Forums > RWBY

RWBY VOLUME 6 IN DEPTH DISCUSSION THREAD|Dead End

Posts (5145)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33740404 - 2 months ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

It is possible Argus does connect back to achilles though it wasnt his hometown but rather important because of who ruled there he had issues with.

But RT could be doing something special like how Jaune's Crocea Mors isnt a sword connected to Joan of arc at all but rather Julius Caesar so its very possible.

• boscocraftxd

boscocraftxd 14th Xehanort Vessel

#33740431 - 2 months ago

honestly, Jaune having to deal with the fallout of Pyrrha's death, while bringing her parents some closure.... That would be rough....

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33740437 - 2 months ago

In reply to boscocraftxd

Yeah it will even more so if the closing shots is him and them coming terms to it and then it cuts to a green eye opening as the last shot of the volume. 

Imagine coming to terms with someone's death starting to move on then bam she is alive and here she is. Even more so if Salem is using her the mix of emotions for the poor boy would not be fun at all.

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33740447 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to boscocraftx

Imagine coming to terms with someone's death starting to move on then bam she is alive and here she is. Even more so if Salem is using her the mix of emotions for the poor boy would not be fun at all.
    mMuahahahaha... Grimm version of pyrrah..,., muahahahaha...

• revanninja

#33740495 - 2 months ago

So I just saw this on tumblr and double checked to make sure its right which HEAVILY raises the chances of us getting Pyrrha backstory. 

So Argus is a term that can be interchanged freely with Argos.

Someone who is a citizen of Argos is refered to as an Argive.

But its not the ONLY use of that word.

The Homeric Bards when talking about the greeks who attacked troy called them Argive.

Well Achilles and attacking Troy go hand in hand. Aka Achilles would be refered to as an Argive which can also mean someone from Argos or Argus.

Which can translate to Pyrrha being from Argus.

This type of word play seems VERY much up RWBY's alley.

If this turns out to be true and we get a lot of backstory for pyrrha it will be interesting to see what they do with that.

• spoolofwhool

spoolofwhool

#33740675 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I think someone did mention earlier the speculation that Pyrrha's village was called Argus. Really cool connection though. Looks very promising.

• revanninja

#33740680 - 2 months ago

In reply to spoolofwhool

It does especially because they can interweave it in a lot of ways.

So Argus is where she is from and her dad serves on the Limited Argus.

The town of Argus ties into the use of Argive as well as Achilles story which we might find out WHY Pyrrha suddenly stopped doing the tournament which there has to be a reason after holding it for 4 years straight a record Weiss told us. Maybe the Agamemnon of RWBY.

And they can through the Limited Argus connect it to Argo and Achilles Father Peleus who was an Argonaut during the golden fleece through having her own father or maybe mother work for the Limited Argus.

With what we have its VERY easy to tie a semi-complex backstory just by pulling on the Legend of Achilles.

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33740718 - 2 months ago

Do you think we'll learn about Mercury's 'complicated' reasons for joining Cinder this volume?I know it's strongly hinted that Adam will be the antagonist for Vol 6, and that M&K said that wouldn't we be jumping around lot like Vol 4, but with Cinder MIA from her team I wouldn't mind seeing some character development from him and Emerald.

• revanninja

#33740719 - 2 months ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

That depends on if Cinder really IS MIA for her team.

Keep in mind the tower where Cinder got off the tower somehow despite all the easy answers not making any sense based on what we know.

So Cinder might not be MIA though she could be hurt and recovering I was thinking and the poster kind of reminds me of Hospital gowns lord knows those barely cover anything so it might explain why we can see so much hip leg and butt in it.

I have a feeling the focus is going to be more on explaining Salem and Ozpin based on some stuff Ozpin's VA has said as well as the Long standing questions comment from the Panel. 

• acw28

acw28

#33740724 - 2 months ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

I still don't see how they're going to make Mercury "complicated". I mean it seems fairly straight forward to me, he was raised to be an assassin, got sick of his dad's training/torture and decided to kill him, succeeded and was recruited by Cinder (probably one last "fuck you" to dad, show that he'll be an even better assassin than his father ever was), and showed glee during the Fall of Beacon. Seems pretty evil to me. 

• revanninja

#33740727 - 2 months ago

In reply to acw28

Probably by showing he is conditioned to be that way.

His dad was a NASTY piece of work from everything I have seen so far. I recall Merc comparing Qrow smell to his father after drinking so he was also most likely a drunk. And unlike Qrow who is an endearing drunk I got a feeling Mr. Black was a horrible Drunk.

We see with Emerald he isnt heartless he fights with her and they go back and forth but its clear at the end of Vol 5 he was worried for her.

So chances are good we might see Merc is not the evil person he is but rather someone so broken and trained to be evil he doesnt realize he doesnt have to do this.

He is still not a good guy but there might be a way to get to him and start the process of untangling the MANY issues he most likely has.

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33740730 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninja I love a good theory, I really do man, but if anyone is going good, its either only emerald or both of them. I don't see Mercury going good before Emerald does, as if he does really care he will want to make sure she is ok. If Emerald turns good(I think she will either go good really quickly or never btw) Mercury will turn good, but if she doesn't, I don't think he will turn good.

• acw28

acw28

#33740731 - 2 months ago

In reply to Whiterosepetal

I do agree Emerald is the most likely to turn, but she needs to work past her Cinder issues first. Even then, we might be in another Lionheart situation where she's too scared to oppose Salem (as seen when she had her break down at the end of Volume 5).

• revanninja

#33740733 - 2 months ago

In reply to acw28

Yeah Emerald needs to handle that Cinder issue big time before she can start to do things its clear she is SCARED witless of salem.

In reply to Whiterosepetal

Did I at any point make it seem like Emerald wouldnt turn good or do it before him? No I didnt.

Please dont do that. I was ONLY talking about Merc and in no way talking about anyone else.

So Please dont try to make it seem like I said Emerald wont turn good or she will do it after him because I didnt even come CLOSE to that subject. Even my bringing up Emerald was not in relation to her but his reaction to her and her breakdown.

I talked about Mercury Black and him ALONE. And was only talking about what is most likely going on with him and some of the things they need to show and apporach to make him complicated without being pure evil.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33740743 - 2 months ago

In reply to acw28

Great, next opportunity to go against the main current.

I bet on Hazel to turn, he just needs a "What have I done moment". Here they really drop quite solid hints, to the point that it's damaging motivation credibility. May have been driven insane by the loss of his sister.

• juliet.theraven

juliet.theraven

#33740747 - 2 months ago

totally off topic... but does anyone wonder if Ruby and Adam are related? a long stretch, I know, but their color schemes are very similar and so are their symbols. we know next to nothing about Summer Rose, so is it possible that Rubes has a long-lost half brother? 

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33740748 - 2 months ago

In reply to revanninjai wasn’t trying to change perception of your comment, I just wanted to throw my reasoning in on it merc would

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33740750 - 2 months ago

In reply to juliet.theraven I really don’t want them to.

• Rakolai

Rakolai FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Huntsman

#33740751 - 2 months ago

In reply to juliet.theraven

Monty confirmed that the two aren't related on Twitter a while back.

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33740753 - 2 months ago

In reply to juliet.theraven

No. Just because they have the same colour scheme (the emblems are just a coincidence. Adam does allied to the Beast after all) it doesn't mean that they are related. It's like saying that Cinder and Blake are related because they both have black hair  and yellow eyes. And don't even get me started on the Qrow is Ruby's father theory.

However, it is speculated that Adam may have silver eyes because of much M&K keep hiding them. Personally I think it's an injury that a human gave him but it is suspicious that M&K haven't revealed them yet. 

• Velrak

Velrak

#33740757 - 2 months ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

I think Adam's eyes are typically one of these "long standing questions that will be adressed in V6" (as Miles reported in NYCC). I don't recall any character or canon element revealing that he is a bull Faunus but it seems to be a known fact so I don't see his eyes being related to this. It has to be something "bigger" like the SE maybe or an injury from a human I agree (which could be the origin of his human hate).

And about the SE option, if this is the real deal then I think it implies the following options : either 1) Adam still hasn't awaken them or 2) he can control them but he never used them in front of Blake. Because 3) if he did and since I can't imagine that Blake never saw Adam's eyes, maybe she would have made the connection with Ruby at some point and ask her about it but she never did so (honestly, even if this wouldn't be technically impossible, this remains very unlikely because chances are high Blake would take it as a coincidence). But more likely, Blake would have told Ozpin when he personally interrogated her back in V2/Chap2 after the White Fang incident during V1 finale. She would have warned Ozpin that Adam is likely related to the incident since she knows he controls the WF activity in Vale. She would have detailed the potential threat (charging devastating blade, SE etc...). But again she didn't (to this day I still feel like she hid something to him) so I can only see options 1 and 2 right now when it comes to SE for Adam.

• juliet.theraven

juliet.theraven

#33740758 - 2 months ago

In reply to Velrak

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

In reply to Rakolai

ok thanks for the clarification 

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33740761 - 2 months ago

I remember the cast saying during NYCC, that they would be focusing on themes they haven't focused on before or haven't focused on much this season. I can think of a few things: Love, Regret, Family Drama, Secrets, Mythology of Remnant, hopefully Jaunes history.

These are just a few things I can think of that they can focus on, but I'm sure you guys can think of different things

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33740764 - 2 months ago

I thought of a trick about the White Knight shipping. Maybe it didn't work out because Jaune was trying to win over Weiss. Maybe since he's NOT trying anymore, Weiss will fall for him even though he's not trying.

Just a thought

• Velrak

Velrak

#33740789 - 2 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Hum no I can't think of anything else besides what you already suggested haha (that doesn't mean other options aren't possible of course). My money is first on Love and Family Drama and then World of Remnant. And for the "long standing questions" I bet on Adam's eyes, Ruby's Silver Eyes, Ozpin & Salem past.

In reply to Dinobot01

Interesting, I like this idea. But if it happens, then I would wait to see Jaune's reaction because Pyrrha is still in his heart (in my opinion). I would love to see Weiss help Jaune with this. Even if she is not in love with him, that could still happen because of certain friendship and also as a "payback" (I don't like that term here but I can't find something better) for the help Jaune gave her back in Haven when he unlocked his semblance to reboost her.