Forums > RWBY

Volume 6 Wants And Theories

Posts (1816)

• EliseProudmoore

EliseProudmoore

#33730175 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja

How weird would it be if he wasn’t sent because Sienna never would have trusted him if she saw he was there or something? The idea that someone could be too extreme for even the new fang is strange but considering just how out there tyrian is, I wouldn’t rule it out.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33730177 - 7 months ago

In reply to EliseProudmoore

Adam was too extreme from how Sienna acted so not as shocking as we may think.

• EliseProudmoore

EliseProudmoore

#33730180 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Sienna...what a waste of a character from both design and potential for story

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33730186 - 7 months ago

According to the Vol 5 commentary, Sienna will be back. We're not sure if it's through flashbacks or she somehow survived her assassination ( The "Nine Lives" Semblance theory.) but you never know.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33730199 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Yeah the alarm was not exactly the best way to explain my thought. I believe in the emotional bond too. It is obvious that Raven can activate this bond when she wants to who she wants but I wonder how this works when she doesn't because how did she know for Yang ? Does she always feel the emotions of Yang, Tai and Qrow (would be messy inside her head) or does the bond is always silently active and only becomes stronger whenever one of the three is indeed in danger ? I just wonder how Raven knew.

Anyway the portals are an obvious source of infos for Raven. Regardless if the Knowledge relic really provides her special knowledge, it does surely explain why she seems to know more than Qrow himself although they can both turn into birds for spying.

And I have also always wondered if Raven has another unknown portal (so to someone Yang didn't mention). Because it remains a great way of escaping (which comes in handy for Raven) but Tai, Qrow and Yang are maybe not always good "destinations". But she went to Tai (even if we only saw a feather and not heard the distant noise of the portal, I guess it was Raven) so probably not because it confirmed Tai was her only remaining possibility. But it's Raven, you never know. She could have some other tricks up her sleeve.

That is the thing with the relics, I also assume no one can use them right away even if Qrow's speech in V4/C8 sounded like anyone could do so (no real explanations/distinctions). Relics were left behind by the two Gods so I assume they made them not that easy to use. The maiden/key aspect goes in that way of a restrictive access. Though I would say that the maidens, even if they could be connected to their specific relics, can't really use them better than anyone else. They could really be just keys. Salem was not afraid to send Cinder find the Choice and Knowledge ones so I take that as she knew Cinder wouldn't be able to take an advantage even if she suddenly wanted (for the Choice one but she didn't even find it so...)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33730202 - 7 months ago

In reply to Velrak

I think you are HEAVILY misunderstanding how the portals work.

Raven doesnt get free control of them they are to people she has an emotional bond with which Yang says is to Tai Herself and Qrow. Vernal is also most likely another one based on everything. She may have more people she is connected to but I think that is unlikely based on Raven. She doesnt do people easily.

So Raven as far as we have been told cant go anywhere with her portals as far as we have been told.

So no the portals are not the obvious source of information because even if they could go anywhere she still wouldnt know the information. To spy you kind of need to know something in the first place and Cinder was an unknown to Raven.

Raven when she meets Cinder speaks to her not as someone she personally knows instead more as she has seen the type before.

And Raven 100% KNEW Beacon was going to fall and Ozpin was going to fall which doesnt add up with Portal spying and not knowing who Cinder is.

So the portals are not the obvious source of information because there is a LOT that doesnt make sense with that concept namely how limited we are told they are by the show.

And the show also again doesnt seem to indicate Raven has any ability to sense emotions on others parts and instead the emotions are all on Raven's part HER forming bonds is what allows her to teleport. There is no indication the bond is nothing more then an emotional attachment from raven and so far none of a psychic like link you are presenting.

I dont know where you got that idea as that hasnt been said by the show at all. Currently we know VERY little about the relics. It might be like you think on use but the issue is we have zero information on that.

Also the gods didnt make Maidens Ozpin did long after so there is even more murky waters involved.

It may turn out not to be true Maidens and Relics arent linked like I was theorizing we will probably know soon enough.

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33730214 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja

The Maidens are Team RWBY (not saying they’ll get the Maiden powers but maybe they’ll be stand-in for them) and the Relics are gong to JNPR to give them something important to do. Anyone notice that Atlas is white like Jaune’s Aura? And Vale is Green like Oscar’s?

All that’s missing is them hairy Gators.

• revanninja

#33730223 - 7 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

Uh Okay?

Pretty sure we may not get that.

Seems an out there idea to split it like that.

From my phone 

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33730247 - 7 months ago

Just look up JNPR’s importance on the RWBY amino site. Otherwise we’ll be here all day.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33730263 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Sorry if I bother you here, it is not that I disagree but I don't get how Raven doesn't have free control on her own portals. Did she choose to bond to Qrow for example (generally speaking) ? Or does her semblance chose for her and Raven realized that afterward ? Because when the bond is created, it looks to me she has a pretty good control (saving Yang at the right time, choosing to go after Tai or Qrow when she wants...).

You make a good point with Cinder, Raven should have known better about her if she really used her portals to collect infos. I was in fact especially thinking about Qrow who Raven knows he often goes on missions but she would need to know when exactly and anyway the portals are not that discrete.

So still interesting to find out how Raven knew so well about Beacon and Ozpin.

I also believe Raven had a bond to Vernal too as she probably needed to go back to her tribe after saving Yang.

I didn't mean a psychic link but only a perception of emotions without knowing what the emotions are exactly. Like a recorded signal whose nature is unknown but only its intensity and when this intensity increases too much, you get alerted because it generally means something bad (but I know it doesn't make much sense as joy can also provok intense emotions which are obviously not bad).

Anyway I'm just trying to guess how Raven knew it was the time to save Yang. I don't question how she got to the train, I know it is teleportation through a portal allowed by emotional bond to Yang.

You're right, the Gods didn't create the maidens. I forgot that although I've seen the WoR video with the Wizard and the maidens... It was Ozpin's decision to put another barrier between Salem and the relics. Relics are said to be gifts, it sounds first like something you can use easily given that you find it. But yeah we still terribly lack infos, I have good hope V6 will bring new elements about the relics especially.

And just a last point, as you have surely noticed, once again you point out (and rightfully) how I bring up elements that are either not shown or not said in the show. Just for you to know, I am very aware of that ! I am the first one to admit that if anything is not shown or said, then it is safe to assume it is simply not there. But assuming the contrary is not necessarily wrong as long as it doesn't contradict what has already been shown or said. If I still do that, it is because it is my only way to explain some points that I think have yet to be completely answered considering what the show already gave us. But of course, it depends on what you consider still needs explanations and that is why we can disagree.

• revanninja

#33730279 - 7 months ago

In reply to Velrak

The show implies its Raven bonding with people on an emotional level. Its not a choice but rather her emotions on the matter that control it.

She has control of using the portals to go to who she wants but not control on who she is bonded to.

That is what I mean by limited she can ONLY go to the people she has a bond with and no other.

And so her opitions of teleporting are limited by that.

So as an example let us say she wants to go to Atlas but all of her bonds are either right next to her ie Vernal or in Vale as is the case with Tai, Yang, and Qrow. Because she has no people she is bonded to in atlas she CANT portal to Atlas as a result.

That is what I mean by her Portals are VERY limited and she doesnt have full control. 

Agreed on Vernal because it doesnt make sense to Portal away from your tribe and then take months getting back. And considering Vernal gave up her self to play the spring decoy that speaks of a deep level of trust between the two enough I would say for a Portal bond.

Again nothing of the sort has been implied in regards to emotions and Raven. So far all implication is that the bond is solely based on Raven's emotions and with no input by the other side.

Supposedly in V6 we will see the relics get used or get information on them. We are suppose to get Salem's backstory and I have a feeling the two are linked.

The thing I always hold when it comes to stuff in the show vs what could be. When it comes to stuff we only know a vague idea such as magic speculation is fully open. But the issue arrives when we get stuff that is partially explained or shown. This is why I disagree with your speculation on Yang's emotions and the Trust of Qrow the show has shown us a lot of how it goes but your speculations were running counter to what has been stated and shown over several volumes.

Something like what Salem can and cant do is open because we know so little but once stuff starts to get defined and laid out then we have to recognize it and step back into those laid out concepts. And sometimes those Laid out concepts give us new room to speculate. As an example Maidens originally we thought the Maidens were the seasons they were called but as we have found out that isnt the case yet they are still unique despite the uniqness we have been presented with is on the person using the power rather then the power itself. So then how do they figure out which is which? How do they get the right maiden to the right vault? These open up room to speculate.

So when it comes to stuff in the show we should follow what the show says FIRST and speculate in the stuff that is ill defined or not shown.

• revanninja

#33730287 - 7 months ago

Ok the latest RWBY chibi.

Pyrrha is more then a little okay with that and I hope they continue that plot line.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33730297 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Kinda hope so you could get a lot of funny skits out of that.

• revanninja

#33730299 - 7 months ago

In reply to JROY

Uh "evil" pyrrha but she is SUCH a bad actress over it.

From my phone 

• Velrak

Velrak

#33730311 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Ok that's what I thought for the portals, thanks for the extra explanation it is clear now. I wonder if Raven had a portal to Summer (never implied by the show I know so I stop here haha).

I always stick to what the show presents in priority. Of course. What happened with Yang is one of the rare cases where I'm not satisfied, where I have this feeling not everything adds up. But we will find out in V6 I'm sure.

About the maidens, there is indeed some room to speculate. I'll have a go.

Starting from the first maidens, if you don't lose track of their respective lineage then you always know which one is which (and consequently which one goes to a given vault). And I currently believe that Ozpin, Qrow, Glynda and Ironwood always knew the identities of each maiden (it implies Ozpin always knew it by himself before he put them in the loop). Because first, they made it clear they are the only ones to know about them and given how important the maidens are, I assumed they made everything possible to not lose track of them (even when one dies, the most uncertain outcome situation but Qrow said it made then the job more difficult but not impossible and most importantly it implies this job is done in the first place). Then, we were shown how Qrow was able to save Amber (too late but he knew where to go). Then again, when it was revealed Spring has been lost for the last 10 years, I took it as track never has been lost for the three others and the Spring situation was only an accident. And finally but this is pure interpretation, Ozpin never seem to worry a bit about the Summer and Winter maidens (when he was Ozpin at Beacon and still now as Oscar). I take that as a high level of confidence of who they are and at least where they are (a little bit like for the Beacon relic).

And I may not remember, but I don't recall anything explaning how Cinder, Emerald and Mercury were able to find and ambush Amber. How did they now ?

My feeling is that both sides (heroes and vilains, at least some of them) have informations about the maidens that we still don't know.

• revanninja

#33730316 - 7 months ago

In reply to Velrak

Leo is 100% how they knew.

As.for the lineage that is the thing maidens were known over the world and fought over before oz and his groups made them become myths. And qrow flat out says people killed maidens for their powers when he explains it to pyrrha.

So keeping track in the implied situation seems difficult.

In regards to yang I have the complete opposite feeling. It feels well done and satisfying in how it handles it and yang response.

The maidens are probably less and more important then we realize.

From my phone 

• Velrak

Velrak

#33730434 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

A bit delayed reply sorry but here is everything I would like to know about the Silver Eyes and my current theory about them. Also what I expect in V6 about SE.

Questions

My current guess (100% speculation !)

1) Where do they come from ?

Special trait secretly added by the God of Light when mankind was created in response to the Grimm already created and still present.

2) What is the nature of their white light ? 

Divine so as to specifically reach the Grimms ; can't be recreated even with the relics or magic.

3) How can you have them ?

Genetic transmission only ; can't steal an eye to get the power like the Sharingans in Naruto.

4) Why are they so rare now ?

Few SE warriors to begin with + genetic transmission not always working unlike for Faunus + difficult to know how to activate/control them because too much SE warriors have to learn on their own.

5) Is Ruby currently the only one with SE in whole Remnant ? 

No but maybe the only one who has awaken them.

6) How do they work (activation, control, properties) ?

Activation and control possible even if it makes you blind by developping your hearing and perception skills, by learning how to lower the influence of strong negative emotions and focusing on strong positive emotions ; without training SE are not controlled and activate themselves when facing perspective of death (Jaune) or actual death (Pyrrha) for a close person. Penny... I assume her robot nature somehow influenced Ruby when she saw her dead.

Properties ; SE not correlated with aura nor with semblance, they can affect all Grimms in a limited range (that can be widen with training), they can be directed toward only one target (some training requested), they can freeze Grimms (that we are sure) but also kill them with a short but powerful discharge (high control requested).

7) Can they be used when you want (given that you already control them) ?

No ! It only works at night when the moon is visible for the SE warrior currently using them.

(I know it would be a hell of a weakness but SE warriors are a bit cheated to start with and anyway I believe SE are linked to the moon somehow, it was there the two times we saw them and I find this coincidence very suspect) :)

I do not expect V6 to explain everything of course but at least I hope Ruby will finally ask some questions (at least number 6) and it could also be a great occasion to have some flasback about Summer.

• EliseProudmoore

EliseProudmoore

#33730528 - 7 months ago

So do you think its too much of a ‘Want’ for them to focus on Ruby properly in volume 6? Shes barely done anything since Beacon tower and its more than a little frustrating

• SaberWulf

SaberWulf

#33730530 - 7 months ago

It’s not a bad thing that you want to see that, if that’s what your trying to imply. Just don’t be surprised if you don’t get that.

Were spending the next Volume in Atlas, meaning were probably going to get a lot of Weiss and her family (yahoo) and maybe some Jaune and Oscar stuff. Jaune because he hasn’t had his turn on the post-volume 3 focus merry go round yet and Oscar because Ozpin and he will likely need to deal with Ironwood in some way.

Add those into the villains arc and I think were going to be majorly let down far as Ruby goes. Though I suppose that’s par for the course isn’t it?

• revanninja

#33730538 - 7 months ago

In reply to SaberWulf

We may not be in Atlas.

It could be like vol 4 and we travel to Atlas over the volume and dont go there right away.

Then there is the fact we might get SE info via the supposed Salem arc as it might explain it through that. Wouldnt that be interesting if Salem was the first SE?

Then there is also the fact Weiss in Atlas is going to need help which Ruby being her friend and helping her can give her character development.

There is a LOT of ways to Develop Ruby so I dont think its going to be a major let down because its clear vol 4 and 5 are setting up for something and 6 being the time to trip it makes the most sense.

• SaberWulf

SaberWulf

#33730545 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja

You don’t think having another volume of travel time only or heavy travel time would be a bit risky at best at this stage though? People haven’t forgotten Volume 4 after all, it’s still being held up as the worst volume we’ve had to date.

My opinion only, it’d be pretty dumb to go down that route. This doesn’t mean I think YOUR dumb for thinking it might happen this way, to be clear. In all likelihood you could be right on the money. I just have no interest in that at all. Sounds like a snore fest tbh

• revanninja

#33730555 - 7 months ago

In reply to SaberWulf

I dont know where you are getting that because I havent seen that at all.

For most its vol 5 being held up as that.

It only sounds like a snore fest because you arent giving it proper attention and exploring the concept.

So what they do is spend a few episodes in Mistral this focuses on 3 things. One after Math of Leo and his stuff, two Jaune Ren and Nora with Pyrrha's family, and Three Blake Yang's upcoming discussion.

Then let us say they get on a train or something like it to travel to Atlas. During said voyage Ozpin uses the Relic to show Salem and Her Past.

This takes up the major part of the volume with sprinkled in current events and conflicts.

Some of the battles we can have is

Pyrrha's family fights JNPR as some part of ritual or something test of character etc

Battle on the train have a grimm attack during the scenes.

The battle between Salem and Ozpin

What ever Salem did in the past

Punishment by Salem for Merc Hazel and Em of fighting a small army of Grimm proving they gave everything they have while also training them.

And this is just a rough sketch of what they can do for a travel.

It might also help develop Salem AND Ruby if it turns out Salem used to be like Ruby but she hit a breaking point that made her become what she is today.

Have Weiss maybe see the gods like Jacques that sort of thing

So no not a snore fest or dumb or any other demeaning thing you want to call it. It has potential to explore and have action all at once.

A rough sketch idea isnt complete and has plenty of room to be tweaked into something more.

• SaberWulf

SaberWulf

#33730560 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja

One big difference between your opinion and mine however: After Volume 4 and then further compounded by 5, I no longer trust Miles or Kerry to keep a respectable balance between all the exposition talks and fighting.

You apparently still do. And thats fine, I can respect that, but thats WHY I use ‘demeaning’ terms.

• revanninja

#33730567 - 7 months ago

In reply to SaberWulf

Yeah well no trust for them and demeaning what is just basically a rough idea concept is two VERY different things.

For example you could have just said I dont think Miles and Kerry can handle that properly and I dont think it will be good because of that.

That way you express what you ACTUALLY mean without being demeaning.

Calling someone else's idea a snore fest or dumb when the part you are concerned with has NOTHING to do with the concept being presented and more if the creators can actually handle said concept is just being demeaning for no good reason.

its okay to not think Miles and Kerry can handle it I disagree and think they can handle it.

• SaberWulf

SaberWulf

#33730571 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Oh...i see what happened. Revan I didn’t mean YOUR outline idea was bad. I meant the concept of them doing another travel volume in general. I apologize for that, i should have worded that better.

Why though? Like I’m honestly confused as to how you still think they can do it.