Forums > RWBY

RWBY VOLUME 6 IN DEPTH DISCUSSION THREAD| Seeing Red

Posts (5964)

• spoolofwhool

spoolofwhool

#33738423 - 4 months ago

In reply to JROY

Yeah, maybe. Personally, I think that Viren just swapped the King and the bird. 

Overall, I wasn't that impressed with it so I'm not sure if I'm going to continue watching it when other episodes come out.

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33738429 - 4 months ago

yang My god... I have never had to wait to get a new season of a show because I only watch netfli and hulu, so the suspense is killing me!!! Hope the show comes in with a yang!!

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33738452 - 4 months ago

In reply to spoolofwhool

its got its potential, I think when they get cleared to finish up this season and get a bigger run time and budget it will get better.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33738461 - 4 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Your right. I think it's great they're bring out RWBYs sex appeal

In reply to spoolofwhool

In reply to JROY

I think Callum is half-elf, but I could begin to think if it's his Mom or Dad. I really do think Viran is the main villain, because he stole the egg for a reason and I'm sure it was a VERY bad reason. The scene where he emptied the small bag in front of Runann, whatever was in there obviously scared him, Not as much as the mirror though. Then he became blacked-eyed and grey after sealing him in that coin. I can't begin to think what he'll do when he sees the egg has hatched. I'm pretty confident that Virian is the main villain. 

I did like the fact that we have a deaf character in the show. That is a very nice inclusion. And I know it's early, but I'm pulling for a romance between Callum and Rayla.

I think the show is amazing. It is clearly a worthy successor to Avatar. I think is has the potential to be as great as Avatar, maybe more. I enjoy the show very much. 5 out of 5

• Bumblebee4life

Bumblebee4life

#33738463 - 4 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Damn I've just barely started of legendary defender and now their's another animated netflix series? Oh and Castlevania season 2 is coming out next month... and I need to get caught up on SHIELD, the Arrowverse, and the Marvel Netflix shows.

• spoolofwhool

spoolofwhool

#33738471 - 4 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

In reply to JROY

I think it's pretty obvious that Viren is the main villain considering how evil he went. There's basically no doubt in my mind.

It's got some potential, but there are also a large number of underlying issues such as basic characterization which can't really be fixed going forward and which will always hamper it. Obviously the animation can be cleaned with a bigger budget so it's not visibly jumpy. However other things like Soren's massive incompetence making him an ill-fit for the role he holds in the story, or the unclear size of the world coupled with a confusing timeline would be hard to fix later on. 

Overall, I would rate Dragon Prince as a bit above Rwby. 

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33738474 - 4 months ago

In reply to spoolofwhool

That low, huh?

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33738475 - 4 months ago

In reply to spoolofwhool

I think this season it a test phase for the series. If it does well, then they'll continue and improve. I think it is worth it. I may like it just a tiny bit more than RWBY. I already like it better than Avatar and I really LOVE Avatar.

In reply to Bumblebee4life

Okay, let me see if I can make it easier for you. Don't start watching Flash until you've finished season 2 of Arrow and don't start Legends of Tomorrow until after season 4 of Arrow and season 2 of Flash. This is the order to watch them in: Flash, Arrow then Legends. Black Lightning is also a CW superhero show, He's a DC character, but it's NOT part of the Arrowverse, so that one is up to you.

Watch The Marvel Netflix shows in this order. Season 1 of Daredevil, Jessica Jones Season 1, Luke Cage Season 1, Daredevil Season 2, Iron Fist Season 1, The Defenders, Jessica Jones season 2, Luke Cage season 2, Iron Fist season 2(just released), Season 3 of Daredevil is on its way. The Punisher is optional. I'd skip Jessica Jones all together because it's BORING!!!

SHIELD is is good, but optional. The next season won't be released until AFTER the next Avengers movie.

The final season for Voltron will be released before the end of the year. They should say exactly when at NYCC next month. But, do watch the whole series. IT'S AWESOME!!!

The Dragon Prince is only 9 episodes this season. So, don't feel to urged to rush through it, but it is clearly a worthy successor to Avatar. I love it!!!

Castlevania is only 4 episodes, so no rush.

Does this help?

• Dinobot01

#33738476 - 4 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

NO!! The show is GREAT!! Give it a try

• acw28

acw28

#33738484 - 4 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Thanks for listing the DC shows I need to catch up on, watched about half of Arrow's second season when it was first on tv but school distracted me for too long to get back into it. Black Lightening was a great show and I've heard that there are discussions about bringing it into the Arrowverse like Supergirl, and that Static Shock might make an appearance.

I would argue against skipping Jessica Jones, I recognize that a lot of it isn't as action packed as Daredevil, but the show does deliver on some great character work (not to mention it's the first time we see Luke Cage), and lays a lot of the groundwork to how everything connects. I get where you come from saying Punisher is optional, but it's definitely on the better end of the Marvel shows (as opposed to Season 2 of Daredevil or Season 1 of Iron Fist) and should be a must watch for MCU fans/

Can't go wrong with SHIELD, I just hope it's as engaging without Coulson and May. I also wish they'd bring Robbie back, or at least give him his own spinoff.

I put it off forever, then ended up binging Voltron in about three or four days  laughing, can't wait to see the new season, and to see which sides wins the ship war.

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33738486 - 4 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

The writers did a Q&A on reddit and confirmed that Callum and Ezran are half-siblings instead of step-siblings like they've been saying in pre S1 interviews. They also confirmed that elves are born with some magic while humans aren't, hence why Dark Magic was created. If Callum is half elf then it's the father that's elf because Harrow is not his bio-dad and Queen Sarai and her sister Amaya are human.

As for Viren, I agree that nothing good comes from letting him be in charge but it seems like the writers goal is to have the adults be grey and human. It's been hinted if not speculated that Viren was going to offer himself as a sacrifice for the snake switcharoo until Harrow (who's just as guilty as Viren for letting him Destroy the egg and he knows it) brutally rejected him before he can offer it. Being told that you're not an equal despite being a friend for years would make anyone in Viren's position snap with or without Dark Magic. I get why Harrow opposes Dark Magic but I'm curious to know what sort of mistakes he's made that was enough for him to welcome death.

If you think I'm trying to make Viren look sympathetic because of this tidbit I'm not. He's clearly off his marbles and he hasn't been given enough reasons to make us believe the he's the good guy in all of this. The point is that there may be more to the story about how and why Viren took the egg. For all we know the Dragons are plotting to wipe out humanity and Zym is their trump card. 

I could be wrong but it let's wait and see because there's only one season out right now.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33738487 - 4 months ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

It looks like I need to sit down and watch Dragon prince because the little and mostly without context text I am reading is painting an interesting plot

From my phone 

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33738490 - 4 months ago

In reply to JROY

Um...Wow...someone's a Pyrrha mega fan.
    DnEldppX0AE2g1e.jpg

ah, I'm glad to see you enjoy the new wrap I put on my Supra.

<_<

>_>

What am I even saying? I drive a second-hand Honda.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33738497 - 4 months ago

In reply to revanninja

eh where it is now I wouldn't put it better than RWBY or Avatar, but for me its a decent start. If you want me to best compare the first season is like volume 4 where it cuts between the heroes roadtrip and the villain plotting.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33738499 - 4 months ago

In reply to JROY

I will have to see it and then judge.

From my phone 

• spoolofwhool

spoolofwhool

#33738515 - 4 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

It has a functional storyline and the magic looks fun. Other than one or two well-done character interactions, there's nothing else I really found of note.

In reply to acw28

Yeah, Jessica Jones season 1 wasn't that boring, it just wasn't action-packed, but Iron Fist was definitely one of their weaker series due to the main character being an idiot.

Punisher was excellent should definitely be watched.

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33738516 - 4 months ago

watching dragon prince now, on episode 5, already amazed!

• acw28

acw28

#33738522 - 4 months ago

In reply to spoolofwhool

Season 2 is a lot better.

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33738527 - 4 months ago

In reply to revanninja

It's now being considered a spiritual successor to the ATLA/LOK franchise because of who they got working on it. One of the writers was one of the head writers for ATLA and Sokka's VA is playing a character who gets to use magic.

So I made an error when rewatching the first two episodes

Harrow didn't know about The dragon egg being alive in the castle. He thought that Viren destroyed it. 

My mistake.

• spoolofwhool

spoolofwhool

#33738529 - 4 months ago

In reply to acw28

Season 2 of Iron Fist? Has he gotten smarter?

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33738536 - 4 months ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-8 i wonder if in season 2 he will unleash like a dark dragon or something, that would be pretty cool.

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33738537 - 4 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight Hey  man, nice to see you round. Hey, you didn't piss someone of in one sentence! Your improving! JK man nice to see you round. Also watching dragon prince and hyped for vol 6!

• acw28

acw28

#33738542 - 4 months ago

In reply to spoolofwhool

I wouldn't say smarter, but definitely less naive. It's actually a lot better than season 1.

While everyone is on the subject of Netflix, apparently the company is also doing a live action Avatar series. Yeah, not sure how I feel about that.

• revanninja

#33738543 - 4 months ago

In reply to acw28

Considering the movie we dont talk about...yeah I get you. But then again sometimes tv series can do things movies cant.

A movie has a certain time slot they have to hit while a tv series broken up over episodes can have more time and thus dont have to jam things in. Also sometimes the lower end effects can be more because they can use them more often then a movie with a heavy set piece consuming a lot of the budget.

There is pros and cons on both sides to be honest.

Its going to have to work HARD to get over the movie's issue.

• JROY

#33738544 - 4 months ago

In reply to acw28

Original teams coming back for this one which defintely gets my hopes up. Also I swear if they dont get Dwayne Johnson to play the boulder I will seriously be dissapointed!