Forums > RWBY

RWBY volume 6 soundtrack discussion

Posts (140)

• JustJaune

JustJaune

#33758462 - 3 days ago

Now, I'm not saying it can't come out early, in fact, I'm hoping it will. But it seems that the stars are aligning late for the soundtrack to be released the weekend of RTX. Why? Because they know that the soundtrack generates a large revenue, so what's the best way to get con-goers excited for the event? The release of the soundtrack. It just seems highly likely that the 5th of July will be the release date.

(I had a message that was worded a lot better than this one but the reCAPTCHA screwed me over and I had to retype what I could from memory.)

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33758464 - 3 days ago

In reply to JustJaune

If you forget the captcha just hit the back button as soon as the new page loads. I've retrieved some very lengthy comments that way.

• RwbyRob

RwbyRob

#33758532 - 2 days ago

just think y’all, RTX is only in 19 days, let that sink in..

• JustJaune

JustJaune

#33758533 - 2 days ago

In reply to RwbyRob Yikes. In the meantime, I'll just keep replaying the Beetlejuice musical soundtrack. This is straight fire, y'all. Also, I haven't seen any new listings and that one on amazon.co.uk has since been deleted. I'm pretty sure that was the v6 soundtrack but they weren't supposed to put a listing up yet. Thanks, Intern-kun!

• RwbyRob

RwbyRob

#33758538 - 2 days ago

In reply to JustJaune are you referring to the listing that said “Jeff Williams and Steve Goldshein” ?

• JustJaune

JustJaune

#33758550 - 2 days ago

In reply to RwbyRob That one exactly.

• RwbyRob

RwbyRob

#33758556 - 2 days ago

so it’s safe to assume the soundtrack is pretty much done at this point? Like the editing and mixing is pretty much complete and it’s just the contract thing with iTunes that’s need to be sorted?

• JustJaune

JustJaune

#33758571 - 2 days ago

In reply to RwbyRob It's safe to assume that it is finished, they're just holding it. We have a few more Fridays to hope for a release, so we can still get it before the DVD/Blu-ray release. Regardless, I'm still going to be preoccupied with the Beetlejuice soundtrack for a while, so I'll be fine until it comes out. I strongly recommend it if you like musicals.

• RwbyRob

RwbyRob

#33758585 - 2 days ago

i don’t honestly, but i do appreciate the kind recommendation

• JustJaune

JustJaune

#33758587 - 2 days ago

No pre-order. 3 more Thursdays until RTX starts.

• RwbyRob

RwbyRob

#33758609 - 1 day ago

I know music is always released on Friday, but the listing has a chance to come out on a Friday?

• JustJaune

JustJaune

#33758610 - 1 day ago

In reply to RwbyRob There's always that to hope for. I also hope for that, too.

• RwbyRob

RwbyRob

#33758634 - 1 day ago

well another Friday without anything, it was a long shot but still. only 18 days left till RTX anyway 

• JustJaune

JustJaune

#33758651 - 19 hours ago

In reply to RwbyRob We'll just have to hope that something will come in the last few Thursdays. But it definitely is looking like RTX is when it will come out. My theory seems to be more fact than fiction.

• RwbyRob

RwbyRob

#33758674 - 1 hour ago

A RWBYTuber named Unicorn of War said in a tweet to Casey: 

@caseylwilliams I know you're prob super busy, and idk which time zone in which you reside, buuuuut figured you'd enjoy the video even if you can't make it to the premiere. OKAY IMMA GO WALLOW IN ANXIETY YOU'RE AWESOME BTW. 

Casey replies: 

“Thank you so much @UnicornofWar I promise, you’ll get to hear Indomitable soon. We are working very hard to finish production on the album, and thankfully, we are getting closer and closer. Much love ☺️❤️“

So the soundtrack isn’t done yet oh wow, it takes longer than i thought.