Forums > RWBY

Who think we should get a new rwby game

Posts (11)

• victorian_fire

victorian_fire

#33706462 - 9 months ago

am I the only one that wants a new rwby game because some crazy things have happened in the recent seasons and I kinda want a new game. If we do get one I kinda want story mode to be its own thing PvP kinda sounds cool (but don't make it pay to win please) keep horde mode but I want a competitive mode that'd be pretty cool what do you guys think

• GambolMuse

GambolMuse FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33706480 - 9 months ago

I think another game would be a neat way to shed some light on the teams we've not seen anything of since volume 3. So maybe some almost episodic entries on like... CFVY, the rest of SSSN, ABRN, teams like those. Just more stuff to flesh out some side characters would be neat!

• notvai4

notvai4

#33706549 - 9 months ago

I don't know how well RWBY lends itself to a satisfying video game, at least what I'd consider satisfying. 

Story-wise, I'd most likely want to play out the events of the show, but there's really no place in the show that is a good leaving off point. All of the volumes end on not a whole lot more than the immediate problem being resolved (or not even that in the case of Volume 3).

There also haven't been enough big singular battles that would make good enough bosses. You have what? The Nevermore + Death Stalker, Roman in the mech, like nothing else until the Vytal Tournament, then the Geist, maaaaybe Tyrian, the Nuckelavee, and then nothing again until the battle of Haven. Everything else is just fighting regular tiny Grimm, mooks, or extremely minor scuffles. That could maybe be fixed by extending the story in some of the time gaps (which there are pleanty of), but they won't have much impact.

As for the kind of game, it'd have to be action. Turn-based doesn't have the style the show wants, and a fighter wouldn't capture the team aspect very well, nor would it be good for bigger grim and crazy semblance fights.

Outside of the combat, I guess some kind of rpg would be my preference. Just runnin' around a hub world, I guess. If they wanted to focus on the day to day in the school (I'm all for fleshing out the school more, or anything of the world really), something like Persona would be good (Totes not for the dating sim, not at all, no sir). An MMO or some other kinda create-a-character format would also be pretty sweet, as long as there's good variety in stuff, though that could get complicated with getting a team and names and stuff.

Again though, the big thing is finding a format for the story that isn't an irrelevant side story and somehow works with how RWBY's story has no good pauses to end a game at. Unless of course they opted not to go all out for the game, but that's less fun to imagine.

• victorian_fire

victorian_fire

#33706609 - 9 months ago

In reply to notvai4 ig you kinda do have a point tbh I didn't really think of a place to stop I just though hey maybe they know what they're doing I'll leave it up to them to decide but as well I think a custome character would be cool I had that idea when initially posted this but ig I forgot about putting it in there somewhere hehe but you do have a point with the whole story problem

• AbsoluteStrength

AbsoluteStrength

#33737891 - 2 months ago

Maybe we could add in an alternate story that could, in a way, bring those events together and also be able to change those events for better or worse. I agree with the customization of your characters, but I also believe that main character customization should be accessible as well. Like, for instance, have you ever wondered how Blake would look in Adam Taurus's outfit? Plus, I believe that someone could produce so much negativity as a semblance that he actually creates major Grimm like the Nuckelavee or the giant Geist or the Manticore. Perhaps, even a new Grimm not seen in Volumes 1-6. I haven't worked out the name yet, but it's a black lion the size of a mansion with a white skull as its mask and a dark mist of shadows as its mane. And I'm not suggesting they date the main characters, but they'll engage in a relationship depending on what side of the story you'll be fighting for. And that relationship could be the benefactor for the characters, leading to new combos and different synergy-like attacks. Also, I believe that they should be able to create their own team and select a name that would benefit the Team Name code. As for semblances, I played a game called "X-Men Destiny", which was surprisingly good in my opinion. Anyway, that helped me come up with the idea for your character to select a semblance in the middle of the crisis, such as the Fall of Beacon. This is where the story would begin, in fact. And that same Huntsman will notice a strange figure summoning all the Grimm towards your way before you encounter Cinder and Pyrrha before you are forced to choose what side to take. After said choice is made, you can either fight alongside Cinder and continue the story like normal, or fight with Pyrrha and let the pair Arkos (Jaune x Pyrrha) live on. As to what semblance to use after selection and during that, I haven't quite worked it out yet, but I think Rooster Teeth should make a RWBY game like that in my opinion. Though, I may not notice immediate flaws in this, so please let me know if my proposal about this is good or bad, and I will be free to take notes. Also, I'm kinda new to the forum, hence the no picture thing. I haven't worked it out yet.

• AbsoluteStrength

AbsoluteStrength

#33737924 - 2 months ago

In reply to victorian_fire

Maybe we could add in an alternate story that could, in a way, bring those events together and also be able to change those events for better or worse. I agree with the customization of your characters, but I also believe that main character customization should be accessible as well. Like, for instance, have you ever wondered how Blake would look in Adam Taurus's outfit? Plus, I believe that someone could produce so much negativity as a semblance that he actually creates major Grimm like the Nuckelavee or the giant Geist or the Manticore. Perhaps, even a new Grimm not seen in Volumes 1-6. I haven't worked out the name yet, but it's a black lion the size of a mansion with a white skull as its mask and a dark mist of shadows as its mane. And I'm not suggesting they date the main characters, but they'll engage in a relationship depending on what side of the story you'll be fighting for. And that relationship could be the benefactor for the characters, leading to new combos and different synergy-like attacks. Also, I believe that they should be able to create their own team and select a name that would benefit the Team Name code. As for semblances, I played a game called "X-Men Destiny", which was surprisingly good in my opinion. Anyway, that helped me come up with the idea for your character to select a semblance in the middle of the crisis, such as the Fall of Beacon. This is where the story would begin, in fact. And that same Huntsman will notice a strange figure summoning all the Grimm towards your way before you encounter Cinder and Pyrrha before you are forced to choose what side to take. After said choice is made, you can either fight alongside Cinder and continue the story like normal, or fight with Pyrrha and let the pair Arkos (Jaune x Pyrrha) live on. As to what semblance to use after selection and during that, I haven't quite worked it out yet, but I think Rooster Teeth should make a RWBY game like that in my opinion. Though, I may not notice immediate flaws in this, so please let me know if my proposal about this is good or bad, and I will be free to take notes. Also, I'm kinda new to the forum, hence the no picture thing. I haven't worked it out yet.

• The-Batman-Who-Laughs

The-Batman-Who-Laughs

#33738747 - 2 months ago

I was thinking a game in between Vol 3 and Vol 4 possibly? Like Star Wars Shadows of the Empire?

One that tells what happened between then? 

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33738806 - 1 month ago

Think of it this way: you all know that my view of RWBY has gone quite negative.  However....with a complete rewrite of the story....

Tales of RWBY.  The battle system used in the Tales franchise is the best you'll see for an RPG that will bring the fast, stylistic fighting style of RWBY....and let's be honest, you REALLY want to see RWBY character drawn in this style, by Kosuke Fujishima:

51oz%2BZ4bfnL.jpg
    oh-my-goddess-volume-27.jpg

29a7f44af418bdebc0ccdf7f9b745b11.jpg

010041ad9349034c4e8a4d8561b10d73.jpg

ea7afc224257c7a359ac425387536133.jpg

As shown, Kosuke Fujishima is the lead character designer for almost all of the games in the Tales franchise (Symphonia, Abyss, and Vesperia shown here), as well as the creator and character designer of Ah My Goddess and Sakura Wars.  He's also got a love of cute mechanic ladies, so a group of women that might have made their own weapons is right up his alley.  

• GhostBear117

GhostBear117 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33739319 - 1 month ago

I remember reading from another post and I thought it was a great funny idea. To have a RWBY Mario kart game. If you ever seen the latest RWBY Chibi poster it just make total sense. I mean I get it wouldn't be the most hardcore game, but at the same how many wacky racing games are out there these days?

• bigbabybowser

bigbabybowser

#33740826 - 1 month ago

I would love a j-rpg style game. I think that the developed characters and inter-personal relationships lends itself well to team building, semblance magic and limit breaks styles. The color coding of characters also just screams J-RPG. You could even make it RWBY Chibi style - fighting grim and doing homework to save the day!

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33740837 - 1 month ago

In reply to bigbabybowser

Again, the Tales series of JRPGs would be a good foundation for a RWBY game.