Forums > RWBY

Volume 6 Wants And Theories

Posts (1816)

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33726999 - 11 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Where is this “Vol 2/3 were going to be one season?”

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33727020 - 11 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

Abtv aftershow iirc, but early on, the Fall of Beacon was going to be in Vol 2, 

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33727037 - 11 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

I'm glad it wasn't. No offense but I could hear people screaming "Volume 5 was rushed and should have been two volumes to build up the pacing" all over again. Christ this FNDM is more bi-polar than Florida in Summer. 

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33727043 - 11 months ago

I have a pretty strong idea RWBY was never meant to be this long in the original planning stages.

I think it was meant to be 5 maybe 7 volumes long and not what its clearly turned into.

I really cant wait till the show is over and we can see the original ideas and concepts of RWBY because I think it would be cool to see what changed and what stayed the same. When the changes and WHY they happened I think will shed a lot of light on RWBY.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33727308 - 11 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

In reply to MichaelHalpe

I'm glad it wasn't. No offense but I could hear people screaming "Volume 5 was rushed and should have been two volumes to build up the pacing" all over again. Christ this FNDM is more bi-polar than Florida in Summer. 

That's why they split it up, there was too much to cover. I only know two things about Florida, Disney, and a place I personally would want to hang out East of Disney depending on the day. (A place I wanted to be February 6th)

• cbwriter

cbwriter

#33727330 - 11 months ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to tin-foilhat

In response, may I direct y'all the 7/31/14 episode of "RWBY AfterBuzz TV After show", specifically from 15:30-16:45. This show gives it direct from the creator's mouth.  ^.^

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33727347 - 11 months ago

In reply to cbwriter

Seen that I meant a lot more like being able to read the rwby bible stuff.

From my phone 

• tin-foilhat

#33727377 - 11 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Jesus, if eating alligators isn’t the first thing people mention in regards to Florida it’s Disney. You know what I think they’re right when it’s called a people trap lol.

As for Florida, I’m talking about how it can go from blazing hot oh-I-want-to-die to thunderstorms flooding ours streets in the blink of an eye.

• revanninja

#33727378 - 11 months ago

In reply to cbwriter

Sorry I was thinking it was a different one and I FINALLY got home to double check since looking that up on my phone is NOT easy at all I was wrong. In the future you might want to link the video at the time as that way people can easily see it instead of having to hunt for it and making the mistake I personally did.

Anyway moving on.

7 to 10 but he points out Vol 1-3 was suppose to be about 2 volumes 

I was thinking 5 to 7 Myself but I will admit that wasnt based on anything more me guessing.

And the thing is I truly think its not going at the same pace he thought it was going.

For example Miles and Kerry have both spoken about a plot line that got pushed back in vol 5 to most likely vol 6 and Miles personally considered it the biggest rewrite of RWBY.

So the thing I REALLY want to see is not what they intially thought it was in length but rather the more detailed notes ideas and concepts seeing what stayed the same, what got stretched, and what got removed or changed from the original form.

• MichaelHalpe

#33727379 - 11 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Jesus, if eating alligators isn’t the first thing people mention in regards to Florida it’s Disney. You know what I think they’re right when it’s called a people trap lol.

As for Florida, I’m talking about how it can go from blazing hot oh-I-want-to-die to thunderstorms flooding ours streets in the blink of an eye.

To me Cape Canaveral is more interesting

• tin-foilhat

#33727389 - 11 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Oh believe me, it is. I actually feel like an idiot not realizing that was what you were referring too. 

• MichaelHalpe

#33727393 - 11 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

I even gave the date of the Falcon Heavy demo... But that's alright, not everyone is a space nerd

• tin-foilhat

#33727396 - 11 months ago

Well it looks like Gen: Lock isn't coming out in 2018 but 2019. 

Yeah, THAT sounds like production is going well. All things to consider if they're pushing back on the release date to polish their work so it gets a warmer reception than RWBY V1, I have to say this is a smart move. It might also be around the same time RWBY finishes V6 so after the high ride of RWBY fans can theoretically make the jump to G:L which will likely keep audiences around RT that disappear during the lull between volumes. 

Can't say I fault them on their decision. 

• MichaelHalpe

#33727405 - 11 months ago

Their two biggest shows are RWBY and RvB, so it makes sense to split them up with the smaller shows in between, Camp Camp they are having with RvB (well primarily Summer) because RvB isn't everyone's thing, RWBY Chibi makes sense close to RWBY, so Nomad and Gen Lock will likely be more in between. Unlike your typical YouTube stuff where there's a lot more viewership in the Summer, RT is at the point where while there's a little more in the Summer, there's a substantial amount year round.  What's impressive is that they have the ability to sustain such a large amount of animation

Considering how much more focused on Machinima this season of RvB is, i suspect they needed to pull a few people to focus more on RWBY.

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33727418 - 11 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

From what they said it seems like they've expanded the animation teams drastically. Gen:lock seems like it will get its own team (possibly with the help of Micheal B's company which is co-producing) and a lot of the old guard in the animation teams are getting split up as they get promotions to various sub-teams that get filled up with new blood. I think this sounds like a good approach to take. Since the business strategy seem to be having content year round it makes sense to have a full team for each product so that the animators don't have to rush from one product to the next. 

• MichaelHalpe

#33727421 - 11 months ago

In reply to AenarTenthSkraeling

That doesn't mean there won't be overlap

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33727429 - 11 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

I'm sure there will be some overlap but it sounds like they're expanding enough to have a dedicated team for each show.

• cbwriter

cbwriter

#33727474 - 11 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I think we'd ALL love to see those. ^.^

• tin-foilhat

#33727564 - 10 months ago

Okay, after watching the latest episode of Camp Camp, I have to ask. Did I hear that right? David, who is voiced by Miles, goes...

"Elm, Juniper, pine..."

You know for all of CRWBY "NO SPOILER" policy, Miles isn't exactly being subtle of what's coming up. First we see the Compost King logo with Chibi JNPR playing a board game the meet Oscar when RWBY V4 premieres. THEN in S2 Chibi Ozpin has the students look for these ridiculous items he misplaces which can be summed up as the hunt for the relics. NOW WE HAVE RWBY FORESHADOWING IN CAMP CAMP. 

I can't decide if this is obnoxious or clever? Oh well, more fuel for the crazy theorist's fire. 

• revanninja

#33727567 - 10 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

I took a look and probably not.

Those are all trees which fits his boy scout image.

And those "Spoilers" are not big things. The compost king was on a tool if I recall and isnt Oscar's symbol at all. So that seems more the opposite instead of Chibi spoiling Rwby it seems more like its a simple nod to their other joking show which we know they LIKE doing.

The Raptor gag is a prime example.

With Ozpin that was him refering back to a comic which is about the relics being the chess pieces him and glynda were using for the game she was beating him at which is again a common thing with RWBY chibi using or refering to comics.

So I dont think this is Foreshadowing but rather a nod to the other show via Juniper and the rest being the set dressing for the joke of David dreaming about naming trees.

• tin-foilhat

#33727574 - 10 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Perhaps it can be taken either way, but I find it too coincidental. Why the HELL say pine after juniper? He could've easily said oak.

Consider that one of the leading theories is that Oscar will be joining JNPR as the new P using his surname PINE. Fans were calling this theory after the end credits of V4 rolled. 

And before anyone shouts "But Oscar isn't a gender-bent character!" Please look up the character of OZMA.

An argument has been made fans are looking too far into it. But that doesn't fact this very well COULD happen. It follows the show's literary/mythical themes to its logical conclusion. At this point in time, the theory is neither proven or disproven. We're just kind of stuck in limbo waiting between volumes to see if it happens or not. 

So for the sake of being civil to one another, let's just say to agree to disagree right now on the matter.  

• revanninja

#33727576 - 10 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

Because Pine is a common tree actually its HEAVILY used in wood building.

Also I am not sure about Elm but Juniper and Pine are cousin species in the Conifer branch of trees

So its possible he was following the genus of trees.

Yes I know people called it but so far there hasnt been any signs as he really hasnt associated with them at all. And people were saying Oscar would join BEFORE his name came out so I think that is just the same branch of an idea rather then evidence.

That assumes that he is Ozma and not you know the Wizard which seeing as Ozpin is the shorten name of the wizard and Oscar is actually part of the name of the wizard. Oscar also has a reference to the man behind the curtain with the whole voice in his head Oscar is the curtain Ozpin is the man behind it. Plus there is the fact Ozpin has confirmed he is indeed the wizard Ozma may not be correct and is in fact VERY likely Ozma is NOT the correct source and is instead a misreading of what they are trying to present.

Yes there is an argument there.....and I disagree on the following the themes to their conclusion since it ignores the other understanding and themes to MAKE said conclusion.

....Okay that seems out of nowhere and seems to take umbrage for no real reason but okay I have no issues agreeing to disagree.

EDIT

Doing a little look Elms are not cousins of Pine and Juniper but are in fact common trees you would find in the rough area of Camp Camp for all of them.

• tin-foilhat

#33727577 - 10 months ago

In reply to revanninja

We're both super big fans of the show, but our opinions differ a LOT. If we try to argue the validity of the theory we COULD (Not saying we would but just that it could happen) end up with a  "who is more right" spamming of posts nitpicking each other's ideas. 

I think there is enough fighting and nastiness in the world we don't need to do it HERE. I'm been seeing some crazy things on the news, but the nastiness in the FNDM is getting absurd. Apparently a girl who posted she thought Wiess/Ironwood was a cute ship wasn't just harassed on her tumblr page. Someone tracked her down in RL and bothered the poor girl when she was at her JOB. 

Edit: Also for that being out of Nowhere? Dude, I'm ADHD, my mind doesn't know how to sit still so much as it constantly wants to play musical chairs. My thoughts are often in such a rush I'll make a sudden leap in conversion it flies over people's heads in a 'WTF.' Not trying to make an excuse but trying to explain my thought pattern or apparent lack of one. 

• revanninja

#33727579 - 10 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

Yeah I saw that and let me make it clear I dont condone that at all.

But the thing is that is not new. I have seen it a LOT in other stuff. People gave an undertale artist cookies with needles in them for art of frisk they drew. Its not even new in the FNDM as the Jaune arc hate groups are well known for being that petty telling people to drink bleach and other assorted things.

Trust me as someone who has seen a LOT of that sort of thing due to my various friends and associates we are not even in the same country as that level of Nastiness and fighting.

We are a 1, them? 5 mil easily.

And just to be clear you brought up an idea I dont think is correct said as much no more no less I wasnt being nasty or even trying to fight I just disagree with the viewpoint you are expressing.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33727584 - 10 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

In reply to revanninja

Nah, it just took y'all longer to get to the extremes that the Steven Universe and Voltron Legendary Defender fandoms got to.  Congrats, by the way.  At least this show is not my biggest disappointment of the year (the New York Mets are), and that I finally got to see Voltron (I wanted to wait until it started getting released on DVD or Blu-Ray).  I could probably do a RWBY Recast of that show, having only seen two seasons so far.

Shiro: Ironwood

Keith: Blake

Hunk: Jaune
    Pidge: Ruby

Lance: Neptune

Allura: Pyrrha
    Coran: Oobleck

Wanna know the reasons for each?  Just so you know, I DO read TVTropes, so I AM aware of spoilers for seasons 3-6.