Forums > RWBY

Volume 6 Wants And Theories

Posts (1057)

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33729876 - 6 days ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

Tin knock it off it was done on both our ends stop trying to stir things up.

From my phone 

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33729926 - 6 days ago

I want to know how the Ozlumenati can tell which Maiden is which if they carry the same moveset. What's stopping them from accidentally picking up the Summer Maiden when opening the Atla's Relic Chamber.

At first I thought they would be colour coded (yellow/orange for Fall, Green for Spring, etc) but Raven debunked the idea of Spring being coded green.

I would like to see Qrow or Ozpin either explain that problem (do Maidens a special 'scent'?) or show the work they have to put in when searching for a Maiden, especially if she's been chosen at random. If the Winter Maiden is next on the list then is she accounted for or did she coincidently died between volumes in order for the team to start the search once they get to Atlas?

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33729929 - 6 days ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

That is a REALLY good question to be honest. 

Originally I assumed it was a case of certain magic to maiden but they have said the Maiden is just a codename and the powers are more or less equal with the individual being the reason why certain magics are expressed more then others.

We have also been told they are Keys to specific vaults and you need said Key to unlock the Vault meaning the Maidens arent interchangable. hence why they dont just use Cinder to unlock each Relic seeing as she is a maiden.

While they can probably keep track of the lineage by seeing when Maidens die and so forth times like with Raven MUST have happened which can make the lines unclear or when multiple maidens die at the same or roughly the same time which again has probably happened a time or two.

There is probably something we are missing or dont know yet that lets them figure out which maiden is which.

its possible Ozpin as the one who made them can tell who is who at a glance.

Or even more there might in fact be subtle things that are expressed by the maiden.

For example Raven is the Maiden connected to Knowledge and she clearly knows a lot. In Vol 4 she told Qrow she had told him about the beacon Fall and that Ozpin would fall. It may have actually been what tipped off Qrow as such accurate predictions might be a hallmark of the Spring Maiden.

Its not the first time Raven has shown almost supernatural knowledge. Take Yang back in vol 2 when she was about to be killed by Neo. They were on a train doing a mission that got a LOT more complex yet Raven was aware of Yang enough to not only teleport in when she needed help but also to stop it in the nick of time.

So its possible the Maidens arent JUST batteries of Magic but also outlets for the Relics powers in minor ways and that outlet might be the more powerful gift.

We see with Cinder she is VERY gifted at getting people to choose to work with her. Its possible as a maiden connected to the relic of choice she can bend people's choices to her own.

This is all speculation but it might be the reason for it.

If this does follow the Maiden of Winter is connected to the relic of Creation which means she might be expressive in her ability to create, music, art, science who knows the exact form but its possible.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33729942 - 6 days ago

In reply to CinderFaII

Well, you're not spouting your inane prattle about Cinder, so you're not throwing blood into the water.

The short answer to your first question is: assume alive.  There was no transfer of the Maiden powers shown, and considering that is DEFINITELY a sure-fire way to show that a Maiden has died, along with the narrative importance of the Maidens (so off-screen transfer is a no-go)....

I would not read too much into Cinder "believing in destiny" considering that they've had two seasons to follow up on that and nothing.  Odds are, it was nothing more than a parting shot to Pyrrha.  But then, Pyrrha's line is very much out of place to begin with, so I call that a wash.

Also, to answer your earlier question, one I'm sure you already knew the answer to, is that yes, they have confirmed that the armor Weiss defeated is a Grimm, an Armas Gigas, if I recall it correctly.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.2

#33729955 - 6 days ago

In reply to CinderFaII

There are two scenes in Volume 4 that shows that the reason he's antagonistic to his sisters is because the both found ways to become independent of their dad, something he has not and he resents them for it.

• revanninja

#33729957 - 6 days ago

In reply to WrightKnight

For Pyrrha and CInder's destiny, Unless its a setup for future stuff because they did that with Blake's book on the man with 2 souls more or less referring to Ozpin and his hosts. And that got said in vol 1 and we found out about Ozpin in vol 4.

So its not like they havent done this before.

Only time will tell if something comes of it or not.

• CinderFaII

CinderFaII

#33729958 - 6 days ago

In reply to JROY

Well, I have certainly seen individuals become full-fledged antagonists with less motivation than that — jealousy & resentment are powerful motivators for any antagonistic character.

• CinderFaII

CinderFaII

#33729962 - 6 days ago

In reply to revanninja

If I may, I simply don't see any reason for Cinder to lie to Pyrrha in that situation.  The fight is — for all intents & purposes — over.  Despite the fact that she is quite skilled at manipulation, we've also seen that Cinder has no problems in being direct with people if the situation calls for it.

As far as Cinder knew, there was no-one coming to save Pyrrha — so I simply don't see any reason for her to give a dishonest answer to the question:

"Do you believe in destiny?"

"Yes."

• CinderFaII

CinderFaII

#33729965 - 6 days ago

In reply to revanninja

There is one possibility that I have often speculated upon.  After the final exchange between Cinder & Pyrrha — is it possible that Pyrrha said anything else?  Particularly when Cinder approaches her & places her hand upon her forehead.

It would have to be brief, obviously — but I think it is an interesting possibility.

• revanninja

#33729968 - 6 days ago

In reply to CinderFaII

I dont think so simply because arrow to the chest even if it missed the heart, a small chance but there, is still bloody painful to breathe let alone talk. So I think unlikely.

But I dont think the Destiny talk is that shut and closed I think its most likely a setup for something since it was so out of place.

In reply to CinderFaII

I think you tagged the wrong person since I dont think Cinder lied either

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33729971 - 6 days ago

In reply to revanninja

Maybe, but are you sure that they are talking about the same definition of destiny?  Pretty sure they're not.

• CinderFaII

CinderFaII

#33729973 - 6 days ago

In reply to revanninja

Well, we've all seen individuals gasp dying words in works of fiction — many of them sporting far worse injuries than Pyrrha — still, point taken.

In reply to revanninja

No, I meant to tag you.  Still, it may have been best to post it as its own comment, so I apologize for the confusion.

• CinderFaII

CinderFaII

#33729974 - 6 days ago

Source: Merriam-Webster Dictionary 

DESTINY

noun  des·ti·ny  \ ˈdes-tə-nē \

plural destinies

1: Something to which a person or thing is destined.

2: A predetermined course of events often held to be an irresistible power or agency. 

• CinderFaII

CinderFaII

#33729975 - 6 days ago

Alternatively —

3: A slightly above average video game with an abysmal sequel.

Sorry — I couldn't help myself.

• cbwriter

cbwriter FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33729977 - 6 days ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

It may be that the Maidens' transfer of power acts in the same way Ozpin's does, the Maiden's aura merges with the new host's. While Ozpin's transfer requires a new host of similar mind, it is possible that the Maiden's only looks to the requirements already stated. Of course that could possibly set up a "war" between the two "minds". That would be settled if they either agree to co-exist in the new host. or the stronger "mind" of the two "forces" the Maiden's "mind" into submission. The latter would be my reasoning behind Raven being mostly "herself". The previous Spring Maiden was described as "scared and weak" so Raven's "mind" would have be able to take control.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33729979 - 6 days ago

Considering that what Pyrrha ascribed to was more in line with the word "calling", I'd say that they just used the word destiny to make what Pyrrha was saying more grandiose than it actually was.  Now, CINDER is using the word, or at least the synonym "fated", correctly (Extracurricular)

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33729981 - 6 days ago

Either way, I'm going dark for a while.  Got a LONG work week ahead of me.  And to be honest, not sure if I'm going to come back.  I think it might be time to truly leave the fandom.  Still going to give this show one more season.  But I AM going to judge it on its own merits, since each season is a complete thing in and of themselves, on top of being part of the greater whole.  This is true for any work of fiction that blocks out in pieces, whether it be a series of novels, or an episodic show.  Which mean that not only can I judge each season in their own rights, I damn well SHOULD.  And no amount of crying, whining, or tantrum-throwing will stop me from doing that.

In short: I should not have to slog through multiple seasons of shit to chase the PROMISE, the POSSIBILITY, of a good long-term payoff.

• user-5a98361f8663d

user-5a98361f8663d

#33729983 - 5 days ago

In reply to WrightKnight

In reply to CinderFaII

hmm well i think pyrrha try to say is something like "i may fall but another will defeated you" or something along those lines.

also they way cinder was defeated at the end of vol 5 was..... anticlimactic for all of vol 1-4 they was building her up to be in videogame's terms the second last or final boss but they off her at the end of vol 5 now dont get me wrong if it turns out she dead great but the way the fight ended it left a "did she live" vibe to it for all we know she will come bake more grim out then before.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33729986 - 5 days ago

In reply to user-5a98361f8663d

WAY too cryptic for anyone to ascertain her real meaning, which means it's crap as far as last words goes.  Also, the response from Cinder ended up even more interesting, which for a MAIN CHARACTER, is pretty bad.  But of course, we ALL now know Pyrrha wasn't a Main, so whatever.

• EliseProudmoore

EliseProudmoore

#33729987 - 5 days ago

You know I really want them to show off what the Silver eyes can do? All we ever see is a screen blinding flash, i’d like to see other abilities it grants.

Partly a selfish request because i had a fanfic idea in my head but i really don’t want to write what I THINK they do and then look like a dumbass when Im most likely wrong.

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33730000 - 5 days ago

In reply to EliseProudmoore

When it comes SEW's I would like to know.....

1. How rare are they? I don't think Ruby is the last one in existence but I do think her and possibly Summer are the only ones to have awaken their powers.

2. What's their weakness? If people like Hazel have 'dealt with their kind' in the past then this might mean that they know how to handle them swiftly.

3. Is it genetics or a 'mutation'? Is it possible that a SEW could have a non-SEW child? We know Summer obviously did but do we know if her parents were SEW's?

4. Was there a lot of them in the past? If so then what happened to them? Were they victims to one of Ozpin's many attempts at stopping Salem (they're good at killing Grimm after all.)? Was is bred out by people because they didn't want their children to become warriors because destiny said that they should?

• EliseProudmoore

EliseProudmoore

#33730011 - 5 days ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

All really good questions i would like to know as well. If they ever decide to have Ruby stop being dumb and ask.

• revanninja

#33730012 - 5 days ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

The Second question we know the answer to. Their powers dont work on humans so people like Hazel they are just normal people with flashy eyes.

As for 4 there is another reason why they got bred out that has nothing to do with warriors. Its genetic if the gene is recessive in trait then slowly but surely the gene would stop being expressed as SE marry those who dont carry the gene. What it might mean is SE pop up when the genetics align properly and 2 carriers of the gene come together to produce an SE.

There is other explanations then blaming Oz after all.

You are not the only one who wants to see them at work.

In reply to WrightKnight

Your noted throwing of the idea of a LONG over reaching story and concepts under a bus is noted and still false. Because it ignores that stories CAN in fact setup and do stuff like that a lot. Series like RvB Wheel of Time and Night Angel trilogy in fact run on this trope where tiny comments noticed things become important at later dates and times.

Enjoy your time off though.

In reply to cbwriter

That so far hasnt been hinted at all in fact it was the giant unknown of putting Amber's aura into Pyrrha and what it may or may not do to her personality that was such an issue. If it was going to happen regardless I think they would have mentioned it. But the issue of what happens to someone is only given in regards to the aura machine and not the normal process of Maiden power.

In reply to CinderFaII

The thing to keep in mind is that Pyrrha isnt using the normal def for it and in fact does giver her own version of the word.

In reply to WrightKnight

They are not talking about the same concept of destiny true but that just gives them the ability to bring in questions of what is Destiny.

• EliseProudmoore

EliseProudmoore

#33730013 - 5 days ago

In reply to revanninja

Its kind of frustrating we know so little about a clearly big weapon/power. And a boring protagnist with apparently no interest in knowing about them doesn’t help.

It’d be like Aang never asking how he could airbend.

• revanninja

#33730016 - 5 days ago

I dont think Ruby is boring what I think they are doing is she is bottling and BADLY at that. its going to explode they have given us lots of hints this is the case and has more or less been directly stated by her Va Lindsay Jones.

I think she is TRYING to pretend there is nothing wrong and everything is like it always is and its not working. She is scared and probably traumatized by SE since Pyrrha died to unlock it so she is most likely trying not to think about it.

But that wont work for long.