Forums > RWBY

Volume 6 Wants And Theories

Posts (1943)

• DekZek

DekZek

#33734015 - 1 week ago

I would like to note that in the comics, Thanos definitely qualifies as a Nutjob. He wants to kill half of all life because he wishes to gain the affection of Death (yes, she's a person), who Thanos is completely obsessed with. This is why he kills his entire family, and does everything else

• The-Batman-Who-Laughs

The-Batman-Who-Laughs

#33734016 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja

It's slightly better then the comics, believe me. In the comic The Infinity Gauntlet,

Thanos wipes out half the universe, because he believed Death would finally 

notice him and allow him to be her consort. No, seriously, that's the plot. 

Look it up on Wikipedia.

• The-Batman-Who-Laughs

The-Batman-Who-Laughs

#33734017 - 1 week ago

In reply to DekZek

Exactly. As I said, look it up.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33734018 - 1 week ago

In reply to The-Batman-Who-Laughs

No I am aware of the reason and I laugh because Death is interested in Melt face mcgee Deadpool instead.

I was just laying out the movies he 100% isnt in the right as his action have destablized huge amounts of the bio spheres people need to live. There is a better then average chance depending on what is and isnt wiped out he could have forced creatures to slowly die out.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues

#33734019 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja Not necessarily. Plants and animals tend to fall in the "renewable resources" category, while the biggest issue in resource exhaustion is the loss of "nonrenewable resources" like crude oil. That said, mass murder is never a good answer to any problem.

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33734020 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja

If that's the case then that means either the universe will either slowly die out or the cycle of fighting over whatever resources that are left will continue. What's stopping Thanos from snapping his fingers again if he feels that the universe needs another downsizing? 

Thanos didn't think this through, did he? But I suppose that's the point.

• The-Batman-Who-Laughs

The-Batman-Who-Laughs

#33734021 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja

True. I got tired with the whole "genocide is the solution" thing with Thanos as well.

Crazy thinking, is what it is. Anyway, here's hoping Volume 6 is great (fingers

crossed) and finally get RWBY back on track. 

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33734022 - 1 week ago

In reply to Blue-Rose-89

He 100% didnt.

From my understanding it was random on what lived and what died. So there is a chance some planets will have weathered it better then others and might recover.

But some of them yeah no.

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

NO you are 100% wrong it takes a CAREFUL balance of Plants herbivores and canivores to support life.

It is known as the house of cards for a REASON.

It is not ANYWHERE the renewable resource you think it is. You take out large sections of ANY animal food base such as plants or herbivores it WILL cause issues and deaths in other creatures.

All the way up to Extinction.

The reason why we dont have giant insects now a days when in the VERY distant past we did is because we lost a large chunk of our trees and the evolution of the insects meant the larger ones couldnt get enough o2 to survive and thus we get the smaller ones living while the bigger ones dying out as a result.

And that is a VERY simple example I can bring up off the top of my head.

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33734118 - 1 week ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

Than tell me WHY couldn’t he just double the resources in the universe? Put a hold on population growth? The things are hyped up to be the Deus Ex Machina of Stan Lee? He could’ve done ANYTHING ELSE that didn’t have to involve killing the population of the universe. So his planet was one example. What do we know of every other planet? Of the billions of years life has had time to flourish, fade, and die? For all his grandiose ego-mania he was a flawed and arrogant madman. That is it. He is no man with a point. That was blinded by his own ambitions to prove his point is what makes him that monster. He tried to play god but failed to see the factual evidence of his own mortality and flaws. Can a Man take on godhood? No he can not. That was the whole point of Genesis. Original Sin, you take hold of the temptation forbidden to you because you have the arrogance to proclaim yourself a god. 

In reply to revanninja

Hahaha. Had not heard that. LOVE how this is the side effect. Now he has to kill half the universe AGAIN.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01

#33734123 - 1 week ago

New Voltron season is out. I've seen half of it so far. New LGBQT characters, new shippings and awesome action. Haven't seen the whole season yet, but so far so good

• Gicaldo

Gicaldo

#33734157 - 1 week ago

Wait really? Okay, that's stupid. I didn't know about that. Then Thanos' plan really stops making sense all of a sudden.

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33734164 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01

If you’re a fan of Voltron fine, but PLEASE let’s not open that can of worms I just came from. People are attacking the voice actors, and the creators fail to realize what it was they did wrong and why people are so furious. Things have gotten so ugly that it REALLY makes you appreciate your fandom isn’t THAT fandom.

Remember the fuss people were making about Ilia being evil and queer? Haha, that was a mild discourse COMPARED to the WARZONE THAT’S ON TUMBLR. Stay away every one! STAY AWAY! The fandom was so wrong about Ilia being negative representation. Even though it was clear from the beginning she was intended to me a misunderstood and conflicted but sympathetic character and her feelings for Blake were portrayed as one of her most REDEEMABLE and positive qualities? RWBY has better LGBTQA rep by FAR after Voltron’s last season. I’m not saying anything more than I want to take everything back I ever said about queer baiting after a hat I saw. Even if B.B. don’t get together I’m still willing to say they are more thoughtful and considerate of their LGBTQA audiences and 99.5 percent of the rest of the animation field.

Next paycheck I’m buying a rainbow RT shirt.

• Gicaldo

Gicaldo

#33734165 - 1 week ago

I actually liked Ilia's portrayal. As a friend of mine put it, she's not controlled by her sexuality; it's just a tiny part of who she is. Besides, if you only put LGBT+ characters in certain roles, isn't that discrimination to a certain degree, too?

Plus, Ilia is redeemed by the end of Volume 5 anyway, so I really don't get the complaints.

• tin-foilhat

#33734167 - 1 week ago

In reply to Gicaldo

I was cynical at first. My thought was “Really? The first recurring queer character is morally conflicted?” But in hindsight and reflection, I can say the handling of Ilia’s character could’ve been so much worse and what CRWBY was trying to come across as saying. It might’ve been somewhat flawed but they really did pull off a compelling queer character with more grace than the FNDM’s initial knee-jerk reaction gave them credit for.

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33734171 - 1 week ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

Um. I'm opening that can of worms? Because I like Voltron and I had no idea anything is happening. I haven't seen the newest season yet but I don't care about spoilers.  Are you saying the crew did something awful (my thoughts jumped to them killing an LGBTQ+ character) and people are understandably angry or are the fans unreasonably angry about something (like their ship not being canon)? Or both? I think I saw a tweet from a crewmember asking people not to send death threats to the crew but I thought they were old.

• revanninja

#33734186 - 1 week ago

In reply to EmeraldKiwi94

Shiro is confirmed Gay

His lover Adam is killed before they return to earth.

They have shot down Klance. Lance and Allura seems to be on a slow but growing in speed track while Keith and Axca seem to be a thing in fact its even said by Lotor's former female generals she was ALWAYS sweet on him. They brought back Shay and she sees Hunk and its clear its picking up right after they left off. Pidge was confirmed to be using an assumed name and Id confirming she was never trans like some thought.

Basically a LOT of Fanon has just gotten disproved.

• Gicaldo

Gicaldo

#33734189 - 1 week ago

Oh dear, and if there's one thing that pisses fans off no end is disproving their fan theories.

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33734211 - 1 week ago

In reply to revanninja

Oh. Yikes. Also, called it on the LGBTQ+ character death.  weary

• RavenBranwen008

RavenBranwen008 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold 走开

#33734212 - 1 week ago

You're theories have to be plausible depending on the events that occur, my friends. They must relevant. Otherwise, in other words they are completely nonchalant.  

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33734213 - 1 week ago

In reply to Gicaldo

Yes, that was a big part of my contribution to the Queerbaiting topic: that only putting LBGT character in specific roles, even if they're positive, not only sets a new stereotype for them, it ALSO inherently sets a new NEGATIVE stereotype for others.  What's the other message sent if you're saying that LBGT people can only be portrayed as good?  That the only evil people are straight.  Sometimes I wonder if certain portions of various aggrieved minority communities know that they are making these inherent arguments, geared towards painting their former tormentors (straight white men) as evil, and don't care.  Because that's what social society is doing with it's ultra-PC culture now: an emphasis on NOT portraying people of color, LGBT, women, etc, etc, as good and right, and that's a massive improvement.  But when you pair it up with massive social attacks and knee-jerk reactions against anyone who DOESN'T portray them as such, the inherent second, more negative part of that message is sent.  It DOES raise the question of what the goal is: justice....or vengeance?

In reply to tin-foilhat
    I'm actually OK with how the writers of Voltron handled all this.  After all, did I not objectively consider all of those possibilities, up to and including Pidge NOT being transgender?  After all, she had a valid and practical reason for crossdressing.  It's clear that the problem is entirely on the fans' end, NOT the writers'.  I'd say that they handled Shiro and the others BETTER than RT did Ilia, AND that you are going to see an even BIGGER backlash if Blake/Yang does not become a thing, due to how members of Rooster Teeth, NAMELY BARBARA, have actively contributed to the hyping up of that pairing in the fans' minds by saying the things they do (like publicly saying that she hopes that Yang is gay, for example), and that's on top of the fans basically not accepting any other type of representation, due to the aforementioned attempt at positive stereotyping.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33734214 - 1 week ago

In reply to RavenBranwen008

.....I'm sorry, that is a LOT of word salad for what is an incoherent thought.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33734217 - 1 week ago

Adam is a soldier, too.  There was ALWAYS the possibility that he'd die off-screen.  Actually, that's another stereotype that the LBGT community does want to see reduced, but may not care if it sends the other message that only straight people should be killed

• Gicaldo

Gicaldo

#33734219 - 1 week ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Actually, I think the reason why only putting minorities in certain, heroic roles, always careful not to portray them in a negative light in any way whatsoever, is still discrimination against that very minority. "Discrimination" is not treating everyone equally. And if you deny minorities certain roles that non-offensive straight white guys can have no problem, you're still implying that those minorities are different in some way and should be treated with more care.

And... yeah, I'm a straight white male, so I can't speak for minorities, but I do think that they really just want to be treated like everyone else. That means putting them in both heroic and villainous roles, too. Since chances are most movies and shows are made overwhelmingly by majorities (I mean, that's why they're called "majorities"), I don't think they ever intend to discriminate against themselves. They're just so careful in treating minorities in a politically correct way to avoid criticism, that they end up discriminating again.

But, looking at the backlash for Ilia's character, I'm starting to understand them. You really can't have a minority be a flawed character like everyone else without causing a massive outrage.

• revanninja

#33734222 - 1 week ago

Considering the situation it's honestly not that surprising. It's actually realistic he isn't presented as special to the public only to shiro who clearly thinks on him.

It's presented as being realistic and not simple.

From my phone 

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33734224 - 1 week ago

In reply to Gicaldo

And that's the FANS' fault, not the writers, and is really a symptom of the disease that is the knee-jerk reactionary social society that we line in now. 

And to be honest, we are both right: it IS still discriminatory against the aggrieved minorities through special treatment when it ideally SHOULD be equal treatment....and it IS a case of sending an inherent discriminatory message towards the majorities, whether that inherent message is known or not.

The real question still remains: "two birds, one stone"?