Forums > RWBY

Volume 6 Wants And Theories

Posts (1970)

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33724421 - 4 months ago

In reply to Dinobot01 REN and Nora are just there for comic relief, but they are also big powerhouse fighters to balance Jaune being a support person.

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33724450 - 4 months ago

One thing I'd like to see in Volume 6 is stuff like this:

Lightning Bullet

Fire Bullet

With Dust having a bit more oomph than just making a elemental effect. Lightning bullets having a chaining from one opponent to another while fire bullets explode into proper fireballs. I'd like to see some more oomph from Weiss or other Dust users as well. Weiss has made some decently big ice constructs but it would be nice to see a proper giant fireball, or a wave of lightning. Or a mini-tornado.

• user-5a98361f8663d

user-5a98361f8663d

#33724452 - 4 months ago

well i think that depending how long it will take them to reach atlis both the teams can work on any problems they have when beacon fell like yang's ptsd to name one.

• stickginge

stickginge

#33724675 - 4 months ago

I know a lot of people wont like this guys ideas but some time away from characters so they can grow off screen is good because we are very limited on episodes and having a lot of characters and stories is too much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33724679 - 4 months ago

In reply to stickginge

Well, I agree with everything except leaving Jaune, Ren and Nora behind. They are WAY too involved to be left out now. Leaving them behind would make NO sense at all. We just learned that Jaune has the ability to make other people more powerful. That seems to useful to leave behind, especially with Rubys Silver Eyes powers. How about they just stick with the Marvelous Seven? That would be a whole lot easier. Leaving Jaune, Ren and Nora behind now, when they're already too involved now would make NO sense. Plus, it would piss off a lot of people

• user-5a98361f8663d

user-5a98361f8663d

#33724701 - 4 months ago

im with stickginge on this one for after all what these seven teens have gone though and learned a huge secret there are to integrated in the story plot to get rid of.

also qrow and oscar are also to impotent to the group for qrow is on paper the adult garden for the groop even tho he drink's and for oscar well he do's have a sage soul who is (X) decades old in him.

• cbwriter

cbwriter FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33725302 - 4 months ago

Just another repost/recap of my list of things I'd like to see in Vol.6 with a few more additions:

What I'd like to see in Volume 6:

1) RWBY and co. taking time to reconnect, train, and rest in Mistral.

2) Backstories on Ironwood, Watts, Pyrrha.

3) Team meeting Pyrrah's family

4) Team meeting Team ABRN and SSON as Haven goes back into session

5) Oz explain "Silver Eyes" to Ruby and the team and starting to train her how to use and control it without passing out.

6) Backstory on Summer Rose to Ruby and team.

7) Backstory on Qrow's old team

8) Peeks into Beacon, Atlas, and Vacuo to see what's happening.

9) Backstories on Port, Ooblek, Glynda

10) A peek at what Winter's up to.

11) Salem's reaction and planning

12) Haven's new headmaster/mistress

13) Whether or nor Cinder is actually dead (most likely near/at the end of the volume)

14) The start of the travel to Atlas

15) Mistral residents meeting the faunus that traveled to help save Haven.

16) RWBY & co. meeting the Belladonnas.

17) The team wandering Mistral. (Y'all came up with a beautiful town. Show it off a bit)

18) RWBY &co, meet Penny's 'father' in Atlas. (either end of 6 or in 7)

19) Backstory on Jaune and Nora

20) Ruby becoming stronger and more proficient with Crescent Rose. Qrow's there, use him for his original intro purpose. NO ONE could train Ruby in scythe handling better than Qrow...AND they're in a proper place for training right now. Not to mention Ozpin DID say they ALL needed more training. What better place to do it while they're at a Huntsman Academy.

21) A possible explanation/expansion on why Ruby suddenly grew slightly "weak" at the end of the chapter. Could it possibly be Cinder hitting the bottom of the pit? 

22) Possible naming of RWBY & co. to RWBY-NRJ (Ruby-energy) or something along that thinking

23) Upgrades to ALL character's weapons since they're in a place where you can get almost anything.

24) A chapter or two in northern Anima waiting for a ship to get them to Atlas/Mantle

25) Since Atlas' borders are closed and it may take awhile to convince Ironwood and the council to let them in, a few chapters in the city of Mantle showing the possible poor conditions that the Schnee Co. keeps their employees in and possibly the poor condition of the city of Mantle in general since the capital moved to Atlas.

26) Considering that Ruby's weapon SHOULD require more than a normal amount of arm, shoulder, leg, and upper body strength, she should, once she learns proper person-person fighting technique, be a pretty tough fighter. Handling her weapon AND dealing with the recoil would, by necessity, build up her strength. All she really needs to do is learn technique. 

27) Weiss gets lessons from Winter about summoning and fighting. (Probably near the end of Vol.6 at earliest, most likely Vol.7)

28) Ruby needs a "break-down" event where the team rallies around her. (Possibly in Haven, with a meeting with Pyrrah's family (parents and possibly sisters (possibly an identical twin) that "breaks" her emotionally. (an identical twin would really do it)

29) Possibility of a major "incident" between Mistral residents and the faunus that came to help. (Remember the sign on the wall outside the first place Qrow stopped to look for huntsmen"

30) Possible backstory on Son and why he went to Haven from Vacuo.

31) A bit of explanation on why the lamp was pulsing and starting to glow at the end of Chap.14.

32) If the writers plan on keeping the "Faunus discrimination" as part of the story, I would expect that Atlas would be the "shining city on the hill" all clean and shiny and in good repair. In contrast, I would expect the former capital of Mistral to look similar to late 19th-early 20th century London, NYC, Chicago, etc.. Basically a run-down city in disrepair with fairly well kept homes for the mine managers set apart from the main city which is run-down, filthy, buildings and roads in disrepair with brutal Atlas patrols "keeping the peace". among the Faunus and poor humans. If there is ANY place to show what the White Fang is fighting against, Mistral would be the place to show it in full detail.

33) A start on the backstory of Salem and what the fight between Ozpin and Salem is all about.

34) Blake approaching Yang about her leaving instead of Yang bringing it up.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33725329 - 4 months ago

I want to meet the K&Y in FNKY

• user-572df514355fe

user-572df514355fe

#33725352 - 4 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe Actually it's spelled FNKI.

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33725460 - 4 months ago

In reply to  I want item #33 the most plot wise.

• 00X110

00X110

#33726944 - 4 months ago

In reply to cbwriter

Just another repost/recap of my list of things I'd like to see in Vol.6 with a few more additions:

What I'd like to see in Volume 6:

1) RWBY and co. taking time to reconnect, train, and rest in Mistral.

2) Backstories on Ironwood, Watts, Pyrrha.

3) Team meeting Pyrrah's family

4) Team meeting Team ABRN and SSON as Haven goes back into session

5) Oz explain "Silver Eyes" to Ruby and the team and starting to train her how to use and control it without passing out.

6) Backstory on Summer Rose to Ruby and team.

7) Backstory on Qrow's old team

8) Peeks into Beacon, Atlas, and Vacuo to see what's happening.

9) Backstories on Port, Ooblek, Glynda

10) A peek at what Winter's up to.

11) Salem's reaction and planning

12) Haven's new headmaster/mistress

13) Whether or nor Cinder is actually dead (most likely near/at the end of the volume)

14) The start of the travel to Atlas

15) Mistral residents meeting the faunus that traveled to help save Haven.

16) RWBY & co. meeting the Belladonnas.

17) The team wandering Mistral. (Y'all came up with a beautiful town. Show it off a bit)

18) RWBY &co, meet Penny's 'father' in Atlas. (either end of 6 or in 7)

19) Backstory on Jaune and Nora

20) Ruby becoming stronger and more proficient with Crescent Rose. Qrow's there, use him for his original intro purpose. NO ONE could train Ruby in scythe handling better than Qrow...AND they're in a proper place for training right now. Not to mention Ozpin DID say they ALL needed more training. What better place to do it while they're at a Huntsman Academy.

21) A possible explanation/expansion on why Ruby suddenly grew slightly "weak" at the end of the chapter. Could it possibly be Cinder hitting the bottom of the pit? 

22) Possible naming of RWBY & co. to RWBY-NRJ (Ruby-energy) or something along that thinking

23) Upgrades to ALL character's weapons since they're in a place where you can get almost anything.

24) A chapter or two in northern Anima waiting for a ship to get them to Atlas/Mantle

25) Since Atlas' borders are closed and it may take awhile to convince Ironwood and the council to let them in, a few chapters in the city of Mantle showing the possible poor conditions that the Schnee Co. keeps their employees in and possibly the poor condition of the city of Mantle in general since the capital moved to Atlas.

26) Considering that Ruby's weapon SHOULD require more than a normal amount of arm, shoulder, leg, and upper body strength, she should, once she learns proper person-person fighting technique, be a pretty tough fighter. Handling her weapon AND dealing with the recoil would, by necessity, build up her strength. All she really needs to do is learn technique. 

27) Weiss gets lessons from Winter about summoning and fighting. (Probably near the end of Vol.6 at earliest, most likely Vol.7)

28) Ruby needs a "break-down" event where the team rallies around her. (Possibly in Haven, with a meeting with Pyrrah's family (parents and possibly sisters (possibly an identical twin) that "breaks" her emotionally. (an identical twin would really do it)

29) Possibility of a major "incident" between Mistral residents and the faunus that came to help. (Remember the sign on the wall outside the first place Qrow stopped to look for huntsmen"

30) Possible backstory on Son and why he went to Haven from Vacuo.

31) A bit of explanation on why the lamp was pulsing and starting to glow at the end of Chap.14.

32) If the writers plan on keeping the "Faunus discrimination" as part of the story, I would expect that Atlas would be the "shining city on the hill" all clean and shiny and in good repair. In contrast, I would expect the former capital of Mistral to look similar to late 19th-early 20th century London, NYC, Chicago, etc.. Basically a run-down city in disrepair with fairly well kept homes for the mine managers set apart from the main city which is run-down, filthy, buildings and roads in disrepair with brutal Atlas patrols "keeping the peace". among the Faunus and poor humans. If there is ANY place to show what the White Fang is fighting against, Mistral would be the place to show it in full detail.

33) A start on the backstory of Salem and what the fight between Ozpin and Salem is all about.

34) Blake approaching Yang about her leaving instead of Yang bringing it up.

35. Backstories of Salem and the rest

36. More about Gretchen Reinhart 

37. More about Summer Rose

38. Current status of Beacon

39. 5 more seasons (10 seasons total)

40. Freaking OC contest!!!!!!

• cbwriter

cbwriter FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33726967 - 4 months ago

In reply to 00X110

35) see 33)

36) only if Hazel continues to be a large (pun intended) factor going forward

37) see 6)

38) see 8)

39) apparently around 10 seasons is what Monty was thinking

40) only if it pertains to the story line  ; )

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33726973 - 4 months ago

Well they also were originally going to have vol 2 and 3 as one season, so the total number is nebulous. But as RWBY has had a major arc from the beginning and is less episodic than other RT content, there's a definite end

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33726999 - 4 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Where is this “Vol 2/3 were going to be one season?”

• MichaelHalpe

#33727020 - 4 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

Abtv aftershow iirc, but early on, the Fall of Beacon was going to be in Vol 2, 

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33727037 - 4 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

I'm glad it wasn't. No offense but I could hear people screaming "Volume 5 was rushed and should have been two volumes to build up the pacing" all over again. Christ this FNDM is more bi-polar than Florida in Summer. 

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33727043 - 4 months ago

I have a pretty strong idea RWBY was never meant to be this long in the original planning stages.

I think it was meant to be 5 maybe 7 volumes long and not what its clearly turned into.

I really cant wait till the show is over and we can see the original ideas and concepts of RWBY because I think it would be cool to see what changed and what stayed the same. When the changes and WHY they happened I think will shed a lot of light on RWBY.

• MichaelHalpe

#33727308 - 3 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

In reply to MichaelHalpe

I'm glad it wasn't. No offense but I could hear people screaming "Volume 5 was rushed and should have been two volumes to build up the pacing" all over again. Christ this FNDM is more bi-polar than Florida in Summer. 

That's why they split it up, there was too much to cover. I only know two things about Florida, Disney, and a place I personally would want to hang out East of Disney depending on the day. (A place I wanted to be February 6th)

• cbwriter

#33727330 - 3 months ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to tin-foilhat

In response, may I direct y'all the 7/31/14 episode of "RWBY AfterBuzz TV After show", specifically from 15:30-16:45. This show gives it direct from the creator's mouth.  ^.^

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33727347 - 3 months ago

In reply to cbwriter

Seen that I meant a lot more like being able to read the rwby bible stuff.

From my phone 

• tin-foilhat

#33727377 - 3 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Jesus, if eating alligators isn’t the first thing people mention in regards to Florida it’s Disney. You know what I think they’re right when it’s called a people trap lol.

As for Florida, I’m talking about how it can go from blazing hot oh-I-want-to-die to thunderstorms flooding ours streets in the blink of an eye.

• revanninja

#33727378 - 3 months ago

In reply to cbwriter

Sorry I was thinking it was a different one and I FINALLY got home to double check since looking that up on my phone is NOT easy at all I was wrong. In the future you might want to link the video at the time as that way people can easily see it instead of having to hunt for it and making the mistake I personally did.

Anyway moving on.

7 to 10 but he points out Vol 1-3 was suppose to be about 2 volumes 

I was thinking 5 to 7 Myself but I will admit that wasnt based on anything more me guessing.

And the thing is I truly think its not going at the same pace he thought it was going.

For example Miles and Kerry have both spoken about a plot line that got pushed back in vol 5 to most likely vol 6 and Miles personally considered it the biggest rewrite of RWBY.

So the thing I REALLY want to see is not what they intially thought it was in length but rather the more detailed notes ideas and concepts seeing what stayed the same, what got stretched, and what got removed or changed from the original form.

• MichaelHalpe

#33727379 - 3 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Jesus, if eating alligators isn’t the first thing people mention in regards to Florida it’s Disney. You know what I think they’re right when it’s called a people trap lol.

As for Florida, I’m talking about how it can go from blazing hot oh-I-want-to-die to thunderstorms flooding ours streets in the blink of an eye.

To me Cape Canaveral is more interesting

• tin-foilhat

#33727389 - 3 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Oh believe me, it is. I actually feel like an idiot not realizing that was what you were referring too. 

• MichaelHalpe

#33727393 - 3 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

I even gave the date of the Falcon Heavy demo... But that's alright, not everyone is a space nerd