Forums > RWBY

Predictions for RWBY Volume 7 (and the future in general)

Posts (8)

• CPY98

CPY98 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33752094 - 3 weeks ago

What are your predictions for RWBY Volume 7, or just the future of the show in general? Personally, my predictions are:
    Return of Winter
    Ozpin somehow comes back and the team forgives him
    Cinder and Neo make it to Atlas and fight against the team.
    Emerald considers leaving Salem to look for Cinder
    More about the Relics is revealed

Jaune kills Cinder

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33752111 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to CPY98

I see:

-Bumblebee getting some attention. Much needed problem solving.

-Weiss and her daddy issues!

-Daddy might end up dead. Leaving Whitley to inherit the family, who Weiss hates.

-Winter and Qrow no doubt

-Neo kicking some ass.

-And everyone else just kinda chilling...Literally.

-Maybe a character death, or two, or three...*cough*

Everything else is just stuff I either want to see or expect to be in later volumes.

• valamist

valamist FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33752114 - 3 weeks ago

Neo 

Neo

Neo

Neo

Neo

Neo

Neo

Neo

Oh, and Neo.

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33752116 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to valamist

I'm actually starting to really get invested into Neo. I think shes really cool now that we are seeing the spotlight being put on her. Roman 2.0 right there!

• redtalker02

redtalker02 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33752172 - 3 weeks ago

I think there will be a lot of drama. Mainly because I have a feeling the show is broken into 4 parts.

Vol. 1-3: (Centered around Vale region) Intro to the world and world/character building. Setting the basics for the actual plot.

Vol. 4-6: (Centered around Anima region) Character and lore development. Laying down all the major plot info and the main characters get past their major flaws/development cycles.

Vol. 7-9: (Centered around Atlas region) Heavy drama and climb to the climax. Lots of villain movements and fights. A ton of talk behind closed doors, big setups for later volumes.

Vol. 10-13: (Centered around Vacuo/unknown areas) All hell breaks loose and the story has reached its climax. Wars are fought, good and bad die, a race to the finish for both sides. Most likely with the good guys coming out on top after a ton of wild stuff.

If I remember correctly, Monty took a couple plot structures and designs from final fantasy games. I think this structure is where it goes. There's a small intro with a big event or two that divides everyone where they build back up and get closer (Vol. 1-6), then they dodge around with plot and story, a few big things happen (vol. 7-9), then they get close to the end of the story where the world is barely holding together and the plot reaches its climax before everything is resolved. (Vol. 9-13).

Just my opinion obviously, and I'm sure I'm wrong about things, but I think
    the idea for the next volume is all villain movements and lots of side
    character drama and tension like the schnee company, national tensions, a
    ton of conspiracies, all ending with a big break at the end of the
    stage before stage 4 in Vacuo.

• TheImmoralCookie

#33752175 - 3 weeks ago

In reply to redtalker02

Pretty interesting stuff right there!

• Thrythlind

Thrythlind FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33752522 - 2 weeks ago

I'll just reprint my post from the other thread:

Volume 7 is going to deal with:

Ironwood's dwindling mental state.
    Salem's assault on Atlas
    Weiss's family issues
    Penny's creator
    Cinder and Neo hunting Ruby
    Emerald's crisis of faith

I'm not seeing major Yang or Blake narratives right now. There's the romance/friendship thread but from a narrative perspective that's not  major and spending too much time on it will take away from the short length of the volumes.

So I'm expecting it to be a Ruby and Weiss heavy volume.

I think Ozpin, and consequently a lot of his followers, have a bit of a target fixation thing going on.

He can't get around the idea of seeing victory without killing Salem and to be honest that's not the task he was set. The god of life even out right suggested he not go looking for Salem and that it make things worse.

The main goal is still to unify humanity, which he was close to doing, and getting fixated on Salem and her immortality has kind of short-circuited his thoughts.

I'm also suspecting the lore-dump story we got is not completely accurate. This may be hopeful thinking on my part because, to be honest, the origin of Salem and Ozpin has maybe the weakest writing in all of the series. But I am reminded that the triggering question was "What is Ozpin keeping from us?" Which means that entire story may be colored by Ozpin's viewpoint and may lack some key context for the whole truth.

I'm hoping to see Neo turn against Cinder.

I'm wanting Weiss to end up giving her family the same sort of emotional/social irrelevance smack-down that Blake gave to Adam at the end of volume 5 and Yang gave to Raven in the same volume.

I'd like to see Raven make a re-appearance and better herself. That's a hard stretch though. Pretty much every appearance she's had where she speaks more than four words has been tinged in the language of a coward. But cowards can come around.

I am DREADING a Penny 2.0 the younger sister. Part of me really wants to see that happen because it will be great story-telling, but if they do it even close to right there will be so many emotions roiling about. That will be a major thing though, Penny is the first case where Ruby realized that there wouldn't always be someone to keep her failures from seriously hurting someone that wasn't her or her team and she's dealt with it fairly solidly but seeing another Penny would be like the guy having to take the "We're sorry to inform you," letter to the family...at least from Ruby's perspective. And it will be doubly hurtful if Penny 2.0 has a completely different
    personality from Penny.

I'm hoping to see Emerald turn against Salem.

I haven't yet figured out Emerald's mythos yet. Ozpin, Salem, Qrow, Leo, and Ironwood being The Wizard of Oz, The Wicked Witch of the West, the Scarecrow, the Cowardly Lion, and the Tin Man has been pretty heavily
    rammed into.....

Is Emerald Dorothy? Is that her mythos? Is that Emerald's mythos? Crap.

Anyway.

Relationship wise I still hope for a polycule because they have a very good set-up here for a non-fetishized healthy poly-relationship with several characters (Jaune-Ruby; Ruby-Weiss; Weiss-Blake; Blake-Yang; Blake-Sun; Blake-Illyia) but that is likely to be a stretch. There aren't many healthy poly relationships in fiction. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is in the Shield of Tomorrow Star Trek RPG stream on
    Geek and Sundry. To be fair, I hadn't thought of a polycule at first until one of my friends mentioned they loved how poly-friendly the series was. It's a blindspot in me not being in that demographic, but after it was pointed out to me, yeah, quite like the possibility.

Wait, Emerald might be Glinda....crap. No, that's not right. And Dorothy isn't the Emerald City either.

Does Ruby have TWO Mythos? Is she Dorothy and Red-Riding Hood?

Damn it.

I don't expect to see too much happen on the Silver Eyes narrative in volume 7 but I do expect to see Sun and Illyia coming with reinforcements from Vacuo and/or Menagerie at some point.

We will likely get more digs into Ozpin and Salem's pasts. This may include uncovering some of the narrative blindspots in the story we already have.

I'm expecting Ironwood to step down in someway and I'm HOPING Winter takes his place.

I'm expecting to meet Weiss's mother.

We've had some precursor to the sort of treatment Blake will get from Atlas with Cordovin's thinly veiled commentary directed at her and I expect Weiss's "What's that supposed to mean?" is similar foreshadowing to how well Weiss will take people attacking her friend.

As a further note, Ruby reverted to her spaz mask maybe in the first episode with the not-Christmas shopping thing...and then one more time late on when she was trying to divert attention from herself to Oscar in the last
    episode. Most of the rest of the volume she was more mask-off than she's ever been save for small moments here and there throughout volumes 1 through 5.

I'm curious to see if the mask reverts to being common use in volume 7 again or if she continues to be mostly in serious mode.

(for clarity, I think some of her energetic goofiness is genuine...she's a teenager after all. But I think large portions of her perceived personality in the early volumes is her way of keeping people from bothering her/worrying about her.)

In the terms of really epileptic trees guessing, I have a vague theory that Pyrrha's soul is in Ruby similar to how Oz is in Oscar. There were small hints of that possibility in volumes 4 and 5, one or two easily misread scenes, and almost nothing of it in volume 6.

Another friend of mine hopes that Pyrrha will end up being in Cinder and taking her over....which, given the Maiden's nature is also somewhat possible. But again, that's wild random guessing stuff there.

• HokutoYangSoup

HokutoYangSoup FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33752706 - 2 weeks ago

My prediction of Volume 7 is going to be a same shit with new stuff added without any effort. Weiss is the my last favorite going to be butchered by bullshit moments.

Then by the times volume 12 or 13 ends, it's meaningless. Hell, countries like Japan and China were only interested because of Monty's Vol 1 and 2, even 3 thanks to Shane and Dillon Gu involvement.