Forums > RWBY

RWBY VOLUME 6 IN DEPTH DISCUSSION THREAD (The waiting game begins

Posts (2078)

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33738088 - 5 days ago

You know the biggest hope for me is that We will get more serious focus on Ruby and give her more serious development.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33738091 - 5 days ago

I've been thinking about Jaunes semblance. Do you think maybe he can amplify his own Aura? Maybe he can transfer his Aura to a certain part of his body. Like transferring Aura to his arms and gaining Herculean strength

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33738092 - 5 days ago

In reply to Dinobot01

He can amplify his own Aura he did it in Forever Fall when he blocked Cardin with his Aura that was him doing it. Same goes for his instant healing of his bruises and cuts.

I imagine this is a LOT more Aura use then normal,  like using up 50 units of aura instead of the normal 5 units as a number example, so he probably cant keep it up for long but he might be able to do short bursts of increased Aura which could give him a tactical advantage in certain cases.

Such as being able to Tank a hit that normally he wouldnt be able to using that gap to create an opening.

As for sending it to certain body parts currently we dont know and I kind of doubt it.  It just doesnt seem the type of thing they do or focus on right now.

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33738137 - 5 days ago

In reply to revanninja I think we already went through this. She is shooting white fang members with a high caliber sniper rifle, and the slicing them with a gigantic scythe. I think most of those guys are dead.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33738151 - 5 days ago

In reply to Whiterosepetal

We dont know if those guys are dead or not. Since White Fang do have access to Aura and some training though quality and amount is unknown. So since we know Aura protects people from that certain thing they may not be dead.

Keep in mind the Hit while doing no damage still hurts and getting hit with sniper rounds or gigantic scythes WILL hurt and possibly knock them out without killing them.

• ZanyGamer196

ZanyGamer196 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33738166 - 5 days ago

In reply to revanninja

According to Emerald and Mercury in the last scenes of "Breach," none of the WF members on the train survived.  Though it's just as likely they were all killed in the crash.

Though I can see where Whiterosepetal is coming from, look at what Ruby did to Junior's men in "Ruby Rose."  And when we learned afterwards that none of them returned, it gave the impression that Ruby had simply killed them all, with a smile on her face.  That's the problem with Rule of Cool writing, it gives off misconceptions like that.  And Monty was notorious for Rule of Cool moments.  Thankfully such moments are currently rarer, they had a habit of hurting the story in the long run.

• revanninja

#33738168 - 5 days ago

In reply to ZanyGamer196

With the Breach there was grimm all over the place which we saw them swarm over people knocked off the train by Oobleck, we know military grade weapons were being used, we know said military weapons were being used and destroyed by Oobleck and part of the plan, and so forth so its FAR more likely it was all the other factors that killed them then RWBY which has made no acknowledgment of killing people.

Which if it was happening I think they would.

As for Junior's men that doesnt mean kill. They didnt come back yet who was there? Why Glynda the headmistress of Beacon and where did Ruby end up after the fight? 

In an interrogation room.

So chances are actually MUCH higher by not coming back they didnt mean they got killed but instead just they didnt come back because the Police and Glynda arrested them. And Junior doesnt know what happened to them at all. Hence his word choice.

In this case I dont think its Rule of Cool at all but rather people ignoring the implied situation which early RWBY had to do a LOT because they just didnt have the time to go into details.

So I dont think Rule of cool is at all a factor but rather people just pushing something RWBY has not once tried to show or imply.

EDIT

As a good example of this is Jaune from Vol 2 when he goes to slash the Ursa he closes his eyes then slashes people took that to mean he is blindly wailing away when in fact he isnt.

V2_12_00030.png

Its a little hard to see in this size but his eyes are wide open and during the whole attack they are open.

The reason why people think he had his eyes closed was because he closes them right before he attacks and when the slashes end he has them closed.

What people missed is that he is Psyching himself up and he closed his eyes to focus it was never meant to be implied he was just blindly swinging around yet that is what people took it as.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33738187 - 4 days ago

Um...Wow...someone's a Pyrrha mega fan.

DnEldppX0AE2g1e.jpg

• revanninja

#33738191 - 4 days ago

In reply to JROY

Hmm?

What is up?

You need to give more info then that.

From my phone 

EDIT

Just so its clear that picture didnt show up originally hence my confusion

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33738193 - 4 days ago

Hey everyone!! The Dragon Prince was released on Netflix today and it is AWESOME!! The animation is well done, the story is great, and the characters are well made. It's great for watching while waiting for Voltron and RWBY. The bad news is the first season is only 9 episodes

• JROY

#33738199 - 4 days ago

In reply to revanninja

Check Jen Brown's twitter.

• JROY

#33738200 - 4 days ago

In reply to Dinobot01

They'll probably expand it, seeing as a its a new show AND new Studio Netflix probably wants to test the waters with it before going forward with the show.

• revanninja

#33738205 - 4 days ago

In reply to JROY

Okay that is just funny

From my phone 

• Velrak

Velrak

#33738237 - 4 days ago

Don't know if the info was already given here but anyway, could be useful : Kerry and Gray confirmed V6 will only air on RT website.

• spoolofwhool

spoolofwhool

#33738246 - 4 days ago

In reply to Velrak

Damn, so no YouTube? That sucks, since the video player on this site always seemed to have trouble for me. I'm hoping the site update fixed that particular issue.

• acw28

acw28

#33738249 - 4 days ago

In reply to spoolofwhool

The two constants of RT, the site will crash during a RWBY premier, and the video player will always be  poop

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33738252 - 4 days ago

In reply to JROY

I sure hope so. I love the show as much as Last Airbender, maybe slightly more

• revanninja

#33738254 - 4 days ago

In reply to acw28

They are actually REALLY working on improving the site and there is some NICE features they are adding to it. So I expect soon we might have some downtime while they update for RWBY vol 6 for the new promised features.

So the new features and setups for those who dont know

First Members get it a week before anyone else then anyone can watch the RWBY episode no account needed.

They will have rewind and fast forward opitions

Closed Caption 

Chromecast support

And the BEST part?

For us paying people we get in-app downloading

So if you think the video player sucks well now we dont have to deal with that at all.

As for the reason for it Youtube is being an A-hole a lot of their stuff is getting demonetized and from the little they show over stupid stuff like their RvB series having inappropriate language to unusual capitalization. They even point out that a video they made on how to be Monetized got demonetized.

So from the little I am hearing from them and other things from youtubers it sounds like Youtube is doing another round of adpocalypse or something like it.

The JOURNAL entry talking about it.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33738258 - 4 days ago

In reply to acw28

I was able to watch the latest Chibi episodes on RT site without any problem (and with a very good video quality). So I think it should be okay. But the risk of crashing at the premiere is definitely real :) (but I won't be affected if it happens since I'm not a First Member haha).

• spoolofwhool

spoolofwhool

#33738268 - 4 days ago

In reply to revanninja

Awesome. Sounds like some sweet changes. 

• JROY

#33738272 - 4 days ago

In reply to Dinobot01

eh...maybe not there yet for me, some stuff was definitely rushed probably because of the limited episodes and unknown future of the show. They'll probably have more time to flesh it out better and maybe perfect the frame rate idea because it actually worked to an extent, just needs some tweaking around.

• JROY

#33738273 - 4 days ago

So here's the complete RWBY set. Is just me or do all of their poses look kind 6sy.

nkairr4xydm11.jpg

• revanninja

#33738276 - 4 days ago

In reply to JROY

In a rough way but chances are good they werent trying to do that at all.

• JROY

#33738278 - 4 days ago

Soooo yeah if you haven't checked out Nomad do it because its getting really good.

• Bethylee

Bethylee

#33738279 - 3 days ago

So this means that even non-first members have to wait a week to watch too when it comes out?