Forums > RWBY

Is Emerald black or just really tan?

Posts (6)

• BounceHouse420

BounceHouse420

#33747796 - 6 months ago

I never could quite tell.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33747827 - 6 months ago

Black like originating from Africa? Obviously not, not even Earth!

Black like RGB(0,0,0), take a screenshot and then the pipette-tool in your preferred graphics program and you get the exact value. I assume that it is not black.

• BounceHouse420

BounceHouse420

#33747848 - 6 months ago

In reply to BakedBrain

lol I didn't even think about the Africa thing lol I was basiclly asking what you guys thought the artists had in mind when they drew them

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33747849 - 6 months ago

In reply to bouncehouse420

Looking at her origin I'd say she was meant to be naturally dark-skinned, as opposed to having skin that tanned due to exposure. Street rats, unless they live somewhere arid, are often described as "pale", since they're going to be skulking around the shadows and at night.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33747853 - 6 months ago

If you really want to know, capture her and put her into a lightless cell for about a month. Then you should get her basic melanin level, or whatever it is.

May be difficult though and also an infringement upon prisoner's rights.

Normally I would recommend contracting the "Dr. Watts Institute for illegal humanoid experimentation", in such cases but even that may prove difficult in this particular case.

• Wits

Wits FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33747855 - 6 months ago

She just spent months in the land of darkness without any sun. Obviously Salem don't have any UV lamp, so I think she's just naturally dark skinned... But maybe checking for swimsuit mark would help.