Forums > RWBY

Volume 6 Wants And Theories

Posts (1816)

• Velrak

Velrak

#33736068 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja

Could you please elaborate on what you think are the real desires and motives of Adam ?

We still lack a complete backstory on him but it seems you have a theory that doesn't involve the Faunus at all. I'm curious. Personally, I agree with that aspect. I feel like Adam always had some personal objectives uncorrelated to the Faunus despite fighting for the Faunus. BUT I also think Adam was genuinely fighting for the Faunus because of... well the multiple examples the show gave us on that. If somehow it turns out he was faking it this whole time, then I have to say it would be a great plot twist (and Adam should receive an Oscar) ! There is still room for it to happen for me : 1) We still don't know what type of Faunus Adam is IF he is one indeed 2) We still don't know the exact reasons why he embraced the Faunus cause (did he lose someone because of discrimination ?) and 3) Why did he say "It is time I got what I deserved" at the end of the short ?? If he was so dedicated as he always appeared to be, he would have said we wouldn't he ?

To recap, given everything the show has given us (short included) my call is that Adam has always been willing to fight for the Faunus but this call has never been definitive as I always have had doubts which have recently grown thanks to the said short and Adam killing Sienna.

I still disagree with his presumed loyalty. The examples you gave (train attack, Beacon) can't only be explained through pure loyalty. All of Adam's actions could also very well have a hidden face in terms of motives. I don't even recall Adam calling himself loyal (even if he did, he could be acting). Also, why Adam killed Sienna if he was really loyal to her ?

Why Adam wasn't shown with Hazel and co at the end of the short ? If he was willing to join them, he had all the time and the capacity to do so after he saw them from the tree.

Tracking them now makes sense. We agree Salem is the best option for Adam now but he doesn't know where she is. Only the Hazel group knows but Hazel would not accept his company because he likely doesn't trust him and they don't really need him to handle themselves, Hazel is not injured enough to be unable to fight, Mercury has not been shown to be that injured and it could be a good strategy to scatter whatever forces are after them by staying splitted (also, chances are higher for the Hazel group to be spotted so Adam would notice that and keep a way out).

Also we don't know anything about Salem's defenses. Neither does Adam. It makes sense to first acknowledge what he could face. But the question is not even here. Even if Salem's defenses are strong (which is surely the case), Adam has just to make clear he wishes to speak to Salem. More importantly, Hazel has better not be around when he does so because he would very likely ditch him and undermine Adam's credibility at a crucial moment. He has reasons to keep his distance now.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33736071 - 7 months ago

In reply to Velrak

I am going to be honest here I disagree with your viewpoint but we have been going around in circles and there is no real point to it.

I know you are not convincing me with your logic and I know you disagree with mine.

So rather then continue a long drawn out argument I say we quit it. We will see the answer in vol 6 anyway and this seems pointless.

From my phone 

• Velrak

Velrak

#33736072 - 7 months ago

In reply to revanninja

I'm fine with it but I don't think it was pointless.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33736081 - 7 months ago

In reply to Velrak

Adam's a bull Faunus. If you look close you can see the bull ears in his hair.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33736084 - 7 months ago

In reply to Velrak

I do for a Variety of reasons

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

I think you mean horns not ears and yes you can

• Velrak

Velrak

#33736098 - 7 months ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

Ho yes thanks, somehow I missed it this entire time ! And his name is Adam Taurus... :)

• Borrigan

Borrigan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33736881 - 7 months ago

I personally want more oomph from the villains, as I type I haven't watched the Adam short so this could all be moot.

I really liked how Tyrion came across in Volume 4, he was a legit threat to the gang and was really fun to watch.

I felt Cinder didn't have the same punch, Salem isn't up to much other than being the big bad which is good, that's how she should be right now I think. I didn't really care for Hazel and as of Volume 5 Emerald and Mercury left me a bit disappointed, depending on how you view them as "villains" of course.

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33737369 - 7 months ago

In reply to arklaynorth I do love Gundam, but transformers takes every number and multiplies it by a few thousand.

• Horus1122

Horus1122

#33737396 - 7 months ago

In reply to Borrigan emerald and mercury aren't bad guys yet but now thanks to cinder being dead I'm very interested in watching them become bad ass villain characters and your absolutely right about Salem she has to be built up to that point where we beg to see her kick someone's ass. And personally I think Adam gets some umph points in his trailer, I also like the fact that a trailer was finally not about the four main characters who we literally see every volume

• drunkedhusky24

drunkedhusky24

#33739570 - 6 months ago

hi im drunkedhusky24 im new in rwby community. i was scrolling down the community and i saw this topic so why not share my wants

1:weiss getting revenge on her dad for that slap (seriously almost everyone wants that)

2:more coco and velvet screentime

3:raven with ruby and yangs dad

4:i want to see where our ice cream girl went after torchwicks fall

5:see the frozen Grimm on beacon

6:see whos having the fall Maiden Powers and the identity of the other maidens

7:more drunked qrow funny scenes

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33739580 - 6 months ago

In reply to drunkedhusky24

Well for Velvet and Coco your going to have to wait to see them on screen again. Good news there is an official novel about CFVY coming out next year.

• HokutoYangSoup

HokutoYangSoup

#33752511 - 2 months ago

Now the volume 6 has ended. What do you honestly think?

• Thrythlind

Thrythlind FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33752517 - 2 months ago

I quite loved it.

A lot of my predictions did turn out to be correct.

The volume was mostly about the trip to Atlas similar to volume 4 being the road to Haven.

Yang did have a conflict with Adam.

She did end up applying her father's advice about the weaknesses of her own semblance against Adam's similar one.

There was quite a bit of discussion about the silver eyes.

Cinder is alive, as expected.

I didn't expect was the intense lore dump about Ozpin and Salem and, well, that story shows the gods as assholes and it's a bit....weak....though the question that spawned it was "What is Ozpin keeping from us?" or something similar...not "what is the true story of Ozpin and Salem?"

I expected some lore dump but not quite that much.

I also expected this volume to be much more Weiss-centric since she got a lot of set-up through volume 4 and 5 but not much resolution of any of her main narrative points.

I knew that Yang and Blake had major narrative points resolved in volume 4 and 5 but didn't think Adam's lingering narrative thread was something that could be held off too much longer, so there was that.

But I had misread most of Ruby's scenes in series 4 and 5...I figured with her having just gotten a major narrative hinge in volume 3 that she would be backseated for a bit and that seemed to be true with much more focus on JNR in her bits. I read her characterizations as more showing the results of the end of volume 3 on her character and did not consider that they would also serve as set-up for more development in volume 6.

So I went into this thinking Weiss would be center-stage and that Ruby would be second-billing as a set-up for later development. But the way Ruby's development her slipped so naturally in surprised me and I realize now that it would have to be this way.

Volume 7 is going to be in Atlas, so Weiss's major narrative resolutions are going to happen there. As such, Volume 6 is a bad place to get too Weiss-centric because you end up doing a narrative treadmill without having the resources to reach anywhere (namely her family at hand).

That left Volume 6 ripe for being Ruby centric and for wrapping up the Adam thread. Leaving me only predicting one of those two things correctly.

As a further note, I tend to think in terms of ensemble casts rather than main characters. Something that I realized when my saying "I didn't realize it would be such a Ruby-centric volume." got a response from a friend of "Well, she's the main character." Because I tend not to think that way. I tend to think more in line of the Knights of the Round Table or Robin Hood and his Merry Men or Jason and the Argonauts where even though there was a central leader the central character of each story was often someone other than that leader.

So that does reveal a blindspot I have for future predictions.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33752536 - 2 months ago

In reply to Thrythlind

I suspect that Jin gave the bigger backstory to be more helpful. The hint in regards to SE for example will probably become more significant. As might be that the Faunus weren't there the first time around. Other details may become important as well.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33752575 - 2 months ago

Well, a few things on my list came true.

We saw Ozpin and Salems history. We learned more about the gods. We met one member of Jaunes family. One Black Sun moment. And it seems, Jaune Ren and Nora are here to stay

• Whiterosepetal

Whiterosepetal

#33752810 - 2 months ago

overall, I give the season my mark of approval. First 2/3rd were amazing, last this was meh. Good season overall