Forums > RWBY

Original Grimm ideas + general Grimm discussion

Posts (66)

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33725317 - 1 week ago

How do you folks feel about bat Grimm?

• The-Batman-Who-Laughs

The-Batman-Who-Laughs

#33725941 - 1 week ago

I think someone had that idea somewhere else on the forums. They were 

the bombers to the Nevermore's jet fighters. The idea was that would either

shoot black globs that spawned Grimm, or drop rocks from above. 

It was a while ago, so I'm not sure.

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33725990 - 1 week ago

In reply to The-Batman-Who-Laughs

Hm. I think bat grimm would work better as being sensor types and having a wide AOE sonic attack.

• competivekid

competivekid

#33726021 - 1 week ago

A hydra Grimm?

• TheGuyFromTheInternet

TheGuyFromTheInternet

#33726062 - 1 week ago

In reply to competivekid

Everyone in its vicinity will be mind controlled and worship it. HAIL HYDRA!

• The-Batman-Who-Laughs

The-Batman-Who-Laughs

#33726142 - 6 days ago

In reply to TheGuyFromTheInternet

Captain America: Hail Hydra.

Batman: I killed my parents.

Spider-Man:  £&@& responsibility.

Ruby: Cookies for life.

• competivekid

competivekid

#33726162 - 6 days ago

In reply to TheGuyFromTheInternet not that hydra, the many headed Greek/Roman Hydra of Lerna that had poisonous breath and blood so virulent that even its scent was deadly.

• TheGuyFromTheInternet

TheGuyFromTheInternet

#33726198 - 6 days ago

In reply to competivekid

I know. Lol. Just messin.

How does this Grimm Hydra differ from the traditional Hydra?

• AenarTenthSkraeling

#33726218 - 5 days ago

In reply to competivekid

A hydra Grimm?

That would make for a badass Boss Grimm. 

In reply to TheGuyFromTheInternet

In reply to competivekid I know. Lol. Just messin. How does this Grimm Hydra differ from the traditional Hydra?

It wouldn't really need to. Spawning more heads when they get cut off and spewing uber poison makes for a plenty badass boss grimm. Just give it a weak spot that can kill it or a weakness to Fire that can be exploited.

https://jtthomas92.deviantart.com/art/RWBY-Hidora-554831485

Not sure if I really like that Hydra design or really hate it. :/

• Jwebb1115

Jwebb1115 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33726307 - 5 days ago

what we really need is a Goliath boss fight. Also shark Grimm?

• AenarTenthSkraeling

#33726464 - 4 days ago

In reply to Jwebb1115

For a Goliath I want it to have a long-range sonic attack by blowing from its snout. It could be regulated to be a tight sonic lance to strike at distant targets or a wide AOE short ranged effect that can deflect missiles, artillery shells and bombs. It would give a justification besides their durability for why Atlas hasn't just sent some cruisers to laser them to death already.

Also for fights against land based targets like Huntsmen they could have a suction based attack like the Tapir summon from Naruto:

4297466895_9101c5804e.jpg

I really like the detail of it blowing the air and debris out again through its nose so that it can keep sucking indefinitely. And yes that awful double entendre was deliberate but unavoidable. barbara

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33726468 - 4 days ago

In reply to AenarTenthSkraeling How can one blow and succ at the same time

• Red_Fields

Red_Fields

#33726501 - 3 days ago

What if there was a grimm bacteria? They would convert humans into grimm or at least seriously injure people that are infected?

• TheGuyFromTheInternet

TheGuyFromTheInternet

#33726505 - 3 days ago

In reply to AenarTenthSkraeling

I had always imagined Goliaths having ground base attacks like making the earth shake in one stomp or control the earth under its enemies. A power fitting for Grimm with intelligence for strategy.

In reply to Red_Fields

I'm not sure about bacterial grimm but I think a parasitic grimm would be as deadly and added that it is visible to the naked eye. Real parasites that get pulled out of people already scares the crap of me already.

• AenarTenthSkraeling

#33726508 - 3 days ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

They don't. Blowing is one type of attack (that can further be modified into long range precision or short range AOE) while sucking is a different type. Or were you talking about the waste-disposal? Basically think of it like a vacuum cleaner, it sucks in air in one end (the mouth) and blows it out from the other end (the snout). For actual animals it likely wouldn't make sense but the Tapir is a chakra-magic ninja animal while the Goliaths are dark-magic soulless demons that have in other species demonstrated the ability to roll up into a ball and charge forward as a wheel of doom, and to turn feathers into a hail of deadly projectiles.

https://youtu.be/zSQdCjGmNhQ

If you skip to 12:32 you can see the Baku in action, which is what I based the idea on.