Forums > RWBY

Volume 5 was the best Volume of RWBY

Posts (55)

• CPY98

CPY98 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33735001 - 3 months ago

I honestly don't get what people hated of RWBY Volume 5. It delivered everything that I, as a diehard RWBY fan, wanted to see. More world building, epic fight scenes, tense character moments, and an incredibly well written plot. Honestly, I feel like the volumes of RWBY have only gotten better the longer the show went on. Meaning, how i would rank them is

1. Volume 5

2. Volume 4

3. Volume 3

4. Volume 2

5. Volume 1

I'm really curious as to why people are hating on this volume? Is it just because Monty's gone, or is it because people have their nostalgia glasses glued to their eyes and refuse to give what's objectively better content a chance. Or is it just because FNDM has become incredibly toxic?

• HumanoidTypeGrimm

HumanoidTypeGrimm

#33735048 - 3 months ago

In reply to CPY98

I honestly don't get what people hated of RWBY Volume 5.
    ---

---
    Or is it just because FNDM has become incredibly toxic?
    ---

" " personally think the RWBY-Community has become FAR more salty, butthurt "and" toxic after Volium Three. ;-)

I mean - "look", my Friend!! Their " happy-go-lucky " World was taken from them!!

Their happy " joyful, fun-loving Teenagers slaying soul-less Monsters " -World, full of nice Music while they slaughtered Grimm into many, many Pieces,

was TAKEN FROM THEM !!! ( x'D ) and replaced with a " dark World " of Murder and Loss.

- Penny got destroyed,
    - Pyrrha died,
    - Amber died,
    - Roman died ( seriously what a shitty Volium to be a Redhead in, huh? )

and all those sunny, happy Days were gone forever. " HENCE, the Salt! "
    " BRING the Salt, Men!! We have BUTTHURT to rub it into ... ... "

No,

it isn't just " FNDM " ( Femdom? x'D ) which has become incredibly toxic,

is is TRULY a significant Part from the RWBY-Community as a whole.

When posting funny Comments, or Pictures, during Volium One, Two - and even Three,

the "Ratings" for the Comments were a shining Witness of Positivity,

since Volium Four and Five,

You can almost " FEEL the Butthurt " every now and then.

The Absence of positive Answer-Comments or Ratings of your own Comment,

" People " who prefer to give salty, toxic and hostile Votings to what others write here,

People who think they are suddenly to good or special to share some " Positivity " with others. Why being friendly and motivating with each other, when we can be salty and butthurt and shower others around us with lame Comments and Ratings? ;-)

There was a time when You could " scroll down " a WHOLE PAGE of Comments - and You find and see the Ratings:

- Lame

- Wtf

- Noob

Maybe One, to Two - to a maximum of Three Times.

"NOW" - You see this about EVERY SECOND COMMENT when "Negativity-Shit" hits the Fan ;-) x'D

The SECOND People read something they don't like a 100% from the start or over 50%,

they are EAGER to shower something with negative Ratings and sometimes, some salty Comments.

I am not kidding here ;-)

It is almost as if " the Darkness " that came with the End of Volium Three - has taken over many Hearts and Minds of the People in the Comment Section ... ... ... x'DDD ... ... ...

• CPY98

CPY98 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33735105 - 3 months ago

I agree with you on pretty much everything you just said. I just find it annoying that I can't post my praise for Volumes 4 and 5 on Twitter or Facebook without at least half of the people replying acting like i committed murder

In reply to HumanoidTypeGrimm

• Destroyah707

Destroyah707

#33735279 - 3 months ago

The reason it is so hated is because most of the scenes are exposition, the plot is non-existent, the characters do nothing, the fights were skipped away because of budget, annnnnnnd Raven and Adam were shit.

• Destroyah707

Destroyah707

#33735280 - 3 months ago

Not to mention all the sitting. The Adam Short certainly cleared my mind for right now, just hoping that Volume 6 doesn't cut away from the fights -Battle of Haven fight-. Can't forget that Ruby didn't do anything all volume, instead sitting down and talking to everyone. 

• Destroyah707

Destroyah707

#33735282 - 3 months ago

I think the only thing good in this season Was Weiss, Yang, and the Fight Below Haven(Raven vs Cinder)

Volume 4 wasn't that bad and didn't really deserve all the hate it got. I mean atleast the animators TRIED to animate the fights the only good one's being, Qrow vs Tyrian, Team RNJR vs Nuckelavve, and Tai vs Yang training session. Volume 5 didn't have a good fight besides like I said previously Raven vs Cinder, and Weiss vs Lancers.

But I won't blame you for your opinion, you can think all you want. I just found V5 dissatisfying and lackluster.

• GambolMuse

GambolMuse FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33735291 - 3 months ago

I'll respectfully disagree, though I'm biased. I liked 3 because of the massive tonal shift the show took, and the things it set up for the show in the future. I will agree that 4 and 5 weren't nearly as bad as so many people make them out to be. Sure, action wasn't what Monty had made it - I doubt we'll get that any time soon, though I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong. Some of the writing was... It needs work, but hey, writing is hard and I can't fault the guys for trying, certainly not when they've since owned up and acknowledged issues.

4 and 5 were amazing for their animation, music, and in certain points as stated before, their fighting. 6 seems to be promising based on the short, so here's to cautious optimism! 

• CPY98

#33735426 - 3 months ago

In reply to Destroyah707

It's fine that you think that, but I honestly thought that the Battle of Haven was one of Rooster Teeth's best fight scenes.

• jdude

jdude FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33735892 - 2 months ago

In reply to CPY98

Okay... what was good about it?

Raven v Cinder was the best fight of the last two Volumes, debatably, yes... but was ANYTHING else worth writing home about, or up to the standards set by previous seasons?

Jaune and Cinder, which only serves as prelude to the idiotic fakeout that no person with a brainstem could have possibly bought? The Silver Eyes scene is bursting with continuity errors, and a free Jaune gets off the floor, not to TACKLE Cinder or anything useful, but to scream "noooooo!" Not to mention Jaune's semblance thus far feels underwhelming after all the buildup, especially Tyrian's hint.

How about Ruby vs Cinde— OH RIGHT, THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN. She just gets left with Emerald and the lead and principal villain never even exchange words, despite Cinder's vengeance bender. Now that might NEVER happen if M&K are stupid enough to have killed Cinder.

Weiss and Vernal is one of the fights we see the most of, and the whole time Weiss is losing not because Vernal is skilled but because Weiss keeps doing stupid things.

Yang and Ruby vs Emerald and Mercury. One of the most egregious "pretend fights" as we don't see anything of the decisive parts. It's an off screen fight that seems to largely involve them all standing in place, and implies that somehow Ruby and Yang improved to past Team CVFY levels without justifying that leap.

Nora and Ren stare at a wall before challenging Hazel, who wasn't interested in fighting. Oscar likewise ignores Jaune dueling a MAIDEN and screws off to beat up Lionheart, who wasn't doing anything. Guess Ruby was the only one to care if he lives or dies.

Hazel's cool character is ruined by weak, stupid motivations for helping the world end. Qrow is totally useless and flounders the entire fight.

Adam shows up with eight faunus and is easily overwhelmed. Then Blake totally breaks character to do some stupid looking double axe handle thing to the back of his head. No real fight here either.

Everyone in the hall wins off screen, the villains just give up.

With the exception of Nora blasting Hazel out the door, the fight never moves beyond the entrance hall or uses the kind of verticality of the environment like RWBY is known to do. Back in V2-3 the characters could casually pratfall a dozen White Fang with a single swing or cleave through a crowd of Grimm. V4-5 reduces it all down to this human scale when the characters should seem tougher than ever. Haven should be on fire in several places and that hall should no longer have a roof at minimum with the powerhouses fighting inside.

The Battle of Haven was an awkward, terrible exercise in disappointment and sloppiness. It took the Volume's worst qualities and amplified them, and ruined developments we wanted since Volume 3 at least.

Volume 5, without any doubt in my mind is the WORST RWBY has ever been, and if they havent made huge, real changes to fix it then nobody with any standards will stick with it.

• CPY98

#33736032 - 2 months ago

In reply to jdude

Okay... what was good about it?

The Battle of Haven, Jaune's Semblance, the character development we got throughout the course of the volume, Raven vs Cinder, the voice acting, the storytelling, the animation, and the fight choreography was at its peak in this volume.

Raven v Cinder was the best fight of the last two Volumes, debatably, yes... but was ANYTHING else worth writing home about, or up to the standards set by previous seasons?

Yes. Everything else was worth writing home about. My friends and I, who have been RWBY fans since Volume 2 at the latest, would talk for at least an hour about all the brilliant choices that the writers made, how all the fight scenes lived up to the hype, as well as speculating where the story would go next, and how they would manage to top this masterpiece of a volume.

• jdude

jdude FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33736051 - 2 months ago

In reply to CPY98

"The Battle of Haven"

...Which I just explained was an awkward, poorly handled mess that struggled to form the most token notion of sense.

"Jaune's Semblance"

The ability to 'amplify another's aura,' thus relegating him eternally to a support role instead of ever coming into his own. It's better than the healing semblance we all THOUGHT he was going to have, especially with how blatantly telegraphed and cliche it was with the Weiss fakeout, but what about aura amplification would have brought the intrigue Tyrian showed for him? The show spent five volumes telling us he was this grand late bloomer only to ensure he stays at the back of the bus forever. I'd say this was Miles in this idiosyncratic equivocation he has with the character HE voices, except while he's humbling himself before the other cast members... that same character is upstaging Ruby freaking Rose who literally does nothing the entire season.

"the character development we got throughout the course of the volume"

By that I'm assuming you mean Weiss, Blake, Yang, Jaune and Ilia, the latter of the two which had serious issues.

Because apart from that, everything surrounding them basically got shafted. Ruby Rose didn't GET developed, she got SHIPPED with Oscar. Every single moment she had that could have been her own involved him. While her finally acknowledging what happened at Beacon is nice, and I appreciated the mature tone Lindsay has taken to convey this sort of "new," wiser side to Ruby herself, I can't pretend we weren't totally robbed at the Battle of Haven. I don't think Jaune's freakout at Cinder was inappropriate, and was actually one of the more memorable moments of the series... but like I said before, Ruby and Cinder then never exchange words, when Cinder herself has basically marked her for death and thereby as her main rival. The most token conversation between the two of them would have done a lot to improve things in a general sense, and now there's the real danger that it might never happen at all.

A strong part of me believes the reason Ruby HASN'T seen much of any development, asked any questions, had any real agency over her situation... is because everything involving her past, her mother and her personal demons has been designated as endgame material by M&K, who are stalling until they can finally reveal things they've been hiding from the start.

Oscar himself has been this lame half-character who has gotten these moments of development, but as with WHAT drove him to actually go to Mistral as Ozpin said, we never SEE what spurs him to go from being afraid to fight to "putting others before himself." I don't hate him personally, but it's impossible to FEEL anything in regard to him when the core of his development happened off-screen.

Raven seems to make some breakthroughs with Yang, which was one of the better handled moments at the end of the Volume... but this is after they completely gloss over important details. Namely, WHY Raven left their family in the first place. Yang asks this directly and Raven effectively ignores the question and there isn't even this significant shot of her looking conflicted or averting her eyes for a second to make the audience feel she's being deliberately evasive. Instead it feels like the answer had BEEN there before but gotten edited out of the final scene.

As I said with Cinder, her whole goal has been to murder Ruby for what she did to her, and finding out more about WHAT happened on Beacon Tower was one of the things I wanted most from this Volume, but that never actually happened. Cinder gets sidetracked, and instead of being vengeful, cold and interesting like Volume 4 implied when she couldn't speak, she goes right back to being smug and loses everything that made her interesting. She had this one moment to be awesome with the real, canonized threat of her becoming a DOUBLE MAIDEN, prompting a reunited Team RWBY to work in sync once more to drive her off, but now everything is up in the air. The writers might actually be dumb enough to decide Cinder is old news and that they need to move on, and if that happens then this series is officially dead to me.

Hazel starts the Volume off really interesting by showing he values human life, but became a roiding berserker, working for pure evil and killing the world because his sister was killed accidentally. He's a walking contradiction and a hypocrite and thus became utterly uninteresting, and was one of the most critical failures of the volume.

"the storytelling" 

Yes, if anything truly defined the complete mess that was Volume 5, it was the clumsily handled storytelling, in which nothing happens until SOMETHING happens, and most of what happens is idiotic and extremely unsatisfying. I feel like you're taking the fact that Volume 5 was necessarily supposed to reunite the team, host the forewarned attack on Haven, and end with the leads winning and showing they've bounced back from the Fall of Beacon... as an appraisal of how EFFECTIVELY it tries to do all those things. It's not about whether those things ultimately happened, but whether it was done WELL. And I can't tell you that with a straight face. Yang was the only one whose arc in the volume ended on a satisfactory note. Everything else felt like a half-measure. Lip service. A technicality.

"fight choreography was at its peak in this volume."

In one regard you're correct... the few moments they decided to animate action, the animation itself was of better quality than say, the awkward motion we saw in Volume 4. But as I mentioned, RWBY's combat hasn't been given the ability to be what it was before. Ilia vs Blake and Raven vs Cinder were the only fights to really feel like RWBY, because those fights made ample use of the environment and the verticality of the battlefield.

Of the Battle of Haven's many sins, I think the worst is just what a boring, unimaginative arena they chose to cram it into. The characters are forced onto a flat floor devoid of any cover objects, any features or landmarks. Nothing they can swing off of, nothing they can weaponize against their opponent or use to gain a height advantage. They might as well be fighting in a big empty gymnasium. And like I mentioned, the kinetic, superhuman nature of their fights is so tone downed from V1-3 that it's ridiculous. It's impossible to get a handle on how much better any of them are at fighting, aside from stupid things like Ruby headbutting Mercury, as the worst example of a character arc I have ever seen.

"Yes. Everything else was worth writing home about. My friends and I, who have been RWBY fans since Volume 2 at the latest, would talk for at least an hour about all the brilliant choices that the writers made, how all the fight scenes lived up to the hype, as well as speculating where the story would go next, and how they would manage to top this masterpiece of a volume."

You either know nothing about storytelling, or your standards are so lax you would have accepted anything without question.

RWBY peaked in Volume 3, 4 was flawed but fine, but 5 has left Monty spinning in his grave. Nobody wanted a return to form in this Volume more than I, and nobody is desperately hoping for Volume 6 to salvage what's left of this series more than I.

But as I watched Volume 5 drag on, I couldn't ignore its failings and mounting issues of focus, pacing, worldbuilding and how blatantly a series about FIGHTING has gone to excessive lengths to avoid showing it, even at the expense of character moments ripe for exploration. All squandered. Moments we can never have, or never take back because the opportunity came and went and got left on the table.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33736060 - 2 months ago

In reply to jdude

This is what happens when you interact with fans that more resemble religious zealots, jdude.  Are you honestly surprised that they continue to ignore the many major flaws that this shows has now revealed to not just have, but have from the start?  Especially notable was the ret-con of how Aura works, for the sole accommodation of the scene of Vernal being back-stabbed.  Even rules for the set-pieces of the show can be changed on a whim for whatever "cool scene" the writers cook up, which is a GROSS violation of writing mechanics.  If you set hard rules for something in your work, you better have a DAMN good reason for why someone can break them.  But then I remember that Weiss's Semblance being hereditary has STILL not been explained.  Remember, Semblances are supposed to be significant of the wielder's personality, right?  Yeah, let's just break that rule so we can give Snow White her woodland critters.

Even the Yang plotline was weak at best, because a big part of Raven was that deep down, she actually cares about her daughter.  Know how they display this?  By giving her a power that only allows her to teleport her to people that she "has a bond with", and then explain that to us.  Simply put: it was a way to sidestep actual character development.  Now they can just point to the portals and say "See?  SHE CARES!", all while allowing her to continue acting like more of an asshole user and abuser than Adam ever was portrayed to be.

Oh yeah, let's keep sidestepping the fact that Jaune and the rest of JNPR have FAR more of a reason to hate Cinder than Ruby ever does, yet they keep shoving their own pain aside to fluff up Little Red Riding Mary Sue.  Is Jaune ever going to get anything more than a token passive-aggressive remark to Qrow or Ozpin for their objective role in the loss of his partner, or are we going to keep pretending that the Brawnwens turning into birds is somehow both more fantastical and more unethical?  And speaking of which, does this character actually exist outside of the little narrow view of the world we get?  I mean, for someone who was a world-renowned athlete, most known IN THE REGION THEY ARE TRAVELING THROUGH, there's NOTHING about her at all.  Fucking blacksmith doesn't even recognize the damn shield.  It is as if the character of Pyrrha Nikos has become a compete non-entity...unless they need knowledge of her for a bullshit power-up (done THREE TIMES so far).

They've discarded major character arcs for the sake of giving the bloodthirsty among the fans a body to drool over (just another modern trend of killing for the sake of killing), they've stepped in every pitfall that comes from splitting the party, and they're somehow PROUD of constantly cutting away from major battles (if the season 5 commentary is anything to go by).

What you are doing is honest criticism of the show, criticism that NEEDS to be addressed.  What the rest of the posters here are doing is worship.

• CPY98

#33736196 - 2 months ago

In reply to jdude
    That's kind of a messed up move to say that just because I see Volume 5 as a masterpiece, I either have incredibly low standards or have no understanding of storytelling. I don't know what you've been watching, but RWBY's "lack of fight scenes" I actually think helps the show, because it allows us to learn more about the characters and the world they live in, as well as flesh out the plot. Because honestly, Volumes 1 and 2 had rather weak storytelling in comparison to where we are now. The story in those volumes was barely there, only existing as a thing to connect fight scenes. But with Volumes 4 and 5, Rooster Teeth figured out that it would be better to have the fights become a part of the plot, only happening when either there are critical moments of character development or when it made sense in the plot. Shows have to change if they want to remain relevant in this day and age. If you want to watch something that has action just for the sake of having action, go back to watching DBZ or Michael Bay's Transformers movies.

In reply to WrightKnight What are you saying was ret-conned in this show? Because I didn't notice any inconsistencies with what we were told in the previous volumes. Also, there's no need to say that just because we have different opinions we're more like "religious zealots" than actual fans.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33736501 - 2 months ago

In reply to CPY98

My opinion is that everyone is free to have its own opinion and express it. But I think it is also important 1) to remain cautious with how you express it and 2) always bring arguments to the table.

1) You actually very often sound like someone thinking of himself as being objective (I still don't think you think of yourself as such but you very much sound like you do). I'm quoting you : "people refusing to give what's objectively better content a chance", "the fight choreography was at its peak in this volume", "all the brilliant choices that the writers made" and "how they would manage to top this masterpiece of a volume". The thing is that being objective is actually impossible by definition. You can try being as objective as you can but never actually being objective. That's the paradox. That brings me to my second point.

2) Argumentation ! If you want to be as objective as possible (and don't be categorized as a "religious zealots" for example), bring arguments to the table. And you haven't really in my opinion. For example, why do you think the Raven vs Cinder fight was "one of best of Rooster teeth" ? You didn't explain why and I'm curious to know because I don't think so personally and here is why :

1) We lack infos about the maidens. Their abilities, their powers etc... They can apparently control elements but which one really ? And to what extent ? Does one maiden can control elements that another can't ? Raven and Cinder were the Spring and Fall maidens in that fight, what makes them unique ? I would have enjoyed that fight much more with those kind of informations already in mind ! Cinder creates a big "fire" sword ? Fine, Raven creates a big "ice" sword... A big redish halo appears around Cinder ? Fine, a big whitish one appears around Raven... Not very original and more importantly again, we can't really appreciate that because we don't really know their powers.

2) We lack backstories about Raven and Cinder. Now I know some informations have been given about their pasts but in my case it was clearly not enough to make me invested enough in their fight.

3) Choreography was nothing special to my eyes. Again because of the mirror aspect I mentionned before. Because they are maidens, it seems they can only fight the same way... But no ! Raven and Cinder have different styles, it was not shown. Also the last slow motion shot on Raven was too much slow in my opinion and killed the dynamic of the fight.

4) Music : too short and didn't bring any epicness to the fight for me.

5) Strategy : swords, swords and again swords... Yeah !... Is that really all the maidens can do ? It has been clearly shown that no (Amber for example). The best moment in my opinion was when they dropped the swords when Cinder grabbed Raven with her Grimm arm. Cinder finally used something specific to her but then Raven took advantage of the falling rocks by freezing Cinder's feet. That was great !

Monty was one of the kind. I'm not asking for Rooster Teeth to reach his level. There is not a unique formula for a good fight and they have already proved me to be able to produce a good one without Monty : Tyrian vs Qrow, RNJR vs the Nuckelavee. But it was not the case the majority of the time. And the Haven battle was a joke to me !! I'm talking here about all the fights in the main room... All wasted in my opinion and a disgrace to the abilities of all the fighters involved. They wrote themselves into a corner here in my opinion as it was impossible to properly animate so many fights in the same place at the same time.

• CPY98

#33736879 - 2 months ago

In reply to Velrak

I personally thought the Raven vs Cinder fight was one of their best because of the grand scale that the fight had, and how it seemed to be a perfect mashup of the modern choreography with Monty's style. Also, I was only trying to sound objective regarding Volume 5 because I've actually received hate from members of the fandom for thinking it was one of, if not the best volume of rwby. Finally, it's fine that you didn't like the Haven fight. But having rewatched Volume 5 recently in preparation for 6, when I reached the Haven fight, I had the same feelings as i did when i first saw it: Hype, Excitement, and genuine concern for our heroes, particularly Jaune and Weiss.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33736977 - 2 months ago

In reply to CPY98

And I respect your opinion. Mine is just different, end of the story.

There will always be haters even if you detail your ideas. Don't waste time with them. But for the other people ready to discuss with you, just be careful with certain words. Friendly advice here because you used some that made you sound like someone not ready to accept another opinion than his/her own (and you are not like that).

The one thing I appreciated during the Haven battle was the discussion between Yang and Raven. I think it was brilliant !

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33736979 - 2 months ago

I was daring them to actually kill Weiss, but I knew that they wouldn't actually do it.  Yang Xiao Long's survival during the Invasion showed off how much Plot Armor she has, and with Weiss's survival at Haven, we now know that that Plot Armor extends all the way to the rest of team RWBY.  We have no real reason to fear for their safety in any way.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33737060 - 2 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

I didn't believe Weiss was about to die for a second. In fact, this scene is one of the biggest reasons why I didn't like the Haven Battle at all. So obvious and not believable, just a cheap and therefore bad cliffhanger. The four girls have indeed been covered with Plot Armor so far and my heart tells me it will be the case until the very end. But being alive is not being safe ; Yang lost an arm. There are ways to endanger the four letters without removing them and they used one already. I think it is a good balance given how relatively inexperienced the writers are. I don't think they would know how to handle the "loss" of one of the four girls. Global interest for the show would likely drop (I'm thinking again about Red vs Blue ; one of the main character was killed and the show never really overcame it). Also, given how they handled the actual death of one character (Pyrrha)... Let's say it may be a good thing that team RWBY is still entirely alive ! :)

I still think there is a small chance that one of the main girls dies... But only when approaching the end of the show (I would "love" to be proven wrong).

• CPY98

#33737068 - 2 months ago

While I respect and understand your views of the characters having plot armor, that's actually something the creators are fully aware of. I don't remember the exact wording of this statement, but sometime after the Volume 3 finale, Miles and Kerry said something along the lines of "We won't kill any major characters off until volume 10" So they will kill off someone important, just not until that point

• Velrak

Velrak

#33737077 - 2 months ago

In reply to CPY98

Okay I missed that thanks for sharing. I was not saying they are not aware of it, I think they are but still not willing to do that now. It would be too much of a challenge to rewrite everything (because I'm pretty sure it wasn't Monty's plan, even if they already go a different way that part I'm sure they didn't change) and too much of a danger regarding the popularity of the show. They are playing it "safe" and I honestly don't blame them for that. Also it doesn't mean they will actually kill one of the main characters after V10 ! That is almost a spoil when you think about it ^^

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33737082 - 2 months ago

In reply to CPY98

They ALSO said that all eight characters, those of both teams RWBY and JNPR, were main characters (season 1 commentary).  So, one of these statements is an outright lie, given Pyrrha.  Also, the statement you provided was actually said by Monty Oum, and no one can find a reliable source to reinforce it.  So, what we have here is half our cast being criminally underutilized (which is bad, but shows mere incompetence)....or we have characters who are actually support-tier, but were falsely claimed to be main-tier by the writers (which is FAR worse, as this is now misleading the audience on a level that a writer should not do so on).

• Velrak

Velrak

#33737085 - 2 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

But then how can you affirm it was said by Monty ? Is there really no source ?

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33737086 - 2 months ago

In reply to Velrak

You're right, I personally cannot.  However, that is what everyone else has said.  CPY98 is the first one to claim that that statement came from Miles and Kerry.  And even then, I know enough about this show and them as writers to not take ANYTHING they say at face value.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33737088 - 2 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

Okay well thanks for bringing up too anyway. I guess we have to go with what the majority says !

• CPY98

#33737125 - 2 months ago

In reply to WrightKnight

I should've said i was assuming it was Miles and Kerry, since the first time i heard of that statement was after Volume 3 ended.