminiscent of the oh-so-famous (and wildly misunderstood) ninja throwing knives, or "kunai", popularized by shows like Naruto (even though Kunai were originally modified gardening tools from Okinawa, and like most other Okinawan ninja equipment, were a severe outlier of typical mainland Japanese "ninja" or Renja arsenal, but that's a history lesson for another time. Feel free to check out Metatron's videos on ninja weaponry and history if you're interested). That said, I think the dart's Kunai resemblance is more incidentally stylistic than a reference to ninjas, but considering her combat role in the show, I'm not sure. Either way, a fancy dust-filled knife dart brings more "pizazz" and excitement than a boring steel ball or rounded spike. All in all, a wonderful and welcome addition to the show's lore.

And yes, using a steel chain does make it less easy to use. With chain links, a sufficient pulse down the chain can cause a kinked section to reel the dart back in, making it extremely dangerous to the user. With a sufficiently elastic rope, you could get the same projectile reversal, but it's much more difficult to achieve, and vastly undesirable. The chain design sacrifices safety for durability, as a blow from a sword, halberd or other melee weapon is less likely to rupture a steel chain link than a rope.

• acw28

acw28

#33735244 - 11 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

The steel ball sounds like you're describing a meteor hammer, a very similar weapon. So is the kusarigama when you think about it.

• revanninja

#33735246 - 11 months ago

In reply to ImmaThinkin

I have seen ones with Dart that arent steel in fact my first example I was introduced to was an actual dart.

As for the coming off yeah that is not happening the most secured part is the dart and handle so that is a RWBY only thing.

More then a passing familiar with Ninja weapons myself.

Her dart is actually a common throwing dart shape

I would post the image but its being screwy.

I thought that might be the case with the chain but since I have only a limited amount of experience I wasnt sure. 

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33735253 - 11 months ago

Well, I saw the Adam short and while I can see his side of things and I understand WHY, he doesn't live by a code and he has no honor. He's just a homicidal maniac

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33735278 - 11 months ago

Man it sure has been awhile since I’ve been on this chat, partly cause I haven’t gotten any notifications since the site updated and the other part being that I haven’t been into RWBY for quite some time. New Adam trailer really changed that though, and I’m really hoping we get a Mercury one since he’s my fav character that’s on the villian side, and because we need to how his past was especially since they once said he has one of darkest pasts of any of the characters.

• acw28

acw28

#33735281 - 11 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

If we do it won't be during this Volume. Nearly all of the crew have said they're only doing the Adam trailer so that they can focus their time and energy on the actual story. Although I think I remember Miles mentioning at one of the panels (not RTX, one of the Cons) that Mercury's backstory was going to be explored a lot during the upcoming Volume so that the audience can better understand how he got to the point of murdering his dad and his current motivation for his actions.

• revanninja

#33735284 - 11 months ago

In reply to acw28

In reply to Leonthekillr

I dont recall them saying that for this volume but they have said they are going to explore it

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33735285 - 11 months ago

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-r6bFJmXhxc&persist_app=1&app=m

In reply to revanninja

In reply to acw28

Oh really? Well that is awesome to hear, he and Sun are the two I’m desperately wanting to learn more about, so I’m ecstatic to hear their exploring more of Merc this volume.