Forums > RWBY

Long Theory (Salem, Maidens, Pyrrha, Relics)

Posts (2)

• xJuh

xJuh

#33700509 - 4 months ago

Hey guys, after watching the end of Volume 5 I began thinking and started creating a few theories. It might be long, but please stay with me and let me know what you think (: Contains spoilers, obviously.

I believe it wasn't stated or revealed before this volume, but it appears that the Maidens are the key to the Relics. This would explain why Qrow was sent to find/protect the Fall Maiden in the early volumes, and why the Spring Maiden was so important to both Raven and Qrow. 

Now, we also know that Salem is after the Relics, which would mean she needs the Maidens. 

First of all, if Cinder is now the Fall Maiden, doesn't that mean she needs to be at Beacon in order to open the gate/portal? Last time we heard, Salem's team had yet found the Relic, which would mean that Cinder needs to be there to open the portal when they do, but she obviously hasn't been there because as we've seen, she'd been through training with Salem and then searched for Raven/the Spring Maiden. Of course, the natural thought would be that she doesn't have to be at Beacon until the Grimm have found the portal, but this is where I'll point out something that I noticed: When Pyrrha died, she turned into a golden hugh and then disintegrated. We saw Vernal's death this season, but when she died her body stayed in tact. I've read a theory somewhere that Cinder has the ability to teleport, which fits this theory: Pyrrha was transported to where Salem is, and, while dead, she's at Beacon searching for the Relic. Now, I say she's dead because Cinder has the Fall Maiden powers now, which only occurs when the previous Maiden dies. But what if she wasn't really dead dead, but like in a similar state as Salem?

Many theories have stated that Salem is the Winter Maiden because of the similarity she bears to the original one. I would have to agree that she is the original Winter Maiden, because how else would she have known about Oz, the Relics, and even have the power to control Grimm? Now, while I do think she is the original Maiden, I don't think she still has the powers. Salem's appearance is clearly not human, and her ability to control Grimm doesn't seem like something anybody can do (otherwise there wouldn't be a problem with Grimm) so what if she's no longer alive/human? Remember in Volume 4 Chapter 1 when team RNJR was fighting a rock-looking Grimm that could use trees as a form of shell? And then, at the end, it turned out to be a Grimm possessing the rock? What if that's the case with Salem, and now Pyrrha, where she is now possessed (or has the soul of a Grimm in her)? 

According to this theory, where a Maiden doesn't really need to have the power to open the portal, that would also mean that Salem could already have access to another relic (the one that's associated with the Winter Maiden). 

Now that we know that we need the Maidens in order to obtain the relic, why doesn't Salem just go and find all the Maidens (with the help of the Grimm as it's been shown that they're currently searching through Beacon for the relic) to get their power and then open the portal? We saw in this Volume Cinder's desire for the Maidens' power, which is why she attacked Vernal and also tried absorbing Raven's power. While we as viewers don't know if it's possible/what will happen, what if it's not really possible? What if fully having two Maiden's power may result in some big consequences (maybe even death?), which is why Salem doesn't hunt them down, and Salem just isn't telling Cinder because she doesn't care anymore. Salem doesn't really need Cinder anymore if she has Pyrrha.

Anyways, that's all I really have for now. Thanks for reading :-) If someone has already stated something I mentioned, I don't mean to steal ideas, it was not intentional! Let me know what you guys think!

• Velrak

Velrak

#33723625 - 3 weeks ago

And 3 months later... I hope you are still around !

Yes, the four maidens are the keys to the four relics. They are the only ones able to open the places where the relics are kept but one maiden can only access one relic :  

Spring / Knowledge              Summer /Destruction             Fall / Choice               Winter / Creation

Now to discuss your points :

1) Why Cinder is not at Beacon ?

- You said it, the relic of Choice has yet to be discovered so Salem has no reason to have Cinder at Beacon (and it is all the more relevant if Cinder can ideed teleport but it hasn't been confirmed)

- Salem needed Cinder's presence in the negotiations with Raven because she is technically the only one able to stand against the Spring maiden if needed.

2) Pyrrha's death

- Pyrrha had not a regular death contrary to Vernal, I'm glad you pointed that out because I noticed it too and I really think this is significant (I will developp later).

- There is a growing theory that Pyrrha could come back as a Grimm. It crosses what you said : Pyrrha's body controlled by some sort of Grimm. I also believe in this possibility.

Now here is my full theory about Pyrrha : when she "died", a flash of light escaped from her body just after Cinder laid her hand on Pyrrha's head. Then, Pyrrha's body disintegrated. I believe the flash to be the teleportation by Cinder of Pyrrha's body to Salem. What disintegrated was not really Pyrrha's body but a sort of empty remaining enveloppe. This is my explanation to the fact that Pyrrha's death was special and not regular like Vernal's. So I believe Salem possesses everything needed to create a Grimm-Pyrrha (Grimms lack a soul, you just need a body). Concerning Pyrrha's soul, I have three options : either her soul was also teleported to Salem and maybe Salem can actually create a Grimm with a soul (if not, let's just say Salem has at least Pyrrha's soul trapped somewhere under her control) or it went in sort of Remnant's heaven like for anyone who died (Ozpin may have gone there temporaly before reincarnating) or finally, it went into Jaune's soul ! This last one has my preference but at the end it doesn't matter. Here is why : I believe that Pyrrha previously transfered a part of her soul into Jaune's when she unlocked his aura in V1/Chap6 (how she did it remains a mystery, there is room for speculation). She could have done it unintentionally, my point is that currently, Jaune has at least a part of Pyrrha's soul within his own soul without knowing it BUT as he recently unlocked his semblance which is all about aura, he might discover it at some point when exploring his new potential because aura is linked to the soul. Jaune could discover more about himself and... even Pyrrha herself :) So it would be coherent to assume that the rest of Pyrrha's soul went into Jaune when she died but even if it is not the case, there is still a chance for Jaune to bring back Pyrrha to life ! Here is how (and this will conclude my theory) : what about Jaune being faced at some point with Grimm-Pyrrha ? And what about him transfering what he possesses of Pyrrha's soul into this Grimm-Pyrrha so that the Grimm part is destroyed or forced to escape thus allowing Pyrrha to resurrect ? :)

Also since this is all speculations, how do you interpret Pyrrha's words in V4/Chap2 in the famous recording scene : "Jaune, I just want you to know that I'm happy to be a part of your life" and "I will always be here for you Jaune" ? :) Wouldn't that be some amazing foreshadowing ?

3) Salem is the Winter maiden

I can't prove this can't be true... But I don't believe in it. This would be too much of a danger, Ozpin would have made everything he could from the beginning to secure the relic of Creation. Now we don't know if Salem already has any relic. Maybe she already just lacks the relics of Choice and Knowledge... :( Actually, it makes sense that Salem would have at least the relic of Creation already as she is... creating Grimms at will ! (okay, nothing has been said about Salem but according to the opening of V4 and simply how Salem looks, this is very very likely).

And why Salem doesn't chase the maidens herself if she is already a maiden ? Well she has to handle many other things I guess so she chose someone to do it for her. Or maybe she just can't go after a maiden ! Maybe she can't even leave her base haha. Anyway, I disagree with you about the idea that Salem doesn't care (regardless of she has Pyrrha or not) : why the hell would she send Cinder after the Fall and the Spring maidens if she knows that a single person can't have more than one maiden's power ? She can't afford to lose the two correlated relics. I bet Salem only cares about the relics ; she doesn't care of having the four maidens' powers if she has the four relics. I would like to see things going this way ; Salem becoming an almighty villain and facing team RWBY whose members have become the four maidens by the time :) (another theory that I have, if there is one that I would like to become reality, this would be it !)