Forums > RWBY

Volume 6 Wants And Theories

Posts (1970)

• emilyblack

emilyblack

#33722309 - 5 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Thats actually a reference i completely get, im a big Fate fan lol.

But with RWBY? Idk, i can only say what im feeling. Do i agree that some people take it WAY over the top? Oh hell yeah. But  on the flip side of that coin, do i think that the anger of some fans is justified to a degree? Honestly yes. This series has such a well of potential that when flaws that seem so glaring crop up it makes your head want to spin. 

And, while I feel awful for some of the stuff ive read directed at Miles especially, i have to disagree with the ‘you cant blame them for problems’ thing at least in terms of story structure, etc. Their in charge of this story, and ultimately the buck stops with them on what gets put in and what gets cut/changed  around with what they have to work with. 

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33722310 - 5 months ago

In reply to emilyblack

I didnt say you cant blame them for their problems.

What I was saying is that not ALL of the Problems are in fact problems some of them maybe because its something meant for later some of it is issues explaining and the list goes on.

RT can be blamed for the issues because in the end it is their product but the thing is MANY of the issues laid on them are false in the extreme or issues not from the writers but from the audience in their ignorance 

As an example take Fullers which are grooves in a blade that lighten the weapon by removing metal but in such a way that doesnt compromise the weapon's strength.

Some people call a Fuller a Blood Groove with the idea it lets blood slide down it. This is false but its a common misconception I have found.

Now say an author writes a Fuller on a blade and uses it like they are suppose to be and never once describes blood going down it.  The audience calls foul but the ones in the wrong are the audience.

This thing has hit RWBY were people are making claims about what is and isnt going on and then when it turns out they are wrong rather then accept it they start making a fuss claiming RWBY is bad or ect for not following the idea.

Then there is the issue that sometimes things NOT meant to get in do get in because RWBY is so complex its easy to miss things.

IE Blake slapping Sun which Miles and Kerry have said wasnt suppose to be a face slap but rather a shoulder slap.

Bmblb which was created because Jeff hurt his hand and couldnt finish the the OST of RWBY on time so he had time to think of and put in the song without RT knowing about it. 

The issue is its not as simple as RT taking credit for their mistakes. Sometimes it is a mistake other times its not but it looks like one.

There is so many layers that its hard to say its this or that and we really wont know till the end. Especially because its really clear RWBY has a long plot.

• emilyblack

emilyblack

#33722312 - 5 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Oh, I wasn't trying to say it was you saying that, I just meant in general. I spend a lot of time on Youtube, Reddit, etc and I tend to make general statements without clarifying. Have to work on that, really. 

It seems the longer time goes on, the less and less there appears to be a neutral ground to stand on. Thing is it's not JUST the negative mob thats a problem in this discussion. The ones who defend RWBY to the hilt and think any negative comments, no matter how their phrased, is somehow an affront to Monty himself don't help matters. All they do is antagonize the angry mobs.

Theres already a pretty high bar being set for Vol 6. Wether that proves to be a curse or not remains to be seen,

I think how they handled the battle for Haven, for a lot of reasons I won't drudge up again left a bit of a sour taste in a lot of peoples mouths.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33722315 - 5 months ago

In reply to emilyblack

Yeah people shouldnt do that. There are issues with RWBY that isnt in question the thing I disagree on is what those issues are and how they can be handled.

Acting like there is no issues is not okay because even with great things there are in fact issues.

As you point out the Battle of Haven was poorly handled. I dont agree with some of the arguments people have made about it but I do think the Battle of Haven was not a good thing.

I personally believe that the Raven vs Cinder took too much time and effort to make it and it broke the battle because of its needs.

As for Vol 6 I am not setting a High Bar because that isnt fair but I do want to see them fix the fights which they need to do.

So long as they show me in vol 6 they recognize the problem and are clearly working on fixing the issues like what they brought up in the AMA then I will be okay.

But they NEED to show they are working on their flaws. I dont expect them to fix every single one and get it perfect that isnt realistic but I am expecting to see them clearly showing effort and attention to them even if they cant fix them right this second.

• emilyblack

emilyblack

#33722317 - 5 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Its a no win situation in a lot of ways, if you think about it. I remember how so many people were livid that team RWBY wasn’t reunited by the end of Vol 4, and then when it did happen in 5 it was ‘too rushed’ or ‘Yang forgave Blake too easily’ or my personal favorite, ‘This ending was too happy’

Now to be fair, aside from the rushed comment, i dont completely disagree with those last two. If we get part way through vol 6 and theres no tension with the team, its going to be rather annoying.

And Ive also gone on record saying the curbstomping the villains took felt a little forced, especially the bit with Adam.

So see what i mean? Those people, while their tone could use a lot of work, make valid points.

Vol 6 is one I both want and dread. The high expectations will come back to bite us all, I just know it.

• revanninja

#33722322 - 5 months ago

In reply to emilyblack

I dont agree with Adam it actually makes a LOT of sense Blake can curbstomp him when he isnt expecting it and she gets her crap together. He wont repeat the same mistake it was an once chance she got and she wont get another easy win like that again.

So I while I think there is a Valid point or 2 in some of their words I think its on par with a 1% valid and 99% false or plain mean issues.

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33722323 - 5 months ago

In reply to emilyblack

Its a no win situation in a lot of ways, if you think about it. I remember how so many people were livid that team RWBY wasn’t reunited by the end of Vol 4, and then when it did happen in 5 it was ‘too rushed’ or ‘Yang forgave Blake too easily’ or my personal favorite, ‘This ending was too happy’

I think that was a huge part of the writing problems in volume 5 right there. Writing all those separate storylines was already hell on M&K just from the sheer stress of trying to balance all those disparate story threads at once, add a ton of complaints and negativity about the team being split up since volume 3 ended and I think they just didn't have the confidence that they could make the R / W / B / Y setup work, and so they rushed to get the team back together as soon as possible. Which is a pity because I think the Haven plot could have really benefited from being split into two volumes, with Volume 5 mostly being setup and possibly having its own mini-plot with troubles in Mistral or more focus on the training arc and Qrow actually needing to confirm that Raven has Spring, and then the big battle happening at some point in Volume 6 instead. 

In reply to revanninja

Especially since it resonates with the big deal they made in Volume 4 about how being angry and hotheaded makes you fight stupid and easy to predict. Add in that Adam already has a strong tie to Yang now and how similar his Semblance his is to hers (including the weakness against dodginess) and it seemed completely fitting that he would get suckerpunched when he let rage control his actions.

• JOKR007

JOKR007

#33723206 - 5 months ago

With the conclusion of V5, We can only assume that well be seeing what was mentioned. We dont really know how far things could go with the series, however, I do feel like we're in for a much longer ride than expected. Now that Team RWBY has been reunited, team JNR is down a member but with Oscpin in the picture Im sure Team JNR will adopt him as Oscar continues to develop as a warrior, and Oz continues to manifest his Reincarnation. 

We will probably be seeing the group cover ground to Atlas to loop Ironwood into whats happened. There's also a possibility we could see them all travel to Vacuo to protect the other relic, seeing as how Atlas is pretty we defended. Vacuo seems like the more appeasing choice seeing how the group could repel an attack in Vacuo in V6, and then move to Atlas to mobilize against Salem in a potential V7. 

Now, as far as character development goes(tangent warning), I can almost assure we will be seeing more of Jaune as his semblance comes to light and plays out in the groups battles. Ruby will most likely learn-or be taught-to harness her true warrior potential in the very first Awakening of the series. Oscar will most likely continue to train in combat and harness his Aura. There's really no way of saying if well be seeing a Semblance due to the fact that he is the host for OZ's reincarnation. Speaking of such, Oz will continue to be Oz and shed guidance and light upon the group(s) and bring them further into the loop, and possibly, completely manifest in his reincarnation. Qrow will continue to have his internal conflicts as well as external conflicts, primarily with Raven. Yang HOPEFULLY will lean towards accepting the lore of Remnant and harness her Semblance to become a powerhouse in battle. There's no telling how her relationship with her mother will go, so its really hard to say. Blake will loop the rest of her team into her family's plan(s) for the Fang and continue to purge from her shell. Weiss, well Weiss will be Weiss, and continue to be Weiss. Her powers are going to continue to develop and she will be a key element in Team RWBY in this upcoming volume. Nora and Ren are minor characters and will most likely continue to provide support for those characters who have yet to develop completely. Sun will most likely join the group as the independent freelancer, OR be adopted in the JNR family as their fourth member instead of Oscar, as mentioned above. 

Sorry this was so long. Its been a while and I just finished re-watching the entire installation of RWBY. Ill be continuing this post and much more on my RT blog, and be discussing it further in depth on the rebirth of my "What We Watch"(Triple W) Podcast. Thanks for reading. Let me know if you want to discuss RWBY and other shows/RT news on the blog or Podcast. You are more than welcome, and I'd love to have any and all of you. 

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33723233 - 4 months ago

In reply to JOKR007

Hey! Been a while since I've checked up on this(I only really look on weekdays), But I was not disappointed on this death -before -finals of a Monday1 I would agree on all counts, except going to Mistral. I just don't see it, especially after it being hinted at.( Though I would not mind seeing the characters in desert clothing!

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33723261 - 4 months ago

I know one thing we need to see in the next season. Blake has never spoken to anyone from JNR. I mean, I'm sure she has in the time skips, but It would be nice to actually see her do it. We need to see some true friendship scenes between RWBY and JNR

• emilyblack

emilyblack

#33723266 - 4 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Agreed. I hope they actually show us more stuff in general not just these 'deep' relationships that always convinently develop off screen

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33723311 - 4 months ago

Hey, ive got a question.  In volume one we see Weiss and blake, (but also presumably the others) have bags and suitcases full of stuff. In volume 3, the school gets attacked by grimm, and they never actually grab their stuff on screen. Did they just leave it?

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33723314 - 4 months ago

Presumably. Though maybe some of the expeditions Glynda led let people get some of their stuff back.

• luckhart

luckhart

#33723335 - 4 months ago

I don't think they have left anything extremely important ( bar happiness )...

I mean yeah Blake returned to collect something important for her ( Gambol Shroud <<< One of the reasons I think she may have Yang second gauntlet )

• 00X110

00X110

#33724033 - 4 months ago

-The status of Beacon

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33724154 - 4 months ago

all things considered, they probably have their stuff

• emilyblack

emilyblack

#33724295 - 4 months ago

Can i just say I feel bad for Jaune now? Like having more time to think about it, it sucks that his semblance is more a support class type thing when he’s been working so hard on combat.

• user-5a98361f8663d

user-5a98361f8663d

#33724315 - 4 months ago

In reply to emilyblack

well it not as bad as you think for one him having some one he was close to killed might of had a hand in his semblance to indirectly heal others.

second if im right and say he a mid grad fighter that is a good spot for that kind of semblance for he can easily reach the front liners and the rear support and he can help both by giving them a boost.

all and all any powers are both good and bad it just depends on how and ware you use it.

• emilyblack

emilyblack

#33724318 - 4 months ago

In reply to user-5a98361f8663d

I suppose. I just find it rather annoying because Jaune is potrayed as a bigger character. Why not make Ren the team support? The guy barely gets any shine placed on him, and he has no ditect connection to the main plot. 

Just an FYI: This isnt me trying to come across as whiny-as I realize tone is hard to figure out over the web-Its just odd to me. 

The power doesn’t seem to fit a swordsman, he should have gotten something to augment his actual fighting skill like Yang. Now in a big fight scenario what, he’s just going to drop what he’s doing to boost someone?

• revanninja

#33724322 - 4 months ago

In reply to emilyblack

Well that assumes he cant take Aura as well. Which it is possible Jaune can take others Aura for his own and his ability isnt just him giving it out.

Also you are forgetting one other aspect of his power. 

Jaune can enhance himself. That is what he did against Cardin in Vol 1. He can use his own Aura to boost his abilities.

So it might be using Video game as an example Like Rage Modes such as God of War, DarkSiders, Metal Gear Rising where you have a limited time but you can massively boost your combat abilities.

Unlike those games this is a double edge sword where Jaune is also using his protective power to enhance his combat so he needs to be careful with it.

But unlike those games Jaune doesnt have to dumb everything into it either.

He could enhance his speed or his aura shield for just a split second to gain a serious advantage.

As an example of how that would work when Swordsmen trade blows we get a sense of the timing of swings  how fast the other person can swing a sword so we can formulate responses to that. Jaune by enhancing his speed for just a second can screw with that timing HEAVILY.

Or like Dark Souls enhance his aura and poise through an attack to deliver a powerful blow.

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33724325 - 4 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Careful, your Jaune fanboy side is showing.

In reply to emilyblack

And YOU just hit the nail on the hammer on why I think REN and Nora are just characters that sit on the sidelines as place holders.

Even NEPTUNE HAS A MORE EMOTIONAL CONNECTION THROUGH WEISS. 

Fucking CHRIST they have no relevance.

• revanninja

#33724326 - 4 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

Uhm No?

That was me literally following what has been shown in the show and theorizing based on what is possible.

Not fanboying at all just showing an idea of what they COULD do with it.

And its not like that abilities dont have issues.

Aura steal is useless against Grimm for example and against people with Aura so far its shown with Weiss he needs to be physically close so he may not be able to get close fight and steal all at once as that is a lot of things to juggle.

And the only reason why I think Steal is possible is because what can be given in anime can also sometimes be taken away.

As for enhancing himself which that is something LITERALLY shown in the show when Cardin goes to punch Jaune back in vol 1. My point on it is that used in the right way it can give him an advantage but its a double edge sword as the enhancement needs aura which is also supply his defense.

It could make him a glass canon depending on how its used.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33724336 - 4 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

Nora is comic relief and Ren is the straight man

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33724346 - 4 months ago

In reply to  MichaelHalpe True

In reply to tin-foilhat Come, join the Jaune side of the force!

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33724359 - 4 months ago

Okay. I think Jaunes semblance has a much bigger role and importance than we all think. Jaune has the ability to transfer his Aura to another person. By doing so, he restores their Aura and makes it stronger and by amplifying their Aura he is making them more powerful. We saw that after Jaune restored Weiss' Aura, she herself said she felt "much" better, meaning she felt more powerful than before. Which she obviously was seeing how she summoned the Lancer Queen spirit.

I think Jaune has like a Paladins ability. They are the noblest and most heroic of warriors. They have the strongest healing powers and they are the warriors that evil fears the most. Because Paladins contain the purest light. They also inspire hope in people, which is what Salem fears. Someone with an ability like a Paladin, could spell MAJOR trouble for Salem.

Remember that it was the Warrior King of Vale that stopped the Great War. His Aura was so powerful, that the other three kingdoms knew he couldn't be beaten and were ready to kneel before him. If Jaune really is a descendant of the Warrior King, he could have inherited his ancestors power. And he could posses the exact same Aura power. Making him just as dangerous.

Jaune making others more powerful gives them a huge edge over their enemies. He could make Ruby so fast that she has the speed of Flash, he could enhance Yang so much that simply flicking her with your finger could giver her the strength to cause a massive earthquake with a single punch, Ren could hide the emotions of a whole city, Nora would be able to absorb electricity from a distance, Weiss could summon an army of spirits, you get the point.

Look at this way, in many fantasy games I've played, I've found that the best way to defeat my enemies was to take out the healers first. That way, once the enemy is down they would have no one to come and restore their strength so they could keep fighting and I could focus on the main target or objective. Once the enemy is down, their down. 

I think Jaune has just became the best chance of all the heroes coming out of every battle alive. he has become the teams best hope of surviving every battle. I think Jaunes semblance also makes him a big target and threat. If Salem learned that there was a person who could make others more powerful, she could see him as a great asset to her. She could have him enhance her own power or the powers of her followers. Or if she can't use him for herself she'll make sure he can't make her enemies more powerful and make her job harder.

Plus, don't forget about what Atlus is doing with Aura. They've found a way to take Aura from one thing and put it into another. If they learned that there was a person who had that EXACT ability, Jaune would become their #1 and favorite experiment. They could try to exploit his power.

And, Jaunes semblance has just awakened, so all we know for such is its basic function. With time and training, Jaune could learn to use it from a distance and MAYBE steal Aura from an enemy. Then he could restore his Aura and by refueling his own Aura, he can continue to enhance the other and keep making them stronger. See what I mean.

I think Ozpin and Qrow will take notice of all this. Then, they will devote most of their time and energy into training Jaune, improving his fighting skills. So they can make sure that he can protect himself, while enhancing the others. Skill wise, Jaune is the weakest of the crew (which is something that needs to be changed), but semblance wise, he may be the most important. 

Salem and her crew are scared of Ruby because of her Silver Eye powers. Having someone who can enhance the powers of a Silver Eyed Warrior is extremely dangerous for Salem. Maybe Jaune can enhance Ruby enough that she can go one-on-one with a Maiden and match her blow for blow.

Think about everything that I said. After think all of this through, Jaunes semblance could be the most dangerous to Salem. Don't forget, Tyrian saw something in Jaune that interested him. Guys like him aren't interested in much. Whatever Jaune has that Tyrian is interested in, I bet it's big an important. 

Jaune is my favorite character in the whole show. He needs is chance to really get into the plot. As do Ren and Nora, of course.