Posts (4)

• shadowfire0722

shadowfire0722

#33717026 - 5 months ago

>http://snowembrace.tumblr.com/post/155360290685/light-and-dark <>

I thought of something last light.
    Sun creates light
    Black is a dark color
    Is Sun Wukong a symbol of light that Blake, possibly being a symbol of dark is trying to cover?
    In Menagerie, Punishment, and A Much Needed Talk, Blake is either telling Sun to stop or talking to her parents about being disorderly before.
    It makes me think that Sun is trying to tell her something as the “light“, but Blake is covering it up or ignoring it as the “dark“.
    Thoughts?

Okay, I’ve talk about this with some friends so hear me out:

SUN IS ‘BEAUTY’ + ‘YANG’

tumblr_inline_oj82s3eYCW1tbmjie_500.png

BLAKE IS ‘BEAST’ + ‘YIN’

‘Cause Y’know,

“BLACK THE BEAST DESCENDS FROM SHADOWS”

THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE TWO IS A REFERENCE TO THE ‘YIN AND YANG’ CONCEPT.

tumblr_inline_oj82xsjsi21tbmjie_500.jpg

SO BLAKE WAS NEVER ‘BEAUTY’ TO BEGIN WITH.

IN FACT, THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN BLAKE AND ADAM IS AN ALLUSION TO HOW THE PRINCE WAS IN LOVE WITH HIMSELF.

*coughs* I am done.

(sun is the masculine to blakes feminine

http://snowembrace.tumblr.com/post/159563943570<>

Light + Dark:
    ###pMonty has stated that every character’s name means or refers to a colour.
    Semblances:
    Blake has shadow clones. Sun has light clones. From what I can understand is that (because a Semblance is a physical representation of who you are) it may be easier to understand or connect with those of a similar Semblance to your own stronger than with someone who might have a completely different Semblance. Perhaps it’s one of the reasons why Blake and Sun felt so drawn to one another upon first meeting. Why Blake was so open to Sun about being a terrorist while Sun continued to stay by her side despite this horrific information. They had a natural gravitation towards the other.
    ‘Like Morning Follows Night’:
    This song pretty much confirms this theory that Blake and Sun (within their own relationship) are the Yin to the other’s Yang. Blake is stern, laid-back and realistic, while Sun is cheerful, positive but initiative. Blake runs away from her problems while Sun chases after her and encourages her to confront them- a very clear representation of how they use their Semblances. 4.5 shows how their opposing views on Menagerie clash but are both able to reach a compromise: Menagerie may have been founded on injustice and inequality, but people were still able to build lives and communities. Blake becomes a lot more open-minded and accepting of her homeland whereas Sun becomes more aware of the realism behind the foundation of Menagerie.

• GammaEmerald

GammaEmerald

#33718055 - 5 months ago

this is an interesting interpretation of things, well put together

• graysonyumi

graysonyumi FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33719367 - 5 months ago

In reply to shadowfire0722 this make more sense then anything else ive seen of beauty and the beast

• notvai4

notvai4

#33719397 - 5 months ago

Pretty cool, well done. I honestly hadn't ever thought about how their semblances compare, even though it should be pretty obvious, lol. Shame about those downvotes, but I'm sure we can guess what kind of people they came from.