Forums > RWBY

Disappointed in Vol. 6

Posts (32)

• ZeDemonPyro

ZeDemonPyro

#33742217 - 3 weeks ago

I'm really disappointed in RT for doing something so cheap for the season 6 premier. Doing a recap is fine and all but an hour long recap for a supposedly 90 minute movie is ridiculous. I spent my money to see a RWBY movie but got just some episodes I've already watched stitched together. I love the series but that's a cash grab if I've ever seen one.

• GambolMuse

GambolMuse FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33742234 - 3 weeks ago

Not trying to antagonize, but what more did you expect? They can't really show much else - certainly not more than one episode. That we got behind-the-scenes stuff and the volume 6 episode 1 is what you basically paid for. Lesson learned for next year though. 

• ZeDemonPyro

ZeDemonPyro

#33742270 - 3 weeks ago

I expected an hour and a half long movie as was advertised. I get how hard it is to make episodes (and how expensive) but to go in expecting an hour and a half movie to get a normal 20 minute episode with an hour of episodes I've already seen was a huge let down. A recap is fine but the recap shouldn't be the entire 'movie'. The fact that they pretty much only reused past episodes and only showed it for a day (with no late night showings) so that no one would find out that it's just a regular 20 minute episode just screams of a cash grab.  I love RWBY but I'm not going to show it special treatment, if they want to make a movie then they should do it, not mislead fans.

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33742271 - 3 weeks ago

No offence but that’s kind of on you. Rwby episodes were never an hour and a half long. They had to fill in the time in because spending 15 bucks for a twenty minute showing would be a rip off.

It’s not false advertising, it’s called common sense. RT has done this in the past so I don’t understand why expected that this would be different.

• ZeDemonPyro

ZeDemonPyro

#33742324 - 3 weeks ago

Firstly, just because they've never been that long doesn't mean that if they made a movie, like they were claiming, it wouldn't be. Secondly, it's not common sense, it's illogical. Granted I don't go to movies often, and the last time I remember RT having anything in theaters it was when they made volume 1 into a movie, which they were up front about. I'll give you an example of why it's illogical too: imagine if the upcoming DB Super: Broly movie was just the last 3 episodes of the last season and then 20 minutes of new footage. And the recap isn't helping much of anyone either; if you haven't seen RWBY then you'll still be completely lost. If you have seen it up to that point, then why would you pay to rewatch the last 3 episodes of the last season. It would be different had they been up front about that rather than saying it's a real movie. And I'm not saying RWBY is bad, but that could have been done way better with way more respect for the fans.

• krispyclumpy

krispyclumpy FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33742348 - 3 weeks ago

Seriously? Did you not see last years premiere? It was the same thing. They show the last three episodes of the previous volume then go into depth of their process and what's going to be new in the upcoming volume. They show the first episode of the new volume last as not only did you pay to get the run down of whats going on behind the scenes, you also most definitely payed to see the first episode early. I can admit that they should have done what they did last year, tho. Last year not only did you get behind the scenes look, three last episodes of the previous volume, and the first new episode of the new volume, you also got to know their reason behind their decisions in the last three episode of the previous volume. They go into detail about why they chose a certain route in volume 4 and in depth explanation of what was happening in those episodes. There were a lot of ppl who dislike volume 4 and last years theater premiere really helped clear the fog on that topic. I just wished that had happened this year especially since more disliked volume 5.

• Blue-Rose-89

Blue-Rose-89

#33742358 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to ZeDemonPyro

I can't tell if you're being serious or you really don't know how these events work. You're basically complaining that you went in with the expectations of RWBY being literally hour and a half movie. This never happens. After 6 volumes you should know this by now.

If you do the math then RWBY Vol 6 would most likely clock into an hour and half if it was shown in its entirety.  They are not going to show you the entire Volume because what would be the point of showing it online when they can just pay the theatres to have it air for a few weeks? The people who would see the 'movie' would now be stuck doing for a few months because now they have to wait for sponsors and non-sponsors to play catch up. For a website that's trying to encourage its audience to be a FIRST member that's kind a bad move.

Again, they likely had those  last three episodes of Vol 5 air because they're trying to fill in the time into being an hour and a half. People are not going to waste 15 bucks for a 20 minute episode (I would pay 5 dollars at most for something like that). And if you're someone who bought a ticket despite not seeing or ever hearing of RWBY then I don't know what to say about them other than "Why did you buy a ticket if you have no clue what the show is? (They advertise it as RWBY Vol 6 so you should assume that there are 5 previous volumes)." Given its huge fanbase, RT is expecting their audience to be those who have seen the the previous Volume. If you didn't then again, "Why did you buy a ticket if you don't know what RWBY is? Did you not do a google search before you came to the theatre?"

If the internet was non-existent then I can see the complaints behind it but going in expecting that this is some full length movie when it was never advertised as such is unrealistic on your end. 

If you felt like you didn't get your money's worth then fine. Next time don't waste your money when they do it this for Vol 7 because it's not going to be an hour and half movie like you were expecting. If you do then I honestly don't know what to say about you.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33742467 - 3 weeks ago

Um 1, just the first episode

2 its the FIRST EPISODE

3 see previous 2

4 it was an awesome first episode

• ZeDemonPyro

ZeDemonPyro

#33742520 - 3 weeks ago

I guess I just don't know how the events work then, but that changes nothing. You guys can continue being blind fanboys, but again to my point: you're still paying to see episodes you've already seen. Also, yes, they advertised it as just the season premiere, and only the season premiere. Had they said that it was a rwby marathon starting at the end of V5 and showing E1 of V6, then yeah, you'd have a point. If any other studio pulled a stunt like this than they'd have a lynch mob waiting for them. I think it was a great episode, horrible marketing/cash grab however. 

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33742524 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to ZeDemonPyro

I guess I just don't know how the events work then, but that changes nothing. You guys can continue being blind fanboys, but again to my point: you're still paying to see episodes you've already seen. Also, yes, they advertised it as just the season premiere, and only the season premiere. Had they said that it was a rwby marathon starting at the end of V5 and showing E1 of V6, then yeah, you'd have a point. If any other studio pulled a stunt like this than they'd have a lynch mob waiting for them. I think it was a great episode, horrible marketing/cash grab however. 

no they wouldn't the point of these things is to get fans together, other premier cast events are like that too.

• ZeDemonPyro

ZeDemonPyro

#33742531 - 3 weeks ago

Name one that has done that. Because I can't think of an example. And everyone I know & told about this said it's a blatant cash grab. Granted, I didn't see V5 season premiere in theaters, but that doesn't change that in none of the promotions for it was it said to just be a marathon of the end of V5, they all just say V6 premiere. And like I said before, had they just advertised it for what it was, then it wouldn't be a problem. And not once did I say I expected the entire volume. I'll give another example: had the My Hero Academia movie been the last 3 episodes of S3, then E1 of S4, people would have been outraged about that, because they said it'd be a movie. Even if they said it would just be the premier of S4, people would be pissed they had to pay to sit through an hour of stuff they've already seen when they were told it's just going to be all new content. I'm not even saying the episode was bad. I'm specifically mad about how they advertised it very poorly. 

• LtColFrost

LtColFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33742569 - 3 weeks ago

They did not advertise a hour and a half movie. Everyone on the theater knew exactly what we were going to get, and there was a hundred people in the theater. Apparently the only one who didn't understand the advertisement was you. You can argue all you like, or you could be mature and admit you were wrong and misunderstood.

• LtColFrost

LtColFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33742571 - 3 weeks ago

• ZeDemonPyro

ZeDemonPyro

#33742575 - 3 weeks ago

Show me where they advertised it as a marathon rather than a movie and I'll admit I'm wrong, but everywhere I look it's advertised as only the season 6 premier and that it'll be an hour and a half movie. I've been trying to make constructive criticism of how they advertised it but y'all want to be completely toxic and complete fanboys. Next time I'll just say RWBY and RT are perfect and can't do anything wrong ig. Y'all suck.

• ZeDemonPyro

ZeDemonPyro

#33742578 - 3 weeks ago

Like, I don't mean to be rude but y'all have been incredibly rude. Literally all anyone had to do was post a link to where they advertised it as a marathon and not a movie. Even my mom, who watches everything RWBY (chibi, crwby, and rwby rewind) thought it was going to be a movie based on the advertisements since neither of us went and saw the V5 premiere in theaters. This is a complete echo chamber of people who can't handle someone bringing up a complaint about their favorite show. I've tried to keep it civil, but y'all are the ones flame baiting. I brought up a simple point but no one could link me to any evidence other than "no you're wrong and stupid". 

• LtColFrost

#33742612 - 3 weeks ago

But we don't need to. You said "Roosterteeth was /bad/."  We said "Everyone else understood!" You value your perception over everyone else's, and I guess that's fine. Just sit in the corner with your aggrieved perceptions and not enjoy the season - we've attempted to dissuade you, but your not having it. Your loss.

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33742625 - 3 weeks ago

There is a reason that anime movies (whether its Pokemon, One Piece, Boku no Hero Academia, etc) always end up being non-canon/off-screen sidestories that don't involve the actual main anime series in the slightest. Its because as mentioned earlier if a whole season is shown in theatres before the show actually airs on television then there would be a ocean worth of spoilers reveals coming from theatre goers and also theatre goers would have no reason to actually watch the show when it airs normally since they've already seen everything. Rooster Teeth is getting bigger but its still nowhere near being big enough to make a hour and half long filler movie that's longer than the volume itself, and they're certainly not going to commit financial suicide by showing the entire volume in threatres before their sponsors can even see the first episode. This is not rocket science.

• ZeDemonPyro

ZeDemonPyro

#33742628 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to LtColFrost and then I said, not everyone else understood, especially if they didn't see V5 premiere in theaters. Y'all are cancerous, I literally just said I'd admit that I was totally off base if you just showed me a bit of actual evidence. Why is that so hard?  And multiple times I've stated I enjoyed the episode and still like RWBY, so idk where you're getting the fact that I won't enjoy the season. It's like y'all can't handle the slightest bit of criticism, since you can't even provide any evidence when asked for it and put words into other people's mouths. 

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33742630 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to ZeDemonPyro

Ah yes, how cancerous of us to have better ways to spend our time than sparing you 5 seconds of Google Search to do basic fact checking that you should have done before you decided on which movie to watch in the cinemas.

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/rwby-volume-6-premiere

Be the first to see the newest episode of RWBY Volume 6 on the big screen!

Literally the first thing that shows up when you google search RWBY Volume 6 theaters.

• ZeDemonPyro

ZeDemonPyro

#33742637 - 3 weeks ago

But it doesn't say it's a marathon, just the newest episode. The trailer and the description just states that it will be the newest episode, not a marathon to the newest episode. 

• GambolMuse

GambolMuse FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33742647 - 3 weeks ago

So you know it says its just the newest episode, but you're complaining it wasn't more than that? But you're complaining it was only that despite the description of the event saying its purely that, not a movie like you said originally. I'm confused what your complaint is now. 

• ZeDemonPyro

ZeDemonPyro

#33742677 - 2 weeks ago

I appreciate you being respectful GambolMuse, I'll try it put my point in a clearer way. My whole problem is that they are advertising that it's just the new episode, and that it's an hour and a half long. I'm saying they should have stated that it was also the last 3 episodes of V5. I would've had 0 problems with it had they said that. And like I said before; I enjoyed it, it's just that I feel like they should have said it was a little marathon of the ending of V5. Sorry about any confusion.

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33742703 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to ZeDemonPyro

To be fair, this is an echo chamber of people who can't stand ANY criticism of RWBY, let alone the current topic.

That being said, whether you knew it or not, you still ended up paying money to see part of season 5 in theaters.  As far as I'm concerned, anyone who did got ripped off, not just you.

• equinox_comics

equinox_comics FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold equinox_comics

#33742705 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to WrightKnight im glade you showed up i really do like rwby but i also really like seeing people with a different opinion of me voicing there thoughts but you could have been a bit more constructive with your criticism then destructive  

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33742708 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to WrightKnight

And if the fans of RWBY are an echo chamber, you're a broken record. You just keep looping back over how they didn't write the series the way you think they should have and act like that is the only correct way it could have been written.