Forums > RWBY

Could there be a RWBY Remastered?

Posts (14)

• Seanboi

Seanboi

#33751058 - 6 months ago

It's so cool to see how far RWBY and the crew has come at the end of volume 6! But even though volume 6 is ending the series as a whole. With that in mind I have a question for anyone who is willing and/or able to discuss it. At the conclusion of RWBY, will there be a remastered version where all the characters look as good and detailed as they do even now?

I understand the possible want to keep it as is and always be able to see how far you've come and how much you've grown, but as shows are timeless and last as long as technology will wouldn't you want a version of the show that looks good and up-to-date throughout the show? Please comment what you think and discuss things further!

• hoiderehehe

hoiderehehe

#33751996 - 6 months ago

jaune nora pyrrha ren Team JNPR                     ruby yang weiss blake Team RWBY

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie

#33752113 - 6 months ago

In reply to Seanboi

I mean if RT needed to generate revenue, remastering all of RWBY once it's over is a good start. But that might be too much effort when they could be working on newer or other things.

Not to mention the evolution of RWBY is something that is very special to everyone. Unless you're obsessed with quality. Those people probably couldn't suffer through the first volume.

• bwburke94

bwburke94 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold ENTIRE. TEAM.

#33752310 - 6 months ago

They could, but I don't see any reason why they would.

• CarryOn88

CarryOn88

#33752338 - 6 months ago

Quite honestly instead of remastered version I would prefered one that was re-written. While vol 1-3 are okey they should re-work latter volumes from the scratch and keep consistent with the set up from first 3 volumes 

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie

#33752586 - 6 months ago

In reply to CarryOn88

In reply to HokutoYangSoup

I'm lost as to what exactly we are "forgetting" about the earlier volumes that for some reason are/"to be" considered "fanservice".

• CarryOn88

CarryOn88

#33752646 - 6 months ago

Butt hurt psycho-fans that are unable to see the flaws in the story and will swallow everything RT gives them and smile afterwards.

What should be re-done from scratch is whole White Fang/ Adam/ Blake subplot. It was horrible after vol 3 

Vol 5 is rather obvious and vol 4 was...meh? Medicore easy to forget. Vol 6 suffered from what vol 5 did.

The points you mentioned are also valid. Heroes mostly Ruby and Blake do nothing and suffer no consequences for their actions whatsoever. While the ,,bad guys" make elaborate plans, prepeare and score just one win.

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie

#33752673 - 6 months ago

In reply to CarryOn88

Eh. I see it. I wish RWBY would go into more depth and detail with it's plots and characters. I feel like while RWBY is awesome, I think it is a somewhat simple and basic show. Villains don't win, heroes save the day, and nothing bad ever haunts them.

The only character I can bring up right now that I know of is the Grim Reaper. We need more things like that happening to her. Where she runs away, only caring for herself, and then having to live with it until she becomes old, and somehow hella short. Now of course we don't need exactly that, but we do need permanent consequences that "free passes" and forgiveness can fix. Like Yang's arm. She lost her arm due to her rage. Now, she isn't so inclined to use her semblance and rage so often.

There does need to be more of a sense of growth for our characters and the story entirely. As I can never hate RWBY, I think it could be a lot better.

I also think, everyone can agree our Villains need some love. A lot of it, if that.

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie

#33752681 - 6 months ago

How bout we start a RWBY support group and post the shit out of everything everywhere? That might work, HA! I don't know. I feel like there is always that one side that knows whats up and how to fix it, but just never gets their ideas to the people that matter.

Even RT of all the companies still has a major disconnect with their fans and their fans are the only thing keeping them alive. It's how RT was built.

I want to help them. Truly, I just don't know what to do, lol.

Everyone says: "They hope it gets better." I even say that, everyone does. But no one really seems to reach for the hope.

Sorry, that was probably too deep, lol. I'm just.....thinking.

• CarryOn88

CarryOn88

#33752693 - 6 months ago

In reply to TheImmoralCookie

Well guys I agree we should be keeping this alive and digest what RT is doing wrong. We all know that they actually read this forum so maybe MAYBE someone will at the least consider things we say here about the narrative.

While having a re-work of vol 4-6 is a pipe dream maybe they can improve in latter works...

So first issue that I would recommend would be a proper back-story for the villains. Similar in a way we got for Salem. Cinder and her main hench woman needs it done ASAP. No more

Hazel: My sister died because of you!

Adam: People were mean to me but you the most

Mercury: Daddy issues

Emerald: One scene in back alley

Tyrian: Backstory MIA

Watts: Backstory MIA (my guess would be he had something to do with Penny)

SO yeah I'm down for it! Also the videos of the YT might help here so we might make a change here

LET'S MAKE RWBY GREAT AGAIN!

• CarryOn88

CarryOn88

#33752695 - 6 months ago

In reply to HokutoYangSoup'

Yeah But Quite honestly we're leaving the whole Blake subplot behind and will move to Weiss which is by far my most fav character out of the RWBY team like it's Weiss long long nothing then the rest 

• CarryOn88

CarryOn88

#33752701 - 6 months ago

Well I watched Gen: Lock ep 3 it gives me hope for RWBY...if they decide to move more funds they could make it great Gen:Lock appears to have 20+ episode lenght...

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie

#33752798 - 6 months ago

In reply to CarryOn88

I just hope they divide their attention equally 50/50 with GenLOCK and RWBY. Granted they have other shows, but I would be willing to bet those two are the most influential to keep quality on.

• CarryOn88

CarryOn88

#33753259 - 6 months ago