Forums > RWBY

RWBY Volume 6 Soundtrack Discussion

Posts (5)

• tehepicdan

tehepicdan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33735363 - 3 months ago

Well what can I say? The volume 6 trailer just came out and with it, another amazing song, or perhaps even two? I wasn't really sure whether the music in the trailer was a single song, or segments of two songs. ( EDIT: Yeah, listening to it again, it seems that it is just a single song, but that intermission where Blake and Adam speak confused me ) Either way, it's going to be another great season of the adventures of team RWBY, amazing battle scenes and then a few more months of waiting as we all try and speculate when the soundtrack's going to come out 2 months before it actually does!

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33735418 - 3 months ago

Surrounded by weaklings 

Pathetic and oppressed 

Satisfied to gnaw on scraps 

Afraid to leave the nest

You'll see 

I'm their hero 

I'll be lionized 

I have the strength to do what's needed 

Unify our people with no compromise 

Champion of truth until they recognize 

Lead them to salvation and regain our lives

Behold your flaccid leaders 

Too weak to take the prize 

Replace them with a warrior It's time we mobilize 

Depose the feeble cowards 

Heed this battle cry 

Vengeance on the human filth 

The time is now, we'll rise!

I'm here 

I'm your savior 

I'll be lionized 

I am the path to reclamation 

This world will have no peace 'til our dream's realized 

No mercy no compassion our fate's justified 

Time to turn the table on who's tyrannized

The lyrics are certainly very.... "Adam"y....  blake

To the surprise of no one he has a bit of a ego, and is kind of a dick.

• tehepicdan

tehepicdan FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33742373 - 3 weeks ago

An amazing intro song and another amazing song with a great score just in the first episode - I already can't wait for the soundtrack to release.

Here we go again.

• samanthaalison

samanthaalison FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33742693 - 3 weeks ago

I started to make lyrics for that score in the first episode. It took me a while since I have issues with speech processing, but I loved the song so much I couldn't help but put the effort in! Anyone should feel free to at me with corrections or additions, however. It's such a good score I want to get it right.

Time and time again it seems
    We've reach the point where all our dreams 
    Are crumbling all around us
    Every outcome unjust
    Every step it seems has lead
    Us further from the goal instead.
    The triumphs never mattered,
    We're drifting ever backwards.
    And we're running all the time!
    Now we'll need to be the shroud
    And it's growing ever clear
    That a reckoning is near.
    And we'll have to make a choice
    And friends will die
    Words are made of lives
    We'll defeat ourselves
    Trusting in whomever

My interpretation is pretty pessimistic, so I'm hoping for a happier ending to this song  ruby 

Edit: By the way, these are interrupted from the point of the beginning of the song until the point when  Oscar is fighting one of the Grimm immediately after Ren shrouds the entire train.

• Titania4242

Titania4242 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33742827 - 3 weeks ago

Something I've been thinking about with the new theme Rising is how it compares/contrasts to the chorus of The Triumph from last volume. Rising's chorus ends with "And we're rising like the moon", and The Triumph's with "We'll be the points to touch the sun [...]". The moon/sun imagery really stood out to me.

@samanthaalison I loved this song too!! Curious to know what its title is. I wanted to see how much of it I could decipher, and I was able to pick out a few more lines. I'd like to do more but it's getting late so it'll have to wait until later.

I also noticed a few references to last volume's theme Triumph that I though were interesting! We have "The triumphs haven't mattered" kind of nodding to the other song as a whole, and later it references Triumph's "..And all we need's a miracle" line in the lines "A miracle is all we need, But there isn't one in sight" that plays when Yang grabs the grimm and flips it by its horns.

Time and time again it seems

We've reached the point where all our dreams

Are crumbling all around us

Every outcome unjust

Every step it seems has lead

Us further from our goal instead*

The triumphs haven't mattered*

We've drifting ever backward

And we're running out of time*

Now we're near the finish line*

And it's growing ever clear

That a reckoning is near