Forums > RWBY

RWBY VOLUME 6 IN DEPTH DISCUSSION THREAD| That's all she wrote.

Posts (6573)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33740962 - 4 months ago

In reply to ZanyGamer196

The thing to keep in mind is that song is clearly song sung by someone who doesnt like Ozpin and this its biased. 

And its not the first time we have seen songs that are clearly biased and not telling the truth Salem's song comes to mind.

So we should take songs as not fact when they are like this because A we have been told by Jeff that songs are not exactly about the Lyrics but rather the emotion they express.

B because people who are enemies are naturally going to take you at your worst and apply traits you dont have because they are warping your intent and behavior's under that viewpoint of being opposite sides.

Also keep in mind Ozpin in regards to the ancient things may not have a choice. We know Salem is after the Maidens because they are the keys to the vault which in turn house the relics which are ancient as all get out.

So his enemy is focused on and working towards the ancient ways ie the Relics which are dangerous so Ozpin MUST respond in kind even though he does have them and instead of using them he locked them away.

• ZanyGamer196

ZanyGamer196 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33740979 - 4 months ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

Pretty much everything you said, Raven will be hard pressed to ever put things right with her family, though she finally has a chance to do so, though this could be her last chance.  She backslides now and there'll be no one to save her when Salem finally tracks her down.  And I truly hope that's not how her story ends.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33740989 - 4 months ago

In reply to JROY

The you must be a really patient person.They do not move at all. Although if one of them moves they could just warp to concluded ship status, because they do not need to build trust.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33740991 - 4 months ago

In reply to ZanyGamer196

My personal speculation on this subject is, that this is the opportunity to get the "maiden power goes to last person thought of" into effect. Cinder use her rubberarm-grim-maiden-power-sucker to prevent this transfer while the maiden still lives. But if CInder is hard pressed in a fight, she has to use her rubberarm for fighting. So in this scenario they fight again, with teammates, Raven's aura is depleted and she is mortally wounded, but Cinder has to break contact, because she was to greedy (again) and did not finish off the teammates beforehand. Raven dies and if it is a redemption arc, of whom will she think ...

• BakedBrain

#33740993 - 4 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Just personal taste, I do not like superinterveaving family reveals like in Star Wars.

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33740994 - 4 months ago

In reply to ZanyGamer196

Even if Salem learns that Raven is the real Spring Maiden she’s more likely going to prioritize finding the next maiden for Altas’s relic because like Watts has said, the maidens are only a means to an end. She no longer has any use for Spring. 

In other words, Raven is likely safe until she gives Salem a reason to kill her. 

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33740995 - 4 months ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

That depends on if the Vaults are the only use for the Maidens.

It might be the Relics also need the Maidens to be used and its WHY Ozpin created them in the first place to hide the key.

And Salem may not know that.

We know Salem is having trouble finding the relic in Vale and Ozpin did something that he thinks will make it harder for Salem to find it.

So as far as we know yes Salem shouldnt need Raven but that doesnt mean there isnt something we dont know or something salem doesnt know that will change that.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33741006 - 4 months ago

In reply to BakedBrain

I don't like Star Wars, but I have to admit that the family things were unexpected

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33741008 - 4 months ago

I just finished watching the Schnee Dust Company WOR episode and I realized something. The scene where Qrow is telling the story of Nicholas Schnee and he was wearing a red scarf. And according to those who were at NYCC, Weiss was wearing a red scarf in her new outfit. Does anyone else think that it might be the same one as her grandfathers?

• acw28

acw28

#33741009 - 4 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I highly doubt it. Given how much Papa Schnee cares about image I'd expect he's helped to build Nicholas up to near mythic proportions, meaning he would hoard everything related to the man to show off how great "his" family is, scarf included. That said, it wouldn't be unexpected for someone to make a comment about Weiss having a nice scarf, to which she says her grandfather had one like it.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33741010 - 4 months ago

In reply to novusdawn

There was actually an interesting concept in a fanfic to that. He gives up his Aura and semblance to bring her back with the relic of creation.

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33741015 - 4 months ago

So here's an interesting theory in regards to the Vol 6 poster.

I know that it's very unlikely for some people on this forum but one thing I do agree with is that Vol 6 may be the end for Adam because there's really nothing left for him to do at this point. His version of the White Fang will eventually disappear and Blake is no longer afraid of him. They can't have Adam hunt Blake forever.

• ZanyGamer196

ZanyGamer196 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33741033 - 4 months ago

In reply to BakedBrain

Hmm, either she manages to track Raven down to Patch, or possibly when the story returns to Beacon, either would work in such a scenario.  Though I hope Raven doesn't try thinking of Yang before she dies, for that would be predictable and Cinder would know where to look.  But if Raven thinks of herself (or even funnier, Qrow), then the powers would go to a random host, and Cinder would have no clue who it is, making her rage at being denied yet again.  I'd actually enjoy that.

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

I think nearly killing Cinder and denying her the Relic would count as very good reasons, don't you think?  Considering Salem is essentially Cinder's Fairy Godmother, I can imagine her ire will be terrible to behold, hence why Raven got as far away from Haven as she could, so Salem has no idea where she is... yet.

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

I highly doubt Adam is gonna die this season, not with how he was portrayed in his Character Short (and given a theme song on top of all that).  So I'd say he's gonna pick up where he left off, striving to make Blake's life a living hell until she's pleading him for death, or something to this effect.

• acw28

acw28

#33741058 - 4 months ago

Sorry, not RWBY related, but it just jumped into my head. It finally clicked that in the preview for gen:Lock, Chase fricking teleported behind the group of new arrivals. So...is this like a Semblance and is something unique to him or is this done through technology and every character can do it? Also, if the writers don't have MacCloud mention winter it will be a missed opportunity.

• spoolofwhool

spoolofwhool

#33741062 - 4 months ago

In reply to acw28

My interpretation was that he has some sort of stealth tech and was just invisible behind them. Could be wrong though, but based on what I've heard of this and the trailer, probably anything unique is going to be tech based.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33741063 - 4 months ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

I don't see any reason why this theory would be wrong at this stage so why not ? The Grimm depicted in the poster is likely the Manticore but its design slightly differs from all the versions presented at RTX. So is it the official yet unreavealed version of the Manticore or indeed another Grimm ? Door still open. I don't see Adam losing his drive after Haven but instead becoming even more willing to take revenge (on Blake, the White Fang and still the humans) even to a point where he would die himself if it means ruining Blake's life for example. In this scenario, I could see him asking Salem to turn him fully Grimm (still being conscious though) to maximise his chances to do harm. It would be a decent deal for Salem as any harm inflicted on the heroes is worth taking for her.

I do not think Adam would die in V6 though (whether he is the Grimm poster or not).

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33741064 - 4 months ago

In reply to acw28

I think its more invisibility tech in his suit.

• JDogOLuck

JDogOLuck FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33741066 - 4 months ago

*Spoiler alert* I got a read of the comic con footage shown. Adam taking over the white fang by force?! ... How the hell is he going to sustain that? He'd be a singular, polarized entity without something down-right horrific keeping others scared witless of him. The only solution I can see is yet another deal with the devil herself. The question is how soon.

Now that said, I can see this as an excellent way for Salem to keep Adam well and truely under control. He'll find controlling his side of the militant group extremely difficult without her help, never mind securing loyalty. He might end up trying to play her own game of bribery, insatiable desire and destructive hatred. But let's face it, she's been doing that for CENTURIES. And unlike Cinder, he's not on a Sarah Kerrigan route of both inter-Grimm control or genuine indispensability.

• JDogOLuck

JDogOLuck FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33741067 - 4 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01 Thanks for the tip regarding the red scarf! Yeah, it sounds like the theory of her taking on her Grandfather's quest holds water!

• AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush

#33741069 - 4 months ago

In reply to acw28

Just bringing this up, there is a proper thread for Gen:Lock that is already on the RT site.

LINK

• BakedBrain

#33741071 - 4 months ago

In reply to ZanyGamer196

I do not know the exact ruleset of maiden power transfer, but I would suspect that if the person thought of last is not eligible for receiving the power, it goes on in order of time thought off. So if a maiden is attacked, eligible attackers will be in a good position to receive, because you have to think about them when defending. It will also require enormous willpower in a redemption arc not to think of Yang. Moreover, it is not possible to try not to think about something, without thinking about it. If you want redemption in that scenario, it is like rails.

• BakedBrain

#33741073 - 4 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

You are right, Jaune and surprisingly Ruby are the only characters of the surviving seven who did not get youth/family stories until now, so it's their turn now. Someone has to be last, so do not worry.

• revanninja

#33741076 - 4 months ago

In reply to BakedBrain

No its FLAT out stated its random.

If the person is too old or a guy then the power is random Qrow flat out says this when they are explaining the power back in vol 3.

Goodwitch: As we understand it now, when a Maiden dies, the one who is in her final thoughts is the first candidate to inherit her power.

Qrow: Unless it's a dude or some old hag. Then the power goes to someone random, and our job gets a lot harder.

vol 3 fall

• Dinobot01

#33741103 - 4 months ago

Are we getting a trailer this week or soon? Since the season starts next week.

• Nesto55

Nesto55

#33741104 - 4 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Yep, trailer is out tomorrow