Forums > RWBY

I think rwby is great, but I also think theres a lot of room for improvement

Posts (2)

• blazer312

blazer312 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33726796 - 2 months ago

So I know no one will probably see this, but ill put it out there just in case. I love rwby, and have probably re watched it at least 3 times. But I see genuine flaws. One of the biggest issues is that rooster teeth is rushing it out. The script for volume 5 wasn't even done when it started airing. That's really bad. I understand that people want more rwby content now now now, but its delayed gratification. If we give rooster teeth more time, we will get better products. Which leads into the fight scenes. I think the fights are alright, (Except Qrow and Tyrian, and Cinder and Raven that shit was lit) But there are certainly issues with the fight scenes, such as the writers having too much input. The writers can set a general outline, but let the animators do what they want, and it will lead to better results. The writers input has lead to issues with choreography and general clunkieness in the fights. And for the fandom, don't just spew hate. What does that accomplish? Answer:Worse quality, and stressed creators. So yeah, I hope someone sees this at the very least, cause I think it could make decent improvements. Or go watch unicorn of war. She has some really good videos on similar subjects on the show.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33731483 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to blazer312

Same general opinion here. I love RWBY so much but since V3, I feel like something is missing. V4 and the beginning of V5 were quite good in my opinion but it always felt like much more could happen or could be told. This is my biggest problem with Miles and Kerry ; they are talented writers in my opinion (I'm really surprised to see how many people think they're trash...) but they seem to purposely not tackle some topics or not go more into topics in depth with an attitude of "save this for later". And I can't tell if this is because they don't want to or because they don't have time for this (deadlines for episodes, restricted length for every episodes). Maybe it is both.

I was shocked to see how rushed the end of V5 was (Menagerie AND Haven). It really felt this way compared to the rest of the volume and I learnt later that the script was not even finished when it started to air... It explains why almost all the fandom didn't like the V5 finale.

But I'm sure it would have been a whole different story if more time had been given to the CRWBY. They had the resources but the schedule was too tight this time. As RWBY grows as a show, resources have to be adapted if a one year schedule is still expected (V5 was for me the first example where this balance time/resources was not on point).

This is why I was worried about V6 when I heard it was planned for 2018 fall ; one year schedule again ! I heard the animation section has been improved and how Miles made clear the CRWBY is aware of their mistakes (mainly in V5) and what they plan to correct. All good news but will it be enough regarding the schedule ? Miles said V6 has been the biggest rewrite for him and Kerry by far... It sounded to me they needed more time than usual but V6 is still expected this fall.

I really hope the CRWBY will pull of a heck of a volume ! V6 is a make or break volume for a lot of people and unfortunetaly it seems to me the schedule is too tight again... Time will tell.

Concerning the fight scenes, I'm confident we won't witness the kind of non sense we saw at Menagerie or Haven. Again I think they are talented enough on both writing and animation sides (Kim Newman to start with), just make sure everyone gets enough time.

And about the hate growing towards the writers, the actors etc... It is useless I agree but I think the CRWBY has become more and more impervious to it now. If a fan just spits her/his hate without any argumentation or basic politness, Miles (for example) has all the reasons to ignore this fan or call her/him out. Unfortunetaly, those reactions are too frequent and rarely they received real argumentation. But I'm confident the CRWBY is able to sort those things out.

I hope RTX 18 will provide updates regarding V6 !