Forums > RWBY

RWBY VOLUME 6 IN DEPTH DISCUSSION THREAD| That's all she wrote.

Posts (6769)

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33735299 - 9 months ago

So according to the synopsis The Crew is taking a train to Atlas? NOTHING GOOD HAS HAPPENED ON TRAINS IN THIS SHOW!!!

• Leonthekillr

Leonthekillr

#33735320 - 9 months ago

In reply to JROY

*Looks at when Oscar took a peaceful train ride.* Well I guess maybe nothing good but just serene is still nice.

• thesupertwins

thesupertwins

#33735324 - 9 months ago

Yoooooo!!!! 

So I watched The Adam short last night and AHHHHH CAN THEY STOP TEASING US WITH SHOWING US HIS FACE!!!

• thesupertwins

thesupertwins

#33735325 - 9 months ago

The animation just keeps getting better and better!!! The fight scenes seemed to have improved too! 

One thing bothered me though, idk if it’s on purpose or if it’s just me, but is Adam’s voice kinda stiff for his character? 

I mean that could be on purpose though 

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33735328 - 9 months ago

In reply to Leonthekillr

Yeah well...the service could have been bad!

• Rakolai

Rakolai FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Huntsman

#33735329 - 9 months ago

In reply to JROY

I bet they only had knock-off, dollar store brand water on their snack carts too. If they had snack carts at all. The monsters.

• thesupertwins

thesupertwins

#33735330 - 9 months ago

Also kinda off topic but I’m really wanting a team STRQ flashback scene sometime soon! 

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33735331 - 9 months ago

hmm odd I thought coco was suppose to be in this one did they mean next weeks and I got it wrong?

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33735334 - 9 months ago

In reply to thesupertwins

His voice is the worst thing about his character because it breaks the whole “revolution and sense of dread,” a character archetype like Adam is meant to invoke.

Instead of an abusive and blood thirsty revolutionary he’s the whiny frat-boy no one takes seriously and will likely die from a drunken overdose of alchohol poisoning severely underestimating how much his bitch-ass self can handle.

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33735335 - 9 months ago

In reply to revanninja

They decided gay bees and fish were on this week’s menu.

• thesupertwins

thesupertwins

#33735343 - 9 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

Dang Oof 

• acw28

acw28

#33735344 - 9 months ago

In reply to JROY

So according to the synopsis The Crew is taking a train to Atlas? NOTHING GOOD HAS HAPPENED ON TRAINS IN THIS SHOW!!!

A train? Across an ocean? I mean I suppose there could be a bridge, but if the ferry was attacked by Grimm so frequently to justify that big cannon, wouldn't a stationary target be worse? Furthermore after the Great War, would the government and people really want such a close connection to Mantle/Atlas? And if you could travel across continents on a train, what was the point of Wiess' whole cloak and dagger smuggler's flight?

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33735348 - 9 months ago

In reply to acw28

It may not be across the ocean.

WORHuntsmen_00003.png

I know this is small due to the compression

WoR10_00010.png

They probably need to go to the white part where a port is to Mantle is mostly likely located. As you point out travel is dangerous so making it as short as possible is probably smart.

With RNJR I think they crossed the ocean in the narrow gap then work around what I can only call the lake.

I think Weiss when she was traveling actually crossed the lake in the airship she was traveling in.

So I think the Train is going from Mistral to the port which they then transfer to a boat.

Or further thinking on it an airship

• Epsilon584

Epsilon584 Texas AF

#33735381 - 9 months ago

Hmm, if we're getting bad guy trailers this season, we've already seen Mercury and Emerald, maybe we'll get some of Hazel, Watts, etc. Here's to crossing our fingers for the Ice Cream Sociopath

• revanninja

#33735382 - 9 months ago

In reply to Epsilon584

We arent getting any more.

They specifically said Adam was the only one because last time the 3 trailers took away energy and resources from the main volume and they want to avoid that as much as possible.

• JROY

#33735389 - 9 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Yeah I was expecting that too. I was NOT expecting Chibi and regular Ruby together. I think the only way that would have been funnier if we cut to regulary Ruby waking up too.

• JROY

#33735390 - 9 months ago

You know I wonder if is is a train if it might be owned by the Nikos given the name is linked to greek mythology.

• Epsilon584

Epsilon584 Texas AF

#33735391 - 9 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Unfortunate.

However I do agree with the reasons.

• revanninja

#33735392 - 9 months ago

In reply to Epsilon584

Yeah focusing on the story is a good move as is Adam was REALLY well done and showed a lot without telling us stuff.

In reply to JROY

It might be the reason why Pyrrha left the fighting scene. She was a 4 year champion and she suddenly left Mistral where is famous to come to Beacon. She was probably running from her fame but something mostly likely sparked that.

Argus is also used in place of Argos which Argos is the city which Agamemnon ruled.

Agamemnon is the one who pissed off Achilles and more or less prolonged the trojan war.

Now Argus and Argos are not ONLY attached to Agamemnon there is other connections but considering Pyrrha is Achilles that connection standing out more then others does make sense.

So it will be interesting to see if I am right at all or not.

Also you recall my source? If we do get Salem's backstory like I think then yes my source DID slip something that is FINALLY coming into play. I am REALLY hoping its correct.

• JROY

#33735400 - 9 months ago

In reply to revanninja

ooohhhh sounds exciting.

• DekZek

DekZek

#33735404 - 9 months ago

*does not recall any source because they started following the forums relatively recently*

What page number can I learn about this source?

• revanninja

#33735406 - 9 months ago

In reply to JROY

If its true then it makes sense on a lot of levels and shows just how much planning that takes.

In reply to DekZek

There is no page number to learn about it.

Awhile ago back in vol 4 I came in contact with a person who works for Roosterteeth but not RWBY itself though they did hear things and was informed about certain things while speaking they let something slip they asked me to keep quiet about which I have done so.

That said it looks like what was slipped may in fact be coming up soon as they when they let it slip said they werent sure if it would be cut pushed back or what.

From the looks of it, it got pushed back if my hunch is correct but until it shows up on screen I wont say what was slipped in respect for being asked.

Some things we did talk about was the audio of Pyrrha in vol 4 which was odd and had 2 audio channels one for left and one for right. One you can hear the video JUST fine, the other you cant but certain words from Pyrrha like FOLLOW are Loud and super clear.

I personally discovered this due to being deaf in one ear and when posting on the video not being clear until Ruby gets closer others told me no it was. Switching ear buds I discovered the separate audio track.

Well my source told me that sort of thing is no accident that stuff like that is something you have to design.

There is more but I dont recall all of it off the top of my head.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33735413 - 9 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I can corroborate the audio discrepancy revan talks about, trying the same thing with hearing the audio through only one earpiece at a time, at his suggestion.  In one ear by itself, you hear the entirety of the audio, as if you were listening through regular speakers or both earpieces of a headset.  However, when listening through the other by itself, you hear the music tracks, but none of the dialogue....except for Pyrrha's voice saying "follow", and it's in the same echoed tone as Pyrrha's voice in Ruby's dreams.

• acw28

acw28

#33735425 - 9 months ago

In reply to JROY

As I said over in the Pyrrha thread, remain optimistic, but don't read too much into it. Argos is attached to multiple myths, including Odysseus' dog.

• revanninja

#33735434 - 9 months ago

In reply to acw28

Maybe

But the thing is they have used Achilles with Pyrrha who is from Mistral which this looks like that is where its from.

Plus we have the fact so far all of the Mistral culture is Asian like with zero greek while Pyrrha the recognized Mistral champion is VERY greek which nearly all of the Myths for Argos are greek.

The ties in are there and in large numbers. And we KNOW they love throwing this sort of subtle concept into their works all the time. RWBY is running on it and RvB used subtle jokes a lot or ones that make more sense based on their history.

As an example the Warthog Puma joke from RvB which is the Car called the Warthog from Halo is said by Sarge to look more like a Puma to him is an actually conversation from the creators that more or less SPAWNED RvB.

RT likes making these types of nods and handling things.