Forums > RWBY

RWBY volume 6 soundtrack discussion

Posts (20)

• JustJaune

JustJaune FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33725791 - 6 months ago

It's a matter of months before we get anything new, but I'm going to jump the gun and create this topic area so that it already exists.

• rwbyrobinson

rwbyrobinson

#33725815 - 6 months ago

i already did kind sir 

• TristanJoestar

TristanJoestar

#33725826 - 6 months ago

Ah, the waiting game begins anew. For anyone joining now or in the future, I come to predict that the Volume 6 OST will be released about 11 to 16 weeks after the finale of this volume. If I am correct in this prediction, hello, I am an apparent psychic.

• Davidlovescookies

Davidlovescookies

#33742451 - 1 month ago

We've only just got the opening and i thought things couldn't get better past vol 5. i thought they peaked. ...It's going to be a long ass wait until June.

• Davidlovescookies

Davidlovescookies

#33742452 - 1 month ago

good to see y'all again tho

• JustJaune

JustJaune FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33742600 - 1 month ago

This is all I'm going to talk about so unfollow me if you don't like it.

Top 10 RWBY songs:

RISING

anything else

• JustJaune

#33742601 - 1 month ago

In reply to Davidlovescookies Honestly, my favorite song for the longest time was Time to Say Goodbye and none of the openings ever really hit what I wanted when it came to beating it. THEN RISING HAPPENED AND I WAS LIKE "THEY DID IT! THEY FINALLY DID IT!" And also, Lionized is amazing and this is going to be such a long wait until June.

• Davidlovescookies

Davidlovescookies

#33742605 - 1 month ago

In reply to JustJaune hey maybe RT will give it to us early this year XD

• 298x289-.jpg-of-Weiss

298x289-.jpg-of-Weiss FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold -1 Flamebait

#33742678 - 1 month ago

I just want my metal, man

• JustJaune

#33743357 - 1 month ago

Songs from volume 6, thus far:

Rising

Lionized

Miracle

All, except Rising, are working titles and are possible to change in the future.

• Davidlovescookies

Davidlovescookies

#33745699 - 2 weeks ago

This is half RWBY related but is anyone else kinda curious about Casey's band? apparently they're recording and releasing a record sometime soon.

• tehepicdan

tehepicdan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33745738 - 2 weeks ago

Not only do we get Neo, but another kickass song. Or should I say a-neo-ther?

So can we start asking when they're gonna be releasing the soundtrack now? 

• JustJaune

#33745973 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Davidlovescookies Yes! I am! I'm very much looking forward to it. Not only that, but she agreed to check out and critique my lyric work sometime. 

On a RWBY note, the Neo song is "One Thing" and here are the lyrics:

Kill for kill
    Eye for eye
    Blood for blood
    It's time to die
    Retribution tastes so sweet

Gone's the life
    That he gave
    Now revenge is all I crave
    Retaliation's soon complete

I had one thing
    And you've taken it from me
    A single light
    A single friend
    But you made that end

There was one thing
    To help escape the misery
    And now it's all disarrayed
    You took my whole life away
    You sent me back to nothing
    Now you'll pay

• dpla

dpla FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33746464 - 1 week ago

Unrelated to the Vol.6 soundtrack, RT released yet another 7-inch single from Weiss's personal track (as with Ruby's, which got repressed).  I guess they won't be releasing full song albums as LPs if this is their current projection.

• JustJaune

#33746617 - 1 week ago

In reply to dpla THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME KNOW THAT! I wasn't able to catch Ruby's when it first came out. NOW I HAVE BOTH ON THE WAY! Next investment: record player.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33746642 - 1 week ago

In reply to dpla

[Insert obligatory "help I'm being repressed" joke here]

• dpla

dpla FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33746724 - 1 week ago

Here's the next question for the forum: what are gonna be the b-sides for the forthcoming Blake and Yang 7-inchers?

It seems obvious for the Yang EP to include "I Burn", but if the Yellow trailer song basically includes a portion of "I Burn", that might be redundant.  Maybe "Armed and Ready" would be a great substitute.  "Like Morning Follows Night" would be a fantastic B-side for Blake's EP.  It might be too much to add more Vol.4 songs into future EPs, but I have to call attention to alternatives because Weiss's B-side is "It's My Turn".  I didn't even know that was a Weiss song.

• JustJaune

#33746732 - 1 week ago

In reply to dpla Yep. Just like how All Our Days and Gold are Yang songs. To be honest, if I was picking a song for Weiss's it would've been either Mirror Mirror part 2 or This Life is Mine. Not to say It's My Turn is bad but I find those to be better.

• dpla

#33746755 - 1 week ago

I can see "Gold" having a better chance of being picked than "All Our Days"; those EPs have to hit those rock ballads (even though "Gold" is more of a dance-pop track).  

I agree about the other Weiss songs being better choices, but neither are what RoosterTeeth and/or Jeff Williams picked as the b-side.  So we have to expand our horizons.

• JustJaune

#33746806 - 1 week ago

Anyways. The current updated soundtrack list is:

Rising

Lionized

Miracle

One Thing

I'm excited to see what comes next! I hope we keep this up because all of these are really good.