Forums > RWBY

Volume 7 Wants and Theories

Posts (738)

• Velrak

Velrak

#33761229 - 1 week ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Technically, it is still an option until we actually know what is up in Atlas about the WF. But I would assume they know about Sienna's death, about Adam's failed attempt to blow everyone at Haven and even maybe about his rampage back at the HQ.

Because the WF has shown to be able to communicate between its different factions (Adam's hologram at Menagerie before Fennec and Corsac, the guards at the HQ knowing what Adam did at Haven before he returns).

But maybe the Atlas branch is in a different situation (again if it exists) because of the recent protectionism's policy of Atlas.

But too many "maybe". Let's wait for V7.

Anyway, I think the WF is over in RWBY. We may have reached mid-show with V6 and Adam's death ended the WF for me. The Faunus question though is still up especially with the Atlas arc coming up.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33761231 - 1 week ago

RWBY will have a panel at NYCC next month. With new information about the upcoming season. I hope they reveal Jaune, Ren and Noras new outfits

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33761234 - 1 week ago

One of the things I have theorized about Atlas is that their discrimination issue with the current generation, might not be any worse than it is for Mistral, but where Mistral it was more social, in Atlas it would be more economic, we see that some Faunus make it to Atlas' middle class (Neon), and nothing stopped Ilias' parents from enrolling her in a prep school, when the admin would certainly know, but as we see at the gala, there are none there and among the upper crust they are something to laugh at and disregard, 

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33761236 - 1 week ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

We don't know if neon is middle class or not. We don't know much about her in fact.

Nora and Ren are orphans and are able to afford classes.

So saying neon is middle class doesn't actually work since we know so little.

Ilia was specifically mentioned as human passing.

Also there was socially ilia even mentions her classmates would joke and she would join in until the mine accident.

So there was for sure some social going on

From my phone

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33761239 - 1 week ago

So basically, I was right about the characters changing outfits in every different saga. This might mix things up for the story Jianju and I are working on.

• Velrak

Velrak

#33761244 - 1 week ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Wasn't it at this event that the V6 poster was revealed last year ?

Definitely interested in JNR new outfits too.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33761253 - 1 week ago

Hey, a couple of us have a discord page going now. It was originally for OC's but we've made a general discussion thread. Here's the link if you're interested: https://discord.gg/BjvkPD5

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33761255 - 1 week ago

In reply to Velrak

Here's hoping 

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33761271 - 6 days ago

So found out that Gray left Roosterteeth. He still work with them on projects but it wont be as an employee.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33761272 - 6 days ago

In reply to Dinobot01

RWBY will have a panel at NYCC next month. With new information about the upcoming season. I hope they reveal Jaune, Ren and Noras new outfits

Kinda hope the same for Winter, Mercury and Emerald as well.

• acw28

acw28

#33761273 - 6 days ago

So how cannon are the new Marvel comics to RWBY overall, on a scale of Chibi to After the Fall? So far it seems to be mostly recap, but holy cow, the latest issue shows that Raven can talk while in bird form!

• acw28

acw28

#33761274 - 6 days ago

In reply to JROY

So found out that Gray left Roosterteeth. He still work with them on projects but it wont be as an employee.

Well, not to sound too pessimistic, but I'm guessing that's not a good sign of gen:Lock getting a second season.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33761275 - 6 days ago

In reply to acw28

With the benefit of hindsight, they should never have started gen:Lock, before bringing RWBY to at least 12/20 "small" anime standard.

I liked watching the show, but only once and I do not believe they are selling a lot of merch based on gen:Lock. There is much less humour, the characters are far less relatable and the world building is lagging in thought provocation.The only upside is villain threat, althoug only midseason. They spent their main antagonist in the first season and effectively stalled the antagonist faction's advance.

What is left on open questions for the characters and the world?

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33761276 - 6 days ago

In reply to acw28 It surprises me that they managed to talk Michael B. Jordan, (the actor of Adonis Creed), to play one of their main characters. You guys know what I'm talking about when saying "Adonis creed". Right?

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33761277 - 6 days ago

In reply to acw28

50/50 to be honest.

Gen:lock is successful just not on the levels they wanted. They put a lot into it and so far have not gotten a full return.

So we might see some changes in VAs to cheaper ones as many of the talents they have are not cheap at all.

I think that is part of the issue of why RT had to let go about 13% of their work force. Vicious circle their game flopped hard from my understanding, not 100% on this as I wasnt interested in it, and some of their other stuff like Youtube having issues.

Its a case where I think RT expanded too fast and now stuff is kind of shrinking to get it to a proper affordable size. Because from what I am hearing some of that was Bloat not all but some.

So I think they will continue to make their IPs but we might see some changes in stuff like VAs and so forth to make up for issues.

As for how canon the new comics are probably only vaguely from what I have heard they made Ruby's semblance teleporting and not speed like it actually is.

I have also heard of a few things not being quite right though I am not sure what they mean.

I do know Kerry and Miles have informed them but are not part of the project from my understanding.

So expect it to be a loose understanding of it.

• acw28

acw28

#33761282 - 5 days ago

In reply to NickPotterfi

It actually doesn't surprise me all that much. Michael B. Jordan is a self admitted huge anime fan, so I can definitely see him being excited to star in what is essentially a mecha anime. Not to mention his production company helped to produce the show, so he's getting a cut of the profits there as well. What surprised me was the other big named talent. Maisie Williams was a central part of Game of Thrones and no doubt very much in demand when production first began. Then of course they somehow got David Tennant to voice their own doctor.

Also, if you say Killmonger, a lot more people will recognize who Jordan is.

In reply to revanninja

I get what you're saying. As far as Vicious Circle is concerned, I actually saw a video that gives a fairly good explanation as to why it might have bombed, the lack of marketing. I was going to explain the video's argument, but I'll just leave a link instead.

As far as VAs go, I'm not sure if they'll be replaced or not. As I mentioned with Nick, Jordan expressed his excitement for gen:Lock and helped to produce it, so if the show does return I expect he'd be back as well. Tennant's character is dead, so that'll save a bit on the budget. As for the others, yeah I can see some replacements happening.

• revanninja

#33761283 - 5 days ago

In reply to acw28

My point on Vicious circle was that it did bomb from everything I am hearing which that is an investment RT is not getting back at all and will naturally cause a reshuffle of their options and choices.

When you lose out on that there is always consequences. The exact reasons for the bomb doesn't really matter at this point. Just that it did happen and that RT is hurting because of it.

I think some will be replaced, not Jordan for some of the good reasons you point out, but some of the others? Yeah.

Honestly what saved a LOT of production cost for RWBY was doing a lot of in-house VAing for a large chunk of their stuff. Since in-house will be cheaper then hiring an outside talent.

So I wont be surprised if we see a return to that more for a time.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33761285 - 5 days ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to acw28

50/50 to be honest.

Gen:lock is successful just not on the levels they wanted. They put a lot into it and so far have not gotten a full return.

So we might see some changes in VAs to cheaper ones as many of the talents they have are not cheap at all.

I think that is part of the issue of why RT had to let go about 13% of their work force. Vicious circle their game flopped hard from my understanding, not 100% on this as I wasnt interested in it, and some of their other stuff like Youtube having issues.

Its a case where I think RT expanded too fast and now stuff is kind of shrinking to get it to a proper affordable size. Because from what I am hearing some of that was Bloat not all but some.

So I think they will continue to make their IPs but we might see some changes in stuff like VAs and so forth to make up for issues.

As for how canon the new comics are probably only vaguely from what I have heard they made Ruby's semblance teleporting and not speed like it actually is.

I have also heard of a few things not being quite right though I am not sure what they mean.

I do know Kerry and Miles have informed them but are not part of the project from my understanding.

So expect it to be a loose understanding of it.

I hope they continue GenLock, As for Ruby's semblance according to the comic "An ice cream Sunday of speed with a little cherry of teleportation on top." and actually that makes sense with what we have seen, it isn't instantaneous teleportation, but when she turns into a mass of rose petals, her body isn't there, and we have seen in the Ruby character short, that mass can split apart and rejoin, so it can be considered a form of teleportation 

edit I think they can manage to keep most of the VAs for GenLock, they've cut down massively on smaller series, but one thing about voice acting, is that it costs less, because the actors can do it remotely I think they are compensating by cutting things like Chibi, Nomad, and such.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33761286 - 5 days ago

In reply to revanninja

In reply to acw28

50/50 to be honest.

If that is true (not gotten full return) the show is just plain dead.

A second season would not have the "novelty" feature and it would be overoptimistic to assume you can bring a money looser to perform in a second season. Given RT's economic situation, going that risk would be mad.

They have kicked out the head creator/writer by the way.

• revanninja

#33761287 - 5 days ago

In reply to BakedBrain

No that is wrong.

Because plenty of shows dont get a full return on the investment for the first bit but can at later seasons bring it back.

No they didnt kick out Gray he left there is a difference and its important to keep it in mind. That is like saying someone who was discharged vs dishonorably discharged are the same thing when they arent by a LONG stretch. And gray is still working with them just not as an employee and yes Anime industry does actually do this so that isnt abnormal.

So no they didnt kick him out he left of his own violation most likely due to all the shake ups in RT right now.

Sometimes the novelty is the reason WHY a show doesnt go well at first because people arent sure if they are going to like it or not but then see it as a complete season and then decide.

You see this a lot with Video games in fact where beginning sales are often exclipsed by later sales as reviews and others get their hands on it and people can see if they like it or not.

With Gen:lock locked behind a pay wall that happened with it as people werent sure if they would like it or not and waited.

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Actually her body IS there Merc kicked her out of her semblance back in vol 3.

So that is wrong and the body split hasnt happened in the show proper only in the Ruby special from vol 4 if I recall correctly. And specials are always a little suspect.

Actually VAs can cost MORE it depends on the quality of VA I think it was back when Merc's VA got switched and people looked it up but the price they were paying the original VA was actually normal pricing I think about 200 dollars for all of his lines.

But better VAs just like regular actors cost more because they can do more. 

A better VA if I recall the numbers correctly can pull in 500 dollars for all of the lines for example.

Also no remote recording costs MORE. Because you have to take the remote recording and then match it and normalize it to your other recordings and if there is issues you need them to record again. 

VAs can spend several hours working on a few scenes if the emotional impact is important doing multiple takes and so forth.

So remote actual is not cheaper it causes a lot of issues. 

Recording booths PREFER VAs to record at the location instead of remote recordings.

• NickPotterfi

NickPotterfi

#33761288 - 5 days ago

In reply to acw28 I think Creed was one of his best movies. A movie taking after the Rocky series that is about a fighter that takes on the mantle of his father's name but tries to build his own legacy at first. Then later on, he desides that he's proud to be a Creed. And he has rocky in his corner.

• BakedBrain

#33761291 - 5 days ago

In reply to revanninja

Trying to continue a money loosing show amidst economic difficulties with considerable layoffs is a bad strategy. I do not know the actual numbers, but if a product cannot recuperate its cost, it is a valid candidate for axing. If you really believe in the product and you have the financial standing to take the risk you can do it. A mecha anime show should sell mecha models. Gen:Lock has far lower economic potential than RWBY and if you have to straighten your front ...

And "head of animation" to "independent consultant" is not exactly a show of confidence.

The chance of survival for gen:Lock is far lower than 50%.

For my personal taste Vicious Cycle is far to colourful, the character design is overdone and unattractive, the graphic detail is average at best and you get no idea of game mechanics from the official trailer. Moreover packing this "product" into the yearly package looks like a desperate attempt to force-recruit players for the servers.

I downgraded my subscription to monthly and I will jump ship completely if they do not deliver on RWBY V7.

• MichaelHalpe

#33761292 - 5 days ago

In reply to BakedBrain

if the show has enough interest (which it seems to) it isnt a bad strategy if they are close

• revanninja

#33761293 - 5 days ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

In reply to BakedBrain

Michael has the right of it.

If a show doesn't produce exactly what they wanted but was close they can fine tune it and fix issues to bring in more viewers.

You are assuming not meeting expectations to mean a very low number when that isn't the case. If you put in A thousand but get back 800 you are not meeting expectations but are close. So either you adjust some things such as ads for example or you make it so people can more easily watch it.

Which the last one rt is doing. From what I heard gen is being put on toonami so it exposes more people to it that may have been turned off by the paywall but can be hooked and then willing to pay.

There is a LOT of strategies for a show not meeting expectations.

And you are wrong about gray by the by. Because there is more going on then just one show in that regard. Narrowing it to that makes no sense.

And no they weren't forcing on vicious circle. That was just what is called a reward for people buying the yearly service.

Since and this is what kills the idea of forcing players you don't have to play.

Hence you are wrong.

From my phone

• Dinobot01

#33761295 - 5 days ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...

Try this. I thought it was great