Forums > RWBY

Disappointed in Vol. 6

Posts (32)

• ZeDemonPyro

ZeDemonPyro

#33742723 - 2 weeks ago

I suppose I could have been a bit more constructive, but I did say how I thought that they could improve & stated I enjoyed the actual episode (the animation quality looked amazing on the big screen). My apologies if it seemed like I was just trying to bash the show just to bash. And to be fair, it really is a bit of an echo chamber in here.

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33742727 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to ZeDemonPyro

Its only a echo chamber because there is only one sensible response to you complaining about the fact that the movie that advertised itself as showing one singular episode of volume 6 didn't actually show the entire volume.

If I bought the expensive new Alpha Beowolf Battle Statue from the RT store and then made a thread complaining about how the package arrived but didn't contain all the new Team RWBY Vinyl figures, but instead only had the Beowolf Statue, then how do you think people would respond? How would you respond? 

It seems to me that a pretty universal and well justified response to me complaining about only getting the thing I actually bought and not getting stuff that wasn't advertised as being included would be to call me out for being stupid. I imagine that a thread like that would get a lot of people agreeing with each other and very few dissenting voices. 

That's basically what you sound like in this thread. Maybe you don't think one episode was worth the money of a full ticket, much like I don't think a badass Beowolf statue is worth several hundred dollars (not with my current income at any rate) then sure, that's fine. But that's something you should consider before making a purchase, not after. I have not actually bought a Alpha Beowolf statue, but if I ever do it will only be if I have enough money to throw around that I don't mind spending five hundred dollars just to get a single cool figurine.

• ZeDemonPyro

ZeDemonPyro

#33742766 - 2 weeks ago

I don't think you understand what I'm complaining about, and I honestly have no clue how to put it in simpler terms. Like I have said, I expected it to be only the first episode. And I expected the episode to be the length advertised, an hour and a half, but it was actually the last 3 episodes of V5 and then the new episode. My whole point is that I wish they would have stated it would also be the last 3 of V5 so that I didn't go in expecting only they new episode and it being basically a movie. If you still don't get it, there's no way for me to explain it any better than that. I really don't get what's so outrageous about me saying that.

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33742775 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to ZeDemonPyro

Its outrageous because even the slightest amount of common sense or research would have let you know that there is no way in hell RoosterTeeth would be able to make a opening episode that's 90 minutes long. The absolute longest RWBY episodes they've ever made were only around 30 minutes long and those were season finales with really long closing credits (plus the usual 90 second opening). Even for companies who do have the budgets to make episodes that long there is still no way in hell they would ever do so, they would split that multiple episodes and market the movie based on that. 

A movie made from a big anime company that only used seasonal episodes would have marketed it as "Watch episodes 1, 2, 3 and 4 before anyone else!" while for Rooster Teeth a 90 minute long movie it would basically be "watch half the freaking volume before anyone else". Neither is in any way financially sound.

I mean, this isn't even the first time RWBY has appeared in theaters like this, after a certain point it becomes on you the customer to check what you're actually buying. 5 seconds of Google revealed that the Volume 5 theater release was not a pure "one long episode" style movie but instead had a bunch of cast commentary and such:

https://www.fathomevents.com/events/rwby-volume-5-premiere

Be the first to see the newest episode of RWBY, the global hit western-style anime series, on the big screen this October!  This special one-night event features the premiere of RWBY Volume 5 Chapter 1, as well as exclusive interviews with the talent and crew regarding the updated creative style and the new season.

Another 5 seconds of google revealed that the theater release also involved the screening of several Volume 4 episodes.

https://variety.com/2017/digital/news/rwby-volume-5-premiere-date-theatrical-1202560584/

The first chapter from Volume 5 of the anime hit will be screened in a special one-night-only theatrical run in nearly 500 theaters in the U.S., on Thursday, Oct. 12. In addition, the event also will mark the first time that select “RWBY” Volume 4 episodes will be shown theatrically.

Rooster Teeth has partnered with cinema-event distributor Fathom Events for the premiere, which will be Oct. 12 at 7:30 p.m. local time. The “RWBY” Volume 5 premiere screenings also will include an exclusive featurette, including interview footage with talent and crew, and other show-related content.

The nature of the RWBY theater release was not some kind of false advertising or secret that was maliciously kept from you. The exact content that you could expect to see was announced from the word go, it was aimed at people who were already fans of the show and who were willing to pay extra to see the first episode a bit sooner and too get behind the scenes footage. Its no one's fault but your own that you couldn't trouble yourself to spend ten seconds on google to discover that.

• ZeDemonPyro

ZeDemonPyro

#33742794 - 2 weeks ago

If I'm going to see the V6 premiere, why would I have looked up the V5 premiere? Or did it ever occur to you that maybe I just started to catch up on RWBY after V5 came out? Also, plenty of animes that do seasons have movies, and it's not like RT is too poor to make one, hell they have their own convention. So excuse me for looking up the V6 premiere rather than the V5 premiere, and excuse me for basically saying that they should have marketed it just like the V5 premiere as you have now shown me. Thanks for proving my point that they should've just marketed it just like they did the V5 premiere.

Edit: I'm not sure why I even responded to you, since you clearly didn't read any of this thread. You stated I was expecting the entire season after I had clarified that I didn't and you're posting how V5 was advertised when this is about how V6 was advertised. Stop commenting if you're not going to add anything new/of value.

• AenarTenthSkraeling

#33742829 - 2 weeks ago

http://collider.com/rwby-6-release-date-theater-tickets/

This fall, RWBY fans will have the exclusive opportunity to be the first to see the newest episode of Volume 6 during the “RWBY Volume 6 Premiere” one-night event. This exclusive cinema event will feature the premiere of the first episode from “RWBY Volume 6” along with several chapters of Volume 5 to catch fans up on all the western-style anime action from the creators of RWBY.

What is clear is that you did absolutely no research on what the hell you were actually paying for. I have done only the most rudimentary and bare bones google searches and in no time at all I keep finding more and more advertisements that would have told you exactly what to expect from the theater release. You're like a guy going to a grocery store, buying a Snickers bar, eating it and then going back to the store to loudly complain about how they dared sell you peanuts and caramel when you wanted pure chocolate. If you didn't want a chocolate bar with peanuts then you shouldn't have bought the one that has freaking peanuts on the covering.

• ZeDemonPyro

ZeDemonPyro

#33742874 - 2 weeks ago

Thank you for finally posting what I asked for from the beginning. My bad, I suppose I was wrong, I never checked (or heard of) that website. But it's funny you say I can't do 5 seconds of googling but couldn't spend 5 seconds to read the thread. Perhaps rather than acting toxic, just try and be helpful.