Forums > RWBY

Volume 7 Wants and Theories

Posts (67)

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33752807 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to HokutoYangSoup

If your only argument is that "Miles & Kerry" did the fights, this is not much.

There are very good fights post-3 and I do not care at all who did it.

The Haven fight though was way below their usual standard.

A large group battle is not a bad idea, if you have the ressources to do it properly.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33752808 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

I believe it is too early for that. Salem can only be faced if the protagonists are controlling at least 60% of an old-world-magic user that would be two maidens, both Branwen twins and Ozpin and then some small change and this would be only enough for a fighting retreat, Salem is invincible, so she can stuff any amount of damage.

I would like the villains to totally destroy Atlas and make the protagonists run for their lives. With or without Salem personally.

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33752821 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to BakedBrain

I'm personally hoping Atlas will be the "loss at Ba Sing Se/end of Avatar season 2" moment for the heroes. 

Speaking of hopes: My fingers are crossed that we don't spend three volumes (Volumes 7 to 9) in Atlas. We did three in Beacon and three in Mistral but I'm kinda hoping they break that formula with something unexpected. Maybe have one of the heroes captured by Salem and do a detour from the "go to Kingdom, do stuff with Relic" plot. RWBY hasn't done a rescue mission yet. That would be cool. It'd probably be in Volume 8 or later though.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33752822 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to BakedBrain

We don't have a full scope on Oz's capabilities, so I suppose one could argue that it wouldn't be a stretch for him alone to pull something off that disrupts Salem long enough for them to get away. To be clear this wouldn't be anything more impressive than the magical equivalent of throwing sand in her eyes and running for dear life. I'm not expecting them to actually be able to successfully fight her, but just hearing them talk a bit would be interesting.

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33752823 - 2 weeks ago

Probably what I see happening in volume 7 is that Cinder and Neo will be nearly able to kill Ruby but are interrupted by Salem appearing. She'll probably be mad that Cinder tried to disobey those orders before taking Ruby (and possibly Jaune) captive.

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33752827 - 2 weeks ago

I just want the giant upper class of Atlas to fall.

• BakedBrain

#33752885 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to TheImmoralCookie

I want all of Atlas to fall, with man and mouse.

The villains have to recover lost ground and knocking out groups of people already displayed as diagreeable is not suffient villainy.

KILL! MAIM! MUTILATE!

I am rather bloodthirsty, lately,

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33752907 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to BakedBrain

To all villains: KILL! MAIM! MUTILATE!..Just not my favorite characters please, thank you! :D

• Yitsul

Yitsul

#33752980 - 2 weeks ago

-Something really bad happening to Jacques

-a Weakness of Salem revealed

-Yang's arm repaired

-Blake gets a new weapon

• TheImmoralCookie

#33752986 - 2 weeks ago

I 110% wanna know what Blake will use as a new weapon. So excited for that reveal. I also really am interested on how they go about doing it. Since they give names to their weapons and Ruby will probably go nuts over it if/when Blake gets an upgrade. I wonder what it will signify for Blake and if it will have any specific colors. Along with what and why she will give it the name it would have.

I would hope that it isn't a remake of her old weapon. As Blake losing a weapon (or any character) is a very big deal. I would hope at least.

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33753792 - 1 week ago

I thought of another thing. It's more of a vague idea I'd like to see someday:

RWBY being unable to use their Semblances for some reason. The concept of Semblance-loss was introduced with Mercury's dad and I'd love to see something be done with it. I don't know how since Mercury's dad is dead but it would be so interesting to see RWBY  have to fight without their Semblances. Yang was learning how to rely on her Semblance less so maybe it could lead somewhere? Like, maybe Atlas could have tech that can suppress Semblances or something? If Atlas is worried about enemies, they might attempt to create something that stops people from using their Semblances. IDK.  

It doesn't have to happen in Volume 7, but I'd like to see it happen sometime in the show. 

• bestpun

bestpun FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33753811 - 6 days ago

I am actually quite happy with how the story is going. Volume 6 has set up lots of cool stuff that can be used in volume 7. 

The only big thing still a problem is the sloooow pacing. Really needs to pick up speed. I think they should do maybe 3 more volumes max for the main story line. Better to end it on a high note. They can do other spin offs later. Something like cinematic universe of RWBY would be cool.

What I really, really want is a feature length movie based on team CFVY! (Coffee). I hope the younger folk still remembers them. :)

At least one can dream.

• EmeraldKiwi94

EmeraldKiwi94

#33753813 - 6 days ago

In reply to bestpun

They're not getting a movie but they're getting a book. It's taking place in Vacuo, if I remember correctly. It's called "After the Fall".

• bestpun

bestpun FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33753829 - 6 days ago

In reply to EmeraldKiwi94

In reply to bestpun

They're not getting a movie but they're getting a book. It's taking place in Vacuo, if I remember correctly. It's called "After the Fall".

Wow, didn't know about that, thank you for telling me. This will be awesome, I am already getting hyped for the book! :)

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33753866 - 6 days ago

There is something else I'd like to see. Raven and Tai reunited. I would love to see how Tai reacts to his Ex showing up at his house after all this time

• JROY

JROY FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gaurdian Lvl.3

#33753869 - 5 days ago

In reply to Dinobot01

I'm not sure if she stuck around Tai was the only one available for her to get away so I think she opened a portal to him then flew off to rejoin her clan.

• BakedBrain

#33753975 - 4 days ago

One thing, they should definitiely carry over from genlock is threatening opponents, which take the whole team to drive away and then one step more, a mission fail for the protagonists.